What music are you listening to?

Xaphan: Book of Angels Vol. 9

MySpace.com - Secret Chiefs 3 - NaKoja Abad - Surf / Grindcore / Psychedelic - www.myspace.com/secretchiefs3

Music: 11 of John Zorn's Masada compositions, his project for exploring jazz and Jewish melodies; (the hyperlink should play “Masada preview").

Arranged: by Trey Spruance, leader of Secret Chiefs 3, a project that defies musical categorization.

Played by: Secret Chiefs 3...which means the tunes are taken on a world tour and then amalgamated into a glorious, seamless whole.

Highly recommended.

s.

Nice recommendation - not come across that one before. :)

No, I haven't because I don't go to concerts (too many people go for the "barley pop", plus I can find the songs I really like to listen to either on my radio or online.)

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

I had a wonderful experience recently. We were at and "Irish" bar and they had and "Irish" band. A small venue, but we had the best time. The band involved everyone in their songs, and told jokes and told little stories as well. If ever you get a chance to attend an event like this, just do it. you wont be dissappointed. (I am presuming that irish bands are similar, lol. and it was "folk" music). The best..........

I had a wonderful experience recently. We were at and "Irish" bar and they had and "Irish" band. A small venue, but we had the best time. The band involved everyone in their songs, and told jokes and told little stories as well. If ever you get a chance to attend an event like this, just do it. you wont be dissappointed. (I am presuming that irish bands are similar, lol. and it was "folk" music). The best..........

Sounds like fun. We went to a German bar a few years ago and it
was great fun. Lots of singing, no band though. That would have
improved my singing alot. dmsingh

The best Irish band ever, no matter how big a gig they play it has feeling of being in some backstreet Dublin bar. One of the very best live acts in the world!!

YouTube - The Pogues - Dirty Old Town

Little Drummer Boy/Peace On Earth by David Bowie and the late Bing Crosby just ended and Silent Night by Stevie Nicks and Robbie Neville just started (the two Christmas tunes I enjoy since they don't seem to be played to death.)

Gotta get the German words to Silent Night to attempt singing it for the German students stuck here in Milwaukee over their holiday. It's something I do since it helps bridge understandings and might make them feel better. :eek:

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

DR Netradio

Got turned on to this great Danish online station a couple days ago. So far, all I've sampled are the jazz and trad channels, but they're great. I've been listening to the trad all day:

DR Spillemand er farverig dansk, nordisk og irsk/skotsk folkemusik som den lyder i dag - spillet og sunget af musikere, der tager afsæt i gamle traditioner.

And no, I don't know a word of Danish! But I can puzzle out that it's Danish, Norse, Irish and Scots music, and it's darned good--

Back