Salvation not restricted to Christains

*hugs* none of that should piss anyone off.....I always piss people off cause I tell them they have to keep Christ in it.:)

**hugs** Thanks Dor!

It is interesting...I've actually had to defend that same point myself recently! But, apparently I'm still going to hell in a handbasket.

**hugs** Thanks Dor!

It is interesting...I've actually had to defend that same point myself recently! But, apparently I'm still going to hell in a handbasket.
Can I carry it (the hand basket)? I know this dude, he's a gate keeper, kinda boastful, but uh, we get along...:D

Can I carry it (the hand basket)? I know this dude, he's a gate keeper, kinda boastful, but uh, we get along...:D

I think we are here to help each other with our burdens Q, so thank you for the offer. :)

Hmmm...you are referring to Christ? Sorry if I'm being dense...thrown off by the 'kinda boastful.' I am the way and the truth and the light...:)

I think we are here to help each other with our burdens Q, so thank you for the offer. :)

Hmmm...you are referring to Christ? Sorry if I'm being dense...thrown off by the 'kinda boastful.' I am the way and the truth and the light...:)

Actually it is Peter I was referring to...

Well, this woman is taking a long time to make her post. Her main point is that today's televangelists are not nearly as 'offensive' as Jesus was in his day. My point being sure, the choice between the way of the world or the way of God is 'offensive' because it demands sacrifice from us, and asks us to trust God. That's actually at the root of a lot of our problems, being unable to trust God, so we need to do all these things to try to make ourselves secure, we trust ourselves instead, and we don't want to hand over that control. Anyway, I don't think that means we should use judgement and fear as the way of evangelizing.

Well, this woman is taking a long time to make her post. Her main point is that today's televangelists are not nearly as 'offensive' as Jesus was in his day. My point being sure, the choice between the way of the world or the way of God is 'offensive' because it demands sacrifice from us, and asks us to trust God. That's actually at the root of a lot of our problems, being unable to trust God, so we need to do all these things to try to make ourselves secure, we trust ourselves instead, and we don't want to hand over that control. Anyway, I don't think that means we should use judgement and fear as the way of evangelizing.
Fear didn't win me over...paternal love did. What I needed was there when I needed it.

Oh please let me join in anyone that takes up for televangelists *any of them* need to cut their TV off and pick up their Bible.
There are some great Biblical teachers online and on radio....TV is just to expensive for them not to stumble.

Oh please let me join in anyone that takes up for televangelists *any of them* need to cut their TV off and pick up their Bible.
There are some great Biblical teachers online and on radio....TV is just to expensive for them not to stumble.

So...Robert Scheuler is not one of your favorite folk, I take it?

Well, I don't think that she's actually defenidng televangelists, but she's saying they are offensive, but Jesus was more offensive, the implication being that Christians should be offensive.

Do you notice anything missing from first one...Namely Christ and the Bible...I stand by remotely.
From the front page of the Unity website....uh oh, G-d, quotes from the bible, Jesus...heretics!
Seek God First
Unity emphasizes the importance of aligning our thoughts with the mind of God—of seeking God’s will, not forcing our own. When we pray for the desires of our hearts, we affirm the highest good for ourselves and all others involved. And since only God sees everything from the highest perspective, we seek God first in everything.

Jesus, our Way Shower, taught, “Strive first for the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well” (Mt. 6:33). In other words, align yourself completely with God Mind and everything you need in this world will flow your way. That’s the Law of Attraction in action.

Gifts From the Source
Spiritual principles are universally available. They are gifts from the one Source of all life. As with gravity or the very air we breathe, there is really nothing secret about these universal laws. Jesus taught them to everyone who was ready and willing to learn, regardless of their social, political, or religious status. All the inspired masters throughout human history have done the same. Spiritual principles are the laws of the universe, available to anyone “with ears to hear” and “eyes to see.”
And from wiki aaarrrgghh say it isn't so, they mention Jesus and the bible again!
Characteristics and principles of Unity

Unity espouses ‘practical Christianity’ in which its followers study ways to apply the teachings of Jesus to their daily lives. Through these teachings, Unity followers believe that God is a universal presence and divinity exists in all people. The teachings are based on five basic principles:
  1. God is the source and creator of all. There is no other enduring power (omnipotence; omniscience). God is good (omnibenevolence) and present everywhere (omnipresence). (Also see Panentheism).
  2. We are spiritual beings, created in God’s image. The spirit of God lives within each person; therefore, all people are inherently good.
  3. We create our life experiences through our way of thinking.
  4. There is power in affirmative prayer, which we believe increases our connection to God.
  5. Knowledge of these spiritual principles is not enough. We must live them.
The Christian Bible is the central text of Unity, which interprets the Bible metaphysically. Unity students believe that the teachings of the Bible are allegorical lessons from which spirituality is attained. ... Unity is unique as a Christian church because of its approach to prayer. Meditation plays a significant role in Unity thought. Followers of Unity rely on both prayer and meditation as vehicles for communicating with God and becoming spiritually centered....

Fillmore saw a fundamental flaw in the worship of the man Jesus as God. He divided Jesus into four aspects:
  • "Jesus", the man who lived 2,000 years ago and was a great healer and teacher
  • "Christ", the divine idea of God manifested individually in all people
  • "Jesus the Christ" or "Jesus Christ", the fully-embraced oneness with God that Jesus demonstrated
  • "Christ Jesus", the current state of the physical man that was Jesus after the Ascension.

Well, I don't think that she's actually defenidng televangelists, but she's saying they are offensive, but Jesus was more offensive, the implication being that Christians should be offensive.

OF COURSE Jesus was offensive...to anyone who is against the scheme of things. I mean can't have two bosses...

OF COURSE Jesus was offensive...to anyone who is against the scheme of things. I mean can't have two bosses...

I agree with that part...but not that our mission is to judge and preach damnation. Our mission is the reconciliation of the world in and through Christ. Healing.

Back