Fictionalize Yourself

The airshow's back in town, and several of the "clan" want to go sometime this weekend (Nai's going to wear a pair of ear protectors that he bought [they're the "Mickey Mouse" style, which completely covers the ear].) The practice runs started yesterday and our apartment is frequently buzzed (because it's in the flight path) and Nai's suffering due to the jets (poor kid has extremely sensitive, almost non-human animal, hearing.)

We found out that the pilot from last year (or was it the year before) who caused Wren and Nova to scramble was grounded (he played around with his health, which is a big no-no for anybody flying a plane.) Several members of "the clan" encountered members of the Blue Angels aerobatic team (a lieutenant chatted a while with Wren while they were waiting for transportation, and the lieutenant informed Wren that the Blue Angels heard about the incredible rescue.)

I promised everybody that we're going to the farmers market tomorrow (that got them extremely excited.) They already have their lists ready and money set aside. The dogs "know" they're getting smoked buffalo bones from the buffalo vendor.

Oops, gotta go. Wren looks like he's ready to drop a couple of neighbors into Lake Michigan in such a way that would cause massive internal injuries.

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

It was decided that we're going to the Sunday show since we had so much attention at the farmers market that the merchants had gone home way before we were allowed to leave (poor "entertainers" who were actually supposed to be the "main event". :rolleyes:)

Several of the guys with a sweet tooth had fun with a few of the vendors, including one that sold handmade chocolates, picking up business cards left and right. One of them asked me why I didn't get some chocolate for myself since it was lower in sugar. I told him that, because of the cocoa butter, it's off my diet. He looked at me and I told him that I'd explain when we got home.

Kei got unwelcome attention from one of the patrons (a hand on his rear end, which he doesn't like at all.) Hirato dealt with the situation quite nicely, though ("The gentleman asked you to leave him alone, so remove your hand before you end up regretting it.") She was arrested by Milwaukee police for her antics with Kei and her antics Thursday night at the jazz concert. Oh, she didn't steal any wallets; she just grabbed unwilling men's a$$ets. Strangely enough, she tried to tell the cops that Kei groped her (too bad for her that most of the vendors know my "clan" and informed the officers that he was in front of her, she was in the wrong position for him to grab her backside.) Anyway, I have a sneaking suspicion she's banned from that park.

It was a good thing that we didn't go to the air show because of the weather, but we got hearing protection for the proposed flights Sunday (Al's foregoing Mass to join us, although I understand that there's going to be an impromptu Mass held at the show.) Nai's so cute walking around with his protection on all the time. Seems like one of the seamstresses made covers for the ear parts, embroidering :kitty:s holding both Japanese and American flags.

Ah, gotta go. A chocolate fight. :rolleyes:

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

Just got back from the air show a few minutes ago. Wren and Mieu were extremely helpful, warning the rest of us to cover our ears, even with the hearing protection. You see, Wren "tapped into" the jets, giving us adequate time to cover our ears when needed, and he kept in contact with Mieu at all times, too (real helpful when one jet came through. :eek: :rolleyes:) Several car alarms went off due to the jets.

A couple of pilots took Wren out for a spin after their performances were over, but they couldn't understand how or why a jet airplane landed itself against its pilot's instructions (didn't have the heart to tell them that the plane can actually fly himself and has, several times.) Not long after, a front came in that caused everybody to be grounded. Wren = :D At least he didn't dump them into the lake.

Ah, well. Almost everybody had fun at the air show (the problem with drunks. . .) Over 200 of my guys were rather happy to give the police a hand with a few of them (avoid messing with Belinda, her little brother and Emba's kids if you want to survive long enough to be arrested.)

Oops, gotta go. A couple of detectives are at the door and they want to talk with me.)

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

More fun at the farmers market, this time courtesy of the mecha pilots.

An idjit decided that she was going to get to her stylist appointment if she drove through the "Road Closed" section. A couple of rounds from the shotgun-bearing wanzer put the kibbash on that plan rather quickly. I guess the fact that several little kids were in danger of being run over by the car made the decision to fire a couple of rounds into her engine block rather moot. The vehicle came to a stop at the foot of the missile-bearing wanzer, axe raised to give the car a "split personality" (found out that, if the driver had evaded the shotgun, there was a missile ready for launch targeting the hood/bonnet, too.)

The sandwich bento were scarfed, a few with two cookies in them instead of one, sodas and iced tea nice and cold on such a hot day. We bought out the buffalo vendor and the honey vendor as well as buying out the fresh strawberries at one vendor. My guys tried to buy out the kettle corn guy, but I believe he outsmarted them (brought several cases of unpopped kernels that they hid from my guys.)

The "entertainment" didn't show, so we were drafted. Good thing we have so many trained singers that still remember the tunes they learned for the latest fundraiser (or we would've been up sh!t creek without a plumber's helper.) Alas, we paid for our performance with sunburns. :rolleyes:

Ah, gotta go. I have to treat my arms again. :kitty:s' orders.

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

The "clan" wishes all of the American IO delegation who are also fathers a happy Fathers Day.

Emba's second oldest presented him with his first knapped spearhead (brought tears to Emba's eyes) and Yuuen got a quilted and beaded gathering sack, big enough to hold several pounds of portabella mushrooms without breaking or crushing any of them.

FeiLong's present from Tao was his first report card from his summer class (a B, but it is real college, not College for Kids.) Yoh smiled at the youth's tenacity, suffering the slings and arrows of a professor who would rather be in the Caribbean than teaching math during the summer along with the "Why hasn't he lined up with his group for College for Kids?" (I informed the person that Tao is enrolled in college, not "watered down" college.) What's funny about the situation is that several of the kids from the CfK program slipped into Tao's class, then left, crying, in the middle of a discussion on Euler's formula for figuring -1 (much higher math than the other kids were used to.)

Kurusu's little girl gave him a new pair of leather driving gloves, which he was extremely grateful for (he doesn't want to accidentally drain the "wrong person" [it ain't pretty, TRUST ME].)

Belinda and her little brother gave Yuki a short performance with Sakon's and several :kitty:s' help. Belinda's part was a bit slow, but she has to work around her impediments. Yuki didn't mind the least bit (he told me that the performance was the second best present he could ever get, his children being the best presents ever.)

We finished the Fathers Day celebration with a huge barbecue, no "crashers" this time. Hughes looked a bit downcast, but a couple of the kids from RED's combination school and "orphanage" asked if he'd like to be their father. Their innocent question got a chuckle along with a "We'll see" from the older man. We also flew several kites, including a couple of authentic dragon kites (which impressed a few people who were flying their kites on the beach, too.)

Oops, gotta go. Idjit neighbors. GUYS, YOU KNOW THE ROUTINE.

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

We had some unwanted excitement last night. The wanzers were deployed on a rescue/recovery mission (you might've heard about the incident where a cement wall collapsed, crushing one teenager to death and severely injuring his friend and one of their parents.) We knew it couldn't be good when a shinigami preceded the mechs to the scene.

What an opening day of Summerfest, especially for those families. :(

Gotta go. The wanzer pilots are getting plastered. Again.

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

Just got something important in the mail. A bracelet that one of the neighbors wanted to buy from me (seems he forgot to get something for his girlfriend for their anniversary, and he thought that a bracelet would tide her over.) He didn't like the fact I refused to part with it, turned all "sour grapes" ("She wouldn't like it anyway. It's so [fooking] ugly." Hey, function over form, man.)

One of "the clan" informed the jerk that his girlfriend wouldn't be that happy with the bracelet because it's a Medic Alert bracelet. One of the items engraved on it would curtail her "pain killers" and another would curtail her ability to sleep when-/wherever she wanted. The first part is because of a fondness for opiates, the second is because of frequent "finger sticks". Why can't he go his usual route and steal flowers from the apartment complex's front yard? :rolleyes:

Several of the guys were introduced to chocolate angel food cake and pumpkin angel food cake. Al made some green tea granita as well as peach Melba gelato (I reciprocated with Parmesan crisps, which Asami pigged out on along with Al.)

The wanzer pilots have recovered from their "plastering", all alcohol has been oxidized and is now out of their systems. Ryogo, the one who uncovered the deceased, is acting more and more "questionable", so I think he'll be okay (or as okay as he is normally. :rolleyes:)

Ah, gotta go. Idjit neighbor's :mad:ing off Kazumi, Kirishima, the Kuba brothers and Yoh. Suoh, put him down in his wheelchair, then back away! Tiger Lily's getting nervous and she really wants to spend tonight with you! Kubas, sheathe your knives in their proper sheathes, not his anatomy! Kirishima, Yoh, engage the safeties on your weapons and holster them, now! His caseworker's been notified!

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

One of the older kids encountered something that was rather disturbing. He was surfing the 'net for an interactive RPG and found a "romantic" game - set in WWII-era Auschwitz-Birkenau. After I explained why I found it disturbing (especially after explaining the significance of the camps), the adults mutually flagged the site on every computer here and removed the address from that computer's history.

Wren visited the kids he transported at Children's. They complained that they were bored, so Wren promised them that he'd find things for them to play with that would be okay in the Isolation ward. He told me that he also promised to take them up after they're released (although he didn't tell them that, when he takes them up, he literally will take them up!)

Oh, and our latest venture to a farmers market ended with just the honey vendor being bought out and several sandwich bento being scarfed by the guys. Oh, and I picked up another chocolate mint plant that I need to transplant soon. The guys sang for their suppers, too (much to this week's "entertainer"'s dismay.) You see, he'd only heard rumors about the talents in my "clan". Now, he has firsthand experience in being upstaged by members of the audience. *le sigh*

Ah, gotta go. :kitty:s are looking at me in the ":kitty: complaint #42, subsection C ("You aren't paying me enough attention and I require my chosen pillow!") and we're ready to use your harp as a scratching post" way.

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

FeiLong and Al are recovering from the "meeting of the minds" I gave them last night. I know, I know. "What happened?" you ask?

We watched the fireworks last night and FeiLong was carrying on about the fact fireworks are a Chinese invention. I happened to mention that the family that does our fireworks display is Italian, which got Al started. I just grabbed some hair and did a rousing rendition of the 1812 Overture. Next time I think I'll set Clare loose on them.

The :kitty:s stayed in the cattery, especially after the display (they hate drunks more than I do, which I thought was impossible.) Nai slipped in after a rather nasty encounter with a drunk woman (she accosted the poor kid, and several members of Circus had to intervene, especially after she took off her shirt.) He's still asleep, his bedroll covered in furred purrson plural, effectively pinning him.

Oops, gotta go. I have to help get breakfast for the "clan", and a few are ready to fight over cereal. I guess I need to perform the 1812 Overture again. *rolls up sleeves and cracks knuckles*

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

A new member of the cattery arrived Thursday, and she's a handful. Tovarish is six weeks old, recently weaned and starting to get real adventurous here. Nekoyashiki is delighted with her antics except when it interferes with his rice and soy (scones and cream.)

It's worse in the kitchen where she's started exploring (found her in a 2 qt. saucepan, mewling away.) She just jumped in and couldn't figure out how to get out, so she gave her lungs some exercise if you ken my meaning.

Oops, gotta rescue her. Again. :rolleyes:

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

Nekoyashiki's laughing at me. Doesn't anybody want their very own onmyoujin?

Oh, you're asking why is he laughing at me? Tovarish is running me ragged with all of the bloody rescues I've performed. Next one is going to have me screaming my bloody head off. Oh, excuse me for a moment. . .

What is it, Sakuya? Tovarish is stuck in the drawer again and needs rescue again? :rolleyes: *scream*

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

Last edited:
Some of the guys went "hunting" yesterday in one of the local parks (the "quarry" was d@mned lucky that Kurusu didn't bag him [or the usual guys/Clare/Shigure/Mamoru].)

A thirteen year old girl was assaulted and her assailant was beating her with what appeared to be a log. When a witness gathered a few people for the "hunt" for the perp, my guys volunteered, Kurusu removing his gloves, the gun-wielders checking their favorite weapons, Shigure slipping into the trees, Clare and Mamoru pulling their mutual swords. The perp was apprehended by police with the help of the witness (he definitely has chutzpah because he tried to pass himself off as one of the good Samaritans, carrying the victim.)

How did I know the perp wasn't caught by Kurusu? He's still alive and relatively well. His luck held out.

Ah, the brave hunters are hungry as are the brave :kitty:s, so I gotta feed them. Hold on a minute!

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

Ah, we've finally dried out from the "dampness" Thursday. Some of you might've heard about the "fun" we had here, like the SUV that fell into a sinkhole (which also swallowed a traffic signal,) several parts of the freeway/highway system were closed, the transit system shut down, the airport shut down, two different neighborhoods were evacuated. . . The "clan" is helping out as much as they can within their expertise (the Humane Society's vets are really happy that the vets are assisting them with the rescued non-human animals and the university students were elated when Wren showed up to fix the generators in the evacuated dorms.)

Friday we attended a barbecue (one that was almost canceled due to the rain [the street to the original venue was closed due to flooding, but we were able to participate due to a change-of-venue, but no change-of-menu].) The guys helped out a bit, too, entertaining some kids that were at the place we had the picnic (had to give Sakon and Ukon "The Look" to quiet Ukon's rowdiness.)

When we returned to the apartment complex, the :kitty:s practically plastered themselves to us. I guess too much of a change in their routine can do that, and we definitely had a change in the routine!

Oops, gotta go. I'm being paged by an eight week old kitty named Tovarish. :rolleyes:

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

The wanzer pilots finally finished with the post-flood maintenance of their vehicles with the help of our cyborgs and Kuroda (don't know what Kuroda'll do if/when he returns to his time/place since he's been working with and on mechanical stuff far more advanced than what they have "back there".)

Things are getting back to normal with the cattery, the kittens driving everybody up a wall (especially since there's a flea infestation and several of the kittens are too young to get the flea repellent.) I've been bitten by aforementioned fleas (great. . . :rolleyes:) and might have to do like the soldiers in Iraq (flea collars around my ankles or something like that.)

Speaking of the infestation, I feel sorry for most of the guys because they're suffering more than I am. The yakuza guys and FeiLong are ready to start shooting the next flea they see. Asami said he doesn't care if the flea is on a cute :kitty:, he's going to open fire on the intruder. The others nodded agreement. I think I'll get them another apartment somewhere else after getting them de-fleaed. Either that or a decent hotel room.

Oops, gotta go. Someone just shot a hole in one of my walls.

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

We've signed up for our fall classes (several more guys signed up for belly dancing, including Asami [PtBs help us all!].) Tao's got three classes on campus (math, statistics and metaphysics [or was it ethics?].) We've also "rented" the same room as last spring for our lunchroom, same rules apply.

Ranmaru's having a time of it with a couple of the "Bible thumpers" on campus. It's a good thing that Al's patient, fluent in Japanese and rather familiar with the Christian version of the Bible. Last night, Ranmaru came home with a stack of Chick Tracts (America's going to have fun with them [again]) and he dumped them on a table, frustration resonating from him. First of all, they're all in English and poor Ran's still not exactly proficient in the language. Second, they're very "Bible thumper" and Ran's not that familiar with Western religions. Maybe I'll have America help Al explain the concepts the tracts try to represent and present the context (if her husband is with her, that'll be that much more fun.) Several others from my "clan" might sit in, as well.

Suoh's been busy with his fish boils, entertaining everybody with his "flourish" (when he tosses the kerosene into the fire.) He's thankful that I'm willing to make both cherry pies and sour cherry sorbet, taking that bit of his cooking duties off his hands. People still jump when he tosses what they think is water into the fire, finding out that it's not. He's also learned to keep another set of clothes tucked away because his :kitty: doesn't like the smell of petroleum products, giving him a clawing he won't forget the first time she encountered him right after a boil. [:eek: X(]

Ah, I'm being paged by Tovarish. Gotta go.

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

Last edited:
*the interdiensional primal scream*

You guessed it. More "guests". A prince, an herbalist/healer, a spearwielder/bodyguard, a shaman, a couple of astrologers, a professional errand boy/"runner", a handful of "hunters" and a few others from their universe. Shigure was the first to introduce herself courtesy of her (in)famous shuriken barely missing several members of that group. A quick "Shigure, stand down! Everybody, you know the routine!" intensified the "Organized Chaos" among the newbies.

"Are you the ruler here?" (This was from the prince.)

"No, just the caretaker. We're practically ruled by the cats around here. The person who can get all of the cats to do his or her bidding all of the time can rule the clan."

At that time, several of the :kitty:s emerged from their hiding places.

Jin and Yun (two of the hunters) studied Shigure's shuriken that embedded in the wall, carefully pulling two of them out when they saw how sharp these particular weapons are, relinquishing the blades to their owner reluctantly. Yun proceeded to draw what he could for the rest of them to study.

*smacks forehead* Just realized something. How am I going to integrate these newbies into outside society? :eek: *heads straight for the stash of potent potables*

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

*emerges from the loo*

Sorry, but a few of the guys had something that I can't imagine eating without either starving or having a howitzer pointed at my head. It was a bacon cheeseburger with a couple of twists. First, instead of a hamburger bun, it was served in a glazed doughnut. Second, the bacon was dunked in chocolate. The :kitty:s avoided all "droppings" from those guys.

Makes me grateful I'm mostly vegetarian. Imitation chicken strips, fresh strawberries and baby spinach drizzled with a lemon poppy seed dressing is sufficient.

Oh, PtBs! They brought more home! *heads back into the loo, trying not to puke before embracing the porcelain god*

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

Ah, countdown until the start of school. The "lunchroom" has been requisitioned for the entire school year (when there are so bloody many people that nobody else can sit in the public dining area. . . .)

Classes actually start the week of August 30, but everything has to be set up so that there are fewer last minute hitches (like last minute "hitchers", aka :kitty:s, or last minute additions to my already-bursting-at-the-seams "clan" [which I sure as helloandhowdoyoudo don't need right now.)

Tao has introduced himself to his fall professors, shocking them. When he was listed as a kind of "special student", they assumed he was an older student returning or had some special needs. They didn't expect a young adolescent.

Everybody's got their favorite bento boxes set aside to take with them along with their personal chopsticks and the like. Some of the boxes are quite adorable (makes me wish I had a few myself) and they're quite a bit less expensive than buying lunch on campus. Clare just got a cute stylized bunny bento box just yesterday (picked it up at some local Asian store, and was showing as many of the girls as she could.)

Oops, I'll regale you guys later with the further (mis)adventures of my "clan" (Tovarish is calling me.)

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

Last edited:
Yun is quite popular with the Chinese delegation as well as my friend America's friend/officemate, Lynn because of his photographic memory. The Chinese delegation found out what was on the menu at Lynn's restaurant without even having to set foot anywhere near the building or type in any web searches, and police caught an armed robber who robbed Lynn's shop because Yun drew a perfect likeness of the perp and his weapon. Kid's going away for a long time (it wasn't his first robbery, but it was the last one this time.)

The Chinese delegation phoned in their order and, when Lynn arrived with the order, surprised her with an exact copy of the menu, except it was hand drawn, not spewed from a printer. The "hunters", forever searching for more information, have made it one of their top ten priorities to have everything edible on the menu at least five times before letting the prince partake of anything. :rolleyes:

Tao's bought his textbooks for this semester and has looked at some of the stuff already. The astrologers were shocked at how diligent the young man is (they didn't realize that he was looking at the places where his language barriers would cause problems in class.) I think there's going to be a few people signing up for classes out of curiosity (the astrologers might try an astronomy lecture, especially the younger one, as well as Yun.)

I gave the new guys a "quickie" tour, introducing them to several of my favorite instructors and to the head of the Martial Arts section of the Sports and Recreation department. The "hunters" as well as the bodyguard are going to be tested in unarmed combat to see where they would fit in if they were to sign up for classes.

Oops, gotta go. Orihime has caused some discomfort for the prince. She cooked.

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

Back