wy do people think jesus was god

Hi Faithful servant,

On the contrary, I read the site quite well and thanked you for it but its did not prove what they implied regarding Jesus is God.
After reading.....
In my understanding, the name Jesus came from the Greek word Iesous, ee-ay-sooce'; of Hebrew origin [Hebrew 3091 (Yehowshuwa`)]; Jesus (i.e. Jehoshua)

More ever, I have no conflict with the link that spells Jesus’ name in Hebrew as Yahshua. When I research the name for its Hebrew meaning I find it means ‘God saved’ or ‘YHWH saved’ to be more accurate. When Jesus in Acts Chapter 9, 22, and 26 announced himself it seems to me he announced himself as ‘YHWH saved’ which is not the same as YHWH. When Paul said, “who art thou Lord?” it did not use the Hebrew word for YHWH as in the OT but rather ‘kurious’ which was just a respectful title for Sir or someone who had not yet identified himself as Jesus or YHWH saved until he spoke to Paul. Paul asked the question because all he saw was a bright blinding light and did not perceive who it was. I do not see that indicating Jesus was anymore than ‘God saved’ which we are also.

Love in Christ,
JM

lol ok once again you arent looking at the facts so I will post them...

Kurios

1. he to whom a person or thing belongs, about which he has power of deciding; master, lord
  2. the possessor and disposer of a thing
    1. the owner; one who has control of the person, the master
    2. in the state: the sovereign, prince, chief, the Roman emperor
  3. is a title of honour expressive of respect and reverence, with which servants greet their master
  4. this title is given to: God, the Messiah
Lord 667, lord 54, master 11, sir 6, Sir 6, miscellaneous 4

667 times its used as a title please read definition number 4

it really helps to take the time to learn how to read a lexicon before you misquote it..

You misunderstand me Faithful servant. We are discussing a particular topic and sharing. Preaching to us about condemnation and judgement and God requiring blood but not at your hands is unrealted to the topic and I was merely informing you that you need not preach of those things for my benefit as the topic discussed is being missed.

Love in Christ,
JM

no.. you are sharing ...im rejecting your view. the blood required at my hand is you flatly rejecting Jesus Christ as the God Almighty and me allowing you to go on in a falseness. Quit twisting it... its deceptive and a tactic used by Satan

I am not condemning you, Cage.. the law of God condemns you. If you see my words as condemning then you need to ask yourself why.

I do not feel condemned, faithfulservant; I know God Loves me, but you suggested that I would burn in Hell because of what I believe, and that is ok, too. The Law of God condemns all, but the Love of God shall free when embraced. Jesus showed us the Love of God, and he lead me to where I am. He and the father were one, he contained the fullness of God Spirit, and I embrace this sentiment. Gods Love is the source of 'virtue', and I have faith in that Love. I have faith in the Spirit of Christ, and I Love my creator more than you know.

If you don't mind me asking, what do you view my 'iniquity' to be?

Much Love,

I am. Answer the question, and I'll continue. It's called the six degrees.
This thread is not for conflicting views. That is called the comparative studies forum (two doors down on the left). If I got anymore honest, and open, well...we'll leave it alone. As far as your answering questions, I suppose, conditionally, but you don't like to listen to the answers others give, particularly when they conflict with your own views.

And my dear Joseph I'm neither silent, nor childish, nor do I pretend to know more than everyone else. But I do know alot. ;)

Just ask me. :D

v/r

Joshua
Joshua,

:) Pardon me. I have read all your answers as best I can. Do you accuse me of not listening because my understandings are different? I have no problem with answering questions and have all but one but in my view, it is you that have ignored my request. It has to be two way questions to communicate well.

Let's make it comparative studies and try to be more than just drilling.:)

Love in Christ,
JM

Joshua,

:) Pardon me. I have read all your answers as best I can. Do you accuse me of not listening because my understandings are different? I have no problem with answering questions and have all but one but in my view, it is you that have ignored my request. It has to be two way questions to communicate well.

Love in Christ,
JM

You misunderstand him... this is not comparative studies... this is Christianity.. we arent going to pat you on the back here for your beliefs... thats over in liberal Christianity... which I notice noone posts on anymore.... ask yourself why.

no.. you are sharing ...im rejecting your view. the blood required at my hand is you flatly rejecting Jesus Christ as the God Almighty and me allowing you to go on in a falseness. Quit twisting it... its deceptive and a tactic used by Satan

Pardon me but that's part of the topic. We are discussing comparitive studies concerning whether Jesus is God using the same source. The Bible. Is it not possible for you to have a different understanding without preaching and just sharing related writings and your understanding of them.

Perhaps you believe I and Cage need saving. that's ok. Leave it to God. Lets discuss the topic as adults.

Love in Christ,
JM

I do not feel condemned, faithfulservant; I know God Loves me, but you suggested that I would burn in Hell because of what I believe, and that is ok, too. The Law of God condemns all, but the Love of God shall free when embraced. Jesus showed us the Love of God, and he lead me to where I am. He and the father were one, he contained the fullness of God Spirit, and I embrace this sentiment. Gods Love is the source of 'virtue', and I have faith in that Love. I have faith in the Spirit of Christ, and I Love my creator more than you know.

If you don't mind me asking, what do you view my 'iniquity' to be?

Much Love,

You are decieved and Im not going to pat you on the back either. You are on a treacherous path Cage and you are too unlearned to even recognize it.

The law condemns you ... Christ saves you.. yet you reject who He is... therefore you arent saved.

Jesus is God He came to earth in flesh to offer Himself as a blood sacrifice for you.. God offered Himself as a sacrifice for you.. He took your punishment for you.. the punishment that ALL of us deserve. God did it.. not a mere man.. no mere man would be so selfless.

Pardon me but that's part of the topic. We are discussing comparitive studies concerning whether Jesus is God using the same source. The Bible. Is it not possible for you to have a different understanding without preaching and just sharing related writings and your understanding of them.

Perhaps you believe I and Cage need saving. that's ok. Leave it to God. Lets discuss the topic as adults.

Love in Christ,
JM

you still have it wrong... Its on YOU to prove Jesus isnt God.. on this forum.. not ours to prove to you. get it yet?

You misunderstand him... this is not comparative studies... this is Christianity.. we arent going to pat you on the back here for your beliefs... thats over in liberal Christianity... which I notice noone posts on anymore.... ask yourself why.

You are correct. I stand corrected. This is not comparitive studies. But I am still talking Christianity and keeping it to the subject of this thread and using Biblical references.

Love in Christ,
JM

PS Wasn't trying to prove anything. Just sharing. I will not add any more posts unless asked questions. Best Wishes. JM

Last edited:
You are correct. I stand corrected. This is not comparitive studies. But I am still talking Christianity and keeping it to the subject of this thread and using Biblical references.

Love in Christ,
JM

PS I will not add any more posts unless asked questions. Best Wishes. JM

Your beliefs are not Christianity if you would like I will post the fundamental beliefs of Christianity.. yours are liberal. You are not using biblical references you are twisting the word of God to suit your beliefs.. its a deceptive tactic.. you reject everything we believe on this forum about the deity of Christ and you have no proof to substantiate your claims which is why you are resorting to twisting. All Im hearing is Christ is love and we are all saved and Im saying no.. Christ is GOD and you are lucky He loves you.. because you do NOTHING to deserve that love.. yet He loves you anyways. Any love you show me or I show you is a pitiful attempt at agape Love that He has for us... yet you reject Him in word and deed. I will not let you go on in a lie and Im not here to be your friend and pat you on the back and tell you its ok.... Im here doing the work of the Lord.

Joshua,

Love in Christ,
JM

Not here Joseph. Not on the Christian forum. Liberal Christianity, comparative studies, fine...but not here. Here, people want to talk about Jesus as Lord and God, and savior, not what if He isn't.
You're not going to change minds, here.

Dialogue, not conflict. Golden rule. Others come in asking questions, questioning answers and making statements contrary to Christian belief, but they're on the outside looking in. You are not...

And I am here to watch out for disruptions Joseph...I won't kid you on that. I'm here to see that everybody plays nice. (more or less).

Forgive me If I didn't make that known earlier... mea culpa.

v/r

Joshua

You are decieved and Im not going to pat you on the back either. You are on a treacherous path Cage and you are too unlearned to even recognize it.

The law condemns you ... Christ saves you.. yet you reject who He is... therefore you arent saved.

Jesus is God He came to earth in flesh to offer Himself as a blood sacrifice for you.. God offered Himself as a sacrifice for you.. He took your punishment for you.. the punishment that ALL of us deserve. God did it.. not a mere man.. no mere man would be so selfless.

Faithfulservant, you are fierce in your beleifs, as I am. I do not reject Christ, as it was he who lead me to Salvation. I believe it, I undertand what I believe, and I feel it deep inside.

Jesus did Live as man, and he did die for mans transgressions. His blood represents his life to me, as his life was a light in the darkness. He was born of the Spirit of God, he was Christ in the flesh, and I see this, I believe this, and I honor this. It was through his Life [blood] that I came to understand what it means to Love. I know Love, and what it is like to be without it. I am a grateful man today, and I will do my best to honor what he gave me, and stay true to his word. I am new in Christ, however, and I have much to learn. [As we all do.]

I'll leave the discussion now, dust my self off, and move on. I want no hard feelings, but I am not here to please man. I want only to follow what I feel is the will of God. Jesus showed us his will through his life, and it is this that I shall follow. Also, I never argued against your belief that Jesus is God, and I won't. I can only give my personal views, and leave them where they stand.

Much Love,

Faithfulservant, you are fierce in your beleifs, as I am. I do not reject Christ, as it was he who lead me to Salvation. I believe it, I undertand what I believe, and I feel it deep inside.

Jesus did Live as man, and he did die for mans transgressions. His blood represents his life to me, as his life was a light in the darkness. He was born of the Spirit of God, he was Christ in the flesh, and I see this, I believe this, and I honor this. It was through his Life [blood] that I came to understand what it means to Love. I know Love, and what it is like to be without it. I am a grateful man today, and I will do my best to honor what he gave me, and stay true to his word. I am new in Christ, however, and I have much to learn. [As we all do.]

I'll leave the discussion now, dust my self off, and move on. I want no hard feelings, but I am not here to please man. I want only to follow what I feel is the will of God. Jesus showed us his will through his life, and it is this that I shall follow. Also, I never argued against your belief that Jesus is God, and I won't. I can only give my personal views, and leave them where they stand.

Much Love,

All anyone can do. Cage, blessed are you and your endeavors to find the path. Just consider that the Light is right in front...

v/r

Joshua

because all three are one. not only is jesus god, jesus is also the holy spirit.

Matthew 28:20--And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.

John 14:16-18 -- And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Counselor to be with you forever-- 17 the Spirit of truth. The world cannot accept him, because it neither sees him nor knows him. But you know him, for he lives with you and will be in you. 18 I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you.

Romans 8:9-11--You, however, are controlled not by the sinful nature but by the Spirit, if the Spirit of God lives in you. And if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he does not belong to Christ. 10But if Christ is in you, your body is dead because of sin, yet your spirit is alive because of righteousness. 11And if the Spirit of him who raised Jesus from the dead is living in you, he who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through his Spirit, who lives in you.

Not at all. But then you go and interpret as you see as fit also. Since Abraham was 2,500 years dead, and yet Jesus stated before Abraham was (past tense), I Am (present tense of to be), I see little room for interpretation of what Jesus states. Jesus never states "I was".
i havent read all of the posts so maybe someone has already posted the following ................ sorry i cant help myself :) Jesus was before Abraham because he had a pre-human life in the heavens with his father Jehovah , he was in the heavens with his Father before he came to the earth , he was around for ages before Abraham was born.

Joh
8:58—"before Abraham came into existence, I have been"

Gr., πριν᾿Αβρααμ γενέσθαιεγω ειμί
(prin A·bra·am´ ge·ne´sthai e·go´ ei·mi´)

Because Jesus and God are both I AM.

"And God said to Moses, "I AM WHO I AM"; and He said, "Thus you shall say to the sons of Israel, ‘I AM has sent me to you,'.

"Your father Abraham rejoiced to see My day, and he saw it and was glad." The Jews therefore said to Him, 'You are not yet fifty years old, and have you seen Abraham?' Jesus said to them, 'Truly truly, I say to you, before Abraham was born, I am.' Therefore they picked up stones to throw at Him; but Jesus hid Himself, and went out of the temple."

"Art thou the Christ, the Son of the Blessed? And Jesus said, I am: and ye shall see the Son of man sitting on the right hand of power, and coming in the clouds of heaven. Then the high priest rent his clothes, and saith, What need we any further witnesses? Ye have heard the blasphemy..."
  • "Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was born, I am," (ASV).
  • "Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am," (KJV).
  • “Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was born, I am," (NASB).
  • “I tell you the truth,” Jesus answered, “before Abraham was born, I am!"
  • “Most assuredly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I AM," (NKJV).
  • “Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I am," (RSV).
  • "Truly, truly, before Abraham was, I am," (NLT).
  • "Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I am," (RSV)
  • "Verily, verily I say unto you, before Abraham was, I am!" (KJ21).
  • "Verily, verily, I say to you, Before Abraham's coming -- I am,' (YLT).
  • "Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am," (Darby).
  • "Antes que Abraham fuese, yo soy," (Spanish) - uses "yo soy" which is "I am."
  • "En vérité, en vérité, je vous le dis, avant qu'Abraham fût, je suis," (French) "je suis" which is "I am."

Because Jesus and God are both I AM.​

"And God said to Moses, "I AM WHO I AM"; and He said, "Thus you shall say to the sons of Israel, ‘I AM has sent me to you,'.

"Your father Abraham rejoiced to see My day, and he saw it and was glad." The Jews therefore said to Him, 'You are not yet fifty years old, and have you seen Abraham?' Jesus said to them, 'Truly truly, I say to you, before Abraham was born, I am.' Therefore they picked up stones to throw at Him; but Jesus hid Himself, and went out of the temple."

"Art thou the Christ, the Son of the Blessed? And Jesus said, I am: and ye shall see the Son of man sitting on the right hand of power, and coming in the clouds of heaven. Then the high priest rent his clothes, and saith, What need we any further witnesses? Ye have heard the blasphemy..."

• "En vérité, en vérité, je vous le dis, avant qu'Abraham fût, je suis," (French) "je suis" which is "I am."

Encore mon ami. C'est un mot de vrai, ou vraiment.

Because Jesus and God are both I AM.​

dont forget that some translations Syriac—Edition,
Curetonian Syriac—Edition:
Syriac Peshitta—Edition:
Georgian—Edition: have translated in a more accurate way which leads to better understanding of Gods word...........before Abraham was i have been...before ever Abraham came to be ,i was......before Abraham existed ,i was......before Abraham came to be i was. ... before Abraham was born i was . so there are other good translations out there if we choose to find them. and this will lead to better understanding of Gods word.

People can translate however they wish in a particular translation, however here is the Greek word used and its meaning from the Greek dictionary.

eimi, i-mee'; first person singular presumed indicative; a prolonged form of a primary and defective verb; I exist (used only when emphatic) :- am, have been, × it is I, was.

So you see, if your faith hangs on that particular verse, perhaps it hangs on a thread. Surely for such an important belief, there must be better versus to substantiate it. I for one would be interested in hearing them.

Love in Christ,
JM

Back