What do you look like?

oh, lol. dont feel so bad. (ROFLMAO).
but i prefer indoor cricket. do you have that where you are.?
indoors, in nets, the game only goes for bout 90 mins. 8 in a team. you bat for 4 overs for each pair, when you get out, its -5 . side nets are different scores. The bowlers each bowl for 2 overs.....and after 16 overs you change over... those who were fielding now are the batting side.
It used to be on tv here (the national and international competition). Its lightening quick and thrilling to watch. Even i play, even tho im NOT lightening quick or thrilling to watch,,,,,,,, (more like a comedy of errors). But I have fun.
Yes, we do have a few sporting stars, but strength of character is just as important.
Some of our sporting stars are, um , shall we say, bloody embarasssing....(shane warne etc).But thats a whole different story.......
I have favourites in teams other than Australia.....Shoab Aktar, Saschen Tendulkar, true champions and from what i have heard, nice guys as well.....oh and my personal favourite,,,,,,,,imran khan. LOL. (ok, i AM motivated by his good looks as well. LOL)

LOL @ Imran Khan. Btw you think Warne is embarrasing? WoW :eek: Now that is surprising, thought he'd be the most popular cat in Australia. Maybe you would be equally surprised if I tell you a lot of people in Pakistan feel the same way about Shoaib Akhtar !!! Hes from my home town, and damn am I embarrassed LOL. Zero "strength of character" there.... hope these new kids develop some character soon though !!!!

Yea at my university there are indoor teams but I never bothered. We Pakistanis have this system of cricket we play with a taped up tennis ball outdoors. but no one has time for cricket these days anyway.

wow, see, im embarassed by shane warne and you are by Shoaib Aktar!!!
Wll, its to bad that no one has time for cricket these days..... all work and no play...?
Im pleased you are getting a university education.....Thats more than most do, even over here... ok, hi ho hi ho its off to work i go...LOL

wow, see, im embarassed by shane warne and you are by Shoaib Aktar!!!
Wll, its to bad that no one has time for cricket these days..... all work and no play...?
Im pleased you are getting a university education.....Thats more than most do, even over here... ok, hi ho hi ho its off to work i go...LOL

LOL nice rhyming skillzzz.
cant learn that in uni ;)

Have a good one grey.

ah, cricket, i like cricket.......

Ah Yes, cricket.
I haven't played the game since last I was in San Francisco, California, all to many years ago - 'Twas also the last time that I had done much sailing.

Oops, there is a 8-point buck and a doe outside on the lawn, I think that I shall watch their antics for a bit - bye.

I wonder... is there any sport you Aussies are not good at?

Ice Hockey...
Hockey...
Nascar...
Snow boarding...
Tennis...
Tic Tac Toe...
Basketball...
Hopskotch...
Archery...
Badminton....
Fencing...
LaCrosse...
Football...
Hide and seek...
Ski Jumping...
Cross country....
Baseball.....
Sumo...
Kick Boxing..
Pick up sticks...
Skiing...
Figure Skating...
Equestrian...
Sober contests..
Swimming...
Blob sledge...
Javelin...
Bowls..
Bowling...
Pole Vaulting....

like seriously man... my whole life Australia has been dominating Cricket. Except for when we had Wasim and Waqar :) Ah.. those were the days.

They can play rugby and cricket... :/ wow.... ;)

We also won an Americas Cup (once, i think). LOL.
Just tell us we cant, and we will see what happens......
We did lose the world cup (rugby, tho). Damn those Kiwis. LOL.

oh, alex, we can do all those sports....... see Steven Bradbury, (last winter olympics, a gold medal I do belleive in ice/speed skating). We have many winter olympic athletes, actually all of the above.
Also Mua Thai(?) kickboxing, current female champion (narelle....) lives in my town.....
I could go on, but Id only embarass you. LOL>

lol. i actually had a closer look at your list Alex.... LOL. Umm, Im no sports nut, but im pretty sure we are way up there in most of them sports, cept of course, Ice hockey, and the americanish sports that we do play but perhaps not quite as good as some.eg. baseball etc. but really, alex, swimming???? come on, dont you know that to be an aussie you ahve to be born with fins, gills and webbed feet??? LOL

Nascar...

Ummm...I *like* Nascar (and pretty much any kind of auto racing)...but Nascar isn't a sport, at least not in any sense that comes close to what you imply with the rest of the list.

I would also quibble about tic-tac-toe...that's a board (bored? :D ) game, not a sport.

Attachments

• Img_00281.jpg
    Img_00281.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 328
Back