what the bible teaches

at a time when the so-called learned men were speculating about the earth’s being flat,

Jehovah caused his word to be written: "There is One who is dwelling above the circle of the earth." (Isa. 40:22)

The prophet Isaiah had not traveled around the earth. He had not been up in a space vehicle looking down to see that the earth was round, but Jehovah, who dwells in the heavens and who created the earth, gave the truth as to its shape.

The Circle of the Earth

I still think Isaiah 40 is focused on something other than the shape of land or science theories, but the Hebrew word 'Chuwg' ( only occurs 3 times in the Bible ) refers literally to the curvature of the horizon in Proverbs 8:27. The horizon is observable from Israel's coast -- and that curve is less than 7 miles away if you view from 25 feet above sea level. A king standing 5 feet tall at water's edge sees less than 3 miles out before the ship he's watching drops off. The king may not realize it, but as soon as sailors get far enough out to sea, he disappears off the edge of their world. When a fisherman suggests that the earth is flat and ships are falling off he has a healthy sense of humor and is merely testing your intelligence.

Proverbs 8:27 "When he established the heavens, I was there, when he drew a circle on the face of the deep."

Here's a very cool distance to horizon calculator!

at a time when the so-called learned men were speculating about the earth’s being flat,

Jehovah caused his word to be written: "There is One who is dwelling above the circle of the earth." (Isa. 40:22)
So if your speculation suggests the same then why did the churches hold galilleo in contempt for so long?

The prophet Isaiah had not traveled around the earth. He had not been up in a space vehicle looking down to see that the earth was round, but Jehovah, who dwells in the heavens and who created the earth, gave the truth as to its shape.
SO now you stand up with a bold faced set of lies. A commandment breaker in the first.

Show us where isaiah was 'in space' in a 'space vehicle' ...........

wow! Now do you see why the judgment will be so awful to such decievers?

Show us where isaiah was 'in space' in a 'space vehicle' ...........
he wasnt thats the whole point , the most high (Jehovah)reveals the truth of things in the bible, and the bible informs us that the earth was a circle well before man had space ships .
All scripture is inspired of God , and he (God)knew that the earth was a circle .
and that is what was written down :) the bible is always right

to see the continued self preservation and continue to debate with such pride, had an affect; reminded little old me that some are just that way and to spend the time on one is a 'loss to the common.'

the clock is ticking against the mee me's of this globe; only the few who really seek true knowledge will ever climb out of the corrupt circles of theological abuse.

the clock is ticking against the mee me's of this globe; only the few who really seek true knowledge will ever climb out of the corrupt circles of theological abuse.
Here they are :) and they are a GREAT CROWD

revelation 7;9-10

and they have got out of ( Babylon the great ) which is corrupt
revelation 18;4

and they have taken in knowledge of the true God Jehovah, and his son Jesus christ John 17;3

and the clock is ticking and the great day of Jehovah is near .

and it will not be late ZEPHENIAH 1;14

YES THE GREAT CROWD WILL GO ON TO GET THROUGH THE GREAT TRIBULATION.revelation 7;14

:)jump on board its the only way :)God loved the world so much
John 3;16-17

And as for you, O Daniel, make secret the words and seal up the book, until the time of [the] end. Many will rove about, and the [true] knowledge will become abundant."DANIEL 12;4

true knowledge is NOW abundant , we are living in the last days of this old system of things ,
and the true knowledge is very good news :)

And as for you, O Daniel, make secret the words and seal up the book, until the time of [the] end. Many will rove about, and the [true] knowledge will become abundant."DANIEL 12;4

true knowledge is NOW abundant , we are living in the last days of this old system of things ,
and the true knowledge is very good news :)

I agree.

yes its good to keep an open mind to what the bible really teaches :) it is for our benefit and it is very goodnews.

And in the days of those kings the God of heaven will set up a kingdom that will never be brought to ruin. And the kingdom itself will not be passed on to any other people. It will crush and put an end to all these kingdoms, and it itself will stand to times indefinite; DANIEL 2;44

the heavenly kingdom goverment was set up and established in 1914 inline with bible prophecy and chronology ,and now the one who has been given great aurthority JESUS CHRIST has recieved his kingship in that heavenly kingdom goverment, and now things are moving ahead in this time of the end Daniel 7-13-14

yes true knowledge is now abundant especially since 1914:)

its good to find out about what the bible REALLY teaches.

And in the days of those kings the God of heaven will set up a kingdom that will never be brought to ruin. And the kingdom itself will not be passed on to any other people. It will crush and put an end to all these kingdoms, and it itself will stand to times indefinite; DANIEL 2;44

I personally believe that kingdom is the Baha'i Faith.

I personally believe that kingdom is the Baha'i Faith.
lol.....u sure it aint disney? Baha'i = 1 size fits all meaningless bollocks. Thats better than JW tho which is fits nowhere bollocks.

tao

yes its good to keep an open mind to what the bible really teaches :) it is for our benefit and it is very goodnews.

the heavenly kingdom goverment was set up and established in 1914 inline with bible prophecy and chronology ,and now the one who has been given great aurthority JESUS CHRIST has recieved his kingship in that heavenly kingdom goverment, and now things are moving ahead in this time of the end Daniel 7-13-14

yes true knowledge is now abundant especially since 1914:)

its good to find out about what the bible REALLY teaches.

Here is some "good news" :you are an utterly self deluded fool.....now go and make some use of that if you can.............. I doubt it.........but one lives in hope.....

Here is some "good news" :you are an utterly self deluded fool.....now go and make some use of that if you can.............. I doubt it.........but one lives in hope.....

Oozing with negativity lol..... You know all the answers Tao? In this tiny, tiny, tiny, tiny atom like area in comparison to the universe.... And we feel as if we know more than we truly do.

lol.....u sure it aint disney? Baha'i = 1 size fits all meaningless bollocks. Thats better than JW tho which is fits nowhere bollocks.

tao

I wouldn't class it as bollocks..... I think Baha'i is pretty close to where its at.. We are all of the same, we are all one... And the only way is one.... 'This hostility won't stand' ;) We'll only make it together, and seeing as our fates all seem to be together why not, brightside, be a better place. If we take Jesus for example as he is in Baha'i and JW.... Attempting to follow suit of a person such as Jesus.... Meaning to try and be a better person, which we all can be... That is something that can add value and meaning to life... That is far from bollocks... Baffling I find, why others have this hostility (which it is.) to another trying to improve themself. :\ I dunno it feels like some kind of jealousy or envy.... I don't know, I cant describe it as I don't understand it.

The JW faith doesn't fit? What does that mean? Because from my two years as a JW I found it fitted into the followers lives, they were genuinely happy, after much thought on them since then I conclude they live in almost their own community, they do so much together with friends/family... And along the way they try to better themselves and offer others to join them, let them be... They are not all up in arms because they think your a self deluded fool going on about some bollocks (;))

Jesus Christ was ridiculed—laughed at, sneered at, made fun of, treated insolently, and even spit upon. (Mark 5:40; Luke 16:14; 18:32) Early Christians were also objects of mockery. (Acts 2:13; 17:32) Modern-day servants of Jehovah face similar abuse.

so dont worry we are used to it.

it is after all what we are used to.:) we expect it.

if we were not riddiculed some thing would be wrong, because Jesus said if they have done it to me (jesus) they would also do it to his followers .
it comes with the job .

Emphasizing the importance of keeping in expectation of Jehovah’s day, Jesus warned that even some of his followers would lose their sense of urgency.

He foretold about them: "If ever that evil slave should say in his heart, ‘My master is delaying,’ and should start to beat his fellow slaves and should eat and drink with the confirmed drunkards, the master of that slave will come on a day that he does not expect and in an hour that he does not know, and will punish him with the greatest severity." (Matthew 24:48-51)

In contrast, the faithful and discreet slave class loyally keeps its sense of urgency. The slave class has kept on the watch and proved itself ready. Jesus has appointed it "over all his belongings" here on the earth.—Matthew 24:42-47.

yes there are many in opposition out there ,but mee likes to remain faithful to the God of the bible , and his reigning king Jesus christ it is the ONLY way to salvation .
:)and it is very good :) thats what the bible teaches

mee likes GOODNEWS it is better:)

Jesus Is King

Back in the first century, Jesus fulfilled many of God’s purposes for him, but he was not then enthroned as King of God’s Kingdom.

that did not happen until 1914.

As the fulfillment of prophecy clearly shows, in that year God’s Kingdom was established in the heavens. (Revelation 12:10, 12)

Although there was very bad news in 1914—outbreak of World War I—the birth of God’s Kingdom was the best of news.

That was why Jesus prophesied for our day: "This good news of the kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations."—Matthew 24:14.

See that is as far as I am willing to walk with ya lol... Peace and Love and good deeds and that is fantastic... But when we get to things such as "Jesus' kingdom was formed in WWI..." That is where I have to stop :p

why stop there it is the best bit ;) and it is all bible based good stuff, we are now well along since 1914 and things are moving along nicely regarding true knowledge that is being revealed in these last days .

and the great day of Jehovah is very near and there is a hurrying of it very much.

kiss the son its the only way to salvation psalm 2; 12

Happy are all those taking refuge in him.

Back