What Is Your Greatest Fear?

No 1 on the short list has to be the Day of Judgement .... I KNOW how bad I have been and no doubt Allah can add a few million sins I can't even remember ..... boy am I in BIG trouble!!

No 2 is snakes, I can't even look at them on the tv.

No3 is personal failure, be that in work, personal relationships or goals I set myself. Of course I regularly disappoint myself so am rather used to it now :D

Heck, we all disappoint him... But he is amazing and can forgive, we just need to learn and move on... learn, and move on..... We're going to foul up we're just humans...

OH And brother, I don't have a fear of drowning... Just a fear of water... lol... Drowning would possibly happen as I am a weak swimmer as I said, I sink.. But my mind offers me many, many more dark images than drowning when I think of water or see water...

--Edit--

In basic training there is a swimming test... lol I got a "pass" on that... Didn't even go near a swimming pool amazing eh? ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
My greatest fear is that my wife will realize what a sh** I am and divorce me. Of course I won't see it coming. Then my kids will be living with her and some prick that I'll have to pretend to get along with while I live in a hovel and go broke paying child support.

Chris
Got the T-shirt :(

My greatest fear is not meeting God, but what he will say when I do meet him on that final day. Will I have made the grade, or did I waste what he gave me?

Ah, similar to my greatest fear (or, to paraphrase your post: you fear disappointing G!d!)

Hello Q and Phyllis,

IMO I don't feel that we are rated, graded or judged when we go and meet our Maker. I know that he will discuss the paths that we had taken, and why? When we were offered so many choices along the way, that could have or would have changed our lives. Those are forks that appear in the road, or even bridges that we had to cross over, and that was when we contemplated as to what way we should go. Then when we did ask him for help and guidance and he gave it to us. That was when we refused it, we did not appreciate it, or we did not even take the time to notice that it was there until it was too late. I also think that he will discuss the trials and tribulations that he had set before us and how we handled them or how we over came them. But, I think that the most important of them all were the life lessons that we had to learn and go through sometimes many times that made us better than we were before we started on our journey.

I do not feel that we would disappoint him as we did make it through to the end to be with him. We lived life, we laughed, we cried, we loved and most of all we enjoyed being alive and are thankful to him for being the Creator and creating all of the living things that is on this earth.

Thank you for replying to my post.

God Bless
Ian

Hello Q and Phyllis,

IMO I don't feel that we are rated, graded or judged when we go and meet our Maker. I know that he will discuss the paths that we had taken, and why? When we were offered so many choices along the way, that could have or would have changed our lives. Those are forks that appear in the road, or even bridges that we had to cross over, and that was when we contemplated as to what way we should go. Then when we did ask him for help and guidance and he gave it to us. That was when we refused it, we did not appreciate it, or we did not even take the time to notice that it was there until it was too late. I also think that he will discuss the trials and tribulations that he had set before us and how we handled them or how we over came them. But, I think that the most important of them all were the life lessons that we had to learn and go through sometimes many times that made us better than we were before we started on our journey.

I do not feel that we would disappoint him as we did make it through to the end to be with him. We lived life, we laughed, we cried, we loved and most of all we enjoyed being alive and are thankful to him for being the Creator and creating all of the living things that is on this earth.

Thank you for replying to my post.

God Bless
Ian

There is a "tiny" problem there Ian. With much given, much is expected...:eek:

My greatest fear is that my wife will realize what a sh** I am and divorce me. Of course I won't see it coming. Then my kids will be living with her and some prick that I'll have to pretend to get along with while I live in a hovel and go broke paying child support.

Chris
well then, at least with you being aware, you have a chance to change that...what a blessing for you, maybe several fold...;)

not that I think of you that way...but what I think doesn't matter.

Got the T-shirt

Hello Chris and Tao,
Everyone has those same kind of fears when they are in a relationship, and they are appreciative and love what they have that they are afraid of someone taking it away from you or loosing it. And yes, you do have the right outcome of the situation down pat. So, my question to you is what are you doing to keep that from happening? And are you really such a sh**?

Thank you both for replying to my post.
God Bless
Ian

There is a "tiny" problem there Ian. With much given, much is expected...:eek:

Are you sure Q, or is that something that we have set before ourselves? I feel that it is really on the simpler side. IMO it is man who has complicated life, not God. It is Man who thinks that they must accomplish this and that to explain what he did with his life. He must get a higher education, he must make more money, he must buy a bigger house so on and so forth. When was the last time that you listen to a bumble bee buzz by? You looked at an ant that was carrying something 10x's it's size, watching a rose bud in the morning covered lightly with dew and as each hour passed you could go back to the same rose and see it opening to the radiant light of the sun. When was the last time that you held a baby in your arms (and it doesn't matter who's baby it is). You look at the creation that you are holding and the amazement and wonder fills your heart, mind and soul at something that is so precious as that little life that you are admiring. That is God's creation it is life and it is that simple to me.

God Bless
Ian

Are you sure Q, or is that something that we have set before ourselves? I feel that it is really on the simpler side. IMO it is man who has complicated life, not God. It is Man who thinks that they must accomplish this and that to explain what he did with his life. He must get a higher education, he must make more money, he must buy a bigger house so on and so forth. When was the last time that you listen to a bumble bee buzz by? You looked at an ant that was carrying something 10x's it's size, watching a rose bud in the morning covered lightly with dew and as each hour passed you could go back to the same rose and see it opening to the radiant light of the sun. When was the last time that you held a baby in your arms (and it doesn't matter who's baby it is). You look at the creation that you are holding and the amazement and wonder fills your heart, mind and soul at something that is so precious as that little life that you are admiring. That is God's creation it is life and it is that simple to me.

God Bless
Ian
quite certain Ian: Luke 12:48 says, “To everyone whom much is given, much is expected, and from the one who is entrusted with much, much more will be expected. ...

Hello Chris and Tao,
Everyone has those same kind of fears when they are in a relationship, and they are appreciative and love what they have that they are afraid of someone taking it away from you or loosing it. And yes, you do have the right outcome of the situation down pat. So, my question to you is what are you doing to keep that from happening? And are you really such a sh**?

Thank you both for replying to my post.
God Bless
Ian

Well... I've never cheated and I've always been employed, so I can't be that bad.:) I haven't been that easy to live with, though. Especially not the last couple of years.

Chris

I've overcome a fear of the dark and loathing of spiders. All that's left is to get used to the idea of being stuck by needles, smacked in forums, and the filling out of tax forms.

Well... I've never cheated and I've always been employed, so I can't be that bad.:) I haven't been that easy to live with, though. Especially not the last couple of years.

Chris

You are a good man Chris in regards to be monogamous (it's a shame more people are not like that). Working! That can be a definite good thing in any relationship (again it's a shame that more people are not like that). Good, good......So, why have you not been easy to live with Chris? And is she understanding or is she just tolerating you? Keep in mind that you have not been easy to live with the the past couple of years how long do you think it will be before all understanding and toleration are gone? It is never too late to fix it! Only you can fix it, Chris.

You still haven't answered my question brother, "What are you doing to change it and or over come it?"

God Bless
Ian

I think I know what Chris is talking about. I don't see why she would stay with me, either; but that's always the question about women. Why do women stick around, anyway, and if there's hope for Chris maybe there's hope for me, too!

You are a good man Chris in regards to be monogamous (it's a shame more people are not like that). Working! That can be a definite good thing in any relationship (again it's a shame that more people are not like that). Good, good......So, why have you not been easy to live with Chris? And is she understanding or is she just tolerating you? Keep in mind that you have not been easy to live with the the past couple of years how long do you think it will be before all understanding and toleration are gone? It is never too late to fix it! Only you can fix it, Chris.

You still haven't answered my question brother, "What are you doing to change it and or over come it?"

God Bless
Ian

I'm trying to be more attentive, less selfish, and hornier.

Chris

Back