The Mystery of God’s Will Unfolding in this Matrix

Baha'u'llah didn't even really know about the existence of Buddhist and Hindu celibates as of any relevance to his parochial middle eastern Abrahamic concerns, imo
Did Jesus know about the existence of Buddhist and Hindu celibates? The Bible does not write about them. Being the first and the Last the answer can only be yes. A Station that is also applicable to the Last. They had innate, all encompassing, infallable knowledge.

Abdul'baha was also able to discuss with all people from all Faiths aspects of their faiths. Abdul'baha got this knowledge from His Father.

Regards Tony

Last edited:

She explains Baha'i doctrines in a way I found easier to comprehend, as well.

Hi.

She wrote:
“Are there any signs that the permanent peace of the world will be established in anything like a reasonable period?” `Abdu’l-Bahá was asked. “It will be established in this century,” He answered. “It will be universal in the twentieth century. All nations will be forced into it.”
`Abdu’l-Bahá in Canada (Ontario: Bahá’í Canada Publications, 1987), p. 35.​
After these expectations were dashed

She is going to base "these expectations" within "the twentieth century" on this inauthentic source? That is not from Abdu'l-Baha's writings.

Did Abdu'l-Baha expect "the permanent peace of the world" in one hundred years? This entire expectation is based on mistranslations and misunderstandings. See here.

see it is addressing all Monks in the Tablets, no matter what Faith, all that call on God, even if only addressed to the Pope..
So did he expect the Pope to have it translated into 300 Eastern languages and printed out and sent to all the Buddhist monasteries to pin up on their notice board for all the monks to read it?

Nuns too, of course -- lose no time having those babies to praise Baha'u'llah

"Hey guys, you really need to take a look at this ..."

If he wanted his instructions to monks to quit and marry to reach them all, Baha'u'llah should have sent a letter also to the Greek and Russian Orthodox Pope because the Orthodox church has a strong monastic tradition.

(edited)

Last edited:
Did Abdu'l-Baha expect "the permanent peace of the world" in one hundred years? This entire expectation is based on mistranslations and misunderstandings. See here.
This is obviously a good explanation. Thank you

However the fact is that many Baha'i did believe 'within this century' to mean that, and were not equipped with the proper understanding of 'within this era'? It was not corrected for them, and was a driving force for their belief at the time?

"If you weren’t a Baha’i in the late 1900’s you may not realize that we were under the impression that the Lesser Peace would be established by the end of the century. We believed there was an urgent need to donate to the building of the World Center in Haifa, Israel, so the Faith would be ready for the mass conversions that were imminent ...

The new spin is that there’s a “kingdom of peace” which indeed has been established, but it is not yet visible. That’s based on this quote:

“The kingdom of peace, salvation, uprightness, and reconciliation is founded in the invisible world, and it will by degrees become manifest and apparent through the power of the Word of God!”
– ‘Abdu’l-Baha

It is also just one part of what is covered by the blog post?

"The flowery translation of Baha’u’llah’s writing into Elizabethan English, to make it resemble the King James Version of the Bible, was not enough to impress most people of the divinity of the “Blessed Beauty.”

In fact, most people these days have no desire to read.

Baha’i is a religion for intellectuals… people who could possibly read the voluminous writings of the founders of the Baha’i Faith ..."

(edited)

Last edited:
"If you weren’t a Baha’i in the late 1900’s you may not realize that we were under the impression that the Lesser Peace would be established by the end of the century. We believed there was an urgent need to donate to the building of the World Center in Haifa, Israel, so the Faith would be ready for the mass conversions that were imminent ...
I became a Baha'i in early 1984, it was never my understanding that it would all come about by the year 2000. I understood it as established. The establishment of the League of Nations, followed by the United Nations, did indeed establish the foundations for Global cooperation and peace, yet a different structure is required.

I agree there was an expectation of entry by troops, yet our expectations are all based in our need for things to happen in our lifetime.

Regards Tony

Baha’i is a religion for intellectuals…
ROFLOL, sorry the opposite of me.

Yet I do read because Baha'u'llah offered we should immerse ourselves in the ocean of God's Word, to find the pearls hidden in the depths

Regards Tony

Last edited:
So did he expect the Pope to have it translated into 300 Eastern languages and printed out and sent to all the Buddhist monasteries to pin up on their notice board for all the monks to read it?

Nuns too, of course -- lose no time having those babies to praise Baha'u'llah

"Hey guys, you really need to take a look at this ..."

If he wanted his instructions to monks to quit and marry to reach them all, Baha'u'llah should have sent a letter also to the Greek and Russian Orthodox Pope because the Orthodox church has a strong monastic tradition.

(edited)
That would have been the apex of what the Pope could have done. The world would be a different place.

God always chooses to spread the Faith via those that embrace it. Indirectly it is also spread by those that appose it. In fact, it is opposition and the blood of martyrs that do greatly influence the spread of the Messages God gives.

Regards Tony

That would have been the apex of what the Pope could have done. The world would be a different place.
The world would be a different place because monks of all religions all got married?

@Tony Bristow-Stagg

Surely Baha'u'llah being so all knowing would understand the unlikelihood of the Pope distributing his letter to Buddhists? If he really wanted all the monks in the world to marry and have children, could he not have contacted them directly, instead of laying the blame on the Pope?

Perhaps, according to you, the world would already be a different place by now?

Last edited:
@Tony Bristow-Stagg

Surely Baha'u'llah being so all knowing would understand the unlikelihood of the Pope distributing his letter to Buddhists? If he really wanted all the monks in the world to marry and have children, could he not have contacted them directly, instead of laying the blame on the Pope?

Perhaps, according to you, the world would already be a different place by now?
I see that is the nature of our choices RJM. I see this is why the Bible says many are called, but few are chosen.

Faith has always been built on people sacrificing their wills and their desires to the God given Message, it has never been built upon spontaneous wholesale acceptance.

Many Bible passages hint of how the faith is given in a veiled manner.

The parable of the Vineyard, Matthew 20:1-16 and that Christ comes like a Thief in the Night, such as;

Revelation 16:15
Matthew 24:43
1 Thessalonians 5:2

Regards Tony

You know it is deeper than that. It would mean the Pope had embraced the Message given by Baha'u'llah.

Regards Tony
Effectively instructing the Pope to accept the authority of Muhammad and the Qur'an over Christians? And ordering him to acknowledge Baha'u'llah as new Christ the Father?

Yeah -- Baha'u'llah knew THAT wasn't going to happen. So why write it?

It's a rabbit hole

She is going to base "these expectations" within "the twentieth century" on this inauthentic source? That is not from Abdu'l-Baha's writings.

Yes, I think there was a similar complaint in the comments. I probably should have linked a different article on her blog, the main reason I referenced her wasn't because of her comments on Abdu'l-Baha's writing, but more because of her insight into Baha'i theology. One thing I learned from her blog that I hadn't seen explicitly mentioned elsewhere is the Baha'i desire and expectation for everyone (or at least most people) in the world to convert to Baha'i in the future. I think this is referred to as the Great Peace? Which, fair enough on the hope that everyone will convert to their faith, because that is something other religions want too. However, the idea that everyone WILL convert to Baha'i (or at least most people will) is something I didn't know featured in Baha'i thought until I read her blog. Baha'ull'ah's claiming of authority to instruct people in other faiths makes more sense to me in this light.

I'm confused by this line of thought.

I really need my living room cleaned right now. If I expect a crew to come clean it, will they show up? :D
Each of us is the cleaning crew, each of us get to react to God's Message.

We and You are the only person that can change ourselves/yourself. Jesus said the level of change required was for a person to pick up the cross and follow him.

Many want the cross carried for them, just like the person waiting for someone else to clean their room.

Christianity, Islam and many Faiths now sit waiting for someone to clean the room, the world wants for someone to clean the room. Many Baha'is sit and wait for someone to clean the room.

Much can be offered about the change needed, the key to me, founded in the Word of God from all the Holy Books, is the realisation of the Oneness of Humanity, born out of the Oneness of God.

Regards Tony

Thank you for this resource, by the way. I've been exploring this man's blog to learn more about the Baha'i faith but it appears like he's not been treated very well by the Baha'i administrative authority: https://senmcglinn.wordpress.com/about/about-dissenrolment/.
Sen has been on many forums I have participated in. I admire his academic ability and have participated in his Blogs.

The key here is found in submission. One side of this story will always be confidential, between Sen and the Universal House of Justice.

There is no individual that can give sanctions, it has to be a decision by the elected 9 members. From what I currently know, there has been no decision that was not unanimous.

In the end the greatest test for an individual, is submission. The Writings offer even if we are right, and the majority have made an incorrect decision (which we are assured the Universal House of Justice is guarded against, local and national not so assured), we are told we must submit to the elected bodies, as only by that submission can the wrong become manifested.

Regards Tony

Last edited:
we are told we must submit to the elected bodies, as only by that submission can the wrong become manifested.
Or maybe never?
The key here is found in submission. One side of this story will always be confidential, between Sen and the Universal House of Justice.

There is no individual that can give sanctions, it has to be a decision on the elected 9 members. From what I currently know, there has been no decision that was not unanimous.
Are they required to supply reasons? Am I allowed to know why I have been cancelled?

Last edited:
Back