Love

I know .. nobody can enter paradise/heaven without G-d's mercy.
We all fall short.
That is not Quranic teaching. It's all about what you do. And I thought that all Muslims believe that all Muslims will be in the "garden with rivers flowing under it" and eating all kinds of good food and just really enjoying themselves! It's all about me and what I get according to Muhammad. He needed warriors and what better way to get them than to promise all these wonderful gifts.

What do you think a prophet is?
A prophet is a "son of God", and they get the info from "the Father" i.e. G-d
There are many prophets in the OT who told of future events.
Sorry, that is your opinion but it is not true. "a prophet is a son of God", NO. Only Jesus was declared to be the Son of God. Tell me another prophet that was born to a virgin! Prophets did receive revelation from God, but they are not considered a Son of God, they are mearly people selected by God to pass along information. Jesus did so much more than pass along information, He die for mankind that would believe in Him.

Could you please explain Sura 48:16 to me?
Say unto those of the wandering Arabs who were left behind: Ye will be called against a folk of mighty prowess, to fight them until they surrender; and if ye obey, Allah will give you a fair reward; but if ye turn away as ye did turn away before, He will punish you with a painful doom.
https://quran.com/48

I think in context the Prophet is shaming those who did not go out with him to battle? They expected him and his fighters to be killed; instead they returned home victorious with plentiful spoils of war. Those who do not follow Muhammad, do not follow Allah?

Lo! those who swear allegiance unto thee (Muhammad), swear allegiance only unto Allah. The Hand of Allah is above their hands. So whosoever breaketh his oath, breaketh it only to his soul's hurt; while whosoever keepeth his covenant with Allah, on him will He bestow immense reward.
48:10

Last edited:
That is not Quranic teaching. It's all about what you do. And I thought that all Muslims believe that all Muslims will be in the "garden with rivers flowing under it" and eating all kinds of good food and just really enjoying themselves! It's all about me and what I get according to Muhammad. He needed warriors and what better way to get them than to promise all these wonderful gifts.
Well you thought wrong!
I am the Muslim here .. I've been an Orthodox Muslim for 45 years. :)
I embraced Islam in my 20's.

First and foremost, it is about what you believe .. Tawhid .. the Oneness of G-d.

You do not know your OT, my friend.
A "son of G-d" in the OT is a person especially close to G-d such as prophet or saint, or an angel.
You misunderstand and are incorrect. Sons of God (Hebrew: בְנֵי־הָאֱלֹהִים, romanized: Bənē hāʾĔlōhīm, literally: "sons of the Elohim") or Bene Elohim. Is used for direct creations of God like Adam and the Angels. They were not procreated by men.

Ben Adam means son of man which were by means of procreation.

I was brought up as Church of England.

I have never thrown out Jesus the Christ from accepting Muhammad, Krishna, Zoroaster, the Bab and Baha'u'llah, to name a few.

In fact, I see it strengthened my faith in Christ.

All the best, have a great day, I am soon to bed and when your evening comes, I wil be getting up at 4am to start work at 5:30am. 🤣👌👍

Regards Tony
So you'll stop telling Christians to abandon the Trinity, to suit your Quran rooted cult ideology?

You will accept Buddhist rebirth and Hindu polytheism?
Trinity schminity! Whatever floats your boat and makes you feel more connected to and respectful of our environment, your fellow man and our earth, whatever helps you feel peace within and comfortable in your skin and with your beliefs....if ya need a G!d, I don't care if you have one, three, a dozen or hundreds.

The more I read from folks who beat their drum, the more I desire silence....or to make an attempt to beat my drum harmoniously with those on beat, in tune, and connect with others.

I think it is quite the kludge to attempt to marry all the Scriptures, inevitably some had to be tossed in order to comply with others...

I wish we could accept that others have beliefs we don't believe....and it is ok.

The arguments here...I mean amicable discussions...increase my desire to not insist anyone believe as I do...because reading them increases my heart rate and blood pressure....makes me want to say insensitive things.

There are things that I have said and words that I have written that I don't believe!

I believed then....but no longer do. You too? You find that acceptable in your own growth?

What if we could find that in scripture?

Acceptable that if the authors had information we currently have, (be it on history, society, the human condition, or science) they would have written different things...

That they wrote what they were inspired to write then, but reserve the right to change their mind with new information.

We ask that for ourselves, but we took that away from the authors, editors and translators by putting it on a pedestal and believing it to be divine and 100% accurate.

Well maybe not 100%, we all give some scripture some leeway...but insist we get to pick...others we call cherry pickers.

Like me, love yall!

Sorry, that is your opinion but it is not true. "a prophet is a son of God", NO. Only Jesus was declared to be the Son of God. Tell me another prophet that was born to a virgin! Prophets did receive revelation from God, but they are not considered a Son of God, they are mearly people selected by God to pass along information. Jesus did so much more than pass along information, He die for mankind that would believe in Him.
NO. Your truth is not true according to the Bible.

1. The title "Son of God" was attributed to David, the king. Later, it became a title of the expected Messiah. Jesus is the Messiah and this title is given to him exactly to express this. There were prophets called "Elohim" "god's", but nobody ever meant to say that they are gods. The same, neither David nor Jesus are "Halfgods". No Jew, not Jesus, not his disciples, nor his enemies understood it like that.

2. Why did Jesus teach the disciples to pray, "Our Father..."? Because according to the Word from the mouth of Jesus, everyone who does the Will of the Father (God).

3. No apostle and no Gospel writer says that Jesus is Son of God because of the virgin birth. John associated it to the baptism (see the baptism of Jesus and the dialogue with Nikodemos.

Bless? That is Muhammad thinking. Those whom God chooses and loves are disciplined and will endure hardships. No one who is a child of God will not be disciplined.

James 1
2 Consider it all joy, my brethren, when you encounter various trials,
3 knowing that the testing of your faith produces cendurance.
New American Standard Bible: 1995 Update (La Habra, CA: The Lockman Foundation, 1995), Jas 1:2–3.
Times change. Early Christians had to endure prosecution and all kinds of atrocities. Muhammad had the same problem in the beginning, but he took the option of armed defeat, which was an option then, but not for early Christians. In my opinion, it is false to perpetuate teachings of the time. Neither religious war nor endurant and the patient suffering is good in itself, only the best choice in the time.

Question to you: What do you think reading
Jesus saying, "My yoke is light"?

I think in context the Prophet is shaming those who did not go out with him to battle? They expected him and his fighters to be killed; instead they returned home victorious with plentiful spoils of war. Those who do not follow Muhammad, do not follow Allah?
agreed, Muhammad needed people to fight his battles against the Jews and "unbelievers" (in Muhammad, not Allah)

Reactions: RJM
That they wrote what they were inspired to write then, but reserve the right to change their mind with new information.
I am not sure what you are relating to here, unless you are trying to. The OT agrees with the OT and the NT agrees with the NT. They are two different avenues with the Same God. There is no "changing their mind". That's your silly view.

No Jew, not Jesus, not his disciples, nor his enemies understood it like that.
33 The Jews answered Him, “For a good work we do not stone You, but for blasphemy; and because You, being a man, make Yourself out to be God.”

New American Standard Bible: 1995 Update (La Habra, CA: The Lockman Foundation, 1995), Jn 10:33.

2. Why did Jesus teach the disciples to pray, "Our Father..."? Because according to the Word from the mouth of Jesus, everyone who does the Will of the Father (God).
So is God actually a "Father"? He has a body? Or is Father just a figure used for our understanding? Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. Scripture declares all 3 to be God the Creator.

What is the "Will of the Father"?

35 Jesus said to them, “I am the bread of life; he who comes to Me will not hunger, and he who believes in Me will never thirst.
36 “But I said to you that you have seen Me, and yet do not believe.
37 “All that the Father gives Me will come to Me, and the one who comes to Me I will certainly not cast out.
38 “For I have come down from heaven, not to do My own will, but the will of Him who sent Me.
39 “This is the will of Him who sent Me, that of all that He has given Me I lose nothing, but raise it up on the last day.
40 “For this is the will of My Father, that everyone who beholds the Son and believes in Him will have eternal life, and I Myself will raise him up on the last day.”

New American Standard Bible: 1995 Update (La Habra, CA: The Lockman Foundation, 1995), Jn 6:35–40.

Can you please give me the reference for this?
In particular, Psalm 2

There are several discussions on this on Stack exchange, see

hermeneutics.stackexchange.com/questions/22983/in-psalm-212-why-is-the-aramaic-word-for-son-%d7%91%d6%b7%d7%a8-bar

Back