The Problem of Evil (in a Deterministic Universe)

You said you believe Satan exists but you said God has complete supremacy. Yet the definition of Satan for both Christian and Islam is

(Judeo-Christian and Islamic religions) chief spirit of evil and adversary of God; tempter of mankind; master of Hell
wordnet.princeton.edu/perl/webwn

define: satan - Google Search

You like the Christians here are supporting Satan because of doctrine. Even though your analogy of evil being an illusion makes more philosophical sense.

Dude that Judeo-Christian definition of satan does not apply to Islam.
In Islam, Satan is never represented as challenging God. In fact,
Satan clearly asks God's permission to tempt man. There is no
"war in heaven" according to the Quran.

So your saying evil is an illusion and that God the almighty goodness and positive force granted Satan who is a genuine force permission to give us that illusion.. I Don't think this fits well with your analogy.

So your saying evil is an illusion and that God the almighty goodness and positive force granted Satan who is a genuine force permission to give us that illusion.. I Don't think this fits well with your analogy.

When did I say that Satan is a "genuine force"?
You make it sound like I am giving some intrinsic
properties to Satan, which I am not, at all.
I said he exists, and that he was created by God.

There is only one intrinsic being: God.

Every other "force" is His tool, that He created
to fulfill His purpose.

When did I say that Satan is a "genuine force"?
You make it sound like I am giving some intrinsic
properties to Satan, which I am not, at all.
I said he exists, and that he was created by God.

There is only one intrinsic being: God.

Every other "force" is His tool, that He created
to fulfill His purpose.

A strange god indeed who creates Plato's Cave to serve his purpose! Seems more demonic to me.

A strange god indeed who creates Plato's Cave to serve his purpose! Seems more demonic to me.

again with the cave... :rolleyes:

Nick, your views on an "inner objective morality"
have been soundly defeated. Before you go on launching
an offensive, make sure your own bases are covered...

(I know you just want my attention Nick,
I am flattered, yet not really interested in taking the bait)

Translation

You have a closed mind and couldn't even admit your limitations even on your death bed. This limitation assures just another proof in the accuracy of this assertion by the most honorable Mullah Nassr Eddin:

"Able to see no further than his nose."

Translation

You have a closed mind and couldn't even admit your limitations even on your death bed. This limitation assures just another proof in the accuracy of this assertion by the most honorable Mullah Nassr Eddin:

Whatever Mr. inner objective morality...

Like I said (in my edited post above)
Before you begin to criticize me, make
sure your foundation is on solid ground:

http://www.interfaith.org/forum/ezra-9957.html

I think this is paradoxical.. I'm just going to leave it with I agree with your analogy.

Nick, your views on an "inner objective morality"
have been soundly defeated. Before you go on launching
an offensive, make sure your own bases are covered...

Ladies and gentleman this tug-of-war match to expose the reality of inner morality is one fall to a finish. On the right we have Jesus, plato, and Simone. On the left we have cOde. Ladies and gentleman please place your bets.

... He was created by God to ask permission for such an act.

Sounds like Cod created a version of a stepford wife that asks permission to please us. Technology may not be all bad.

Postmaster + Nick

@ Postmaster

I think this is paradoxical.. I'm just going to leave it with I agree with your analogy.
I know dude its wierd... I appreciate your comments still though.

@ Nick

Ladies and gentleman this tug-of-war match to expose the reality of inner morality is one fall to a finish. On the right we have Jesus, plato, and Simone. On the left we have cOde. Ladies and gentleman please place your bets.

... you actually believe you have an audience don't you??

... sigh...

moving on...

p.s. Jesus PBUH never supported your warped views.
The many Christians on this forum can attest to that
and have done so many times.

Postmaster + Nick

@ Postmaster

I know dude its wierd... I appreciate your comments still though.

@ Nick

... you actually believe you have an audience don't you??

... sigh...

moving on...

Actually I'm more inclined to believe that there is a decreasing audience for the objective efforts of such great beings. That is what frightens me. It has been replaced by the adoption of fundamentalism, shallow secular political correctness, and group think. The horrors of this choice will only be revealed when we "hit bottom."

This is apocalyptic mentality, I think this period for Humanity is over with the revalation of the Baha'i faith also.

why does it have to be so difficult.
Knowledge is a good thing, but honestly from where im sitting reading all this.... its also a fight starter.
Can we not be happy with, loving God, and accepting that we dont know everything.?

Knowledge is a good thing, but honestly from where im sitting reading all this.... its also a fight starter.
Can we not be happy with, loving God, and accepting that we dont know everything.?

I dunno Grey, seems like the less knowledge there is the more talking happens. From where I sit, it is quite noticeable that the less knowledgeable seem to have the sharpest tongues.
I'm rather fond of your approach here, likened to Suzuki's "don't know mind" :)

No, it is intolerable. Socrates for example had the audacity to say that he knew nothing. The Oracle thought him wise for the insight but the implication after his further research was that no one else did either. Together this is not forgiveable. The penalty is death.

Back