Reconcling Christianity and Islam ?

Abrahams gods personal name is Yahweh.. yet the jews never mention it .. ha shem.. YET muslims call him allah.. even if you believe the jews doctored scriptures over time ( as is islamic belief) then they would never lie about THAT! lol so it becomes fairly self evident that it the quran isnt from god.. because god seems not to remember his name!

Abrahams gods personal name is Yahweh.. yet the jews never mention it .. ha shem.. YET muslims call him allah.. even if you believe the jews doctored scriptures over time ( as is islamic belief) then they would never lie about THAT! lol so it becomes fairly self evident that it the quran isnt from god.. because god seems not to remember his name!

"Allah" is not a name. It is a reference. It is no more the name of God than "God" is the name of God. Structurally, "Allah" is very close to the Greek way of referring to God within Christianity, "ho Theos". Both literally mean "the god", taken to intend to mean "the sole or only god".

In the Name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful

Allah says in the sacred Quran: Say: "Invoke Allah or invoke Ar-Rahman (the Beneficent), by whatever name you invoke Him (it is the same), for to Him belong the Best Names" (17:110)

Allah means "He who alone is worthy of all devotion". The name Allah is in Arabic, and is similar to its Hebrew counterpart "Eloah", and its Aramaic (the language of Jesus) equivalent "Elaha". Allah or God has many names. It is not right to say that you can only use one name, be it Ha Shem, Yehovah, Elohim, Adonai, Allah, God, Khuda, Lord, etc.

Al (the) lah (god)

yeah of that i do know.. yet you seem to have tiptoed around the actual point

as you say many names for one god. that much is true yet all of those either reference to a name or just a gods name (ha shem, allah, lord) not the actual revealed name of the abrahamic god which isnt jehovah either..

surely a clear ayaat for a non believer would be.. the unspeakable name referenced in some way. not an amalgomation with the pagan god and "his daughters" as being one of the same one all along.

Radunzel said:
Al (the) lah (god)

Not exactly. God is an English word derived from the Germanic "Gott" which has limited meaning. To say that Ilah simply means god is oversimplifying. The true meaning of Allah is "The one who alone is worthy of devotion".

as you say many names for one god. that much is true yet all of those either reference to a name or just a gods name (ha shem, allah, lord) not the actual revealed name of the abrahamic god which isnt jehovah either surely a clear ayaat for a non believer would be.. the unspeakable name referenced in some way. not an amalgomation with the pagan god and "his daughters" as being one of the same one all along.

I do not exactly understand what you are trying to say. If you are talking about the tetragrammaton, than it is YHVH in Hebrew, and it means "I am".

But when he came to the (fire), a voice was heard from the right bank of the valley, from a tree in hallowed ground: "O Moses! Verily, I am, am Allah, the Lord of the Worlds (28:30)

Ya Moosa innee ana Allahu rabbul 'alameen

How can allah mean "The one who alone is worthy of devotion".

when the diety of pre-islamic arabia regularly had idols or had prayers for his daughters? as is mentioned either quranicly or historically? if that is what the word truely means, then the pagans wouldnt have worshipped idols with a name like that!

"hello Mr. only worship me... would you mind if i worshiped this statue in your name?"

Allah can only mean that by conjecture and dewy eyed retrospect =P

yeah im talking about the tetragrammaton.. show me the sura its in and i shall accept that it is the same diety..

hehehe:cool:

I'm not sure that the Allah of the Quran is the same God as that of the Bible, I know Muslims say that it is but many Christians say otherwise and would say that Allah is not YAHWEH, and that is what I am inclined to believe.

The true meaning of Allah is "The one who alone is worthy of devotion".

The entirety of linguistics would disagree with you. "Allah" is a contraction of the Arabic definite article al- and ʾilāh "deity, god", the contraction "Allah" meaning "the God", with the implication of being "the only God". This is the plain, scientific truth of the word's derivation. "Allah" is not the exclusive property of Muslims, either. Arabic Christians use "Allah" in their prayer, worship, and theological discussions and have been doing so since before Islam existed.

In the name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful

Radunzel said:
when the diety of pre-islamic arabia regularly had idols or had prayers for his daughters? as is mentioned either quranicly or historically? if that is what the word truely means, then the pagans wouldnt have worshipped idols with a name like that!

The pagans of Arabia worshiped Allah, but falsely ascribed daughters to him. They would fashion idols of deities and say that by being devoted to them they were getting closer to Allah. The message of Muhammad (alaihi salatu wa salam) was the same message as Abraham and all the prophets, that Allah is One, He has no daughters, sons, parents, etc. He alone is worthy of all acts of devotion. The pagans of Arabia believed that Allah is the Creator and Sustainer of the universe, but they did not accept that only He is worthy of all devotion. Similarly, the Christians believe that God is the Creator and Sustainer of the universe, yet they ascribe a son to Him and they worship others beside God claiming they are gaining nearness to Him. It is this false claim of the pagans, christians and non-Muslims in general that Muhammad (alaihi salatu wa salam) was sent to rectify.

yeah im talking about the tetragrammaton.. show me the sura its in and i shall accept that it is the same diety..
hehehe

The tetragrammaton is the Hebrew word which means "I am". When Moses asked God to tell Him who He was, He said "I am who I am" and this is the origin of Yahveh or Yehovah. However, this is in Hebrew, but the Quran is in Arabic. The same story is mentioned, by Allah says

"O Moses! Verily, I am, am Allah, the Lord of the Worlds (28:30)

Ya Moosa innee ana Allah (O Moses, I am, am Allah). This is because Allah is also referred to not only by proper names, but also by pronouns. For example, the Sufis (Islamic mystics) refer to Allah by the pronoun Hu which means "Is" and the sacred Quran: Allah there is god but He (2:255) La ilaha illa Huwa so they also refer to Him as Huwa which means "He".

The entirety of linguistics would disagree with you. "Allah" is a contraction of the Arabic definite article al- and ʾilāh "deity, god", the contraction "Allah" meaning "the God", with the implication of being "the only God". This is the plain, scientific truth of the word's derivation. "Allah" is not the exclusive property of Muslims, either. Arabic Christians use "Allah" in their prayer, worship, and theological discussions and have been doing so since before Islam existed.

The problem is that the word God is not the best meaning of Ilah. Ilah means an object of devotion, and Allah means the One and Only object of devotion. Thus La ilaha illa Allah means "There is none worthy of devotion other than Allah". If Ilah meant simply god, than it would mean "there is no god but God" which is not the significance of La ilaha illa Allah

He he true is that i think can we come to agreement that allah means

THE Diety

but still my friend refering to yahweh.. if the language of which things are said doesnt matter THEN im sure the salat is valid in any language!

hehehhe!

=P

the Christians believe that God is the Creator and Sustainer of the universe, yet they ascribe a son to Him and they worship others beside God claiming they are gaining nearness to Him.
You are incorrectly explaining christianity. Christians believe God and Jesus and the Holy Spirit are God (Elohim) the creators and sustainers, if we want to pull the Father out as the creator he is YHWH, if we want to pull Jesus out as the creator He is YHWH too, both one God. We do not ascribe a Son to Him, the prophets and God himself do through the bible, as they explain the nature of God as Father, Son, and Holy Spirit--the one true living God.

Back