There is no proof of God ...

Some were ignorant, some are charlatans.
...says the man who cannot see the sincere ones. 🫣

Morals are not the same everywhere. Wearing scanty clothes is considered immoral in many societies.
And running through the bushes in one's birthday suit with a spear or bow and arrow is considered acceptable in other societies.

Doesn't change the fact that murder, theft, robbery, sexual immorality, deceit, etc are frowned on even in those societies.

Last edited:
Reactions: RJM
...says the man who cannot see the sincere ones. 🫣
And running through the bushes in one's birthday suit with a spear or bow and arrow is considered acceptable in other societies.
Doesn't change the fact that murder, theft, robbery, sexual immorality, deceit, etc are frowned on even in those societies.
sincerity does not equate to knowledge.
Yeah, there are all kinds of societies in the world. In one society, the man and his wife are always fighting except in night. During the day, the wife does not stay with the husband. Read this decades ago in Kinsey's book. Polynesian tribe.
Not in all. Some put the skulls of their enemies on mantle shelves with pride.

Community hut, Nagas.
head-hunted-human-skulls-collected-by-the-konyak-naga-tribe-north-GAB0DA.jpg

sincerity does not equate to knowledge.
Knowledge can be a hindrance to experience.

Yeah, there are all kinds of societies in the world. In one society, the man and his wife are always fighting except in night. During the day, the wife does not stay with the husband. Read this decades ago in Kinsey's book. Polynesian tribe.
Not in all. Some put the skulls of their enemies on mantle shelves with pride.

Community hut, Nagas.
head-hunted-human-skulls-collected-by-the-konyak-naga-tribe-north-GAB0DA.jpg
"Enemies," outsiders, "not us." A lot of more primitive cultures haven't learned the larger concept of "neighbor," and are still focused on tribe / family.

Not saying good or bad, just socio-cultural evolution.

Within the tribe, the "in-crowd," it is not acceptable to do many if not all of the main taboos. That's just anthropology.

"Knowledge" alone is worthless unless it is tied to action, ergo "experience."

Indeed, unless one can "do," one cannot honestly say they "know."

Do you, personally, know how to build a fire without matches or a lighter, with only natural implements?

Show me.

Do you, personally, know how to build a fire without matches or a lighter, with only natural implements?
Yes, I know but have never needed to do that. Saw a villager do it when on a hike. Easier to do with a convex lens or a concave mirror than with wooden sticks. Except for my morning tea (I get up earlier than the family being an old person), I have never lighted the gas stove. My wife (May Allah bless her) would be very angry if I did that. She does not allow me in the kitchen, because I have new suggestions for whatever she might be doing (Why not do it this way, why not do it in that way). :D

Last edited:
  • Love
Yes, I know but have never needed to do that. Saw a villager do it when on a hike.
That is not knowledge. Until you can perform that task - experience - you do not actually / truthfully "know."

There are lots of armchair wannabees in the world, few can actually perform the tasks. Those that can actually do, are the ones that truly know. All the rest are pretenders. That includes both of us.

I could ask you how to grow a vegetable garden, and like Mayor Bloomberg you might think "I can teach anybody, stick a few seeds in the ground and add some water." That comment brought backlash that helped cost him an election. There is far, far more nuance and effort into growing a garden successfully...I've been trying for years and still haven't mastered it.

I know less than nothing.

Last edited:
That is not knowledge. Until you can perform that task - experience - you do not actually / truthfully "know."
I am perfectly happy in my experience of God-lessness and soul-lessness. I have never felt their need (after becoming an atheist).

"Gods don't exist because there is no evidence."
"Aliens exist because with such a large universe, it would be ignorant NOT to believe they exist."

Years ago I posted these quotes on a forum (that is now defunct). They were from the same person. I was amazed at how twisted the "burden of proof" definition became when people were trying to defend both statements. I was amazed at how the definition of "evidence" became twisted as well. Uniformity in logic is something lacking in most people when they debate religion, politics, sex, etc.
Nice use of logic!

The conclusion is….
There’s too many shallow, twisted-to-their-own-bias thinkers.

"Aliens exist because with such a large universe, it would be ignorant NOT to believe they exist."
Aliens exist. What is meant by this? Some thing like ET? Something like humans? No evidence.
Universe is huge. No doubt life will exist somewhere.
"One such estimate says that there are between 100 and 200 billion galaxies in the observable universe." NASA - 18 Mar 2024
What form? We do not know.

It seems like you enjoy challenging scientific theories and pointing out perceived inconsistencies, particularly in relation to evolutionary astronomy and the Nebular theory. While debate and questioning are integral parts of scientific inquiry, it's essential to approach discussions with respect and an open mind, acknowledging the complexities of scientific research and the limitations of human understanding.

Aliens exist. What is meant by this? Some thing like ET? Something like humans? No evidence.
"One such estimate says that there are between 100 and 200 billion galaxies in the observable universe." NASA - 18 Mar 2024
Maybe. Maybe not. Looks like another faith based presumption.

Whether there is or isn't, getting from there to here appears to be impossible, according to the Fermi Paradox.

It seems like you enjoy challenging scientific theories and pointing out perceived inconsistencies, particularly in relation to evolutionary astronomy and the Nebular theory. While debate and questioning are integral parts of scientific inquiry, it's essential to approach discussions with respect and an open mind, acknowledging the complexities of scientific research and the limitations of human understanding.
You, who? Not me. My friends in the forum have not accused me of disrespect. I have an open mind. But if there is no evidence, the open mind does not see anything. I understand the complexities of scientific research but do not put any limitation on human understanding. There are people with sharper minds. :D

Maybe. Maybe not. Looks like another faith based presumption.
Whether there is or isn't, getting from there to here appears to be impossible, according to the Fermi Paradox.
I do not think we will go farther than Mars. Universe is indescribably huge and possibly did not take much time to expand.

Many times I have debated with people who claimed that their beliefs are specifically based on facts and science. They only believe in something if there is concrete measurable evidence. And then they make a statement like the one about aliens. There is zero empirical evidence that any life originated outside of our planet. But if one really really really wants to believe in something, they will use their own logic to defend it.

Back