What do you look like?

Well hello there Tao! And such a snappy dresser!

Wow, I can't remember the last time I had on a sport jacket, better not let my wife see this pic or I might hafta go out and buy one :)

Thanks for all the compliments, like most people I dont like to have my pic taken, its always a stranger that you never see in it. Edinburgh is a special place with its combination of stunning architecture built upon unusual and striking natural formations. In fact it is a bit like Rome or Athens, (it is sometimes called the Athens of the North), in that it is built on the cones of 7 long extinct volcanoes. Here are some more pics all, all views are within a mile of the city centre.

Attachments

• arthurs seat.jpg
    arthurs seat.jpg
    2.5 KB · Views: 302
  • calton hill.jpg
    calton hill.jpg
    3.2 KB · Views: 337
  • calton hill2.jpg
    calton hill2.jpg
    3 KB · Views: 296
  • salisbury crags.jpg
    salisbury crags.jpg
    3.5 KB · Views: 311
  • salisbury crags2.jpg
    salisbury crags2.jpg
    1.6 KB · Views: 311
Thanks for all the compliments, like most people I dont like to have my pic taken, its always a stranger that you never see in it. Edinburgh is a special place with its combination of stunning architecture built upon unusual and striking natural formations. In fact it is a bit like Rome or Athens, (it is sometimes called the Athens of the North), in that it is built on the cones of 7 long extinct volcanoes. Here are some more pics all, all views are within a mile of the city centre.

Great pics! I've always wanted to visit Scotland, my grandparents were Scottish so I guess I feel a small connection with the place, though that may change after I finally get to visit.

Bagpipes kick ass. They have an awesome power about them, and it is very unique, so unique that most people fail to realise that.

I agree. My old Episcopalian church had an annual mass with bagpipes and it was awesome. I get very emotional with bagpipe music, not sure why. It's just a very intense feeling.

I agree they are powerful and evocative and I think it has a lot to do with the constant drone. But for me the real power of the pipes really comes to the fore when accompanied by the big bass drum.
See what i mean in the following clip of Amazing Grace.

YouTube - Amazing Grace

I have this on MP3..... It's... Something isn't it? For me Tao, the marching drums rapid encores that burst out so rapidly, raise it for me... I will never be able to understand how people miss the beauty of the bagpipes.

I like it in folke style like this one...
YouTube - Awesome Talent with Bagpipes

So yeah it can go many different styles and ways... Heck check out this musical adventuer heh....

YouTube - BLAZIN & STEPPIN

I have this on MP3..... It's... Something isn't it? For me Tao, the marching drums rapid encores that burst out so rapidly, raise it for me... I will never be able to understand how people miss the beauty of the bagpipes.
Maybe they just do not like to think about men in skirts squeezing their bag and playing with their pipe. :p

I agree. My old Episcopalian church had an annual mass with bagpipes and it was awesome. I get very emotional with bagpipe music, not sure why. It's just a very intense feeling.
Interesting that you get emotional when listening to bagpipes, they were originally an instrument of war meant to intimidate the opponent and excite thier own men. The Scots must have known how to get to someone at an emotional level. As you know I love them too.

you know, every time I hear bagpipes, it makes me all warm and fuzzy inside. (sigh) am I the only one????
Actually heart-rending and emotionally overwhelming for me. That and Turkish wailing vocal music.

I agree they are powerful and evocative and I think it has a lot to do with the constant drone. But for me the real power of the pipes really comes to the fore when accompanied by the big bass drum.
See what i mean in the following clip of Amazing Grace.

YouTube - Amazing Grace
Amazing Grace, however it's played/sung, is enough to give me the chills!

(Even more so as it's only 49.1 °F / 9.5 °C outside right now.)

Back