What Movies Have You Seen Recently?

ah....get them to join spiritual cinema....they have discussion questions at the end of the videos....

Unfortunately, most of the members of the group have what the PC community refer to as "issues" (which makes me think of magazine, comic book or newspaper subscriptions.) One of them refuses to talk with me because I had the audacity to tell him that clams and oysters aren't kosher, no matter what (especially kosher for Passover.) :rolleyes: Feckin' idjit.

Before you ask, he's the most lucid of the regular members.

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

The only reference to clams and oysters that comes to mind within a movie is that bit in Sparticus between Lawrence Olivier and Tony Curtis :p

Legion - totally sucked. Had promise but ended being completely incoherent.

Daybreakers - Run in the mill suspense flick with a clever plot

Sherlock Holmes - classic whodunit, actually fell asleep watching it

Blaze: Sherlock Holmes, was good. Far better (and accurate) than all the other crappy versions.... They got Sherlock Holmes down to a Tee.. What was so "AWESOME" about Avatar? Curious.....

Dauer..... Want my Synopsis of Avatar? Your very first sentence... Change 'White male' to 'American'.

Classical American attitude... Go to places you DON'T belong.... And blow the **** out of them with reckless overkill.... Seeing them as a lesser people..... There was oil under those big trees ;) It was just a Scfi version of Iraq, oh just with a lack of "friendly" fire..

Saw Paris w/ Love or whatever...shootem up scenes were ok, writing and acting pure schlock....trying to set itself up for the next Die Hard or Lethal Weapon type series...I'm hoping nobody thinks it worked.

Sherlock Holmes...yeah Holmes was good, the back story...got a fictional character to a tea?? (You do know 'House' is the real Holmes, eh? Sherlock was modeled after an addicted investigative doctor...) But I thought the movie was awful.

Now Avatar on the other hand... Yes it is a blatant story of manifest destiny, of empire building (Classic American attitude? Yes, but... So soon we forget who we learned colonization and exploitation from young padwan? Sun doesn't set on who's behind? The offsrping falls not far from the tree, it is just that we are still foolish enough to continue doing what you gave up on long ago...including that damned measurement system)

But back to Avatar...it has completely changed the movie industry in one fell swoop. We've had 3d and CGI for years...but no movie made the inroads this one did...and it will be like Gone with the Wind bringing on Technicolor, a sea change....buy IMAX stock and the early usurpers of the megascreen 3d type experience...exoect 3d TVs to go off the charts...all due to the success of Avatar.

Soupy old me loved the connection with the all....UNeyeR1 of the movie....tons of great spiritual lines in this flick. It had an appeal for all....or most...which is all you can ask for and its revenues and repeat viewings indicate its appeal, wait till it goes to DVD it will swamp...

Of course I'm guessing you watched it on your laptop screem, no 3d, no 40' tall screen...I don't imagine it was near as effective.

3D isn't me.... lol....

Nope I watched it on a 65" HDTV plasma with a 7.2 surround sound for free :) I don 't need 3D and we've been through that cinema bs.... I don't need that, and don't like that. lol. That has NO effect on a film. If it does your mind can be quite easily manipulated eh?

No... 3D won't go off the charts thanks to a film... It will go off the charts thanks to people being fricken idiots lol.... OH MY A NEW THING I MUST HAVE IT!!! lol.... It happens every year pal :/ I work for the Largest Electrical company in south of UK... I see suckers come and go every year :/

Enjoy it :/ but only until March next year buddy... cause something even more amazing will be out then! :D! Buy a ****ty little 32" off us for 4k!! :D then!! Start saving! allll over again for our next supre fabby dan dosey thing.

Classical American attitude... Go to places you DON'T belong.... And blow the **** out of them with reckless overkill.... Seeing them as a lesser people..... There was oil under those big trees ;) It was just a Scfi version of Iraq, oh just with a lack of "friendly" fire..

lol do they teach you brits your own history? I'd say we learned from the best ;)

tis quite obvious you'll have 3D before me...

Can we wager? :D

lol do they teach you brits your own history? I'd say we learned from the best ;)

Come on FS ;/ The world is a playground, and amongst all the children is one called America and this child is a bully. He see's some child with some sweets (oil)he wants.... He takes it, with overkill. Specially if the child is smaller than him.(Iraq, Iran, Afganistan, Pakistan, Lebanon) Some he'd love to bully, because they are quite small... (NKorea) But.... They know and are friends with a very big child..... This child scares our bully... But, being a bully he won't pick on someone his own size. He see's some kid with the latest awesome toy/fad (WMD) He takes them. He tells the child only he can have them. All his actions are hidden in an agenda. He twists truth and reality to justify his actions. He conspires... He leans on his "friends" to make them join in with him. One day his "friends" will turn around and tell him no.... And then he will realise... He truly, is, alone.

The key word you mentioned there, our history. Does the world still hold the Germans to blame for WWII? Nah. Sure in the past, but looks like we handed the torch to you.

My wanted to go see Dear John with her friend and my son saw it with some of his friends...they panned the movie...slow...dissapointing.

I went and saw 'The Last Station' instead...and enjoyed it thoroughly...except that it made me want to read more Tolstoy...not bad really, but already have plenty of books in the queue.

Watched Plata Quemada (burnt money). Again.

There's just something about that film that keeps drawing me back in, and I believe it has everything to do with the depth of the beautiful, honest, oftentimes strange relationship between the two main characters Nene, and Angel.

Oh, and by the way, this movie isn't for those who are disturbed by homosexual relationships. Or mildly graphic heterosexual sex. Or schizophrenia. Or drug use. Or violence. Or prostitutes. Or lots of swearing in Spanish...

Pack a strong constitution for this one. ;)

Based on a book that is itself based on real events that took place in Buenos Aires, Argentina and Montevideo, Uruguay. Worth the watch if you're not easily offended.

I love this movie... (^_^)

Spartacus: Blood and Sand Season 1

Ninjavideo.net - Spartacus: Blood and Sand 1x13 Kill Them All (HD 720p)
13 episodes (so far) of blood and gore, deceit and treachery, scheming and manipulation which were the bricks and mortar of the Roman Empire.
They quite overdo some of their special effects resulting in an anime style, but certainly a series of some interest.
For mature audiences only.

Some words....

Tim Burton.
Alice Wonderland.
Johnny Depp.
Latest harvest..

I am so going to have a good time lol....
I wanted to see it, haven't heard anyone that was impressed yet.

Letters to G!d I said I enjoyed.

Just saw the exact opposite....Kick Ass and Hot Tub Time Machine. Both brainless humor and fun...kick ass a satire of comic strips and Kill Bill combined...what's a little child abuse during a RC scandal on same?? The dad has raised an 11 year old foul mouthed seriel killer....and no one I spoke to seems to notice....as for the time machine, enough twists and turns to make it fun and not entirely predictable...till the end that is.

Oh, yes. (rubs hands together in glee) I've been watching it on netflix. VERY very good. :D
Apparently that (the 13th episode) is the last of the show for the first season and the spartacus actor has some kind of illness now lymphoma or something.
So who knows what will happen to it at this point.

Back