False prophets.....

PM even though I agree with your explanation on prophecy I resent your continuing to post political propaganda on this forum.. You;ve been asked to stop and you continue to disrespect the other people of this forum.

Dear Knight of the Rose

Here is the original posts.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
For example, God's word clearly teaches that "all are not prophets" (1 Cor. 12:29). However, in the last days, "all can prophesy" and have dreams and visions whether they are prophets or not:

"But this is what was spoken of through the prophet Joel: 'And it shall be in the last days,' God says, 'that I will pour forth of My Spirit upon all mankind; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams." (Acts 2:16-17 KJV; see also Joel 2:28-29; 1 Cor. 14:31)

"Under the law there were at least five classes of speakers -- Moses, the lawgiver; the wise men, who gave counsel; priests, who taught the law; prophets, through whom God spoke His word; and psalmists, who were the singers or poets in Israel" (Homer Hailey).

"By way of general definition, a prophecy is an oral or written disclosure in words through a human mouthpiece transmitting the revelation of God and setting forth His will to man" (Gleason Archer, Jr.).

God told Moses that his brother Aaron would be his "prophet" (Ex. 7:1). God then explains the nature of this work in Exodus 4:14-16 ...... the prophet is a "mouthpiece."

Fore-telling the future was only a small part of prophecy; the major work of the prophet was to reveal God's will to His people ...... what God expected of them in the present. "As a spokesman for God he was more a forth-teller than a fore-teller" (Hailey).

http://www.zianet.com/maxey/Proph1.htm

Onwards and upwards and party on in GOD's zone nobody is excluded from hearing GOD.

Love beyond measure

Sacredstar

Jer 14:14 And the Lord said to me, "The prophets prophesy lies in My name. I have not sent them, commanded them, nor spoken to them; they prophesy to you a false vision, divination, a worthless thing, and the deceit of their heart.

Jer 23:32 Behold, I am against those who prophesy false dreams," says the Lord, "and tell them, and cause My people to err by their lies and by their recklessness. Yet I did not send them or command them; therefore they shall not profit this people at all," says the Lord.

Micah 2:11 If a man should walk in a false spirit And speak a lie, saying, 'I will prophesy to you of wine and drink,' Even he would be the prattler of this people.

Zec 10:2 For the idols* speak delusion; The diviners envision lies, And tell false dreams; They comfort in vain. Therefore the people wend their way like sheep; They are in trouble because there is no shepherd

Mt 24:11 Then many false prophets will rise up and deceive many.

Mr 13:22 For false christs and false prophets will rise and show signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect

Col 2:18 Let no one cheat you of your reward, taking delight in false humility and worship of angels, intruding into those things which he has not seen, vainly puffed up by his fleshly mind,

2pe 2:11 But there were also false prophets among the people, even as there will be false teachers among you, who will secretly bring in destructive heresies, even denying the Lord who bought them, and bring on themselves swift destruction.

1jo 4:1 Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits, whether they are of God; because many false prophets have gone out into the world.

*I think its plain to see that not EVERYONE speaks from God. Its awesome indeed that we are given the means to identify false prophets if we but read the scriptures. Testing the spirits.. God plainly spoke against speaking to dead for word of him in deut 18:11, 1 sam 28:1-25, 1 chron 10:3-14 and Is 8:19 ....

The Bible strongly condemns the practice of spiritism, mediums, occult, psychics, etc. (Leviticus 20:27; Deuteronomy 18:10-13). Horoscopes, tarot cards, astrology, fortune tellers, readings, séances, etc., fall into this category as well. These practices are based on the concept that there are gods, spirits, or deceased loved ones that can give you advise and guidance. These “gods” or “spirits” are demons (2Corinthians 11:14-15).

He condemns the worship of anything other than him.. Which includes the self.

Dear Faithfukservant

Faithfulservant said:
He condemns the worship of anything other than him.. Which includes the self.[/font][/font]

I am part of a huge spiritual network around the globe and I can honestly state that I have never met one single person in the last 30 years that as condemned the worship of GOD or Jesus. Or that people worship the prophet themself.

So many assumptions can be based upon mistrust, misconception and fear and it makes my heart sad if and when I view prejudice. Sadly many wars are based upon this premise and I am sure that you will agree that it is time for humanity to build bridges and not keep on burning them. Have we learnt nothing from the last 2,000 years of religious history?

For instance born again christians have been known to hurl abuse at christian spiritualists but yet we invite them into our churches to see and experience for themselves, Jesus on the altar, prayers, hymans and sermons about our Lord.

Love beyond measure

Sacredstar

I was under the impression that you did not worship Jesus as God since you believe he fell to temptation..You said somewhere also that Jesus lived but since has been several people which made him a myth..I could very well have misunderstood that.

But thats not what I meant by worshipping self..

I was also speaking of those who prophesize in Gods name but do not speak for God.. Many supposed Christians do it daily and we have to be prepared to know how to recognize them..

IMO People who only speak love and peace and say that there is no judgement and no accountablity have a serpents tongue.. The same tongue that tempted Eve to eat the apple. The serpent promised that Eve would know of Good and Evil and she did... She didnt know the consequences of her actions.

Its like eating a piece of candy.. It tastes so good but it'll rot your teeth.

Postmaster said:
George Bush is a prime example ;) He thinks he's chosen figure by God even Christopher Reeves said it in an interview. He's 100% False. Michale Moore exposed George Bush was arrested 3 times in his life, one of charges was for drink driving!! WE ARE FREE WILL PEOPLE.

WAKE UP PEOPLE.

To me Christopher Reeves (RIP) and Michael Moore are doing more work of GOD.
First off just cause Christopher Reeves no matter how good or well respected he was said something doesnt make it true. Show me anywhere Bush claims to be a chosen figure by God. So he was arrested, we are all human, Ive been arrested a few times myself once while I was in a war zone fighting for this country. It would be nice if you didnt judge someone till you walk in their shoes.
Now if you want to continue on how bad Bush is and or how great Michael Moore is we can do that in the Politics forum. Sorry if I added to hijacking this thread.

Postmaster said:
Quahom1 George Bush would be considered by some as a false Prophet?

juantoo3
  • A just war can only be waged as a last resort. All non-violent options must be exhausted before the use of force can be justified. (Unfulfilled in Iraq)
1. George Bush a prophet...and a false one at that...last time I checked President Bush had nothing even remotely resembling a fortune teller's shop. Perhaps the "some" that you refer to are mistaking the good president's intention, with prophecy... yes, he intends to see certain outcomes, but that is not prophecy. That is shear will and determination, not wishy washy Laisez faire attitude, right wrong or indifferent. He is no prophet (false or otherwise), but he is a strong leader (whether one likes it or not).

2. Juanito, I am going to revert to my manly state here. Do you mean to tell me that if your sister, mother, daughter were being accosted by some thug, you would "exhaust all non-violent options" before commencing to some serious backside kicking? I pity your female folk. Unless you are referring to using Aikido as a defense, but you'd still have to get the assailents to come to you. In nature, that does not happen often. the predator goes after the weak, not that which can defend self, unless self steps into the forray...then the game changes.

What part two here as to do with prophecy is beyond me.

What George Bush has to do with "false prophecy" is beyond me.

Perhaps you can enlighten me.

v/r

Q

Faithfulservant said:
IMO People who only speak love and peace and say that there is no judgement and no accountablity have a serpents tongue.. The same tongue that tempted Eve to eat the apple. The serpent promised that Eve would know of Good and Evil and she did... She didnt know the consequences of her actions.

Its like eating a piece of candy.. It tastes so good but it'll rot your teeth.
Yes Faithful. That is my OP also.
I know some of these spiritual networks that are being spoken of and I also do not believe they are of God. Don't believe everything people say. One can use a part of the truth to lead one into deception. I am extremely cautious with those who speak only of the self and everything is love and perfect... like we have some kind of magic powers of our own. All power is of God and allowed by God when He says so, and not by any man alone.
The teaching that man is perfect from the womb is not what the bible teaches. The teaching of there is no sin or judgement is also against the bible.
Jesus said, Beware of the Scribes. Diviners and enchanters fall into the category of false prophets.

Beware of the scribes, which desire to walk in long robes, and love greetings in the markets, and the highest seats in the synagogues, and the chief rooms at feasts;

I wish to point out why politics and economics are involved in this. We do not need to mention any names. This topic has been extremely burdensome for me.

I want to consider the GOOD prophets of old. I believe these people did exsit regaurdless of what some say. I do not believe someone made up fiction in the bible. The lives of the righteous and the exodous are too complete. I feel we should draw parallels from these teachings and people and NOT discard them. These books are the types and shadows that represent today on a much larger and sophisticated scale.

Daniel, David, Solomon. Joseph who was left in a pit to die. These prophets were political figures and held very high positions. The economic system also layed through some of them. They can also hold education positions.

Prophecy can hold both bad and good and can contain preparation for battle in which sense the armys are involved.
A city or government being destroyed. Ther Kings of the north. In the case of Jonah, God spared Ninevah for 100 years from destruction because the Kings and people listened to the messenger.
Take notice of one of Jobs friends who came to him and spoke awful things to decieve Job in his time of despair. Job did not listen to him.

A false prophet can come in many forms today. The news, lectures, books, preachers and teachers, especially the web and possibly even a friend.
We are looking at the spiritual man today and can learn from the bible how not to be decieved in these last days.

Consider the Scribes, Sadducees and Pharisees and what Jesus said about them.

The scripture declares a FLOOD of lies would go forth to decieve it were possible the very elect. Someone is being decieved. Who are they?

I feel it is appropriate to use caution when someone speaks against the bible. I.E.
It is myth, it is old and not useful, it is dead or when some try to exclude certain books and verses or blaspheme it.
KNOW the bible and Listen to what people say before you follow there message. I feel the bible gives adequate and appropriate infromation and teaching concerning false prophets and just about everything we need to know concerning these days and our daily walk.

Dear Q, I agree with your earlier post about the bible being our prophecy. Any man who walks with anything that differs from it can be considered a false prophet.
I would also point out there was about 400 years that passed from Malachi to John the baptist with no prophet.
From what i can see, there are two more prophets who will appear as a witness to God. I dont know when.

So, if we are looking for some magical diviner in speech with amazing talent who appears to have all the answers concerning our global problems, we can very easily be looking at false prophets in BOTH political and religious settings.
And in economics and education. We may also be looking at the son of perdition who will be revealed. This is where we want to not be decieved.

Remember, these are the False prophets, not the prophets from God.

It is happening all around us.

I wish to also point out we are looking at two words. The opposite of truth is false. False is a lie, not just the indiviudal who speaks it. You can follow Christ or you can follow a false Christ. Deciet is what comes from believeing a lie.
Defintions from the Hebrew and Greek below.

You decide who is false and who is true. WHAT is false and what is true. Know your BIBLE.

903 Balaam bal-ah-am' of Hebrew origin (1109); Balaam, a Mesopotamian (symbolic of a false teacher):--Balaam. 940 baskaino bas-kah'-ee-no akin to 5335; to malign, i.e. (by extension) to fascinate (by false representations):--bewitch.
1228 diabolos dee-ab'-ol-os from 1225; a traducer; specially, Satan (compare 7854):--false accuser, devil, slanderer.
1703 empaiktes emp-aheek-tace' from 1702; a derider, i.e. (by implication) a false teacher:--mocker, scoffer.
2215 zizanion dziz-an'-ee-on of uncertain origin; darnel or false grain:--tares.
2403 Iezabel ee-ed-zab-ale' of Hebrew origin (348); Jezabel (i.e. Jezebel), a Tyrian woman (used as a synonym of a termagant or false teacher):--Jezabel.
3982 peitho pi'-tho a primary verb; to convince (by argument, true or false); by analogy, to pacify or conciliate (by other fair means); reflexively or passively, to assent (to evidence or authority), to rely (by inward certainty):--agree, assure, believe, have confidence, be (wax) conflent, make friend, obey, persuade, trust, yield.
4112 plastos plas-tos' from 4111; moulded, i.e. (by implication) artificial or (figuratively) fictitious (false):--feigned.
4811 sukophanteo soo-kof-an-teh'-o from a compound of 4810 and a derivative of 5316; to be a fig-informer (reporter of the law forbidding the exportation of figs from Greece), "sycophant", i.e. (genitive and by extension) to defraud (exact unlawfully, extort):--accuse falsely, take by false accusation.
5271 hupokrinomai hoop-ok-rin'-om-ahee middle voice from 5259 and 2919; to decide (speak or act) under a false part, i.e. (figuratively) dissemble (pretend):--feign.
5569 pseudadelphos psyoo-dad'-el-fos from 5571 and 80; a spurious brother, i.e. pretended associate:--false brethren.
5570 pseudapostolos psyoo-dap-os'-tol-os from 5571 and 652; a spurious apostle, i.e. pretended pracher:--false teacher.
5571 pseudes psyoo-dace' from 5574; untrue, i.e. erroneous, deceitful, wicked:--false, liar.
5572 pseudodidaskalos psyoo-dod-id-as'-kal-os from 5571 and 1320; a spurious teacher, i.e. propagator of erroneous Christian doctrine:--false teacher.
5575 pseudomartur psyoo-dom-ar'-toor from 5571 and a kindred form of 3144; a spurious witness, i.e. bearer of untrue testimony:--false witness.
5576 pseudomartureo psyoo-dom-ar-too-reh'-o from 5575; to be an untrue testifier, i.e. offer falsehood in evidence:--be a false witness.
5577 pseudomarturia psyoo-dom-ar-too-ree'-ah from 5575; untrue testimony:--false witness.
5578 pseudoprophetes psyoo-dop-rof-ay'-tace from 5571 and 4396; a spurious prophet, i.e. pretended foreteller or religious impostor:--false prophet.
5580 pseudochristos psyoo-dokh'-ris-tos from 5571 and 5547; a spurious Messiah:--false Christ.

205 'aven aw-ven' from an unused root perhaps meaning properly, to pant (hence, to exert oneself, usually in vain; to come to naught); strictly nothingness; also trouble. vanity, wickedness; specifically an idol:--affliction, evil, false, idol, iniquity, mischief, mourners(-ing), naught, sorrow, unjust, unrighteous, vain ,vanity, wicked(-ness). Compare 369. 2555 chamac khaw-mawce' from 2554; violence; by implication, wrong; by meton. unjust gain:--cruel(-ty), damage, false, injustice, X oppressor, unrighteous, violence (against, done), violent (dealing), wrong.
3538 kdab ked-ab' (Aramaic) from a root corresponding to 3576; false: -lying.
3577 kazab kaw-zawb' from 3576; falsehood; literally (untruth) or figuratively (idol):--deceitful, false, leasing, + liar, lie, lying.
3579 Kozbiy koz-bee' from 3576; false; Cozbi, a Midianitess:--Cozbi.
4820 mirmah meer-maw' from 7411 in the sense of deceiving; fraud:--craft, deceit(-ful, -fully), false, feigned, guile, subtilly, treachery.
5129 Now`adyah no-ad-yaw' from 3259 and 3050; convened of Jah; Noadjah, the name of an Israelite, and a false prophetess:--Noadiah.
5139 naziyr naw-zeer' or nazir {naw-zeer'}; from 5144; separate, i.e. consecrated (as prince, a Nazirite); hence (figuratively from the latter) an unpruned vine (like an unshorn Nazirite):--Nazarite (by a false alliteration with Nazareth), separate(-d), vine undressed.
5671 `abtiyt ab-teet' from 5670; something pledged, i.e. (collectively) pawned goods:--thick clay (by a false etym.).
6141 `iqqesh ik-kashe' from 6140; distorted; hence, false:--crooked, froward, perverse.
7423 rmiyah rem-ee-yaw' from 7411; remissness, treachery:--deceit(- ful, -fully), false, guile, idle, slack, slothful.
7723 shav' shawv or shav {shav}; from the same as 7722 in the sense of desolating; evil (as destructive), literally (ruin) or morally (especially guile); figuratively idolatry (as false, subjective), uselessness (as deceptive, objective; also adverbially, in vain):--false(-ly), lie, lying, vain, vanity.
7724 Shva' shev-aw' from the same as 7723; false; Sheva, an Israelite:--Sheva.
7962 shalvah shal-vaw' from 7951; security (genuine or false):--abundance, peace(-ably), prosperity, quietness.
8267 sheqer sheh'-ker from 8266; an untruth; by implication, a sham (often adverbial):--without a cause, deceit(-ful), false(-hood, -ly), feignedly, liar, + lie, lying, vain (thing), wrongfully.

The second of the two words is prophet (the person who speaks and the type of person speaking)
Know your bible Saints! Dont let the enemy have what God has given to us.

That ye will know who is true and who is false.
Even just ONE chapter a day you will see it helps us. There are some simple books out that can help us learn how to study the bible. The written Word itself can be considered a true prophet. I believe the Bible is a prophet in the last days.

You will notice often, the word prophet is used differently when associating with the two different types of speakers, leaders, or teacers wether they be false or true. Who the good men are and who the false men are can be distinctly noticed. What the good books are and what the false books are.
We have many speakers today in the world.

I am a simple man and I speak simple words so that everyone can understand. I have a huge burden for the saints right now on this subject. I do not consider myself a prophet nor do I have all the answers. I only ask everyone to consider reading the bible (just a couple of chapters a week, so that you will not be decieved.)
Yes God speaks to us in spirit and nature and in many ways, but He also is speaking to us through His written Word if you only give it a chance.

Go shopping for a nice bible with good print or maybe someone will get you one for your birthday so that you will have it. there are some very nice bibles out today.

3132 manteuomai mant-yoo'-om-ahee from a derivative of 3105 (meaning a prophet, as supposed to rave through inspiration); to divine, i.e. utter spells (under pretense of foretelling:--by soothsaying. 4396 prophetes prof-ay'-tace from a compound of 4253 and 5346; a foreteller ("prophet"); by analogy, an inspired speaker; by extension, a poet:--prophet.
5578 pseudoprophetes psyoo-dop-rof-ay'-tace from 5571 and 4396; a spurious prophet, i.e. pretended foreteller or religious impostor:--false prophet.

256 'Ach'ab akh-awb' once (by contraction) oEchab (Jer. 29:22) {ekh- awb'}; from 251 and 1; brother (i.e. friend) of (his) father; Achab, the name of a king of Israel and of a prophet at Babylon:--Ahab. 452 'Eliyah ay-lee-yaw' or prolonged tEliyahuw {ay-lee-yaw'-hoo}; from 410 and 3050; God of Jehovah; Elijah, the name of the famous prophet and of two other Israelites:--Elijah, Eliah.

477 'Eliysha` el-ee-shaw' contracted for 474.; Elisha, the famous prophet:--Elisha.

1109 Bil`am bil-awm' probably from 1077 and 5971; not (of the) people, i.e. foreigner; Bilam, a Mesopotamian prophet; also a place in Palestine:--Balaam, Bileam.

1410 Gad gawd from 1464; Gad, a son of Jacob, including his tribe and its territory; also a prophet:--Gad.

1841 Daniye'l daw-nee-yale' (Aramaic) corresponding to 1840; Danijel, the Heb. prophet:--Daniel.

2265 Chabaqquwq khab-ak-kook' by reduplication from 2263; embrace; Chabakkuk, the prophet:--Habakkuk.

2292 Chaggay khag-gah'-ee from 2282; festive; Chaggai, a Heb. prophet:--Haggai.

2374 chozeh kho-zeh' active participle of 2372; a beholder in vision; also a compact (as looked upon with approval):--agreement, prophet, see that, seer, (star-)gazer.

4319 Miykahuw me-kaw'-hoo a contr. for 4321; Mikehu, an Israelite prophet:--Micaiah (2Chronicles 18:8).

4397 mal'ak mal-awk' from an unused root meaning to despatch as a deputy; a messenger; specifically, of God, i.e. an angel (also a prophet, priest or teacher):--ambassador, angel, king, messenger.

4401 Mal`akiy mal-aw-kee' from the same as 4397; ministrative; Malaki, a prophet:--Malachi.

5012 naba' naw-baw' a primitive root; to prophesy, i.e. speak (or sing) by inspiration (in prediction or simple discourse):--prophesy(-ing), make self a prophet.

5029 nbiy' neb-ee' (Aramaic) corresponding to 5030; a prophet:--prophet.

5030 nabiy' naw-bee' from 5012; a prophet or (generally) inspired man:--prophecy, that prophesy, prophet.

5031 nbiy'ah neb-ee-yaw' feminine of 5030; a prophetess or (generally) inspired woman; by implication, a poetess; by association a prophet's wife:--prophetess.

5151 Nachuwm nakh-oom' from 5162; comfortable; Nachum, an Israelite prophet:--Nahum.

5986 `Amowc aw-moce' from 6006; burdensome; Amos, an Israelite prophet:--Amos.

7204 Ro'eh ro-ay' for 7203; prophet; Roeh, an Israelite:--Haroeh (including the article).

So which of the prophets of old do you consider to be false prophets Bandit?

being love

Sacredstar

Sacredstar said:
Dear Faithfukservant

I am part of a huge spiritual network around the globe and I can honestly state that I have never met one single person in the last 30 years that as condemned the worship of GOD or Jesus...
Sacred, just read some of the old headlines (recent), American gets his head cut off by hostage takers and the last thing the victim (and the world) heard was, "This is for the Christian, Bush."

There is at least one person...

v/r

Q

Bandit said:
...I would also point out there was about 400 years that passed from Malachi to John the baptist with no prophet.
From what i can see, there are two more prophets who will appear as a witness to God. I dont know when...
I think it is during the same time that 144,000 Jewish men who are pure (virgin), are assembled...during the alleged tribulation. John's Revelations has more information on this.

v/r

Q

Bandit said:
...So, if we are looking for some magical diviner in speech with amazing talent who appears to have all the answers concerning our global problems, we can very easily be looking at false prophets in BOTH political and religious settings...
He, he, he, he, we ain't talking about George W. Bush, as some might suggest, now are we? :D

v/r

Q

Dear Q

LOL well I was talking about real prophets that are blessed to receive prophecy not the likes of Bush. I do not consider Bush to be a prophet but I can understand why some people would think so.

Quahom1 said:
Sacred, just read some of the old headlines (recent), American gets his head cut off by hostage takers and the last thing the victim (and the world) heard was, "This is for the Christian, Bush." Q

Yes BUSH will increase the hatred in the world for Christians without doubt but unlike some others, I am not attached to the word Christian or Christianity because GOD as always got a plan up his sleeve to allow transformation and reformation to take place.

GOD consciousness is fearless and love of GOD is all one needs and divine love and light will win in the end.

I have absolutely no doubt of that for it is GOD's will and GOD's will, will be done.

The lover and the beloved

Sacredstar

Quahom1 said:
He, he, he, he, we ain't talking about George W. Bush, as some might suggest, now are we? :D

v/r

Q
:D yah you got it Q!!! <g> i dont think they did though.
it only takes one rotten apple to spoil em all. one little lie mixed into the truth to persuade someone in the wrong direction.
one drop of cyanide in the soup will kill everyone who eats it and make some very sick to death.

I am sticking with the bible and not what the diviners say.
Hey Q, You and I will have to chat on Revelations together someday.
I appreciate you brother.

that is odd, last i checked, which was just an hour ago, i still have them all.
Some people just love to pick the bible to pieces.
Pick and surmise, trying to create doubt.
Definate spirit of anti Christ IMO.

it is really evident to me that the bible is being attacked in the Christian threads which I consider another attack against me. I dont see it happening in the other forums that have beliefs so often but it happens here on a regular basis.

I will just have to ignore these types of postings.
Thanks for another kick to the teeth.

Sacredstar said:
Dear Q

LOL well I was talking about real prophets that are blessed to receive prophecy not the likes of Bush. I do not consider Bush to be a prophet but I can understand why some people would think so.

Yes BUSH will increase the hatred in the world for Christians without doubt but unlike some others, I am not attached to the word Christian or Christianity because GOD as always got a plan up his sleeve to allow transformation and reformation to take place.

GOD consciousness is fearless and love of GOD is all one needs and divine love and light will win in the end.

I have absolutely no doubt of that for it is GOD's will and GOD's will, will be done.

The lover and the beloved

Sacredstar
Personally, I think that the president of the United States is both fearless and fearfull Sacred. I think he is fearless of the world, but most fearful of God (in the supreme sense of the meaning). I personally like that. You keep saying it is God's will, and the media keeps saying "give it time and he will fail"...5 years, and he hasn't failed...maybe he is God's will for the US right now...and we'd better pray that he does not fail!

v/r

Q

Back