Can a Christian kill?

Quahom1 said:
mee said:
My sons were taught by me. I look to Jesus for guidance in that. I also talk with The Father because He understands sacrifice...

So, perhaps "Jehovah" (The Father), through Jesus, has helped me teach my sons how to live, and hopefully, let live. ;)

v/r

Q
so did Jesus teach us ,to teach our children how to kill.

mee said:
Quahom1 said:
so did Jesus teach us ,to teach our children how to kill.

Did Jesus teach us to teach our children to use physical force to subdue criminals?

He did teach us to help our neighbour, to protect others, and to be prepared to lay down our lives when necessary.

Jesus taught us about personal relationships and our relationship with God - He did not challenge the legitimacy of civil authority, neither did Paul:

1Everyone must submit himself to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God. 2Consequently, he who rebels against the authority is rebelling against what God has instituted, and those who do so will bring judgment on themselves. 3For rulers hold no terror for those who do right, but for those who do wrong. Do you want to be free from fear of the one in authority? Then do what is right and he will commend you. 4For he is God's servant to do you good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for he does not bear the sword for nothing. He is God's servant, an agent of wrath to bring punishment on the wrongdoer. 5Therefore, it is necessary to submit to the authorities, not only because of possible punishment but also because of conscience. 6This is also why you pay taxes, for the authorities are God's servants, who give their full time to governing. 7Give everyone what you owe him: If you owe taxes, pay taxes; if revenue, then revenue; if respect, then respect; if honor, then honor. (Romans 13, NIV)

kenod said:

Text of Fatwah Urging Jihad Against Americans

Published in Al-Quds al-'Arabi on Febuary 23, 1998

http://www.ict.org.il/articles/fatwah.htm

The troubling thought about this Fatwah, is the fact that the clerics have crossed national and religious boundries, and in effect, declared a "religious" war against a political entity, and a secular group of people... That if, adhered to by the Muslim, there would be 1.23 billion people attacking a Nation of 300 million (1,000,000 of the Muslim would be American citizens/residents themselves). One sixth of the planet's people (18%) have been ordered to annihilate 5% of the world's population.

This decree, occured before 9/11, before the second Gulf war, after the first Gulf war, wherein America stayed out of Iraq (or did not stay long).

This has been in the makings well before America decided to take the fight to the Middle East.

Here is a tidbit of fortune telling for you. For the second time in two decades, the United States has recalled IRR troops (inactive ready reserve), back to service, because the need for soliders is outstripping the recruitment rate. IF, the United States re-enacts the draft...then you can best believe WW III is at hand. And, there will be no more politically correct defensive postures, of policing of states that are unstable. There will be no more UN cooperation or coordinating. There will be no more "deals" made between the US and Middle East Countries to stay neutral in this issue.

Anyone who is middle eastern to the second and third generation in the US will most likely be put in "internment camps" (consider WW II and Japanese Americans). Martial Law will hang heavy over the Constitutional Law that governs this land and people. There will be no more political haranging between the governmental parties. The media will be censured or shut down. And the war machine, will be restarted.

All those shut down steel mills, all that oil in Canada and Alaska, and the Gulf of Mexico? Open for business. The Seirra club and like ilk, will be a bit of litter on the side of the road. Venezuella will tuck tail and do as they are told. The US will ration fuel, food, and stuffs. (the nation will get healthy physically in short order). Silicon valley will explode with new technology.

All the outsourcing of jobs...gone. Importing of goods from other than allies, gone. (neutral countries are not allies).

Fat America will become what has always been underneath...solid muscle. It has been asleep, even in this current situation. When it wakes up (not if), take note.

Nothing gets American blood going, like a fight for life...

Mark my words.

v/r

Q

and 79% of those angry Americans...are Christian.

Last edited:
Quahom1 said:
mee said:
Jehovah did.
Jesus was sent by Jehovah , and we should listen to Jesus, and everything that Jesus taught comes from Jehovah. and Jesus did not teach us to learn war, so Jehovah does not want us to learn war .Jesus brought a new commandment and that was LOVE.

kenod said:
mee said:
Did Jesus teach us to teach our children to use physical force to subdue criminals?

He did teach us to help our neighbour, to protect others, and to be prepared to lay down our lives when necessary.

Jesus taught us about personal relationships and our relationship with God - He did not challenge the legitimacy of civil authority, neither did Paul:

1Everyone must submit himself to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God. 2Consequently, he who rebels against the authority is rebelling against what God has instituted, and those who do so will bring judgment on themselves. 3For rulers hold no terror for those who do right, but for those who do wrong. Do you want to be free from fear of the one in authority? Then do what is right and he will commend you. 4For he is God's servant to do you good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for he does not bear the sword for nothing. He is God's servant, an agent of wrath to bring punishment on the wrongdoer. 5Therefore, it is necessary to submit to the authorities, not only because of possible punishment but also because of conscience. 6This is also why you pay taxes, for the authorities are God's servants, who give their full time to governing. 7Give everyone what you owe him: If you owe taxes, pay taxes; if revenue, then revenue; if respect, then respect; if honor, then honor. (Romans 13, NIV)

it is very true that christians should be in obedience to the laws of the land that they live in, but if those laws tell christians to do something that is against the teaching of christ , then of cause a christian would have to obey God rather than the rules of men. Jehovah has allowed the goverments of men to rule , but his law is the final aurthority .

mee said:
Jesus was sent by Jehovah , and we should listen to Jesus, and everything that Jesus taught comes from Jehovah. and Jesus did not teach us to learn war, so Jehovah does not want us to learn war .Jesus brought a new commandment and that was LOVE.

I did not make that quote. You did.

In the mean time...everyone dies, for peace. Jehovah, taught man how to kill. He didn't teach us for an excercise in futility...

Now, you bring Jesus up...:eek:

v/r

Q

Quahom1 said:
I did not make that quote. You did.

In the mean time...everyone dies, for peace. Jehovah, taught man how to kill. He didn't teach us for an excercise in futility...

Now, you bring Jesus up...:eek:

v/r

Q
the bible makes that quote not me ,the bible teaches christians to love their neighbour and that comes from Jehovah God , and eventually all the earth will be taught by Jehovah. but first Jehovah has to bring to ruin those ruining the earth.as revelation 18;11 tells us , and the bible says stand still and see the salvation of Jehovah. this whole world as we know it, is in the power of the wicked one 1 John 5;19 we as christians have to live in this world, but we as christians would not be a part of the world and its ways. we are taught by Jehovah through Jesus christ.
The prophet Isaiah foretold what would happen in our time: "It must occur in the final part of the days that the mountain of the house of Jehovah will become firmly established above the top of the mountains . . . And many peoples will certainly go and say: ‘Come, you people, and let us go up to the mountain of Jehovah, to the house of the God of Jacob; and he will instruct us about his ways.’" (Isaiah 2:2, 3; Micah 4:2) Who are these persons taught by Jehovah?​
They include others besides those who will rule in heaven with Christ. Jesus said he had "other sheep"—earthly subjects of the Kingdom—in addition to the "little flock" of Kingdom heirs. (John 10:16; Luke 12:32) The "great crowd," who survive "the great tribulation," are of the other sheep class, and they enjoy an approved standing before Jehovah on the basis of their faith in Jesus’ shed blood. (Revelation 7:9, 14) they are instructed by Jehovah. they do not learn war any more. abundant peace belongs to those loving his law, even though the world around us may not be doing that .we are in the world but not a part of it , and the world HATES us because of that

mee said:
kenod said:
it is very true that christians should be in obedience to the laws of the land that they live in, but if those laws tell christians to do something that is against the teaching of christ , then of cause a christian would have to obey God rather than the rules of men. Jehovah has allowed the goverments of men to rule , but his law is the final aurthority .

Can a Christian be a policeman?

mee said:
It is very true that christians should be in obedience to the laws of the land that they live in, but if those laws tell christians to do something that is against the teaching of christ , then of cause a christian would have to obey God rather than the rules of men. Jehovah has allowed the goverments of men to rule , but his law is the final aurthority .

Mee,

There seems to be a glitch in the system - the quote in the previous post is, of course, yours not mine ... I had to make some deletions to get it to come up right this time.

Besides the question of whether a Christian can be a policeman (and all that involves), why not examine Jesus' teaching about killing. What particular Scriptural references do you believe prevent a Christian from killing in the cause of protecting others?

When Jesus reiterates the OT commandments not to kill, it must be remembered that the OT context allowed "legal killing", but forbad murder.

Today, Jehovah’s Witnesses demonstrate their brotherly love by fulfilling the words of Isaiah 2:4: "They will have to beat their swords into plowshares and their spears into pruning shears. Nation will not lift up sword against nation, neither will they learn war anymore." Instructed by Jehovah, true Christians are at peace with God and with one another. (Isaiah 54:13) Because they love God and their brothers, it would be inconceivable for them to take up arms against fellow Christians—or anyone else—in other lands. Their peace and unity is an essential part of their worship, a demonstration that they truly have God’s spirit. (Psalm 133:1; Micah 2:12; Matthew 22:37-39; Colossians 3:14) They "seek to find peace . . . and pursue it," knowing that "the eyes of Jehovah are toward the righteous ones."—Psalm 34:14, 15.​

mee said:
Today, Jehovah’s Witnesses demonstrate their brotherly love by fulfilling the words of Isaiah 2:4: "They will have to beat their swords into plowshares and their spears into pruning shears. Nation will not lift up sword against nation, neither will they learn war anymore." Instructed by Jehovah, true Christians are at peace with God and with one another. (Isaiah 54:13)​

Can a Jehovah's Witness be a policeman?

kenod said:
Can a Jehovah's Witness be a policeman?
well i can only speak for myself , and my bible trained conciense, and i know that i could not carry a gun , this reminds me of a time a few years ago when i worked in a large store , and every so often i was asked to work on the cigarette counter, this really bothered my bible trained consience, and i felt like i was promoting something that Jehovah did not aprove of , so i left that Job , but that is just me .

mee said:
well i can only speak for myself , and my bible trained conciense, and i know that i could not carry a gun , this reminds me of a time a few years ago when i worked in a large store , and every so often i was asked to work on the cigarette counter, this really bothered my bible trained consience, and i felt like i was promoting something that Jehovah did not aprove of , so i left that Job , but that is just me .

I wouldn't work on a cigarette counter either. And I don't think I would like being a policeman. But police have been very helpful to my family ... my daughter was threatened by some thugs on her way home from work one evening recently ... I am glad that there are men out there who are trained to use force if necessary to protect our families, aren't you?

Do you believe Jehovah disapproves of the police and the national guard who enforce law and order in our society?

Eternal Father, Lord of hosts,
Watch o'er the men who guard our coasts.
Protect them from the raging seas
And give them light and life and peace.
Grant them from thy great throne above
The shield and shelter of thy love.

wil said:
bring out the holy hand grenade....and blow all of G-d's creatures to little bitty bits...

My son, tried picking up the pieces of a wounded soldier, who did exactly what you just stated, and he couldn't. Fortunately the soldier who brought out the hand grenade, took out half a dozen of the God's creatures, who were trying to kill civilians and soldiers trying to protect them. (Americans protecting Iraqi civilians from whom ever). You got your damn wish...

Back