Absolute Truth

I see Faith is about embracing the Absolute (God), in the knowledge we are only capable of subjective understanding.

We are actually Spirit that does not reside in the body, how can we know Absolute Truth when we are still unaware of what we really are? How can we define what is Absolute when our ignorance of it is acknowledged?

I see the apex of our understanding, is being born from the flesh into what is Absolute, the Messengers, sacrificing our will and knowledge unto the Absolute Truth we have been gifted from God. Easy to say, absolutely not so easy to do.

Regards Tony
Who's G!d?...that's the problem

I feel like this is such an important question to reflect on. Sometimes I think in the West when people talk about God, they're discussing Him from an Abrahamic point of view as a default, and we automatically see God through this theological lens. But belief in God isn't limited to Abrahamic religions, and we shouldn't assume that is the 'correct' conception of Him.

I feel like this is such an important question to reflect on. Sometimes I think in the West when people talk about God, they're discussing Him from an Abrahamic point of view as a default, and we automatically see God through this theological lens. But belief in God isn't limited to Abrahamic religions, and we shouldn't assume that is the 'correct' conception of Him.
Yes, but we need to see Him in a culturally significant light. Our comprehension would / might reject Him otherwise without a social context.

That's not to say every religion is correct, some people invent or choose some pretty bizarre things to believe. But there is a distinct commonality among the major world wisdom traditions, sufficient to give pause and take notice.

There is only One God. That is the key to the unity of all humanity, the key to our oneness is the recognition of all the Messengers sent by the One God.

This is at the core of the Message of Baha’u’llah.

Regards Tony

You need to read the Old Testament and specifically the first commandment.

Luckily there is only One God. It us humans that make Idols of names.

It is the One God that chooses and Annoints the Messengers. That is our quandary since time began, will we accept or reject the God given Messenger in the age we live?

That is our ultimate choice, that is the path to Absolute Truth. Will we Love only One given Name of God, or will we embrace all the given Names of God, all the Messengers the One God has Annointed.

Regards Tony

Last edited:
Yes, but we need to see Him in a culturally significant light. Our comprehension would / might reject Him otherwise without a social context.

That's not to say every religion is correct, some people invent or choose some pretty bizarre things to believe. But there is a distinct commonality among the major world wisdom traditions, sufficient to give pause and take notice.

I get what you're saying. But I think this becomes tricky because like I mentioned earlier in the thread, the commonalities don't cancel out the conflictions :/ this is something I've been pondering a lot.

But again, the Baha'i God is the Abrahamic God, which isn't the only conception of God out there...
No, it's just that Jesus and Muhammad are out-of-date so now new prayers, new temples, new adulation towards the new 1000 year authority for the whole human race

How could we fail to be convinced?

Luckily there is only One God. It us humans that make Idols of names.

It is the One God that chooses and Annoints the Messengers. That is our quandary since time began, will we accept or reject God given Messenger in the age we live?

That is our ultimate choice, that is the path to Absolute Truth.

Regards Tony

Honestly I think a lot of the conflict in this thread over the Baha'i faith is related to my original topic, absolute truth. The Baha'i faith is a dogmatic faith, as is Christianity, which explains why there's so much disagreement going on. I don't mean dogmatic in the bad sense (dogmas aren't a bad thing), I mean it literally, like both religions have absolute concepts (or "absolute truths") that you cannot deny if you want to remain part of that religion, or at least part of the orthodox wing. They're also both universal dogmatic religions, meaning they believe that everyone should believe what they do.

No, it's just that Jesus and Muhammad are out-of-date so now new prayers, new temples, new adulation towards the new 1000 year authority for the whole human race

How could we fail to be convinced?

Yeah, honestly, the more I learn about Baha'i the more I am convinced its not for me. Its not a "bad" religion by any means of course, but I'm uncomfortable with some of its claims.

Yeah, honestly, the more I learn about Baha'i the more I am convinced its not for me. Its not a "bad" religion by any means of course, but I'm uncomfortable with some of its claims.
When the Christ said people would need to eat His body and drink His blood, they left him in droves. Then he died on the cross and rose again -- the Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world. He healed the lepers and the blind and forgave sin.

Baha'u'llah offers world peace and unity -- isn't that the same? Authority of Baha'u'llah's billowing words for the next 800 years for all the human race. ... isn't it the same?

Last edited:
But again, the Baha'i God is the Abrahamic God, which isn't the only conception of God out there...
I would offer that would be human conceptions, based on what the One God has given us over time.

Now is the 'Day of God', as promised in all scriptures. The day of reconciliation.

Regards Tony

I get what you're saying. But I think this becomes tricky because like I mentioned earlier in the thread, the commonalities don't cancel out the conflictions :/ this is something I've been pondering a lot.
I see the contradictions are traced either back to human input, or are over Laws or specific teachings required for an age, that God does change.

All these can be discussed.

Regards Tony

Honestly I think a lot of the conflict in this thread over the Baha'i faith is related to my original topic, absolute truth. The Baha'i faith is a dogmatic faith, as is Christianity, which explains why there's so much disagreement going on. I don't mean dogmatic in the bad sense (dogmas aren't a bad thing), I mean it literally, like both religions have absolute concepts (or "absolute truths") that you cannot deny if you want to remain part of that religion, or at least part of the orthodox wing. They're also both universal dogmatic religions, meaning they believe that everyone should believe what they do.
Key thought. Absolutes do not cause division. Our relative understandings do.

The key Absolute, the path to our unity, is One God.

Regards Tony

Well, I would agree that "old is gold" ;)
..but we disregard Moses, Jesus and Muhammad at our own peril, imo.

There is a good reason why the Christians and Muslims are in a majority .. civilisation is precious, and satan
is envious of mankind .. he wishes our destruction.

@Modesty I think he missed the part where you said Baha'i doesn't interest you.
Baha'i was not referenced or mentioned in the answer.

The Lord Krishna offered.

“The whole cosmic order is under Me. Under My will it is automatically manifested again and again, and under My will it is annihilated at the end.” (Lord Krishna, Bhagavad-Gita 9.8)

“I am the source of all spiritual and material worlds. Everything emanates from Me. The wise who perfectly know this engage in My devotional service and worship Me with all their hearts.” (Lord Krishna, Bhagavad-Gita 10.8)

“Furthermore, O Arjuna, I am the generating seed of all existences. There is no being – moving or nonmoving – that can exist without Me.” (Lord Krishna, Bhagavad-Gita 10.39)

Regards Tony

Back