Why I take the Bible literally

The Bible doesn't say that the Earth is 6,000 years old. I understand why many followers believe this to be true, but the only thing around 6,000 years old is the human race from Adam.
Exactly! How did you arrive at this conclusion?

I could get into a deep conversation about all this. Who says that the rocks are billions of years old?

God created the rocks in the condition they are in now.

Who says that the day and year are revolutions around the sun? The bible doesn't say it.. the bible says many times that the earth is fixed in place and shall not be moved. Joshua commanded the sun and moon to stand still.. not the earth.

It's enough for me to question what I'm being told when it's in conflict with what the bible says. Whether I'm right or wrong I don't question it.. I'll find out eventually.
Yes, you will, everyone will, and I don’t think it’ll be to our detriment. (Only for the incorrigibly wicked.)

But I’d like you to rethink something. In your first post, you implied that the Lake of Fire was hell.
How could that be, since hell is “cast into” the L of F? (Revelation 20:14, Douay-Rhiems, says: “14And hell and death were cast into the pool of fire. This is the second death.”

And if the fire is literal, why is death thrown into it? How can it “burn” death?

Yes, you will, everyone will, and I don’t think it’ll be to our detriment. (Only for the incorrigibly wicked.)

But I’d like you to rethink something. In your first post, you implied that the Lake of Fire was hell.
How could that be, since hell is “cast into” the L of F? (Revelation 20:14, Douay-Rhiems, says: “14And hell and death were cast into the pool of fire. This is the second death.”

And if the fire is literal, why is death thrown into it? How can it “burn” death?
English is horrible for translation from Greek. We have 1 word for love. Hell is much the same.

That is Hell translated from Hades which is the place of the dead

Gehenna the lake of fire created for lucifer and his angels

Exactly! How did you arrive at this conclusion?
The book of Jubilee (estimated 2nd century BCE) tries to date the creation, parting from the Genesis and solving discrepancies in the ages of the ancient (where according to the Masoretic version, 3 ancestors of Noah would have still been alives in the time of the Deluge).This seems to be the base of the estimated time "from the beginning".
I personally refuse to take myths for real and adhere scientific evidence which is not an ultimate truth, and would be revised on further findings, but even has enough evidence for the claim that even the human race is much older than this reckoning.

To be precise: the book of Jubilee precedes the Masoretic Torah, but there are differences between the majority Masoretic version, the Samaritan tradition and versions of the LXX, and the author of the book of Jubilee made a decent choice of the versions he probably knew.

Last edited:
So you don’t take the Creative Days as literal. Good!
I didn't say that. Just that it doesn't give an exact date of creation. My beliefs about how the universe and life began are difficult to explain and I really won't go there. I am just giving my commentary on one of many religious books that exist.

Why do planes not fly over the Pacific?

High Costs

The vastness of the Pacific Ocean translates to greater distances that airplanes must cover, resulting in higher fuel consumption. As fuel constitutes a significant portion of airlines' operational expenses, the cost of flying over the Pacific Ocean can be substantial.Jun 26, 2023

Why can't Australia fly directly to South America?

It is difficult to fly from Australia to South America because of the sheer distance between the two continents. The flight would take over 20 hours, and even with multiple stops it can be a long journey.Apr 27, 2021

Why do planes not fly over the Pacific?

High Costs

The vastness of the Pacific Ocean translates to greater distances that airplanes must cover, resulting in higher fuel consumption. As fuel constitutes a significant portion of airlines' operational expenses, the cost of flying over the Pacific Ocean can be substantial.Jun 26, 2023

Why can't Australia fly directly to South America?

It is difficult to fly from Australia to South America because of the sheer distance between the two continents. The flight would take over 20 hours, and even with multiple stops it can be a long journey.Apr 27, 2021
There are 2 direct flights a day from Sydney to Sao Paulo.

There are 2 direct flights a day from Sydney to Sao Paulo.
Which airlines fly direct from SYD to GRU Airport?
At present, no airlines offer flights directly from Kingsford Smith Intl. Airport (SYD) to Guarulhos - Governor Andre Franco Montoro Intl. Airport (GRU). You’ll have to book a flight with one or more stops. To get the best price and connections, lock in your airfare well ahead of time.

This was from expedia

Which airlines fly direct from SYD to GRU Airport?
At present, no airlines offer flights directly from Kingsford Smith Intl. Airport (SYD) to Guarulhos - Governor Andre Franco Montoro Intl. Airport (GRU). You’ll have to book a flight with one or more stops. To get the best price and connections, lock in your airfare well ahead of time.

This was from expedia
Yes, they have a stop in Santiago de Chile (also on the other side of the Pacific). Here the direct flights from Sydney
1716551685547.png

question: how come the wandering stars (the planetoi, or as you call the 8 planets) when looked at from the ground look no different from any other star, just don't follow the same course, being clearly light, allegedly they are no longer emitting light the closer you get to them? Don't objects emitting light tend to get brighter as you get closer to them?

I like to think and brainstorm before I accept any beliefs, including religious ones too, although I do trust the ancient prophets and sages far more than modern liars pushing idiotic beliefs like dinosaurs, evolution, sphere shaped earth going round the sun, time travel, aliens, other dimensions, atomism, cellular biology, germ theory and other likewise idiotic beliefs that we all have shoved down our throats by modern schooling, media, word of mouth before we even think to ask a question.
i realize this is an incredibly old post, I may have seen it before and ignored it, not wanting to dignifty it with a reply, but i am reviewing again and really shocked about the list of things you state as "idiotic" and how you conflate the real with the not real. there is not a single thing idiotic about dinosaurs, evolution, as sphere shaped earth, cellular biology, germ theory etc. and you did no offer a single reason for why you consider those things "idiotic" -- is it because you didn't study them and don't understand them?

Time travel is mainly fictional and at most there is some theoretical research in some esoteric areas of science. Similar with other dimensions. Aliens are hypothesized but to date there is no hard data supporting them. Much of what is talked about on "ancient aliens" TV shows is pseudoscience. It has no bearing on the reality of real science which studies things like atoms and germs. I'm not sure what YOU mean by atomism (as that term is sometimes used in sociology) but if you mean the existence of atoms and things being made up of atoms (the more usual physical science meaning) that's foundational to science and long known.

You do not supply any reasons why you think modern scientists are liars. Or why you think atoms, germs, and a round earth are nonsense. I'm very sorry if you did not ask questions in school. Even sorrier to hear you think you didn't have time to (implied in your statement) Have you not been reading up on science with at least enough of an open mind for these ideas to be explained to you? Have you not been reading enough to to separate real science from pseudoscience? Take a course now, maybe through something like Coursera, and ask questions, respectfully, if you want to know.

Anybody who is more up on any of these branches of science who can say more, by all means.

They been banning books and burning witches for a while....
Who is "they?" Point to one recent instance of either. Pulling smut from libraries for underage children is not banning, any more than rating movies is. The ONLY ongoing witch hunt is political.

Since your statement is inaccurate, flat out false and deliberately misleading, your account should be banned and you should be doxed. Society should turn their back on you, and you should be publicly shamed and humiliated.

What goes around, comes around. 😉

the primary counterargument I've gotten is that there are no rays from the sun to the moon, but that still doesn't make up for the obvious fact that there should be rays between the sun and earth, it just means that I have to figure out why not on the moon and I could estimate maybe because their is a different distance different elements any other plausible hypothesis etc.
I'm sorry, that is just nonsense. Whoever told you that, I don't care if child or old timer, doesn't know what they are talking about.

If the light from a star billions of light years away from the earth can reach here, then the sun rays...which are just starlight...do reach the moon.

If you are referencing the moon phases and why the moon looks partial most of the time, it relates to how the sunlight hits the moon and casts a shadow...which if you think about it proves the moon is round. So if the moon is round, like a ball, then maybe G!d using His perfect blueprint also created the Earth to be round like a ball.

Of course, someone determined to dig their heels in to support the unsupportable will ignore and not attempt to see. There is none so blind as one who refuses to see.

I just don't understand who I'm harming by believing what I believe. It takes more faith for me to believe that this planet is a sphere traveling 67,000 miles around the sun while also rotating on its axis and to have the same constellations in the sky each night of the year. I'm just done with this whole conversation. I'm finding myself resenting people I consider friends as I feel insulted and mocked and we all know that noone is going to win this argument.. noone is going to prove the other wrong. I really took a chance in revealing this theory as it supports my belief in the Word of God. The entire thread has been about this one issue.

I wonder how it would go if I went to some sub forum and mocked and ridiculed someone else's beliefs that I find ridiculous and full of lies. Trust me there are many.

Regardless. I'm done.
Did you ever consider to change your mind, and if you didn't ever consider, why?

Who is "they?" Point to one recent instance of either. Pulling smut from libraries for underage children is not banning, any more than rating movies is. The ONLY ongoing witch hunt is political.

Since your statement is inaccurate, flat out false and deliberately misleading, your account should be banned and you should be doxed.
Ouch...heehee

The First Amendment to the U.S. Constitution
“Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or of the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.”

A book burning bonfire is held in Nashville, Tennessee, led by pastor Greg Locke, over 1,000 unique books banned since July 1, 2021, spanning 86 school districts in 26 states.

Georgia college students protest author’s message by burning books – October 2019

Tennessee public library fires employee for burning books by Trump and Coulter – February 2021

Texas school district removes books deemed to be “inappropriate” from reading list – March 2021

Wyoming prosecutors consider criminal charges against librarians for circulating controversial books – October 2021

Pennsylvania teen creates banned book club in response to national censorship – January 2022

Tennessee school board bans acclaimed Holocaust graphic novel Maus, author responds – January 2022

Pastor, angry citizens ask Kansas school officials to remove LGBTQ-oriented book from library shelves, effort fails – February 2022

Florida rejects math textbooks over ‘prohibited topics’ – April 2022
Wisconsin school board denies students access to book about internment of Japanese Americans during World War II – June 2022

The list goes on and on....

Fun fact...you cannot write a regulation that will detail the topics to be banned without banning the bible...as it has it all, incest, violence, genocide, homosexuality, rape...

Make a sandwich friend.

Pulling smut from libraries for underage children is not banning
Have they removed this book?

Two Adulterous Sisters
23 The word of the Lord came to me: 2 “Son of man, there were two women, daughters of the same mother. 3 They became prostitutes in Egypt, engaging in prostitution from their youth. In that land their breasts were fondled and their virgin bosoms caressed. 4 The older was named Oholah, and her sister was Oholibah. They were mine and gave birth to sons and daughters. Oholah is Samaria, and Oholibah is Jerusalem.

5 “Oholah engaged in prostitution while she was still mine; and she lusted after her lovers, the Assyrians—warriors 6 clothed in blue, governors and commanders, all of them handsome young men, and mounted horsemen. 7 She gave herself as a prostitute to all the elite of the Assyrians and defiled herself with all the idols of everyone she lusted after. 8 She did not give up the prostitution she began in Egypt, when during her youth men slept with her, caressed her virgin bosom and poured out their lust on her.

9 “Therefore I delivered her into the hands of her lovers, the Assyrians, for whom she lusted. 10 They stripped her naked, took away her sons and daughters and killed her with the sword. She became a byword among women, and punishment was inflicted on her.

11 “Her sister Oholibah saw this, yet in her lust and prostitution she was more depraved than her sister. 12 She too lusted after the Assyrians—governors and commanders, warriors in full dress, mounted horsemen, all handsome young men. 13 I saw that she too defiled herself; both of them went the same way.

14 “But she carried her prostitution still further. She saw men portrayed on a wall, figures of Chaldeans[a] portrayed in red, 15 with belts around their waists and flowing turbans on their heads; all of them looked like Babylonian chariot officers, natives of Chaldea. 16 As soon as she saw them, she lusted after them and sent messengers to them in Chaldea. 17 Then the Babylonians came to her, to the bed of love, and in their lust they defiled her. After she

Goose, gander, or simple hypocrisy?

The First Amendment to the U.S. Constitution
“Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or of the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.”
And the Left repeatedly disregards this and other Amendments to the US Constitution, so what's your point? Pick and choose when it's convenient? Would you like to borrow my pocket copy of the Constitution? The Bill of Rights (grade school reminder - the First Ten Amendments) are there for a reason...reason the Left undermines and ignores, so a Lefty lecturing me about the Constitution is to be ignored...you have the right to speak, you don't have the right to force me to listen.

Only the left could create a rap opera about Alexander Hamilton and gush all about it, while ignoring everything the man stood for.

Just another illustration of Lefty Lunacy, and it is par for the course.

Back