Wrath of God pt 2 (What's your god like?)

All things are under Christs authority, (By God) and yes he is the ONLY way to salvation. That's is not being debated to my understanding. All things are palced under his feet, and if he's destroying evil then in my mind, he's not destroying actual people, but the evil that is in them, through him i.e his Spirit who is in the world NOW.

Faith is not being debated, either. My faith is strong, Luna's is strong and our faith both rests is Christ. All can be saved through Christ, and apparently all will as it is written that Christ is not willing for any to perish, and if all things are subject to his rule, then who can resits, "every knee shall bow".

It certainly doesn't happen in this life, but we know nothing of the life to come, so perhaps Luna is right when she suggests that all will be saved. I myself do not know, nor does anyone else with any certainty.

Sorry for jumping in like that. My stay is short tho, as my son is here; I just wanted to give my 2c's, lol! :)

James

That's the thing James, we do know. The Bible has already spoken on it.

This I do also....this is a salvation issue to me.
We are saved by grace through faith. Take the faith out of it and whats left.

If you take faith out, all you have left is heresy.

That's the thing James, we do know. The Bible has already spoken on it.

What amazes me is your staunch belief in a "book" that was originally put together by "proto-Catholics" over 1600 years ago. Isn't that an ironic thought there, Silas?;)

v/r

Joshua

What amazes me is your staunch belief in a "book" that was originally put together by "proto-Catholics" over 1600 years ago. Isn't that an ironic thought there, Silas?;)

v/r

Joshua
Actually would the "proto-Catholics" as you called them even recognize the Catholic church now?

Matthew 12:31 "Therefore I say to you, every sin and blasphemy will be forgiven men, but the blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven men. 32 Anyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man, it will be forgiven him; but whoever speaks against the Holy Spirit, it will not be forgiven him, either in this age or in the age to come.

It is for this scripture that I am very cautious and do not like to judge what works are or not of God.

From my understanding, the unforgiveable sin is the persistant calling of truth, goodness, righteousness or works of God as evil. Having said this however, it is the denial of these things even when you know yourself (as the holy spirit tells you) that such things are NOT evil. Denying the truth even as it presents itself to you as truth.

I think it would be difficult to deny the holy spirit. No doubt some people do however.

Last edited:

v/r

Joshua

In the same way that God used a donkey to speak to a man, He uses people to do His bidding. The reason we have the Bible we have and not all the other books that people think should be included, is because God is Sovereign! It doesnt matter who put the Bible together, it was God who orchestrated the whole thing. Nothing can thwart His purposes!

Luna,

PLEASE dont feel bad about explaining what you believe. I find it good that we can discuss these things. Does not the Bible say to "let us reason?" We are not mad that you are explaining your beliefs, we only ask that you explain from scripture why you believe what you believe. So far, you havent proved from scripture that all will go to Heaven.

Later,

Silas

Who is WE, Silas? And who says she hasn't used scripture for her basis?

I got news for you. "Christianity" is an human construct. Belief in Jesus is not. Not everyone adheres to a "title", is devoid of Christ within their hearts and lives.

You can stick to your little titles for all the good it does. As for me and mine, we will follow the Lord...that is all that matters, on a day to day and lifelong trek.

Luna doesn't feel bad about anything pertaining to her faith (indeed neither do Juan or I). And I doubt you'll be seeing us anywhere but inside the pearly gates when the time comes for a permanent transfer of duty station...;)

v/r

Joshua

p.s. there is something I know, that you only seem to "believe"... and it is not based on righteousness or any other human understanding. There is a heaven that is so easy to get into...it's the key that people can't find until near the end of their lives, that throws many into a tizzy. Then as old folk they realize it was right there in front of them all along, only they had to start giving it, before they could recognize it as something for them to receive...

It isn't preaching, it isn't judging, it isn't fighting, or defending, and it isn't anyother thing we can accomplish on our own...

But once received, everything else is gravy, and a downhill run...after that, life is "fun", and exciting! Still a challenge, but what a TRIP!

What is it?

v/r

Joshua

Who is WE, Silas?

Probably just me? I believe the Christians here however, know that universalism isnt Biblical.

And who says she hasn't used scripture for her basis?

The Bible.

I got news for you. "Christianity" is an human construct. Belief in Jesus is not. Not everyone adheres to a "title", is devoid of Christ within their hearts and lives.

Christianity is the name given to those who trust in Jesus. Some of the names give to believers were "the way," "the Nazarites," etc., but the name "Christian" stuck. I fight for it because I know what it stands for. It does not stand for everyone who just calls themselves a Christian.

You can stick to your little titles for all the good it does. As for me and mine, we will follow the Lord...that is all that matters, on a day to day and lifelong trek.

Its EASY to say stuff like that! I find a lot of you guys throw around scripture as if they are cleshes' or something. I dont think you have the right to do that. I think we have a lack of reverance for God's words and we shouldnt talk about what we dont know. After all, we will give an account for idol word we speak, one day. That's a scary thought to me. We need Jesus so much more than we realize!

Luna doesn't feel bad about anything pertaining to her faith (indeed neither do Juan or I). And I doubt you'll be seeing us anywhere but inside the pearly gates when the time comes for a permanent transfer of duty station...;)

I pray to God that you are saved!! But, I know that this will only occure if you truely believe in the Jesus of scripture, and not the one you've made up in your minds.

In the same way that God used a donkey to speak to a man, He uses people to do His bidding. The reason we have the Bible we have and not all the other books that people think should be included, is because God is Sovereign! It doesnt matter who put the Bible together, it was God who orchestrated the whole thing. Nothing can thwart His purposes!

Hey Thomas! We come from jackasses! Well, if the donkey was good enough for Jesus, I'm fine with that...

Who is WE, Silas?

Probably just me? I believe the Christians here however, know that universalism isnt Biblical.

And who says she hasn't used scripture for her basis?

The Bible.

Christianity is the name given to those who trust in Jesus. Some of the names give to believers were "the way," "the Nazarites," etc., but the name "Christian" stuck. I fight for it because I know what it stands for. It does not stand for everyone who just calls themselves a Christian.

Its EASY to say stuff like that! I find a lot of you guys throw around scripture as if they are cleshes' or something. I dont think you have the right to do that. I think we have a lack of reverance for God's words and we shouldnt talk about what we dont know. After all, we will give an account for idol word we speak, one day. That's a scary thought to me. We need Jesus so much more than we realize!

I pray to God that you are saved!! But, I know that this will only occure if you truely believe in the Jesus of scripture, and not the one you've made up in your minds.

No, just you. The Bible is what Luna bases most of her "Christian" perspective...sorry you can't keep up with her...and dude, we are definitely saved souls. We "know". Jesus said so...;)

v/r

Joshua

p.s. I throw NOTHING around, when it comes to scripture. And your prayers for our salvation are in vain...just like your preaching here. However, I am capable of develish diatribe...

I agree with Dor. As for what you said though, I disagree.
How can you both agree and disagree with the same statement when I agreed with Dor? Oh, it just depends who said it...hmmm...isn't that discrimination? Green is green when Dor says it is, but green is blue if I say it, right?

You know what I have noticed and people will disagree with me I know but all the people that love everything and are so sure of their salvation are the ones getting the maddest.

Silas asks yall a question you do not like and you attack. Then he comes back with the same question or other biblical stuff.

You know I answer to 1 person that is God. If I offend you then thats ok I do not try to but if I see something that is wrong I have to say something.
After all worse you can do is ban me does not effect my eternal life.....me keeping my mouth shut to make people happy just might.

I wish everyone would go read 1 Corinthians ch 4. I see alot of corinthians on here but very few Pauls.

I dont want you to leave or get banned, Dor. I think you'd be better here than myself. I get really anoyed really fast Jesus is made so little of and when He is not represented as He really is in Scripture. You have a lot of patients and show much kindness.

Dont leave, please!

Kindest Regards, Dor!
You know what I have noticed and people will disagree with me I know but all the people that love everything and are so sure of their salvation are the ones getting the maddest.
The really neat thing is, I'm not mad at all tonight.

Silas asks yall a question you do not like and you attack. Then he comes back with the same question or other biblical stuff.
I've seen Silas dodge quite a few questions put to him...and then when I point out the inconsistencies...

You know I answer to 1 person that is God. If I offend you then thats ok I do not try to but if I see something that is wrong I have to say something.
After all worse you can do is ban me does not effect my eternal life.....me keeping my mouth shut to make people happy just might.
Amen. I don't answer to Silas, I don't answer to you, I don't answer to any other human. I answer to G-d, and G-d alone is my judge. That is an awesome thought all by itself. I don't need to answer to Silas for his personal blessing, and it is his personal interpretation he preaches here.

I hope for Silas' sincerity and zeal that he makes it to heaven. I think he is going to be surprised when he gets there how many people he thought would make it aren't there, and how many he thought wouldn't make it are there to greet him.

I dont want you to leave or get banned, Dor. I think you'd be better here than myself. I get really anoyed really fast Jesus is made so little of and when He is not represented as He really is in Scripture. You have a lot of patients and show much kindness.

Dont leave, please!

I don't know if you have noticed, but since you got the hint from Brian you have been allowed to participate...notice the difference in the content of your posts? I said from the beginning you are allowed your views, but that proselytizing and name-calling were not allowed. You are free here to speak your view, but you must allow others the same respect. You have been doing that for the most part, so I have backed off considerably and allowed you to continue. That doesn't mean I agree with you...frankly I don't, I think you understand that. The difference is that I (of my own volition, nothing to do with moderating) have room in my heart and my belief for you through the power of forgiveness, mercy and love. If all you have is faith and repentence, where is the room in your belief for me or any others...ultimately including yourself? ;) Perfection is a tall order, none of us is able to fill. Not one.

I don't know if you have noticed, but since you got the hint from Brian you have been allowed to participate...notice the difference in the content of your posts? I said from the beginning you are allowed your views, but that proselytizing and name-calling were not allowed. You are free here to speak your view, but you must allow others the same respect. You have been doing that for the most part, so I have backed off considerably and allowed you to continue. That doesn't mean I agree with you...frankly I don't, I think you understand that. The difference is that I (of my own volition, nothing to do with moderating) have room in my heart and my belief for you through the power of forgiveness, mercy and love. If all you have is faith and repentence, where is the room in your belief for me or any others...ultimately including yourself? ;) Perfection is a tall order, none of us is able to fill. Not one.

You're very nice to keep me on here so long. Thank you!!

I was wondering why Silas has been allowed to stay here for so long hehe... Thanks Brian *waves*

We're ministers of Christ.. we may not all be pastor/teachers but we are servants of the Lord.. and I hope that we all make ourselves available at any hour to serve Jesus. As far as I have seen I havent seen Silas do anything other than what Jesus commanded... we are to be witnesses of Him

"But you shall receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be witnesses to Me in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth."

and better yet.. :)

2 Cor 3:1 "By the mouth of two or three witnesses every word shall be established."

I was wondering why Silas has been allowed to stay here for so long hehe... Thanks Brian *waves*

We're ministers of Christ.. we may not all be pastor/teachers but we are servants of the Lord.. and I hope that we all make ourselves available at any hour to serve Jesus. As far as I have seen I havent seen Silas do anything other than what Jesus commanded... we are to be witnesses of Him

"But you shall receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be witnesses to Me in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth."

and better yet.. :)

2 Cor 3:1 "By the mouth of two or three witnesses every word shall be established."

Indeed. But then, this is not a pulpit. Granted one has stated enlightenment from passages presented by...so, I must concede that one soul is lighter. It's the rest of us that really have difficulties stomaching mothers' milk...meat being our staple for years and even decades.

Not many wish to go back to the beginning...

note: perhaps we should have a "Christianity 101".

Back