Can you relate?

The Baha'i Writings have defined that life.

"... Verily, they are peopled, but let it be known that the dwellers accord with the elements of their respective spheres. These living beings do not have states of consciousness like unto those who live on the surface of this globe: the power of adaptation and environment moulds their bodies and states of consciousness, just as our bodies and minds are suited to our planet...."

Regards Tony
My belief is quite similar
Mr Grush

Regards Tony
Will dig a bit.*
Thanks Tony

*Sounds totally dodgy

I remember watching a physicist on tv explaining, quite matter-of-fact, that the heavy elements of which we are composed are created under certain conditions – in the heart of stars ... he explained the process and then simply said, 'we are made of stardust', or something like that.

I think I'd heard that before – the explanation, not the phrase – but I can remember sitting on the sofa, watching the tv, hearing him saying what he said, and being completely overwhelmed by it ... I'd heard it before, but had not heard it before, if the italics convey the difference ... and in hearing it this time, yes, I was completely blown away.
I see that I the same as the Word of God.

One can read the passages many times, it is all about hearing what they are saying.

Regards Tony

Yes, He is the Logos, He is before all things, and by Him all things consist.

But my point is, not everyone believes that, they have their own explanations which are not deity-dependent, so our beliefs are proof enough for us, but they are not absolute in the sense they are not irrefutable.

So much so that our arguments from authority – our scriptures – are seen as 'circular reasoning' and a logical fallacy ...
That is the Quandary of Faith, we are to never give up living by the Word and sharing it with all that wish to hear.

We are not able to change any heart, that is God's gift and bounty.

Regards Tony

OK, but the same thing was said over 2,000 years before, so the claim that for the 1800s doesn't really stand.

And again, Christians make claims from their scriptures, which the Baha'i refutes ... and the Baha'i make claims to 'progressive revelation' which my own understanding of revelation refutes ... so even we cannot agree, let alone expect an atheist to agree with us.
Many are called, few are chosen, is reflected in what you offer Thomas.

It will always be our own choices Thomas. The Claims we need to embrace are those that have been given by God via a Messenger. Jesus gave us the tools to determine who is true and who is false when making such a claim.

The world is facing its Judgement Day, the Most Great Peace shall come. Thus I can offer all this in good faith that God, the Father as come.

Oh that the world can embrace the Oneness of God and our oneness in creation and work together as one soul, jn one body, born into the Spirit that is of God.
That is the Quandary of Faith, we are to never give up living by the Word and sharing it with all that wish to hear.

We are not able to change any heart, that is God's gift and bounty.

Regards Tony

Regards Tony

My belief is quite similar

Will dig a bit.*
Thanks Tony

*Sounds totally dodgy

Yes, I am waiting for the real proof. Personally I have always thought we have been visited already, stands up to plain logical reason. I find it amusing, maybe frustrating, that no one can ever get a good picture, always blurred.

If they have held the evidence, they have done more harm than good keeping it all quite, some men want all the power and do not give credit that humanity as a whole could work together to progress with such knowledge.

Regards Tony

Carl Sagan prior

Yes, I am waiting for the real proof. Personally I have always thought we have been visited already, stands up to plain logical reason. I find it amusing, maybe frustrating, that no one can ever get a good picture, always blurred.
But I don't think we're going to be visited by carbon based alien life in metal spacecraft. I believe the reality we perceive with our limited natural senses is just a tiny slice of the timespace dimension of nature to which we are confined by our carbon based bodies.

I believe that all our wonderful scientific instruments, our telescopes and microscopes and colliders -- and they are truly wonderful -- are really just an extension of our human senses of sight, hearing, and so on.

Our instruments cannot probe beyond the timespace singularity, where 'nature' ends. I believe our natural dimension is just one of perhaps infinite dimensions that interweave: My Father's house has many mansions.

So there are probably all sorts of interdimensional entities and beings, able to cross space as we cross the road. Perhaps some of them can make themselves visible to human senses, or remain invisible if that is what they choose. We might think of them as angels, or higher beings. There are probably all sorts of lower beings too. It is only this dimension of 'nature' that is confined by time and space.

So I don't think we're going to ever be visited by humanoid looking aliens in metal spacecraft, although there is interdimensional life all around us all the time.
If they have held the evidence,
I doubt it. These are just conspiracy theories, imo
some men want all the power and do not give credit that humanity as a whole could work together to progress with such knowledge
Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, Tony

What?

Never heard the phrase

Well, I came upon a child of God
He was walking along the road
And I asked him, "Tell me, where are you going?"
And this he told me...
Carl Sagan prior
Stars like our sun compress hydrogen by gravity until the atoms fuse to become helium, releasing huge energy. In a nutshell the helium then fuses to create heavier elements, that then fuse to create even heavier ones like iron and carbon and phosphorous and so on, until the sun explodes in a supernova that sprays the elements out into space. It's more complex, but as all elements heavier than hydrogen are created by star fusion, we really are made of those elements?

Last edited:
some men want all the power and do not give credit that humanity as a whole could work together to progress with such knowledge.
I think this incarnation in nature, limited by time and space, is a part of our soul progression, where the soul is able to 'knit' as an 'individual', within the 'membrane' of the body, and later to maintain its individuality when the body and nature are no longer there -- sort of like a dream. I believe it is a very special incarnation, this incarnation in the dimension of nature, time and space.

Although the 'enlightened' soul always wants to try to do good, to help others and try in a small way make the world a better place, I believe the dimension of nature is what it is -- the world will never really change. Human nature will never really change. Death will always remain the end of every natural existence.

Beyond this natural existence, the soul which has not 'dissolved' into the earth-surround but which has 'knit' to enable it to go on as a viable 'individual entity' beyond death of the body, goes on to the next level, into new dimensions, ever closer to the One.

'Let the dead bury the dead' and 'Render unto Caesar what belongs to Caesar'
imo

Last edited:
I remember watching a physicist on tv explaining, quite matter-of-fact, that the heavy elements of which we are composed are created under certain conditions – in the heart of stars ... he explained the process and then simply said, 'we are made of stardust', or something like that.

I think I'd heard that before – the explanation, not the phrase – but I can remember sitting on the sofa, watching the tv, hearing him saying what he said, and being completely overwhelmed by it ... I'd heard it before, but had not heard it before, if the italics convey the difference ... and in hearing it this time, yes, I was completely blown away.
In part, the difference is between hearing and listening.

Yes, not all of them...and we have added teflon....new and improved we are...
We've added some man made trans-Uranic elements: from Neptunium (93) to Organesson (118) most of which have a very short half-life except for of course Plutonium (94) with a half-life of 20 000 years. But Teflon is a molecule not an element; it is the trade name for Polytetrafluoroethylene C2F4 😏 (smirk)

Stars like our sun compress hydrogen by gravity until the atoms fuse to become helium, releasing huge energy. In a nutshell the helium then fuses to create heavier elements, that then fuse to create even heavier ones like iron and carbon and phosphorous and so on, until the sun explodes in a supernova that sprays the elements out into space. It's more complex, but as all elements heavier than hydrogen are created by star fusion, we really are made of those elements?
Procedure question: In your remark above you quoted both me and wil.
Can you tell me how? I haven't figured out how to do that yet.

Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, Tony
I see that that people can have an opinion, but not at the expense of the whole. Some people need to moderate their opinions, some people need to be more vocal.

True Consultation is the key here.

Regards Tony

Back