Are jehovah's witnesses Christians

Are jehovah's witnesses Christians ?

• Yes

Votes: 16 64.0%
  • No

Votes: 9 36.0%

• Total voters
WHO ARE THE ONES DOING THE WITNESSING?
Today, a united people is witnessing “to the most distant part of the earth.” It is the people spoken of by the apostle Peter—the ‘people for God’s name’—that is bearing witness to Jehovah and his Kingdom by Christ Jesus.

Concerning this, Jesus himself told his disciples: “He that exercises faith in me, that one also will do the works that I do; and he will do works greater than these, because I am going my way to the Father.” (John 14:12) From his Father’s right hand in the heavens, the King Jesus Christ now directs the most extensive witness ever conducted here upon earth.

As Jesus prophesied, when “this good news of the kingdom” has been “preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations . . . then the end will come.”Matthew 24:14.

“This good news of the kingdom” is the most thrilling news that has ever been proclaimed to humans.

It is the glorious good news concerning which the religious sects of Christendom are completely silent.

YES IT IS THE TIME OF THE END FOR MANMADE GOVERMENTS daniel 2;44

and that is goodnews, thats because Gods kingdom will soon step into the affairs of humans.

so who are the witnesses doing the witnessing work about the GOODNEWS of Gods kingdom, and the GOODNEWS that JESUS IS A REIGNING KING in GODS KINGDOM. daniel 7;13-14 matthew 28;19-20

:) it is JEHOVAHS WITNESSES:)

Jehovah witnesses are Christians its not an opinion, but a fact .They fallow Christ so technically they're Christians to argue this would be to redefine what a Christian is .Some people may have their personal beliefs ,but that doesn't change the fact.

The American Heritage Dictionary defines a Christian as "one who professes belief in Jesus as Christ or follows the religion based on the life and teachings of Jesus; one who lives according to the teachings of Jesus

Jehovah witnesses may not agree on Jesus being God ,but they do believe in Jesus teachings.Show me where in the bible it says" you must believe Jesus is God in order to be a Christian"

I believe Jehovah witnesses don't claim to be Christians, because they want to be apart from the trinity .the definition of Christian doesn't do justice to the diversity of Christian beliefs .​

I love Jehovah Witnesses.

The look like Christians to me. Smell like 'em too!

They got my vote.

I love Jehovah Witnesses.

The look like Christians to me. Smell like 'em too!

They got my vote.

:)As long as we have a sweet smelling odour in front of the most high then that is all that matters,

Therefore, become imitators of God, as beloved children, and go on walking in love, just as the Christ also loved you and delivered himself up for you as an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweet-smelling odor.EPHESIANS 5;1-2

I believe Jehovah witnesses don't claim to be Christians, because they want to be apart from the trinity ..​

Jehovahs witnesses DO claim to be Christians , and they are :)

but they do not claim to be a part of CHRISTENDOM .

true christianity has not taken on board TRINITY ,HELLFIRE, IMMORTALITY OF THE HUMAN SOUL, PURGATORY , ect ect and the list goes on about many things that the bible does not teach.

Jehovahs witnesses have no part in the politics of this world ,but CHRISTENDOM are in there when they should not be there .

make no mistake about it there is a big difference between CHRISTENDOM and true christianity.

Jehovahs witnesses are into what the bible really teaches ,and what Jesus himself taught , but christendom is part of the world.

And christendom have lost their focus centuries ago .
that may sound blunt but it is the truth .

and just as Jesus was not ashamed to make known the truth about the religious leaders in his day , so Jehovahs witnesses over the years have not been afraid to make known the truth of what the bible
REALLY TEACHES

Jehovahs witnesses are into the truth of the bible, even if that truth goes against the grain .

Jehovahs witnesses are into the truth of the bible, even if that truth goes against the grain .

of their own particular bible that has been altered to re-enforce their doctrine :eek:

Colossians 2:8 (New International Version)

See to it that no one takes you captive through hollow and deceptive philosophy, which depends on human tradition and the basic principles of this world rather than on Christ.
but that said I have warmed to them and do consider them my brothers and sisters in Christ, despite of their reliance on false doctrine :)

of their own particular bible that has been altered to re-enforce their doctrine :eek:

but that said I have warmed to them and do consider them my brothers and sisters in Christ, despite of their reliance on false doctrine :)

colossians 2;8 very true indeed:)

Look out: perhaps there may be someone who will carry YOU off as his prey through the philosophy and empty deception according to the tradition of men, according to the elementary things of the world and not according to Christ;

did christ teach the trinity NO:)

“Also, there was a voice from the heavens that said: ‘This is my Son, the beloved, whom I have approved.’”—MATTHEW 3:17.

JESUS WAS GODS BELOVED SON:)
That voice was God’s voice. On another occasion, in prayer to God, Jesus said: “Father, glorify your name.” And when Jesus had said that, God’s “voice came out of heaven: ‘I both glorified it and will glorify it again.’”—John 12:28.

From these accounts, even a child can understand that the relationship between almighty God and Jesus Christ was that of a father and his beloved son, two different individuals.

Yet, this simple Bible truth is denied by the religions of Christendom.
They insist that Jesus Christ is God Almighty himself, the second person of a Trinity, the third person being the holy spirit.

Yes much philosophy has gone on over the centuries and many have been misled by it.
and now people even think that the bible teaches it . when the bible does no such thing at all.

Never did Jesus claim to be almighty God himself. Any impartial reading of the Bible without preconceived ideas about the Trinity will verify that.

For example, at John 3:16, Jesus said: “For God loved the world so much that he gave his only-begotten Son.” Just two verses later, Jesus again said that he was “the only-begotten Son of God.” (John 3:18)

When the Jews accused Jesus of blasphemy, he answered: “Do you say to me whom the Father sanctified and dispatched into the world, ‘You blaspheme,’ because I said, I am God’s Son?” (John 10:36)

Jesus did not say that he was ‘God the Son’ but that he was “God’s Son.”

its good to stick to what the bible really teaches rather than being misled by the traditions of men and the philosophy of men.

obviously from the cut and paste above, jw's are not part of christianity, but more of a polytheistic religion mascarading as a monotheistic religion or something of that sort. I think they are just a religion created to bash christianity, because thats all i ever hear and see, especially on this forum.

obviously from the cut and paste above, jw's are not part of christianity, quote]

obviously from the post above that came from a Jehovahs witness, it can be seen that they really do stick to the bible and what it really teaches . And they do not take on board the manmade trinity doctrine .

but each to their own, if people want to believe the trinity so be it

but for mee and all JEHOVAHS WITNESSES we do not take the trinity on board.
:)

mee .. I think you should create bumper stickers for the Watchtower.. your one-liners are funny hehe
example:
but for mee and all JEHOVAHS WITNESSES we do not take the trinity on board.

Did Christ teach that there was no trinity? NO:)

You are both right in that Jesus didn't encourage or promote the idea either that there was or wasn't a Trinity.

But having said that, it should therefore be a non-issue. Is is neither orthodoxy, nor heterodoxy to believe or disbelieve in the Trinity, because the most important person in Christianity, Jesus of Nazareth never promoted either position. This to me says that it isn't essential to believe or disbelieve in the Trinity and if such a requirement did exist, it wouldn't exist for all Christians, but only for some, particularly those who personally choose to believe one way or another and have embedded it into their individual conscience to believe in one of the two positions. Jesus himself never declared such a requirement.

If the Trinity was so important, or so illegal to have as a concept, a "teacher" as important as Jesus of Nazareth would have said something about it before he died. The fact that he didn't meant that it either isn't essential, isn't important or both.

The issue is instead left for the individual consciences of individual Christians.

Jesus got angry, passionate and excited about other things, but not the Trinity. One point I think is being missed is that the notion of the Trinity comes from interpretation of the writings of the New Testament. Jesus' life and sayings, however, existed before the New Testament. The New Testament is only a projection of Jesus' life and sayings.

Yet even in the writings of the New Testament, I think you would see that Jesus didn't care about such things as whether God was three-in-one. If Jesus didn't care, I don't think we should care either. A follower of Christ would and should not consider as important those things Christ himself does not deem important.

Finally, Jesus was a Jew, not a Christian. Trinitarianism and non-Trinitarianism is a matter for Christians, but not for Jews. Jesus was a Jew, so he didn't believe in a Trinity.

But anyhow, this might be a way of avoiding the issue.:) Why should a follower have different beliefs to his teacher? If Jesus (because he was a Jew) didn't believe in the Trinity, why should we?

The conclusion I would make would be similar to the points I made above. It is neither mandatory nor illegal to believe in the Trinity. Jesus never promoted nor forbade it, so individual followers are free to choose their beliefs.

What this really illustrates is the razor-thin line that people need to separate themselves from one another.

Group hug?

Jesus was a Jew, so he didn't believe in a Trinity.
Jesus was also God come in the flesh, so he knew where he came from and where he was going, so to say he didnt believe in the trinity isn't really a correct statement when one takes into account the nature of God who is father, son, and holy spirit.

Jesus was a Jew, so he didn't believe in a Trinity.
quote]
very true :) he knew just who the true God was psalm 83;18 and he made that name known .

When Jesus Christ was on earth, he ‘made his Father’s name manifest’ to his disciples. (Joh 17:6, 26)

and he said

Also, I know that his commandment means everlasting life. Therefore the things I speak, just as the Father has told me [them], so I speak [them].” john 12;50

Jesus taught his disciples to pray: “Our Father which art in heaven, hallowed be thy name.” Our heavenly Father, whose name is Jehovah, is described in the Bible as being superior to his Son.

For example, Jehovah is “from everlasting to everlasting.” But the Bible says that Jesus is “the firstborn of every creature.”

That Jehovah is greater than Jesus, Jesus himself taught when he said: “My Father is greater than I.” (Matthew 6:9; Psalm 90:1, 2; Colossians 1:15; John 14:28, King James Version)

Yet, the Trinity doctrine holds that the Father and the Son are “equally God.”

The Father’s superiority over the Son, as well as the fact that the Father is a separate person, is highlighted also in the prayers of Jesus, such as the one before his execution: “Father, if you wish, remove this cup [that is, an ignominious death] from me. Nevertheless, let, not my will, but yours take place.” (Luke 22:42)

If God and Jesus are “one in essence,” as the Trinity doctrine says, how could Jesus’ will, or wish, seem different from that of his Father?—Hebrews 5:7, 8; 9:24.

Furthermore, if Jehovah and Jesus were the same, how could one of them be aware of things of which the other was not?

Jesus, for instance, said regarding the time of the world’s judgment: “Concerning that day or the hour nobody knows, neither the angels in heaven nor the Son, but the Father.”—Mark 13:32.​

You are both right in that Jesus didn't encourage or promote the idea either that there was or wasn't a Trinity.

But having said that, it should therefore be a non-issue....

The conclusion I would make would be similar to the points I made above. It is neither mandatory nor illegal to believe in the Trinity. Jesus never promoted nor forbade it, so individual followers are free to choose their beliefs.

Precisely. Great post, Salty, and I think everyone was listening.... except Mee of course, who heard this:

"You are... right in that... there... wasn't a Trinity. But having said that... (you) should therefore (bombard everyone with your usual rhetoric, thereby completely ignoring everyone else's point of view and proving that you aren't really open to discussion).... The conclusion I would make would be... it is.... illegal to believe in the Trinity.... so individual followers are free to choose (Mee's) beliefs."

Again, great post! See you in a week, everybody :);)

Marsh

Back