Why I take the Bible literally

All eyes should be on Israel as that is center stage for everything. The 70th week of Daniel is upon us. This is my great hope.
Like Mount Carmel.
Isaiah 2.2.jpg

So do you believe the holy days will resume at any time? There are prophecies of the holy days still being celebrated after Jesus returns. Consider Zechariah.

Zechariah 14:16 Then the survivors from all the nations that have attacked Jerusalem will go up year after year to worship the King, the Lord Almighty, and to celebrate the Festival of Tabernacles. 17 If any of the peoples of the earth do not go up to Jerusalem to worship the King, the Lord Almighty, they will have no rain. 18 If the Egyptian people do not go up and take part, they will have no rain. The Lord will bring on them the plague he inflicts on the nations that do not go up to celebrate the Festival of Tabernacles. 19 This will be the punishment of Egypt and the punishment of all the nations that do not go up to celebrate the Festival of Tabernacles.

The Bible literally says this. So why would this holy day resume if it was already fulfilled?
Yes I believe the Holy Days will resume during the millennial reign of it Christ.

But as to literal interpretations...which version are we taking literally? King James I believe was famously bisexual yet many who are anti homosexual and sex outside of marriage take his version of the Bible as the go to source.
You do know the King, James the First of England, also James the Sixth of Scotland (same guy), didn't actually write the translation credited to him, right? So anything - at all - to do with his personal life is aside the issue, and wholly unrelated. In other words, a gross misdirection fallacy of logic, aka strawman.

c'est la vie
Ignoring science just find too many challenges to be literal for me. Gen1 creation or Gen2? 2 of each animal or 7? To start with.
What...exactly...per science...is a "woman?"

I'll take the allegories in the Bible any day over the fallacies and errors being forced as pseudo-reality, "fact checked" by those with a political agenda, any day of the week that ends in "y." News flash from the world of science - Men Cannot Have Babies.

I can already tell this is going to get nasty and I can already tell I'm going to be patronized. I did not come by this without a lot of mental spiritual and emotional struggle and a lot of research.

About 8 years ago was talking to my brother about a mutual childhood friend... I asked if he was saved and my brother said that the friend said no that Christians were all flat earth believers and crazy. I was dumbfounded and insulted to the core.. I had never heard of this.. so doing my due diligence I started researching.. I spent hours and hours watching you tube videos and reading and I saw enough to put a bit of doubt in me. So I went to God and I prayed for 3 days straight. I submitted it to God and told Him if it was in His Word I asked Him to show me.

Everytime I opened my bible I literally saw something that claimed this.. it was creation itself that convinced me. This was 8 years ago and now they've censored so much of it that you have to really look for the information. The video that really put doubt into me was the rocket with multiple camera angles shot up and hit dead stop. You can still find that video.

I'm not looking to defend or prove this theory because it's exhausting but I've managed to convince several people who thought I was crazy. If one is seriously curious the information is out there.

The big question I'm asked is why would "they" lie. Are you serious? That lie that started with Copernicus led to the big bang theory and Darwin's theory of Evolution which I believe led to the worship of science. Life on other planets and heliocentricity instead of geocentricity. . and rejection of a Creator with the plan for Salvation for MANKIND and not some green entity from another planet.

I've asked Him to reveal the lies and He has been faithful.

This is not a salvation issue this just happens to be something I believe for me and I find great comfort that we aren't spinning around in circles at insane speeds around a sun that could blow up at any moment. I find comfort that we are established in place and the footstool of God Almighty.
It is indeed observable with little means that the earth is round, turning around itself in one day and orbiting around the sun. There's also enough evidence for that the earth is much much older than 6000 years. What is your fear that you close your eyes and your ears and your mind? Do you fear that you lose faith?

Look.. I get that this is a lot. When I first started researching I felt like the rug got yanked out from under my feet.. like everything I've ever known was a lie. It literally made me feel sick to my stomach. I feel like I was brainwashed and I was coming out from under a cloud. It seriously messed me up and it wasn't until I did a deep search in the bible and prayer fervently that God gave me peace and comfort. What it also did was open my eyes up to many other lies we are told and it caused me to study the REAL history of the USA. There are a lot of lies out there.
Sorry, yes, you have been brainwashed. Now, you think all people around you are liars but they aren't. There are, but not there where you suspect them. Once you have decided to reject science and thorough research, any liar can tell you an fabricated story and you may believe it, just wonder which REAL invented (hi)story of the USA you are studying. You may be manipulated by people with bad intentions.

It is indeed observable with little means that the earth is round, turning around itself in one day and orbiting around the sun. There's also enough evidence for that the earth is much much older than 6000 years. What is your fear that you close your eyes and your ears and your mind? Do you fear that you lose faith?
Why do you assume that's it's fear . Just seems chaotic that we are spinning 67000 mph around a sun that shoots fire balls at us meteors and asteroids catastrophically close to ending life as we know it.. space debris .. aliens invading..an ever expanding universe stars exploding millions of years ago that we don't know about because the speed of light isn't fast enough.. black holes.. life on other planets. I have comfort that my God is a God of order not chaos. It's comforting to me. My opinion my choice.

I believe the bible and the bible supports my theory not the chaotic mess science describes.

Sorry, yes, you have been brainwashed

I think you have been brainwashed.
. Now, you think all people around you are liars but they aren't. There are, but not there where you suspect them.

I think Satan is a liar . The Father of lies and many are deceived I never called anyone a liar
Once you have decided to reject science and thorough research, any liar can tell you an fabricated story and you may believe it, just wonder which REAL invented (hi)story of the USA you are studying. You may be manipulated by people with bad intentions.
I believe you have been manipulated.

I wanted to address this to explain why I might be intolerant of those that take the bible out of context or pick and choose passages they like and leave out the rest.
OK...but I see this rather often. Seldom are the Christians that have a working knowledge of the *entire* Bible.
I believe with all my heart that it's God's direct message to me. Think about how Holy and Sacred that would make it that God spoke and the written Word is the result. To deny that is blasphemy to me but I understand that not everyone believes as I do.. but when Scripture is twisted beyond recognition it would be as if I was giving permission for someone to blaspheme God by not answering back.
Even before Jesus was hung on a cross in a common criminal's death, some were already misinterpreting his words.

One has only to point to Paul, and the row with Peter, to see that there were already differing practical interpretations.

While the Catholic Church held primacy, there were still variant interpretations...some of which were denounced as heretical, some of which (particularly those that benefited the political power structure) were adopted and incorporated. Indulgences, purgatory, infant baptism...to name but three.

By the time of Luther, those able to decipher for themselves could see plainly the negligent excesses of the Church power structure, and Luther was uniquely in a position to shine a light on it all...but even his teachings were quickly misinterpreted, leading to very literal war. An unfortunate outcome, but power seldom if ever relinquishes without force.

The problem is that the precedent Luther set opened the door for a wide array of interpretations, each putting particular focus on some single or few points and ignoring the rest. "The Law was done away!" became interpreted as "ignore the Old Testament." "All you've got to do is believe!" became interpreted as "do whatever you feel like as long as you say a prayer of forgiveness and it all magically disappears." Neither interpretation is anywhere close to what Jesus taught.
Ok as to why I take it literally. Question if you were wrong in interpreting it in a way God did not intend and developed a false teachings and shared that teaching with others.. the bible says their blood is on your hands. If I take it literally then when I face God I can stand on the fact that I took Him at His Word and didn't put my Self into it.
I agree, those who teach others falsely in the name of G!d or Jesus receive a greater condemnation. Likewise, people everywhere understand things in different manners. There are entire fields in psychology about how humans learn, interpret, understand and apply new teaching, what some call "learning." So it really isn't any surprise folks understand the teachings in different manners and come to different conclusions.

This isn't limited to Christianity. There are two major competing factions in Islam, often at each other's throat every bit as much as Protestants and Catholics have been at various times. The Hindu religion has a number of factions, as does Buddhism. Native American traditions vary widely across tribes as far as specifics, but the underlying essence is quite similar. Pagan earth religions share much the same as Native Americans, so I would think there are similarities as well as culturally specific differences across all animist and related traditions. And my favorite...ask 6 rabbis a question and get 7 answers. It is human nature to reinterpret and apply to current situations.

I must add a caveat (as I often do) that not all interpretations are valid, because far too many throw the baby out with the bathwater. Even so, there is innate wisdom among established traditions...but that wisdom is not of the same kind or type as science, and should not be expected to compete.
What this means. Yes the earth was created in six literal days. The earth is approximately 6000 years old. I'm more and more convinced we are not traveling around the sun 67000 mph and we are in an enclosed environment. I believe there is a place of torment Sheol and a Lake of Fire Hell. If I'm wrong then I'll find out later but by taking it literally I am secure in not fabricating based on mans teaching.
OK...but how many thousands of years between each day? You are a smart, intelligent lady. Break out your Strong's Concordance and do a thorough study of the first chapter of Genesis...then revisit this comment. Even better, get an Interlinear Bible and do the same study. If you really feel up to it, check out the Companion Bible and the Peshitta. I think the Creation story will take on a whole new perspective for you.

The Hebrew translated as "hell" in the OT is just a hole in the ground. The Greek in the NT has three words translated as "hell," one of which is the grave, another commonly used refers to the trash pit outside of Jerusalem where trash - including the unclaimed bodies of executed criminals - was burned, and "the smoke ascended forever." The last is used only once, Tartaros, where the fallen angels were chained, to be loosed for a little season leading into the End Times.
I believe the Bible is complete and doesn't need further interpretation or messengers with a different message. God's plan of Salvation is clear and that's what it's all about. How He is dealing with Mans rebellion and how He made a way for our redemption. I feel secure in my Salvation and it boggles my mind that someone could possibly try to convince me that it's wrong and they have a different truth. Funny right?
Yes. And no. G!d indeed lays out a plan of salvation, but that is not to say all...or any...humans have it interpreted correctly.

Romans 2 tells me there are non-Christians that are every bit as saved. G!d don't make no junk. I cannot fathom a loving Heavenly Father who would on generous terms create 6 *billion* people walking the face of the planet right now, who by no fault but accident of birth are automatically doomed to eternal torment. Seriously, I don't think for a moment G!d operates that way, and if He did, He would not be one I would reach out to.

Mothers and Fathers the world over want the same thing; to live in peace and raise their children to be loving and successful (not measured in money). What it means to be righteous is to live honorably and truthfully with your neighbors, to not be murderous or vindictive, hateful, mean or spiteful. But that also means one must be willing to fight to defend their family and what is right and righteous, simply because humans have a tendency to be opportunists, and if they think they can get away with misdeeds (sin) - they will. Some believe it is a shortcut to success...even though so often it comes to a tragic ending. Look how many end up dead or in prison at a very young age, thinking they can get away with hurting others to gain for themselves. Call it karma if you like, wages of sin, what goes around comes around. Don't even have to believe in G!d to see this in full action all around us.
What a wild ride this is!
Indeed it is!

Last edited:
@juantoo3 I've read enough of your posts to know what you believe. You are so certain of your beliefs to defend them quite confidently.

I'm the same way about mine. I still love and respect you even though we don't agree on everything. I don't want to get into a battle of scripture with you because I consider you a brother. I feel very convicted of this with several people I consider friends here.

The journey of my Christian life led me to this very moment and I would not change one bit because of how staunchly I am certain of my faith and my beliefs. The walk I have had with my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ has been very real and I refuse to allow any doubt enter into my spirit. God will not allow any doubt to enter into my spirit because He has given me a great measure of faith. That faith is a gift and it fills me with great hope and most of all love and all of these come from above and I would do a disservice to Him that gave them to me by doubting.

This of course hinders dialogue.. but I don't think that is very bad because we have all seen how some of these dialogues can end up hurting feelings.

This thread has been very enlightening to me personally.

• Love
Reactions: wil
@juantoo3 I've read enough of your posts to know what you believe. You are so certain of your beliefs to defend them quite confidently.

I'm the same way about mine. I still love and respect you even though we don't agree on everything. I don't want to get into a battle of scripture with you because I consider you a brother. I feel very convicted of this with several people I consider friends here.

The journey of my Christian life led me to this very moment and I would not change one bit because of how staunchly I am certain of my faith and my beliefs. The walk I have had with my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ has been very real and I refuse to allow any doubt enter into my spirit. God will not allow any doubt to enter into my spirit because He has given me a great measure of faith. That faith is a gift and it fills me with great hope and most of all love and all of these come from above and I would do a disservice to Him that gave them to me by doubting.

This of course hinders dialogue.. but I don't think that is very bad because we have all seen how some of these dialogues can end up hurting feelings.

This thread has been very enlightening to me personally.
OK, and likewise. I would only ask how understanding the "days" of Creation directly impacts salvation?

I don't personally see where it particularly matters. G!d created the universe and all within...how long it took is irrelevant. It took as long as it took, not a moment sooner or later.

I have no desire to hurt your feelings. I also must be truthful, as I understand, with and to myself. How else might I live an honorable and truthful life?

Last edited:
I never said creation impacts salvation. There is only one way to salvation and that's through Jesus Christ. My taking the bible literally is a choice. If someone chooses to believe that anything else in the bible is a requirement for salvation and tries to tell me I'm not doing enough? THAT I take a personal issue with because it says what Jesus did for me wasn't enough. He did everything. But if someone believes they can't eat pork or we are required to worship on the Sabbath then I'm not arguing over that because they obviously feel convicted of that. We are supposed to feel convinced of ourselves and that's another bible battle I won't do

We are supposed to feel convinced of ourselves and that's another bible battle I won't do
Absolutely.

The only difference between us is what I call blind conviction compared to reasoned conviction.

If G!d is real, He can handle a few questions. It is the unquestioning believer that concerns me, for too often they are led astray by teachers who are either ignorant (no slight, meaning "unlearned") or have ulterior motives. This is not limited to Christianity, battlecries from the pulpit or equivalent have led to wars far too many times in human history, all in the name of "god."

Why do you assume that's it's fear .
It needn't be fear in you. You know youself much better than I (who does not know you except for what I read here). I just observed that many people who focus on the Bible (or the Quran and the Hadith) without looking left and right fear not to be sufficiently faithful to God. I may assure you that I have approached the Bible the other way around; observing how we are and in what we fail, I have seen the wisdom of the Word. I mean you may allow different ways to understand the Bible and still walk with God.
Just seems chaotic that we are spinning 67000 mph around a sun that shoots fire balls at us
Not really chaotic; moon and earth are running on their orbits so smoothly and previsibly that it's possible to predict solar and lunar eclipses years before with the precision of minutes. This is so because science has found out the way this works to such precision, just from observation and understanding.
meteors and asteroids catastrophically close to ending life as we know it.. space debris .. aliens invading..
That's science fiction, i.e. fiction that uses some elements of science, but it is not science, and it is not prediction. According to science, a collision with a large asteroid is possible but with quite a low probability, and no asteroid that may cause that is known. From the knowledge that all fix stars (start to count those you see with your eyes) are suns and have planets (only visible with high tech telescopes for the closest neighbouring stars, but, observed, not assumed), it cannot be excluded that life also exists elsewhere. But it is extremely unlikely that there will be individuals visiting us; that's fiction.
an ever expanding universe stars exploding millions of years ago that we don't know about because the speed of light isn't fast enough.. black holes..
That's scientific theory; meaning an unproven assumption that may explain the observations made. Theory gains likelihood if it can explain observations, and it must be altered or discarded if observations contradict it.
life on other planets.
see above.
I have comfort that my God is a God of order not chaos.
I think we agree that God is one; as you say, "my God" you mean your idea of God. Imagine the greatness of God assuming the present knowledge we have from the universe! He is greater than you imagine! And all runs in order, with fix physical laws...
It's comforting to me. My opinion my choice.
I imagine that it is not so comfortable to see that all people around you don't share your choice, that many things you consider to be false are taught in schools and universities as certified knowledge... you will mistrust many people you may trust, and you may more easily trust people who spread lies on purpose, whom you better wouldn't trust (like QAnon, ...) just because you give up the habit of demanding or accepting evidence. This is a major difference to the situation 3000 years ago, where it was common to assume that it was just so as it is written in the Book of Genesis.

I believe in God and I believe that the Bible (OT) is the collection of the writings of inspired prophets of the people of Israel. You may assume this inspiration to be more direct than I do, and you may be right because I have no proof for my estimate.

May God bless you.

Absolutely.

The only difference between us is what I call blind conviction compared to reasoned conviction.

If G!d is real, He can handle a few questions. It is the unquestioning believer that concerns me, for too often they are led astray by teachers who are either ignorant (no slight, meaning "unlearned") or have ulterior motives. This is not limited to Christianity, battlecries from the pulpit or equivalent have led to wars far too many times in human history, all in the name of "god."
Honestly do you think I could be led astray from Jesus?? He is my Rock and my Redeemer my Cornerstone. It isn't unquestioning .. I question Him all the time. To the point I've been chastised by Him for doing so. He told me almost audibly in my brain "It is not for you to question me"

It needn't be fear in you. You know youself much better than I (who does not know you except for what I read here). I just observed that many people who focus on the Bible (or the Quran and the Hadith) without looking left and right fear not to be sufficiently faithful to God. I may assure you that I have approached the Bible the other way around; observing how we are and in what we fail, I have seen the wisdom of the Word. I mean you may allow different ways to understand the Bible and still walk with God.

Not really chaotic; moon and earth are running on their orbits so smoothly and previsibly that it's possible to predict solar and lunar eclipses years before with the precision of minutes. This is so because science has found out the way this works to such precision, just from observation and understanding.

That's science fiction, i.e. fiction that uses some elements of science, but it is not science, and it is not prediction. According to science, a collision with a large asteroid is possible but with quite a low probability, and no asteroid that may cause that is known. From the knowledge that all fix stars (start to count those you see with your eyes) are suns and have planets (only visible with high tech telescopes for the closest neighbouring stars, but, observed, not assumed), it cannot be excluded that life also exists elsewhere. But it is extremely unlikely that there will be individuals visiting us; that's fiction.

That's scientific theory; meaning an unproven assumption that may explain the observations made. Theory gains likelihood if it can explain observations, and it must be altered or discarded if observations contradict it.

see above.

I think we agree that God is one; as you say, "my God" you mean your idea of God. Imagine the greatness of God assuming the present knowledge we have from the universe! He is greater than you imagine! And all runs in order, with fix physical laws...

I imagine that it is not so comfortable to see that all people around you don't share your choice, that many things you consider to be false are taught in schools and universities as certified knowledge... you will mistrust many people you may trust, and you may more easily trust people who spread lies on purpose, whom you better wouldn't trust (like QAnon, ...) just because you give up the habit of demanding or accepting evidence. This is a major difference to the situation 3000 years ago, where it was common to assume that it was just so as it is written in the Book of Genesis.

I believe in God and I believe that the Bible (OT) is the collection of the writings of inspired prophets of the people of Israel. You may assume this inspiration to be more direct than I do, and you may be right because I have no proof for my estimate.

May God bless you.
All science is theory. It's based on hypothesis. I've never seen space with my own two eyes.. I've only seen pictures or TV. I've learned to not trust what I'm being told. I trust God Almighty alone. If I'm wrong I'll find out when I die. Until then I'm not hurting one single person by believing this.

All science is theory. It's based on hypothesis. I've never seen space with my own two eyes.. I've only seen pictures or TV. I've learned to not trust what I'm being told. I trust God Almighty alone. If I'm wrong I'll find out when I die. Until then I'm not hurting one single person by believing this.

By sharing what you beleive, it has already had an effect.

If you try to teach this to another, it has even greater lasting effect.

Regards Tony

I've never seen space with my own two eyes..
Idk what that means.

I have been in awe at the tops of the rockies, Sierras and cascades...definitely contemplated G!d, creation and our universe laying out at night watching the northern lights ripple across the sky in Alaska. Amazed at the stretch and breadth of all the bright stars of the milky way. And stared at planets, and stars, and star creating clouds thru telescopes (albeit with only one eye) it for me, the enormity of the expanse of space is what leads some to cementing their belief in an almighty creator and me to respecting the scientists who came before me.

Honestly do you think I could be led astray from Jesus?? He is my Rock and my Redeemer my Cornerstone. It isn't unquestioning .. I question Him all the time. To the point I've been chastised by Him for doing so. He told me almost audibly in my brain "It is not for you to question me"
Thomas the apostle, part of the inner circle, was not damned for doubting.

It is not for us to question G!d's intent, or plans if you will. But to better understand what makes Him tick, I think He actually enjoys letting a genuine seeker sneak a peek behind the curtain from time to time.

In other words, it is not my place to tell G!d He is wrong, that things should be different. It is acceptable to try to understand why things are the way they are.

Back