Finish the sentence: "I love it when...."

Mmmm....sounds wonderful, Phyllis! Just tell your neighbors that you are practicing aromatherapy, and the aroma of roasting garlic has been proven to lower stress and blood pressure. Yup, ya don't even have to eat it to reap the benefits! Of course, I would never not eat it, except for certain times like when I know I am going to have to share a microphone with someone or something:) . But then, that is why I grow peppermint (for my inner grooming) and lavender (for the outer!)

InPeace,
InLove

I love it when "Jack Halyard" works for many months on music, and then mixes it up and I get to listen to it (just a demo--always just a demo:) ).

He does not fool me one bit, even if he fools himself--no amateur, this artist--a true artist lives for love and inspiration and the passing on of it--not for anything else but Love. Rarely does the world notice--and even more rarely does the true artist recognize his contribution.

I am grateful, and I love it when I can be a part of it.

Totally InLove:)

Similarly, I love it when I write a new song and it sounds so right. Then I record it and put in on the web for my friends all over the world to listen to and they tell me they love it.

Im pretty sure they're just being nice, but it's a good feeling anyway.

I love it when my buds send me links so I can listen to their music :) . (That is a hint, please?)

I will love it someday when "Jack" submits his links as well--even though I may be on some of his music, well it is still his, and I can't do it....(yet)

Well, I could, but it wouldn't be right.:eek:

InPeace,
InLove

I love it when a new Harry Potter book gets released!!!

I just hate that I always finish it within 2 days and then have to wait another couple of years for the next one.

COME ON JENNY, HURRY IT ALONG A BIT!!!!

I love it when I hear from old friends--some on the net that some would say I never met--and some in which case there would be no dispute. All in one day, too.:)

I love it when I resolve to finish reading the Harry Potter stuff, if only because Awaiting_the_fifth and my best friend that he doesn't know about and a bunch of people including lunamoth talked so much about it on another thread a long time ago (I know this sentence is not making grammatical sense--isn't it wonderful???) but most of all because Okie's dog Wayne is a fundamentalist:D.

Heads up, Phyllis--I love it when I finally give up and let that poor kitty roam because she just wants to so badly, and just before the sun goes completely down, she finds her way back home and over the fence and into the house and on the windowsill right here beside me now.

I just love it.

InPeace,
InLove

I love it when, after many days of three-digit temperatures, there comes an afternoon of gentle rain. I sit on the patio and give thanks, as I watch the Mexican petunias and Purple heart perk up and lift their heads to the sky. I see the garlic chives in glorious bloom, their lacy white flowers dot the air above the long green aromatic leaves. I love it when a hummingbird hovers two feet away from me for more than a minute. Does he think I am a flower? Well, he may be the only one, but I am as honored as if I had just seen a shooting star.

I go inside and put on "Ladies of the Canyon" and light the lavender candle in the kitchen and go about the blessing of making my home and our dinner. The earth around me is healing, and so am I.

InPeace,
InTranquility,
InLove

I love it when not planning comes together so synchronistically....

My kids and I just had an awesome vacation...in three digit weather...and the AC on the car broke down...and we knew what we were going to do on Thursday afternoon, but we left the Saturday before and just allowed ourcellves to wander....afterall gas is only $3 a gallon...wonderful week, life is truly a blessing.

flowperson said:
InLove:

I love it when you write things like that.

Peace...flow....:)

Awwh, shucks, flow....thanks!:)

And I agree, Wil; Ain't spontaneity great, especially when we aren't planning it?

And I love it when people post on this thread.:)

InPeace,
InLove

I love it when, I stand on the shores of far away places, see the different human faces, travel through land, sea, air, watched man walk on the moon, and orbit the earth and note the amazing difference of spaces...I have seen and experienced but a glimpse, of the wonders of this universe. And I have held my first born son in my arms during his first few minutes of life in this "brand new world", gazed deep into his eyes, as they searched mine, and realized, that to him, "I am the wonders of the universe"...:eek:

Hard to beat (or Heart to beat). ;)

v/r

Q

wil said:
I love it when not planning comes together so synchronistically....

My kids and I just had an awesome vacation...in three digit weather...and the AC on the car broke down...and we knew what we were going to do on Thursday afternoon, but we left the Saturday before and just allowed ourcellves to wander....afterall gas is only $3 a gallon...wonderful week, life is truly a blessing.
Hi Wil, I was wondering where you were. Good to see you back and glad you had a great trip with your kids. :)

luna

I love it when a simple conversation creates the "lightbulb effect", whether in a kitchen, in a cafe or some other "informal" setting (especially a rather confusing topic and the people involved in the dialogue don't have the same "first language".)

I love it when people who enter my apartment ask about the "cooking smells" especially when I'm vaccuming the carpet (I hate the potpourri carpet/room deodorizers, so I have a jar of baking soda mixed with cinnamon that I use instead, and it smells "homier" than the scented air fresheners imho.)

I love it when a "skittish" :kitty: comes over to me and lets me know s/he trusts me.

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

cavalier said:
I love it when I can look in the mirror and see my faults
:D I love it when I can look in the mirror and see "past" my faults...

Hi, Peace All--

I love it when my dad calls me up on the telephone when I have a million things to do. He claims it is a quick "hello" just to see how I am doing. Of course, we both know that the "quick" part never happens, because we enjoy our conversations too much.

This happened today. I love his stories, in part because many of them are true. Want to hear what he told me today? Huh, do ya???

I'll take that as a "yes", mostly because y'all aren't really in a position to defend yourselves, now are you?

Before I begin, let me first submit the following disclaimer: There may be some politically incorrect language. However, keep in mind, please, that my dad is of Cherokee heritage, and I am almost old enough to have been a real hippie, but my plans to do so never evolved. And I am a Christian. I love my country, too. Okay-- I think I have covered all parties who might be offended, with the possible exception of the Greyhound bus company. That said, here is the true story my dad related to me today, as we were discussing the pros and cons of traveling on trains and buses during our “quick hello”.

One day, back in the sixties, my dad was on a Greyhound bus. He didn't tell me why he was the bus, just that he was. While on this bus, he observed a situation taking place between what he describes as, "A drunk Indian, a hippie, and a Greyhound bus driver."

Apparently, the "Indian" was not only extremely drunk, but quite patriotic. It seems that the hippie had just been drafted, and might, for all dad knew, have been on his way "out-of-town" in accord with his political convictions.

In any case, the hippie was doing his best to go unnoticed, possibly for more than one reason, since, as dad and everyone else on the bus would soon learn, the young man had not purchased a ticket. The drunk Indian was actually the one causing all the noise, but the bus driver could not do anything about him because he was on the outside of the bus, jumping up in the window, singing at the top of his lungs: "You're in the Army, now, you S.O.B.!"

Well, as you might imagine, the hippie kept sinking lower and lower in his seat, but because of the ruckus being staged by the patriotic drunk, invisibility was becoming less and less of a possibility. It did not take long before the bus driver, who had a job to get on with, marched down the aisle and grabbed the hippie by the ear and threw him off the bus, all the while glaring threateningly at the inebriated soloist, who wasted no time leaving on his own, his probable objective having been accomplished.

After the bus had left the depot, an elderly lady in the front seat commented to the bus driver: "My, that took some courage!" (My dad was observing the fearlessness of the driver as well, but not for the same reason. Dad was simply amazed at the speeds at which the driver seemed comfortable.) Apparently, the bus driver was also an armchair (or steering wheel, as the case may be) comedian and philosopher, because he answered with the following "parable":

"There was a priest, an evangelist, and a bus driver who all died in an accident one day." (This statement did not ease my dad’s apprehension, by the way.) “While in line at the pearly gates” the driver continued, “a staff member of St. Peter’s office prompted, ‘Occupation and good deeds, please?

The priest answered, ‘I have personally counseled thousands of parishioners in my lifetime’. ‘Wait here,’ said the angel, and he proceeded to ask the same question of the evangelist.

‘Praise the Lord!’ the evangelist replied. ‘Why, I have spread the Gospel to millions of people around the world and collected the same in dollars for Jesus!’

‘Okay, umm, sir,’ the angel fumbled, ‘could you take a seat right over there for a minute?’

When the bus driver’s turn came, he was immediately allowed to pass through the gates. (Y’all saw that one coming, didn’t ya?)

‘Hey, wait a minute!’ exclaimed the men of the cloth. ‘We don’t understand! How come you let him in, and we have to wait for St. Peter’s personal approval?’

‘Oh, well,’ replied the angel. ‘When he said he was a Greyhound bus driver, we figured he had scared the hell out of enough people that it safe to let him go on in.’”

I love it when my dad calls for a quick “hello”:D

InPeace,
InLove

I love it when, on a day when everything seems stagnant and stalled, and the neighbors of the world just seem so uncomfortable with each other, a knock comes at my door. I look out the window, but whoever knocked is gone. Relieved, in a way, that no one wants anything from me, I am still a bit disappointed because, even though the awkward silence was broken, it was only for a moment.

Maybe it is simply hope that compels me to open the door and attempt to solve the mystery. Like so many times before, I find hope really does pay. For there, tucked neatly inside the storm door is a package I've been expecting. Inside is a lovely gift from the heart of a lovely person.

The world just got a little more exciting, and a little less uncomfortable.:)

InPeace,
InLove

I love it when opportunity presents itself...

Hi elme--nice to meet you!:)

InPeace,
InLove

Back