Are jehovah's witnesses Christians

Are jehovah's witnesses Christians ?

• Yes

Votes: 16 64.0%
  • No

Votes: 9 36.0%

• Total voters
Are jehovah's witnesses Christians ?

jehovah's witnesses seem to share some teachings with Christianity but much of their teaching is heretical and not Christian.

Are they Christian ?

heretical:D Many in times past were refered to as heretical , and it was the religious leaders of christendom who promoted those views, nothing changes for those who are after promoting the truth of the bible .

Jehovahs witnesses are after the truth of the bible ,and they like to make it known .

but religious leaders dont like it

the problem is , people are told by their religious leaders that Jehovahs witnesses are heritical, and those people who listen to those religious leaders get to believe those lies. and even promote it .

yes there is lots of misleading going on , and it comes from religious leaders .
Are Jehovahs witnesses heritics because they choose to believe the simple statement of the bible , that Christ is the "Son of God"?

is it not those who have tried to burden the people by teaching pagan philosophy (THE TRINITY)instead of the Word of God who are the true heretics?—John 10:36, "AV.

food for thought i think :)

the problem is , people are told by their religious leaders that Jehovahs witnesses are heritical, and those people who listen to those religious leaders get to believe those lies. and even promote it .

yes there is lots of misleading going on , and it comes from religious leaders .
Are Jehovahs witnesses heritics because they choose to believe the simple statement of the bible , that Christ is the "Son of God"?

is it not those who have tried to burden the people by teaching pagan philosophy (THE TRINITY)instead of the Word of God who are the true heretics?—John 10:36, "AV.

food for thought i think :)

To be frank, I dn't think the witnesses are Christians. Why? For they always talk about that Judish Jehovah when I ask them of their religion. They keep on talking "Jehova said, Jehova did..." But are we Jews? As I understand, Jesus never quoted Jehova or worshipped him.

But meanwhile, I'm not against the witnesses, because I think they understand Christianity a bit better than contemporary chirch. For ex, they don't worship icons.

I'm almost a Buddhist (to say correctly I'm a student of Occultism) and could you, dear Mee, explain me curtly - why do witnesses reject the Trinity? It is not a pagan philosophy. It's a philosophy of all nations to have ever lived. And if Jehova's witnesses don't understand inner sense of the Trinity, why to reject without any investigation and exploring?

As I understand, Jesus never quoted Jehova or worshipped him.

quote]Jesus was a Jew , and the God of the Jews was JEHOVAH,and the hebrew scriptures are what Jesus refered too and he always refered to the scriptures because they were the word of God (Jehovah) .

and as Jesus himself said , in prayer to his father

And I have made your name known to them and will make it known."—John 17:6, 11, 26.
Do you know God’s name?— God himself tells us what it is. He says: "I am Jehovah. That is my name." So God’s name is JEHOVAH.—Isaiah 42:8.

psalm 83;18 that men may know that you ,whose name is JEHOVAH are the most high over all the earth

Jesus knew that "Jehovah" is a very important name. So he taught his followers to use God’s name. He even taught them to speak about God’s name in their prayers. Jesus knew that God wants all people to know His name, Jehovah.

One time Jesus said: "You must love Jehovah your God with your whole heart."—Mark 12:30.

Jehovah wants his own people to tell others about him. This is what Jesus did. Toward the end of his life on earth, he told Jehovah in prayer: "I have made your name known to them."—John 17:26.

from the bible we learn that Jehovah is the most important name there is.
It is the name of Almighty God, the Father of Jesus and the One who made all things. And remember, Jesus said that we should love Jehovah God with our whole heart.

Not everyone will want to listen when we speak about Jehovah. Many people did not listen even when Jesus, the Great Teacher, talked about Him. But that did not stop Jesus from speaking about Jehovah.

Maybe it'd be interesting to explore the origin of this "name".

As I know, YHVH consists two parts - YH-HVH => Yah-Havah => Yod-Havah.

In ancient language of Jews, Jod stands for "membrum virile" of a man, and Havah is the same Eve (Latin Eva, wife of Adam). So the words "male and female he created them" in Genesis, could easily be rewritten as "Jehovah he created them". So it's very close in its sense with Lingam-Yoni of Buddhist Shiva. Don't you find it's a bit "paganic"?

"Jesus was a Jew , and the God of the Jews was JEHOVAH" you said, and you're right. But why, then, Jesus rejected Jews holidays (especially Sabbath)? He was saying as if he didn't like (or even worship!!!) Jehova's laws; and hence, Jehova himself.
I think Jesus wasn't an ordinary Jew. All the religions and Occultism with them assert He was angel of God, so-called bodhisattva - one whose only purpose and will is serving the whole mankind. Not only Jews I mean. Christianity was invented as international. Remember, Jews killed Jesus, not "pagans"!

"He says: "I am Jehovah. That is my name." So God’s name is JEHOVAH.—Isaiah 42:8."

In Russian Bible, there is said "I'm One who exists!", or more Englishlike - "I am what I am". It all depends on linguistical properties of a nation. As I remember, in a Witnesses' gazette "Awake!" there was a table showing possible ways of telling JHVH in different languages. There were Jahve, Jehova, Yahha and so on. Do they forgot His great name?! Will they die in Gades?

"One time Jesus said: "You must love Jehovah your God with your whole heart."—Mark 12:30."

Notice, he said "your God". Why didn't he say "our God"? I know: he didn't think of Jewish Jehovah as about His God!

"Not everyone will want to listen when we speak about Jehovah."

It is a real problem of terms. People don't want to know of Jehovah. They want to know of God. I know this problem because our Occult terms played tricks with us. When I use the word karma people try to change theme. And if I say just "destiny", they listen to with pleasure. Karma and destiny are synonims, so why should we use sanskritic terms when we have our native. And you - why do you use Jewish word? Call God just God. Don't use term "Jehovah" because it's foreign for people.

Call God just God. Don't use term "Jehovah" because it's foreign for people.

God is only a title , but the name of the true God has great meaning

(Je·ho´vah) [the causative form, the imperfect state, of the Heb. verb ha·wah´ (become); meaning "He Causes to Become"].

"By this all will know that you are my disciples, if you have love among yourselves."John 13:35.

Yes Jehovahs witnesses are christian.

Figuratively speaking, they have beaten their swords into plowshares and their spears into pruning shears and, although of so many nationalities, they will not lift up sword against one another because they are Christian brothers and members of the one family of God, neither will they learn to war against one another any more, but they will walk in God’s paths in peace, unity and brotherly love." Their actions have been consistent with their firm resolve and have been in keeping with Paul’s admonition:

"In brotherly love have tender affection for one another." (Rom. 12:10)

The love Jehovah’s witnesses have for one another identifies them as Christ’s followers.

As I know, YHVH consists two parts - YH-HVH => Yah-Havah => Yod-Havah.

In ancient language of Jews, Jod stands for "membrum virile" of a man, and Havah is the same Eve (Latin Eva, wife of Adam).
Horse manure. The Tetragrammaton cannot be separated as Yah-Hawah; there is no double h. Yod is "hand". The cheth which is the first letter of Chawwah "Eve" does not appear in the Tetragrammaton.

People don't want to know of Jehovah. quote]

There are some people ALL OVER THE WORLD who do want to get to know JEHOVAH, and at the momment there are about 7 million of them , and that GREAT CROWD is being added to everyday REVELATION 7;9-10

After these things I saw, and, look! a great crowd, which no man was able to number, out of all nations and tribes and peoples and tongues, standing before the throne and before the Lamb, dressed in white robes; and there were palm branches in their hands. And they keep on crying with a loud voice, saying: "Salvation [we owe] to our God, who is seated on the throne, and to the Lamb."

And they are all willing to welcome Jehovahs reigning king
JESUS CHRIST.

And they are all waving their symbolic palm branches :)

and they are the ones who will come out of the GREAT TRIBULATION

These are the ones that come out of the great tribulation, revelation 7;14

This means everlasting life, their taking in knowledge of you, the only true God, and of the one whom you sent forth, Jesus Christ.
John 17;3

The true God is JEHOVAH as the bible informs us at psalm 83;18, and the one he sent forth is JESUS CHRIST John 3;16

And NOW in this time of the end , things have moved along into bible prophecy and chronology, and the gathering of that GREAT CROWD that will come out of the GREAT TRIBULATION goes on .

And this good news of the kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations; and then the end will come. matthew 24;14

NOW in the time of the end, the GOODNEWS about JEHOVAHS kingdom , which was established and set up in 1914 DANIEL 2;44 , and the GOODNEWS about Jesus recieving his kingship Daniel 7;13-14 is being made known far and wide.
how people respond to thatGOODNEWS will be clear to see.

some are waving their symbolic palm branches, some refuse to
KISS THE SON PSALM 2;12
In this verse of the second psalm, God is commanding the nations to kiss, or welcome, his Son as anointed King.

Doing so means life.

That is true even of individual rulers who have been going along with the plans of the nations.

They can flee to Jehovah, who provides refuge under Kingdom rule. But they must act before the Messianic Kingdom smashes the opposing nations.

The decree of Jehovah cannot fail. As our Creator, JEHOVAH knows what is best for mankind and will accomplish his purpose to bless obedient humans with peace, contentment, and lasting security under the Kingdom of his dear Son.
(JESUS CHRIST)

Regarding our time, the prophet Daniel wrote:

"In the days of those kings the God of heaven will set up a kingdom that will never be brought to ruin. . . . It will crush and put an end to all these kingdoms, and it itself will stand to times indefinite." (Daniel 2:44)

Surely, then, it is high time to "kiss the Son" and serve the Sovereign Lord JEHOVAH, !:)

People don't want to know of Jehovah.

lulz... sorry? I forgot when we decided you speak for me? Or for that matter, mankind?

'Tis but thy name that is my enemy; Thou art thyself, though not a Montague. What's Montague? it is nor hand, nor foot, Nor arm, nor face, nor any other part Belonging to a man. O, be some other name! What's in a name? that which we call a rose....... By any other name would smell as sweet... ;)" - Juliet.

YES :)Jehovahs witnesses are christian, but just as Jesus was REMOVED because religious leaders did not like what he had to say ,so it can be the same for Jehovahs witnesses in more ways than one .

religious leaders are afraid that people will get to see what the bible REALLY teaches , and that would never do , because their traditions of men are more important than what the bible REALLY TEACHES.

and it is religious leaders that say JEHOVAHS WITNESSES are not christians , just as Jesus in his day was REMOVED by the mainstream religion of his time.

nothing changes for true christians, and as Jesus himself said ,

Men will expel YOU from the synagogue. In fact, the hour is coming when everyone that kills YOU will imagine he has rendered a sacred service to God. But they will do these things because they have not come to know either the Father or me.
john 16;2-3

yes Jehovahs witnesses are christians ,but many people in christendom have been misled by religious teachers who say that Jehovahs witnesses are not christians .

Horse manure. The Tetragrammaton cannot be separated as Yah-Hawah; there is no double h. Yod is "hand". The cheth which is the first letter of Chawwah "Eve" does not appear in the Tetragrammaton.

It all depends on Mazoretic dots, I guess. When rabbis invented them, they can do everything they like with those scriptures. They can read the Scripture how they want. Often, those dots (points) under hyerogliphics change the sense of a text at all!

lulz... sorry? I forgot when we decided you speak for me? Or for that matter, mankind?

'Tis but thy name that is my enemy; Thou art thyself, though not a Montague. What's Montague? it is nor hand, nor foot, Nor arm, nor face, nor any other part Belonging to a man. O, be some other name! What's in a name? that which we call a rose....... By any other name would smell as sweet... ;)" - Juliet.

I think the same way, Alex. I believe in name of God there's nothing important. It doesn't matter how we call it. Even Parabrahman, Amida Buddha, Vishnu, Christna, Christ, Jehova - choose everything you like!!!

Yes, Witnesses are Christians. They use Bible, eventually... But they're a bit crazy about this Jewish word. :)

Mariska Hagerty Dharm *bows head and places hands into prayer*

:D!

I see what you're saying, honestly though They wanna go all crazy on the hebrew, that is perfectly fine.... Fill your boots... But,...but.. Always a but, dont force it upon others as that is thee ONLY way to address our god and any other way is wrong...

We can do without that bit.

I believe that Jehovah's witness are Christians. I being mormon have also dealt with people telling me I am not Christian. First off I belive its people within a religious organization to define what ones religion is and isn't. Its not left up to someone outside the faith. The next thing all the tenents that these people claim one must believe in to be called Christian is doctrine that was not expressely defined in the Bible. For example the concept of the trinity was not brought into effect until the third century. It was decided in the Nicene Creed which was called to settle disputes over doctrine taught in the Bible. Men debated compromised and voted on issues of doctrine most notably the doctrine of the trinity. I think this is far from what some people of various christian denominations call the sole bibilical teaching on the nature of god. And bishops that didn't support this doctrine were either killed or replaced with bishops that would teach this doctrine. Other doctrines I've heard as essential to be labeld Christian is accepting only the bible. This topic has been thouroughly debated by mormon scholars. And the fact of the matter also is the bible at time makes mention of books that are not contained in the bible. These are referred to as the Lost books. They also cite that you must believe that faith alone saves. This "gospel" did not become popular until the 1500's when the reformation took place. These are the most common reasons I have heard to exclude certain faiths from the christian world. This accusation most often falls on jw's and mormons. It also however falls on Catholics and Seventh-Day Adventists. But the latter two usually seem to have more universal acceptance.

I believe that Jehovah's witness are Christians. I being mormon have also dealt with people telling me I am not Christian. First off I belive its people within a religious organization to define what ones religion is and isn't. Its not left up to someone outside the faith. The next thing all the tenents that these people claim one must believe in to be called Christian is doctrine that was not expressely defined in the Bible. For example the concept of the trinity was not brought into effect until the third century. It was decided in the Nicene Creed which was called to settle disputes over doctrine taught in the Bible. Men debated compromised and voted on issues of doctrine most notably the doctrine of the trinity. I think this is far from what some people of various christian denominations call the sole bibilical teaching on the nature of god. And bishops that didn't support this doctrine were either killed or replaced with bishops that would teach this doctrine. Other doctrines I've heard as essential to be labeld Christian is accepting only the bible. This topic has been thouroughly debated by mormon scholars. And the fact of the matter also is the bible at time makes mention of books that are not contained in the bible. These are referred to as the Lost books. They also cite that you must believe that faith alone saves. This "gospel" did not become popular until the 1500's when the reformation took place. These are the most common reasons I have heard to exclude certain faiths from the christian world. This accusation most often falls on jw's and mormons. It also however falls on Catholics and Seventh-Day Adventists. But the latter two usually seem to have more universal acceptance.
I guess the question is Does Jesus and Jesus alone, save one?

If the answer is yes, then that is a Christian, if the answer is no, then that is not a Christian.

I guess the question is Does Jesus and Jesus alone, save one?

If the answer is yes, then that is a Christian, if the answer is no, then that is not a Christian.
what did Jesus himself say in JOHN 17;3
This means everlasting life, their taking in knowledge of you, the only true God, and of the one whom you sent forth, Jesus Christ.

The knowledge about the true God , who is JEHOVAH PSALM 83;18, and the knowledge about JESUS CHRIST is all in the bible .and it leads to EVERLASTING LIFE

Back