Salvation not restricted to Christains

Could be that one is independent and the other has a flock mentality. Or it could be that goats have about 50 points less than sheep on the IQ level (seriously). They can breed, but most times the offspring are sterile (an exception to the rule is called a Chimera).

Goats and Sheep, same genus, different species. (like horse and donkey)
Anyone care to listen to another idea of the sheep and goats? And if they are we? He winds around a while to get there, but is building all the time...

Anyone care to listen to another idea of the sheep and goats? And if they are we? He winds around a while to get there, but is building all the time...

I listened...to all 40 minutes. ok, except for the first five minutes of him trying to get his act together...

Hi wil, sorry that I'm not going to listen to 40 minutes of anyone's sermon on this, but I will put my two cents in anyway. :D

1. Interesting that the sheep and goats don't know who they are.
2. Interesting that the righteous sheep are those who follow the command to love their neighbor, rather than being picked for what they say or believe.
3. Most interesting that we are to see Christ in the face of everyone in need, the oppressed and marginalized. If that does not make everyone my brother or sister I don't know what does.

Hi wil, sorry that I'm not going to listen to 40 minutes of anyone's sermon on this, but I will put my two cents in anyway. :D

1. Interesting that the sheep and goats don't know who they are.
2. Interesting that the righteous sheep are those who follow the command to love their neighbor, rather than being picked for what they say or believe.
3. Most interesting that we are to see Christ in the face of everyone in need, the oppressed and marginalized. If that does not make everyone my brother or sister I don't know what does.

Where have you been? :eek:

I was outside the sanctuary cleaning up the grounds with the kids (earth day you know) so I listened on tape on the way home, my drive was less than 25 minutes...could Q's computer be slow...I'll check again.
Find me even a remotely christian orginization that says the same thing. :)
Wow, kicked right out of the liberal camp now...we aren't even remotely christian!

I was outside the sanctuary cleaning up the grounds with the kids (earth day you know) so I listened on tape on the way home, my drive was less than 25 minutes...could Q's computer be slow...I'll check again. Wow, kicked right out of the liberal camp now...we aren't even remotely christian!

No, we're all trying to be nice...:eek:

Wow, kicked right out of the liberal camp now...we aren't even remotely christian!
Sorry.....
Basic Unity Teachings
God The Good
God is absolute good, everywhere present.
Divinity of Man
Human beings have a spark of divinity within them, the Christ Spirit within. Their very essence is of God, and therefore they are also inherently good.
The Power of Thought
Human beings create their experiences by the activity of their thinking. Everything in the manifest realm has its beginning in thought.
Practice of the Presence
Prayer is creative thinking that heightens the connection with God-Mind and therefore brings forth wisdom, healing, prosperity, and everything good.
Law of Demonstration
Knowing and understanding the laws of life, also called Truth, are not enough. A person must also live the truth that he or she knows.

Compare them to a typical church of my denomination if you want to call it that....

What We Believe and Practice

We believe the Scriptures are the inspired, infallible, inerrant, authoritative Word of God.
We believe there is one God, eternally existent in three Persons - Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
We believe in the deity of Jesus Christ: His virgin birth, His vicarious and atoning death, His bodily resurrection, His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and His personal return in power and glory. Maranatha! Come quickly Lord!
We believe in the absolute necessity of regeneration by the Holy Spirit for salvation because of the exceeding sinfulness of human nature; that men are justified only by God's grace received by faith through the shed blood of Christ.
We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ.
We believe in the Holy Spirit’s ministry, with us to bring us to Christ,
in us to seal our salvation and bring forth fruit, and upon us to receive power and gifts unchanged from the book of Acts.​

Do you notice anything missing from first one...Namely Christ and the Bible...I stand by remotely.​

Sorry.....
Basic Unity Teachings
God The Good
God is absolute good, everywhere present.
Divinity of Man
Human beings have a spark of divinity within them, the Christ Spirit within. Their very essence is of God, and therefore they are also inherently good.
The Power of Thought
Human beings create their experiences by the activity of their thinking. Everything in the manifest realm has its beginning in thought.
Practice of the Presence
Prayer is creative thinking that heightens the connection with God-Mind and therefore brings forth wisdom, healing, prosperity, and everything good.
Law of Demonstration
Knowing and understanding the laws of life, also called Truth, are not enough. A person must also live the truth that he or she knows.

Compare them to a typical church of my denomination if you want to call it that....

What We Believe and Practice

We believe the Scriptures are the inspired, infallible, inerrant, authoritative Word of God.
We believe there is one God, eternally existent in three Persons - Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
We believe in the deity of Jesus Christ: His virgin birth, His vicarious and atoning death, His bodily resurrection, His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and His personal return in power and glory. Maranatha! Come quickly Lord!
We believe in the absolute necessity of regeneration by the Holy Spirit for salvation because of the exceeding sinfulness of human nature; that men are justified only by God's grace received by faith through the shed blood of Christ.
We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ.
We believe in the Holy Spirit’s ministry, with us to bring us to Christ,
in us to seal our salvation and bring forth fruit, and upon us to receive power and gifts unchanged from the book of Acts.​

Do you notice anything missing from first one...Namely Christ and the Bible...I stand by remotely.​

It's his opinion Dor.

Eh, want me to have at her? I'm pretty good about pissing people off. I do know how to tell someone to go to hell in such a manner that they actually anticipate the trip...:D :D :D

Lol! I'll keep you in mind! :p

Like many of your blood, you may piss people off sometimes, but with that big heart it does not take long for you to come back and make amends.

Lol! I'll keep you in mind! :p

Like many of your blood, you may piss people off sometimes, but with that big heart it does not take long for you to come back and make amends.

hmmph, I'm about to piss someone else off. :(

Back