What Is Your Greatest Fear?

I'm trying to be more attentive, less selfish, and hornier.

Chris

ha, ha, ha...........but is that all she wants? What about romance? What about making her feel special? What about talking to her about what is bothering you and causing you to act the way that you have been?

Ian

Well... I've never cheated and I've always been employed, so I can't be that bad.:) I haven't been that easy to live with, though. Especially not the last couple of years.

Chris
There is a book you might like to read: "Red Hot Monogomy" by Bill and Pam Farrel. It's a him and her book. You just work on the him part and see she might get very curious...:D

No 1 on the short list has to be the Day of Judgement .... I KNOW how bad I have been and no doubt Allah can add a few million sins I can't even remember ..... boy am I in BIG trouble!!

No 2 is snakes, I can't even look at them on the tv.

No3 is personal failure, be that in work, personal relationships or goals I set myself. Of course I regularly disappoint myself so am rather used to it now :D

*graciously bowing and taking Muslimwoman’s hand and saying*

It is very nice to meet you Muslimwoman,

IMO only I feel that it will not be a Judgement Day, it will be a day of the Lord and I assessing my life, and how I handled the trials and tribulations that he had set before me.

You know we were born into sin, so in reality with had already started life on a negative, and what we did in the middle does not really matter, it is up to us to finish it with a positive. I hope that makes sense.

Eweee, snakes…..I used to play with them when I was little, but now that I am older, maybe if someone was with me guiding me and teaching me….I might.

You are too hard on yourself………..we all have failures it is a goal that we have set too high for ourselves. We must learn to lower the bar and make our goals more reachable. I have had to learn that one also. Work is a whole different ball game in my book, if you are failure at work then how can you still have a job? Personal relationships…..WOW! That one is a toughie even for all of us. Some you get a chance to know and love and then something happens, it is hard to say but one of you falls out of love, and then there are the abusive relationships, those need to come with escape hatches! And then, the one that we are all waiting for, well most of us anyway, the love that is strong enough to endure and grow with each passing day. And the ones that already have that kind of relationship need to work at it. It is almost like keeping a fire lit in the fireplace, if you know what I mean.

I think that you are doing great, and “thank you” for replying to my post.

God Bless,
Ian

ha, ha, ha...........but is that all she wants? What about romance? What about making her feel special? What about talking to her about what is bothering you and causing you to act the way that you have been?

Ian

Lookit, I didn't say this was a rational fear, LOL! And it's complicated.

Chris

Lookit, I didn't say this was a rational fear, LOL! And it's complicated.

Chris

Try me! PM me if you want, but I don't think that it could be that complicated. I have ears I will listen...........um.......but in this case I will have to use my eyes, to see what you are saying....

I am here to help, please let me try to help you, so that you can help yourself.

God Bless
Ian

I've overcome a fear of the dark and loathing of spiders. All that's left is to get used to the idea of being stuck by needles, smacked in forums, and the filling out of tax forms.

Good for you Dream!!! Woo Hoo! Yeah, fear of the dark is a toughie, especially when I was in my pre-teens!!! Spiders.....eweeee....get the spray, get a shoe, get a shovel!!! *splat*

Ah, needles they don't bother me, it is the person who may not know how to use it properly that bothers me....there is a technique for that Phlebotomy.

LMAO.....that was a good one!!

OH NO TAX FORMS!!! Please say, NO, please say it isn't so!!!! Yikes!!!

Thank you Dream

God Bless
Ian

quite certain Ian: Luke 12:48 says, “To everyone whom much is given, much is expected, and from the one who is entrusted with much, much more will be expected. ...

Q, the scripture that you have quoted is speaking about the amount of beatings that someone is to get. I have read it, re-read it and read it again.
"But he that knew not, and did commit things worthy of stripes, shall be beaten with few stripes. For unto whomsoever much is given, of him shall be much required: and to whom men have committed much, of him they will ask the more." King James Version. (which I have read twice many years ago).

Ian

Q, the scripture that you have quoted is speaking about the amount of beatings that someone is to get. I have read it, re-read it and read it again.
"But he that knew not, and did commit things worthy of stripes, shall be beaten with few stripes. For unto whomsoever much is given, of him shall be much required: and to whom men have committed much, of him they will ask the more." King James Version. (which I have read twice many years ago).

Ian
Bull, it has to do with the "faith" we each receive. Have faith but act not on it? single talent buried in the sand...

please do not tell me what scripture means...that is the ultimate insult anyone can make to a believer who has been around the block a time or two.

Just give your opinion. We all can take it from there.(that too is faith)

v/r

Q

You can start with the words "I opine"...

Bull, it has to do with the "faith" we each receive. Have faith but act not on it? single talent buried in the sand...

please do not tell me what scripture means...that is the ultimate insult anyone can make to a believer who has been around the block a time or two.

Just give your opinion. We all can take it from there.(that too is faith)

v/r

Q

You can start with the words "I opine"...

Very well Q! So be it!

IMO you don't know jack! Scripture is written so that it means something different to someone and or to you on that given day. It has to do with the frame of your mind and how you are feeling at that time as to what it means and what you may get out of it on that particular day. But, I am sure that you already know that being around the block or two.

Yes, I do understand that you have been around the block a time a two and you think that should justify in you making a comment like that....I believe that most of the people here have also been around that block too!

I am not telling you what the scripture means, I am saying that you should not quote a scripture unless it pertains to what was said/discussed. And as I see it, that is exactly what you did, you took the back portion of a scripture and tried associating it with what was being discussed............:)rolleyes: thinking to self he really needs that visa and passport soon, to take the edge off...lol..........oops different thread....please forgive me:eek:)

I am sorry if you are angry, but that is why I questioned you on it, as to why it didn't make sense to me. But, I did come across a commentary at the bottom of KJ Bible link that you provided me with (thank you very much) , that thinks the same way that you do...........realizing that must be where he got it from.

Thank you for responding to my post, your ire and opinion is very much appreciated.

God Bless
Ian

Namaste all,

interesting thread.

i can't say that i have a greatest fear as it seems to be that the fear that i am currently experiencing is the greatest one at the time. when another one arises it seems to be the greatest one.

i've got some particular fears... a bit of a fear of heights which wasn't cured by being a Paratrooper.. though you'd have thought that it would be.

i used to have a fear of spiders but i don't any longer.. indeed, i've managed to remove all my particular hangups regarding insects that i am aware of.

i suppose that the main fear that i currently have, in an academic sense, is the fear of losing my sanity and memory as my physical form ages.

metta,

~v

Come on, Q - let's not tell others they speak "bull", please - everything posted on IO is opinion, and that's a given. :)

Vajradhara said:
i suppose that the main fear that i currently have, in an academic sense, is the fear of losing my sanity and memory as my physical form ages.
That one is the baddest of all. To improve chances of keeping my mind active, they say I must learn new classes of things. Some things I've read or heard to preserve mind are: dance, languages, twisted humor like Mad magazine, using the left hand instead of the right (ambidextrianism), and 'Meditation'. Also, cutting way back on the coffee or tobacco, etc. after passing age 50.

earl said:
But it is a fear when I get to the end of life if not a tad over onto the other side that I will find I have not fully lived the life I was intended to live. Earl

to paraphrase a recent song:

i'm afraid that all i have missed
will loom very large when the darkness lifts.

metta,

~v

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know about my biggest fear, but here are some of my fears:

the dark
people (I'm shy)
leeches (eeeeeew!)
death (I'm still attached to living)

Come to think of it, my biggest fear--or biggest irrational fear--is people. Or people I don't know rather. I've always been afraid of embarassing myself by talking. I'm getting over it though.

"Water is the unconscious, the creature in the water, would be the dynamism of the unconscious which is dangerous and powerful and has to be controlled by consciousness. The first stage in the hero adventure, when he starts off on adventure, is leaving the realm of life which, he controls and knows about, and moving towards the threshold. And it’s at the threshold that the monster of the abyss comes to meet him." - J Campbell.

Mabeh that is something to do with my water fears :p

Back