What do you look like?

Ok well you lot asked for it. Here I am in all my glory.

Photo006.jpg
Oh that is scary, it looks like a mirror!

Nice Appaloosas. How tall is the middle one? (The one that looks like it is still "flaking out?" {Going roan})

He is quite the "big boy" in he not? He stands 16-3 hands high at the withers. He is a black-factored blanket pattern and no, he is not going 'roan.' With mom on the right, sister on the left, and me - somewhere.

Unfortunately he is an accident of birth, i.e. unknown sire and unauthorized breeding, so he was gelded. He has a prima-donna personality and is a pushy, attention hound to boot. He was shown at the Appaloosa Nationals, three-year-old division, and did quite well considering that it was his first national-level showing.

Hello and I beg your pardon seattlegal and Alex P.

It appears I was remiss in thanking you both for the favor of a reply and to that end:
I humbly thank you for the favor of a reply seattlegal and Alex P.

By way of an excuse, It was all seattlegal's fault for having expressed an interest in a subject most dear to my heart. She had excited me beyond mere mortal control and, thus all a fluster, I had overlooked the extending of the proper courtesies.

My apologies to you both.:eek:

Last edited:
He is quite the "big boy" in he not? He stands 16-3 hands high at the withers. He is a black-factored blanket pattern and no, he is not going 'roan.' With mom on the right, sister on the left, and me - somewhere.
It must be the lighting, then. I've only met a few Appaloosas who were that tall.

Unfortunately he is an accident of birth, i.e. unknown sire and unauthorized breeding, so he was gelded. He has a prima-donna personality and is a pushy, attention hound to boot. He was shown at the Appaloosa Nationals, three-year-old division, and did quite well considering that it was his first national-level showing.
Kewl. :cool:
(My family raised Appaloosas when I was a kid. I had a strawberry roan mare with a white blanket (no spots.) She was such a bright red chestnut before she went roan that she looked almost pink from a distance as a roan.

Oh, and I see your legs behind the horses from under their bellies. :D

Hello and I beg your pardon seattlegal and Alex P.

It appears I was remiss in thanking you both for the favor of a reply and to that end:
I humbly thank you for the favor of a reply seattlegal and Alex P.

By way of an excuse, It was all seattlegal's fault for having expressed an interest in a subject most dear to my heart. She had excited me beyond mere mortal control and, thus all a fluster, I had overlooked the extending of the proper courtesies.

My apologies to you both.:eek:
No big deal, DrumR. We are not very formal around here. Ignore us at your will. :D

Thank you for the favor of a reply seattlegal.

It must be the lighting, then. I've only met a few Appaloosas who were that tall.

The lighting is not at fault, seattlegal, it is the inexpensive digital camera that I use in potentially unsafe environments.

Yes, he is a rarity in respect to his height.

Oh, and I see your legs behind the horses from under their bellies. :D

Spotted at last!:D

Back