Hell is a Hoax

Azure.
Does Jesus speak the truth?
[FONT=Arial, Geneva, Helvetica]John 14:6[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Geneva, Helvetica] Jesus said to him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Geneva, Helvetica]Well he said there was everlasting fire.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Geneva, Helvetica]Matt 18:8[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Geneva, Helvetica]If your hand or foot causes you to sin, cut it off and cast it from you. It is better for you to enter into life lame or maimed, rather than having two hands or two feet, to be cast into the everlasting fire.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Geneva, Helvetica]Matt 25:41[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Geneva, Helvetica] Then He will also say to those on the left hand, 'Depart from Me, you cursed, into the everlasting fire prepared for the devil and his angels:[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Geneva, Helvetica]and Eternal condemnation.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Geneva, Helvetica]Mark 3:29[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Geneva, Helvetica]but he who blasphemes against the Holy Spirit never has forgiveness, but is subject to eternal condemnation"[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Geneva, Helvetica]And weeping and gnashing of teeth; outer darkness[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Geneva, Helvetica]Matt 8:12[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Geneva, Helvetica] But the sons of the kingdom will be cast out into outer darkness. There will be weeping and gnashing of teeth."[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Geneva, Helvetica]Matt 22:13 [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Geneva, Helvetica]Then the king said to the servants, 'Bind him hand and foot, take him away, and cast him into outer darkness; there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.'[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Geneva, Helvetica]Matt 25:30[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Geneva, Helvetica] And cast the unprofitable servant into the outer darkness. There will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Geneva, Helvetica]A place of torment.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Geneva, Helvetica]Luke 16:28[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Geneva, Helvetica] for I have five brothers, that he may testify to them, lest they also come to this place of torment.'[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Geneva, Helvetica]And everlasting punishment.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Geneva, Helvetica]Matt 25:46[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Geneva, Helvetica] And these will go away into everlasting punishment, but the righteous into eternal life."[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Geneva, Helvetica]If there are joys and beauty of heaven then there must be horror and torment of hell since they are from the same book.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Geneva, Helvetica]Ok if you want to not believe in Hell then why believe in Christ? Without hell what was the purpose of the gospel, Calvary, a saviour *what was he saving us from*?[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Geneva, Helvetica]There are consequences to everything in the world always has been and always will be.[/FONT]

Do you know how you get impurities out of metal? Through fire!! So it is with Christ - Matthew 3:11 "I baptize you with water for repentance, but he who is coming after me is mightier than I, whose sandals I am not worthy to carry. He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire.

Hell is our reality on earth [We suffer] BUT, Christ came to save us; He washes our impurities through His Spirit, and through the furnace that is life.

[Cycles of sin, and suffering]

Love,

James

The eternal fire your talking about is not Hell. The enternal fire is the lake of eternal fire mentioned in revelation. I also told you about the word 'everlasting' was not the original word.

Do you know how you get impurities out of metal? Through fire!! So it is with Christ - Matthew 3:11 "I baptize you with water for repentance, but he who is coming after me is mightier than I, whose sandals I am not worthy to carry. He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire.

Hell is our reality on earth [We suffer] BUT, Christ came to save us; He washes our impurities through His Spirit, and through the furnace that is life.

[Cycles of sin, and suffering]

Love,

James
Universalism is a nice easy feel good choice unfortunately it is *cover your ears Wil* heretical.

The eternal fire your talking about is not Hell. The enternal fire is the lake of eternal fire mentioned in revelation. I also told you about the word 'everlasting' was not the original word.
Really cause you say so?

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]Strong's Number: 166[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica] Browse Lexicon[/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica]Original Word[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica]Word Origin[/FONT] aijwvnioß[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]from (165)[/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica]Transliterated Word[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica]TDNT Entry[/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica]Aionios[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica]1:208,31[/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica]Phonetic Spelling[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica]Parts of Speech[/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica]ahee-o'-nee-os [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica]Adjective [/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica] Definition[/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica][/FONT]
  1. [FONT=Arial, Helvetica]
    [*] without beginning and end, that which always has been and always will be
    [*] without beginning
    [*] without end, never to cease, everlasting
    [/FONT]

Ok I am not 100% sure what you are saying here.
So in easy simple terms everyone does not end up in heaven and people are not purified by fire.

We are born in the furnace, [fire-hell] Dor. Whether, or not we [learn] from what we experience here, or whether we surrender to Christ, and live through His Spirit, is another matter.

I wonder how man truly live through Christ?

Just a thought

Love,

James

To help you understand where I am coming from....

Luke 12:49 I am come to send fire on the earth; and what will I, if it be already
kindled?

We are [sin] creatures, and we must die to sin. I am sin, you are sin, mother, father, son, daughter is [sin].

We bocome sowers of the "Word" when we have the "Word" in us - Christ's Spirit. Christ did not come to send peace, but the sword of Spirit, to lead us out of the fire that is already kindled - Hell.

Now read the rest of the chapter....

[We must die to self; mother must die to self, father, daughter, son must die to self, and be made new in Him, through His Spirit -Love]

Love,

James

Love, or Christ's Spirit brings us in harmony with God, and all things created. Love God [All in All] and Love your neighbor as yourself. On these two rests the law and the profits.

Only by living through His Spirit, can we ever hope to die to self, and be made new in Him. And, only through Love can we break free from the cycle of sin, and suffering. [Hell]

Love,

James

Mat 10:29Are not two sparrows sold for a penny? And not one of them will fall to the ground [apart] from your Father.

Mat 10:30 But even the hairs of your head are all numbered.

Mat 10:31 [Fear not], therefore; you are of more value than many sparrows.

I recall when Christ explains the maidens with lamps and oil, and the ones without, the bride waiting for the bridegroom to come to her like a thief in the night, and the specific explanation He will give to those who claim to know Him and yet He rejects, saying He knows them not.

These are all examples of what will happen to those who do not take heed and put their faith in God...in short they will be turned away (cast out). I don't know about you, but loneliness can be a living hell, especially when the guilt and regret are piled on top of the isolation...

I recall when Christ explains the maidens with lamps and oil, and the ones without, the bride waiting for the bridegroom to come to her like a thief in the night, and the specific explanation He will give to those who claim to know Him and yet He rejects, saying He knows them not.

These are all examples of what will happen to those who do not take heed and put their faith in God...in short they will be turned away (cast out). I don't know about you, but loneliness can be a living hell, especially when the guilt and regret are piled on top of the isolation...

Matthew 25:1-30 This is what you are refering to, Q? [including parable of the talents, as they go hand in hand. [imo]

Love,

James

Matthew 25:1-30 This is what you are refering to, Q? [including parable of the talents, as they go hand in hand. [imo]

Love,

James
I think the talents pertain to what we do while we are here. Each man is alloted a strength in faith, and with that allotment, can win others to Christ. But to the one who only has one talent, and does nothing for the master, he literally loses his place (reward). "Hey buddy, who did you bring along to heaven with you?" "No one"

"Oh, that is so sad..." Thinking only of self, is not a heavenly trait...

I think the talents pertain to what we do while we are here. Each man is alloted a strength in faith, and with that allotment, can win others to Christ. But to the one who only has one talent, and does nothing for the master, he literally loses his place (reward). "Hey buddy, who did you bring along to heaven with you?" "No one"

"Oh, that is so sad..." Thinking only of self, is not a heavenly trait...

2Co 3:2 You yourselves are our letter of recommendation, written on our hearts, to be known and read by all. 2Co 3:3 And you show that you are a letter from Christ delivered by us, written not with ink but with the Spirit of the living God, not on tablets of stone but on tablets of human hearts. 2Co 3:4 Such is the confidence that we have through Christ toward God. 2Co 3:5 [Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us,] but our sufficiency is from God, 2Co 3:6 who has made us competent to be ministers of a new covenant, not of the letter but of the Spirit. For the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.

Something along these lines, Q? I have to agree that we are to be good stewards of the Spirit we recieved. Then sow, and allow God to do His magic. How does the ten virgins apply to the thread, tho.

Do you believe in a literal hell, or no?

Love,

James

In South America and in Africa missionaries brought far more death and disease than they did 'enlightenment'. Who did you bring to believe in big green goblins and tooth fairies? We teach such lies to our children yet remain credulous of those we are expected to swallow as adults. Hocus pocus toil and trouble, believe thou saviour on the double double!! Giving can be a selfish act.

Tao

2Co 3:2 You yourselves are our letter of recommendation, written on our hearts, to be known and read by all. 2Co 3:3 And you show that you are a letter from Christ delivered by us, written not with ink but with the Spirit of the living God, not on tablets of stone but on tablets of human hearts. 2Co 3:4 Such is the confidence that we have through Christ toward God. 2Co 3:5 [Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us,] but our sufficiency is from God, 2Co 3:6 who has made us competent to be ministers of a new covenant, not of the letter but of the Spirit. For the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.

Something along these lines, Q? I have to agree that we are to be good stewards of the Spirit we recieved. Then sow, and allow God to do His magic. How does the ten virgins apply to the thread, tho.

Do you believe in a literal hell, or no?

Love,

James
Whether there is fire and brimstone or an absence of God...what is the difference? It is hell. To burn in agony, or suffer the agony of being alone, never to touch the face of God...I think I would rather burn forever, rather than not be able to be close to God...

What's with all the scripture quotes? I don't recall this being bible study. I just tune right on out. When this gets back to being about Hell I'll pop back into class. For now I am gonna play hookie

In South America and in Africa missionaries brought far more death and disease than they did 'enlightenment'. Who did you bring to believe in big green goblins and tooth fairies? We teach such lies to our children yet remain credulous of those we are expected to swallow as adults. Hocus pocus toil and trouble, believe thou saviour on the double double!! Giving can be a selfish act.

Tao
Giving is a selfish act Tao. There is no way around it. But if in my selfishness, for my own sake, I help a couple others make it to the promised land as well...that's gravy, man...and if that makes God pleased...more power to me, and more gratefulness felt by others...

What's with all the scripture quotes? I don't recall this being bible study. I just tune right on out. When this gets back to being about Hell I'll pop back into class. For now I am gonna play hookie
Need to know the bible in order to back up what is being said. Otherwise it is just speculation and conjecture...

Giving is a selfish act Tao. There is no way around it. But if in my selfishness, for my own sake, I help a couple others make it to the promised land as well...that's gravy, man...and if that makes God pleased...more power to me, and more gratefulness felt by others...
You charge man, with crimes comitted centuries ago...I am not guilty of my forefather's behavior (that too is biblical).

Back