What Movies Have You Seen Recently?

I just watched 'Signs' with Mel Gibson recently, having missed it when it first came out.
I didn't buy it.

If they had space ships... they would have had more than little aerosol thingies with poison in them stashed up their sleeves.

A baseball bat wouldn't do it, I don't think.

The 1978 disco classic Saturday Night Fever. One of my top 100 films of all time. Tony Manero (John Travolta) is a classic example of someone who is needy, but someone we would never think of labeling as being needy.

Moribito

Uragiri wa Boku no Namae wo Sh!tteiru* (aka Betrayal Knows My Name)

The first one is about a female bodyguard who is hired by the queen to protect her son from his father. The bodyguard's assisted by several people who feel indebted to the spearwielder.

The second one is about a couple of young "men" (one is actually a demon) who are dealing with betrayals and an interdimensional war (it is catagorized as BL, but the relationships so far in general are quite realistic.)

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

* - I couldn't actually type out the title because the Japanese title contains a "banned" word

Anyone else here not too bothered about not having seen Avatar?

I saw The Hurt Locker ... a good film, but worth all those Oscars? I don't think so. The story fell back on a rather clichéd format. I tend to think a 2-hour slice of Generation Kill covered the experience much better.

Anyone seen 'Moon'? A lovely little SF film ... and no cgi, all models!

Thomas

Cabin in the Sky - c1943 - Starring: Rochester, Lena Horn

Seven Beauties - c1979 - Starring: Giancarlo Gininni (Dir: Lina Wurtmuller)

Master of 36th Chamber [kung-fu classic] - c1977 Starring: Gordon Lou

Mahabharata - c1990 - (Prod: BR Chopra) - 94 Hours Longs (16 DVDs)

Band of Brothers - c2006 (Prod: Tom Hanks/Steven Speilberg)

Marcelino Pan y Vino - c1958

I saw The Hurt Locker ... a good film, but worth all those Oscars? I don't think so. The story fell back on a rather clichéd format. I tend to think a 2-hour slice of Generation Kill covered the experience much better.

Anyone seen 'Moon'? A lovely little SF film ... and no cgi, all models!

Thomas
moon was great, hurt locker didn't do much for me, Avatar loved it.
Me (I'm not bothered at all.) I have better things to think about.

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine
And I'd think you'll enjoy it muchly...lot of stuff up your alley.

Strange question Thomas...why should I be at all bothered by not having seen a film?

Anyone seen 'Moon'?

Saw it at a lovely little cinema. Excellent film. Bought the DVD and the CD soundtrack. OK, the soundtrack may have been a mistake. :eek:

s.

Saw AVATAR and we all loved it very much.. saw Nightmare on Elm Strasse with my son who was curious and wanted his Dad along.. very dull flick recommend stay at home and save yur money.. save your gasoline..save your uuhhh It's what I call a sleeper.. slept through it... theatre seats not comfortable and bad popcorn too!

Just saw Iron Man 2.
Just as one would think a hollywood version of the Marvel comic.
Interesting at times, but lame in parts.

$9.99

A movie about the meaning of life, etc. Very philosophical, with no-holds-barred humor. This clay animation movie was not for kids and had some kissing scenes, so grownups only.

"Grown Ups" with Adam Sandler & Chris Rock. I didn't expect to like it because I'm not much of a Sandler fan & went only because I had free tickets, but it turned out to be very funny.

"Grown Ups" with Adam Sandler & Chris Rock. I didn't expect to like it because I'm not much of a Sandler fan & went only because I had free tickets, but it turned out to be very funny.

Not a bad film lacked majorly in places... And in other places they let schnider (worst actor ever....) To lead to much but, not bad.... A bit too predictable also.

Inception.

Released July 16...I shall be going...

Inception

Oh my.

s.

It's not bad.

Just saw Iron Man 2.
Just as one would think a hollywood version of the Marvel comic.
Interesting at times, but lame in parts.

It's not bad the first one is far better however.

Not a bad film lacked majorly in places... And in other places they let schnider (worst actor ever....) To lead to much but, not bad.... A bit too predictable also.

It's not bad.

It's not bad the first one is far better however.
I haven't gone to Grown ups...just not expecting much...can't live down the glory that was HANGOVER

Inception I'm looking forward to.

Agree on 1 Iron Man being better than 2....

Sequels are usually such let down.... Gibson and Glover however proved not always...

Karate Kid shows how good a kid can be if Dad is the director....and M Knight proved how much bad acting he can put in a lousy movie while still being fairly accurate to a good anime...

Back