What Are You Watching on Youtube?

Funny, I do not know if I have ever watched YouTube. But then my normal TV viewing is limited (except for movies and concerts and news on comedy central) to prtobably less than 10 hours a week.

Am I that old, or just that un-hip?

Funny, I do not know if I have ever watched YouTube. But then my normal TV viewing is limited (except for movies and concerts and news on comedy central) to prtobably less than 10 hours a week.

Am I that old, or just that un-hip?

I don't have a TV myself, I find movies, and the handful tv series I follow, on the net. I can't handle not being able to choose what to watch the moment I want to see it. I do play more computer games then you, I would guess.

The Smithsonian Institute's Museum of Art has a new exhibit going on, and they have posted several videos on YouTube. The exhibit, you ask? The Art of Video Games (or something like that.)

I wish I could go see it, but several things keep me from doing so (like money.)

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

I would have liked to see the exhibit, but why post here, is there a YouTube clip about it?

I would have liked to see the exhibit, but why post here, is there a YouTube clip about it?

Yes, there are several videos from the Smithsonian posted on YouTube, so you can see some of the stuff they're showing.

Anyway, if anybody's in the Washington, DC area until September (I believe.) The videos have the dates listed.

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

Watching Andres Segovia at his Guitar.

This renowned master does not so much play the guitar as he gently caresses and softly massages the muse that lives within the guitar and thereby evoking the rich polyphonic tonality that intertwines upon itself to form the music that thus ensues.

From here it is not a far stretch to say that Segovia does not pluck the strings of the guitar, rather his fingers but prance across the strings cutting capers in time with the rhythms so that they appear to be dancing in concert with the music that the muse provides.

Andrés Segovia - The Song of the Guitar - Part 1 - YouTube

Still sounds like the real thing - Corrosion of Conformity ...

[youtube]1zRQLENpGjU[/youtube]

Three older comedy skits - USS Codfish and The Driving Instructor by Bob Newhart and Oh, Baby by Bill Cosby.

Yesterday I saw a couple of videos by a dance troupe that uses laser and other light (gotta ask my friend Tyler for the exact titles and perhaps the links,) I mean, they were right up 17th's alley (as well as a few other members.)

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

My friend Tyler treated me to a couple LaserMan videos as well as several Minute Science/Physics shorts because he felt that he needed to (Tyler and America had someone over who demanded to watch I Spit on Your Grave, and I refused to stay in their flat while that waste of celluloid was playing [Tyler called me on my cell phone to let me know it was safe to return, and that was after both he and America threw the a$$tard out. Literally].)

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

INDIAN DUBSTEP (GERARDAM) HD - YouTube
Mechanical Principles (1930) by Ralph Steiner [4min selection] - YouTube
Neodymium magnet in copper pipe - YouTube

I was over at my friends' place, and they decided to "entertain" me with these videos (along with a video of an autistic spectrum male being subjected to electroshock torture, but I'm not posting that one since it involves true torture* at a "legitimate" school for autism spectrum students [I wanted to use electroshock on the teachers in a particular place that they won't soon forget].)

* The youth underwent 31 jolts of electroshock "therapy" for not taking off his jacket. His mother was suing the school for said torture.

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

Back