Do serve God...or a 'Trinity'?

It's one thing to say that contrary teaching are anti Christian
But if Christ was silent on something, such as say, music theory, does that ipso facto make music theory anti Christian??
He was ALWAYS teaching about his God... and Father.
So, nice try!

(Repated meme removed by moderator)

Last edited by a moderator:
Of course He was teaching about His Father. Thats why He came as a man.. sin separates us from the Father and Jesus came to reconcile us with His Father by DYING on the cross and SHEDDING His blood for our sins. Stop being a troll.

Since Jesus didn't teach it, it is anti-christian...
Trinity? Of course He did ... hence the New World Translation alters the text, offering fudged translations to obscure the message.

John 1:1 – “In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.”
NWT: “In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was a god.”

No Greek scholarship supports the inclusion of the indefinite article – with 'a god' the NWT apparently denies the Trinity but endorses polytheism. Clearly only necessary to cloud the issue.

+++

John 14:10 – “Do you not believe that I am in the Father, and the Father is in Me? The words that I say to you I do not speak on My own initiative, but the Father abiding in Me does His works.”
NWT: “Do you not believe that I am in union with the Father and the Father is in union with me? The things I say to you I do not speak of my own originality, but the Father who remains in union with me is doing his works.”
'Union with' is an addition to the text, necessary to refute the actual meaning.

+++

Colossians 1:15-17, “He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation. For by Him all things were created, both in the heavens and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities—all things have been created through Him and for Him. He is before all things, and in Him all things hold together.”
NWT: “He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation; because by means of him all other things were created in the heavens and on the earth, the things visible and the things invisible, whether they are thrones or lordships or governments or authorities. All other things have been created through him and for him. Also, he is before all other things, and by means of him all other things were made to exist.”
The word “other” inserted four times. It's not in the original texts, nor implied.
A necessary diddling with the text to support the JW assertion that Jesus is a created being, albeit before all 'other' created being.

There are two words for “other”: heteros, and allos. The first means another of a different kind, and the second means another of the same kind. Neither is used at all in this section of scripture.

Hebrews 1:8 – “But of the Son He says, ‘Your throne, O God, is forever and ever, and the righteous scepter is the scepter of his kingdom.'”
“But about the Son, he says: ‘God is your throne forever and ever, and the scepter of your Kingdom is the scepter of uprightness.'”

The JW's have changed the Bible to agree with their theology. The verse is a quote from Psalm 45:6 which, from the Hebrew, can only be translated as “…Your throne, O God, will last forever and ever; a scepter of justice will be the scepter of your kingdom.” To justify their NT translation they changed the OT as well.

+++

There are other instances, but the point here is, if Jesus did not speak of His own divinity, and the Trinity, then the JWs would not have been required to insert words into the text. The simply fact that they have points to the fact that He did teach it.

Yes, a "troll" in YOUR mind, is someone that actually BELIEVES Jesus, instead of Churchianity.

Yes, a "troll" in YOUR mind, is someone that actually BELIEVES Jesus, instead of Churchianity.
No, just a rude and insulting person, uninterested in any real interfaith discussion. This is a member's website. This isn't Facebook

Do we need this guy, folks?

Repeat post and meme removed by moderator.

Third and final warning issued

How confusing..
Was Jesus talking about His Father or Himself?
..so Jesus is not the Father .. but He is God .. and the Father is also God .. ummm o_O
You are being deliberately obtuse.. you know exactly what we believe. Not understanding why we have to continuously go back and forth on the same topic. Over and over and over again.

Ok I get you don't believe in the Trinity and. that Jesus is God the Almighty. How about we try something different . Let's look at what we believe that is the same. I will start . We both pray.. we both have a holy Scripture that we believe was given by God.. we both believe and follow the moral laws given by God. I respect that you have differences in your belief because we have similar practices. Can you offer the same respect?

..I respect that you have differences in your belief because we have similar practices. Can you offer the same respect?
Well, it is the nature of the thread..
One might stick to the "Christian" board .. and even then, there are many Christians who don't believe Jesus is God.
@theMadJW being one of them.

I don't think it is helpful to suggest that he is not a Christian .. that is what the Roman
Empire started .. one has to believe such-and-such, or they are infidels. :)

Back