Love

Question to you: What do you think reading
Jesus saying, "My yoke is light"?
Do you know what a yoke is? It binds two animals together. Usually a lead animal and then a learning animal. Don't miss the text, "and you will find rest for your soul." Keep it in context, Matthew 11:28, 29, 30.

"my yoke is easy and my burden is light". These are the Words of Scripture that opened my eyes to the Truth of God.

Times change.
Yes, "times change" but the Word of God remains the same forever and are true for every generation and every people. The basic concept remains the same, "love your neighbor as yourself" If this would happen then the world would be heaven, a peaceful place.

So is God actually a "Father"? He has a body? Or is Father just a figure used for our understanding? Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. Scripture declares all 3 to be God the Creator.

What is the "Will of the Father"?

35 Jesus said to them, “I am the bread of life; he who comes to Me will not hunger, and he who believes in Me will never thirst.
36 “But I said to you that you have seen Me, and yet do not believe.
37 “All that the Father gives Me will come to Me, and the one who comes to Me I will certainly not cast out.
38 “For I have come down from heaven, not to do My own will, but the will of Him who sent Me.
39 “This is the will of Him who sent Me, that of all that He has given Me I lose nothing, but raise it up on the last day.
40 “For this is the will of My Father, that everyone who beholds the Son and believes in Him will have eternal life, and I Myself will raise him up on the last day.”

New American Standard Bible: 1995 Update (La Habra, CA: The Lockman Foundation, 1995), Jn 6:35–40.
Both, Father and son are images; so to say translations for us humans. The Father, as image for God, stands for God, not a human.
Son stands for humans, not gods.

Yes, "times change" but the Word of God remains the same forever and are true for every generation and every people. The basic concept remains the same, "love your neighbor as yourself" If this would happen then the world would be heaven, a peaceful place.
I agree.
Many teachings of Jesus aren't bound to his time and situation.
An example where a saying of Jesus is situation dependent is,"who is not against us, is with us", and, "who is not with us, is against us" (supposed both are authentic)

In particular, Psalm 2
You are stretching it here, (this is your one example?) since there is uncertainty about this Psalm as to it's meaning. Prophetic in nature.

13 “He shall build a house for My name, and I will establish the throne of his kingdom forever.
14 “I will be a father to him and he will be a son to Me; when he commits iniquity, I will correct him with the rod of men and the strokes of the sons of men,
15 but My lovingkindness shall not depart from him, as I took it away from Saul, whom I removed from before you.
16 “Your house and your kingdom shall endure before Me forever; your throne shall be established forever.” ’ ”
17 In accordance with all these words and all this vision, so Nathan spoke to David.

New American Standard Bible: 1995 Update (La Habra, CA: The Lockman Foundation, 1995), 2 Sa 7:13–17.

Psalm 2 is a messianic psalm or a psalm that speaks of a messiah who will rule the nations from Zion. Jews who do not believe that Jesus is the Messiah still see this verse as speaking of a coming Messiah. The Old Testament portrays both the Jewish people and the Messiah as Gods son. In Exodus 4:22 God declares that Israel is His first-born son. In 1 Chronicles 17:13 God speaks of an eternal ruler who will come from the line of David saying, “I will be to him a father, and he will be to me a son”. This passage is speaking of the future messiah because God says that this particular son of David will reign forever. Christians see Jesus in these passages because he claimed to be the Messiah. Jews see a coming Messiah in these passages.

35 And Jesus began to say, as He taught in the temple, “How is it that the scribes say that the Christ is the son of David?
36 “David himself said in the Holy Spirit,
‘THE LORD SAID TO MY LORD,
“SIT AT MY RIGHT HAND,
UNTIL I PUT YOUR ENEMIES BENEATH YOUR FEET.” ’
37 “David himself calls Him ‘Lord’; so in what sense is He his son?” And the large crowd enjoyed listening to Him.

New American Standard Bible: 1995 Update (La Habra, CA: The Lockman Foundation, 1995), Mk 12:35–37.
Both, Father and son are images; so to say translations for us humans. The Father, as image for God, stands for God, not a human.
You are welcome to your opinions, but they are not what Scripture teaches.

"who is not against us, is with us", and, "who is not with us, is against us"
The first part is Scripture when dealing with the disciples not knowing who others were.
The second part?

Keep it in context and Scripture always interprets Scripture.

This is from the Universal House of Justice, not a direct quote from Baha'u'llah.
Yes indeed you are correct.

I Should have offered "The Most Great Peace Shall Come", yet that was quoted from EG Browne's recollection.

Lots of water under the bridge and a Lesser Peace yet to happen.

Regards Tony

I think Father is eternal, unchanging Spirit, man is ever-changing nature, bound for death. Spirit descended into nature when Adam and Eve received 'coats of skin'. Christ, the Son, as the sinless and virgin born new Adam becomes the bridge between nature and Spirit the way the truth and the life.

Christ is Emmanuel -- God with us.

Last edited:
Do you know what a yoke is? It binds two animals together. Usually a lead animal and then a learning animal. Don't miss the text, "and you will find rest for your soul." Keep it in context, Matthew 11:28, 29, 30.

"my yoke is easy and my burden is light". These are the Words of Scripture that opened my eyes to the Truth of God.
I think you did not understand why I picked this. It was not because I have no clue what it means. I would have liked you to say how you, personally, (having read the Bible) make the relationship between the two poles, the hard persecution he foresaid also to his (direct) disciples, the subject you referred to in the post I answered, and the passage cited (you were more precise quoting; I cited it from my mind). I am the more interested as you said, it was very important to you.

The OT agrees with the OT and the NT agrees with the NT.
That is what YOU believe...Jews, Muslims, believe differently.
That's your silly view.

You do realize there are those that believe your views are silly right?

There is no "changing their mind".
It sure seems you are trying in dang near every post and comment you make...why is that? Are you afraid they will change yours?

An example where a saying of Jesus is situation dependent is,"who is not against us, is with us", and, "who is not with us, is against us" (supposed both are authentic)
Am I correct in assuming that this is what you are referring to in a later post.
I think you did not understand why I picked this. It was not because I have no clue what it means. I would have liked you to say how you, personally, (having read the Bible) make the relationship between the two poles, the
I hope that I can correctly answer this. There is the Church, believers in Christ. They will be for us, then there is the rest. They will be against us. Persecution is a sign that the Church is real. Meaning individual people, not an organization or a building.
Like I said in an earlier response, The first half of your post is Scripture, the second part I don’t remember as being Scripture.

Not sure as to your meaning of “poles”, just had to decipher on my own here. I thought the question was about Matthew 11:28-30.

That is what YOU believe...Jews, Muslims, believe differently
You are all free to believe exactly what you want to believe. I believe in words and sentences to derive at a meaning. I guess that is not the norm here. ”In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.” “And all things came into being through Him.”

Sorry if I believe this. Actually some Jews and Muslims have come to believe this. Nichodemus was one such Jew, so was the Jew who wrote this, John. then you have Peter, Paul, James, Matthew. All anyone has to do is read the Jewish Scriptures to see how wrong they were about God. And as far as Muslims, they just bought into a lie. You do realize that both of these sects grow by human reproduction don’t you.
You do realize there are those that believe your views are silly right?
Of course, I would expect nothing other than that.
It sure seems you are trying in dang near every post and comment you make...why is that? Are you afraid they will change yours?
That is how you see it, but it’s not my agenda. Like I have said before, this is kind of an experiment. I know that I can’t change anyone’s belief. Only God can do that.

I have stated from the beginning; are you sure you don’t believe a lie! Trying only to put across the foolishness of people buying into all sorts of deception. Wether is be Religion or advertising or politics. I have said, I don’t care what you believe, you don’t have to give account to me for any of your beliefs. Most people just don’t care, I have come to understand this very clearly. They like their comfort zone and don’t care to seek for truth. But that is just the way that people are (sheep, led to the slaughter as the Bible puts it). All anyone has to do is watch how a mob responds to someone with a microphone. I certainly will never walk away from the God who saved me. Like Peter said when Jesus asked him, “do you also want to leave” and Peter replies; where do I go, you have the Truth”.

When I find lies in other Religions and man-made silliness, I remain very secure in the Bible.

Last edited by a moderator:
Please?

Who you asking?
It is asked of all humanity.

Regards Tony

You do realize that both of these sects grow by human reproduction don’t you.
Allmsects grow from sex...indoctrination of children is a tactic all religions utilize.
That is how you see it, but it’s not my agenda. Like I have said before, this is kind of an experiment.
It is how many see it!

If your goal is to be an insulting asshat and turn folks away from christianity...you are succeeding

Allmsects grow from sex...indoctrination of children is a tactic all religions utilize
Indoctrination does not make a Christian. Muslims are those born to muslim parents, Catholics are born to Catholic parents, Mormons are born to Mormon parents. Only in Christianity, a child born to Christian parents does not make a Christian. A person has to accept Christ on their own merit. You are becoming a tired old grumpy man. You hate Christianity for some reason, probably because you were burnt by someone claiming to be a Christian. Sorry, that is why most people are on this site, they have been burned by so called Christianity or the so called Church.

And you are one to talk, bordering on insulting many times!

Back