Finish the sentence: "I love it when...."

I love it when people ask legitimate questions when they truly wish to understand unfamiliar terms.

"Wangstmuffin" comes from the word "angst" (the psych term, not the measurement.) "Wangst" is so far beyond "angst" that you would have to ask Nick the Theosophist to fly the distance between using his "day-job vehicle", with a refueling stop somewhere during the trip.

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

I love it when people ask legitimate questions when they truly wish to understand unfamiliar terms.

"Wangstmuffin" comes from the word "angst" (the psych term, not the measurement.) "Wangst" is so far beyond "angst" that you would have to ask Nick the Theosophist to fly the distance between using his "day-job vehicle", with a refueling stop somewhere during the trip.

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

Oops, Nick the Pilot, not Nick the Theosophist. Please hand me the linguini that's soaking over there. Thank you. *commences the twenty lashes*

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

Thank you, pfw--you are very kind. I like reading your posts, too. :)

Phyl, thanks for the explanation. And I think linguini lashing is too harsh. After all, the Pilot and the Theosophist are by self proclamation one and the same.

I have to admit something, though. All these "--osophies" and "--ologies" of late are twisting my tongue up in knots! Please don't anyone take this the wrong way, but am I the only one with a strange desire to sift thistles?

I realize this may earn me both the comfy chair and the pasta fine (or is that the fine pasta?) But sometimes a woman's just gotta say what a woman's gotta say. :D

InPeace,
InLove

Thank you, pfw--you are very kind. I like reading your posts, too. :)

Phyl, thanks for the explanation. And I think linguini lashing is too harsh. After all, the Pilot and the Theosophist are by self proclamation one and the same.

I have to admit something, though. All these "--osophies" and
"--ologies" of late are twisting my tongue up in knots! Please don't anyone take this the wrong way, anyone, but am I the only one with a strange desire to sift thistles?

I realize this may earn me both the comfy chair and the pasta fine (or is that fine pasta?) But sometimes a woman's just gotta say what a woman's gotta say. :D

InPeace,
InLove
Nope, not for you. I got this dandy hand cranking machine that allows you to make lots of pasta. You will make a ton. (6 through 8) in grade, plus linguini (standard 8). Most of it will be wheat, but one quarter will be wheat/spinach mixed.

well...get moving! (lol) :eek: :eek:

That was good, Josh--I'm workin' on it. Kind of a mixed grill or buffet sorta thing. But I really love the main course. ;) :D

InPeace,
InLove

I love it when, after a long day on this battlefield we call life, I can look back on it and know that I have been honest with everyone, including myself and Love. I have fought the good fight. Even cheerleaders must decide what it is they will cheer.

And then there are those Texas sundowns. How they speak to me.

InPeace,
InLove

I love it when there are so many great threads to read! I love it when I can't hold back the giggles. :)

And I love it when people speak from the heart.

I love it when people listen with the heart.

I love it when true wisdom is present.

I love it when no one has to be afraid.

I love it when I am in awe of the brilliant contributions that people from so many walks of life throw out here to be read by anyone who can.

I love it.

InPeace,
InLove

Haha! Yes.

I love it also when fear withers, leaving light streaming through the branches of a vibrant tree with spring returning.

I love it when I wake up at 5:30 in the morning, unable to sleep for the possibilities of the day.

I love it when I throw back the covers, put on some passable clothes, and head out the door at 5:40, on a walk to nowhere in particular.

I love it when the cracked husks of weeds still persist through the gravel. I know some call them "invasive" but to me they are ingenious punk rock plants that dig in their roots wherever they land. They ain't trying to harm the native plants, they just bein' them flourishing selves.

I love it when I don't have to go punch a clock and can spend three hours watching a documentary, pausing it frequently and taking notes.

I love it when after that, feeling intellectually exhausted, hungry, and a bit defeated, I simmer rice with onion, celery, garlic, later adding carrots, and finally topping it off with sauteed onions and kidney beans.

I love it when my dog sees that I have a carrot and gives me that look that says, "Carrot!! Please?" And I love that I can talk to her in a certain voice, get her even more excited about the carrot as I chop part of it into tiny pieces for her. Finally, I love it when I put it in her dish and it is gone in less than five seconds. Then the whole cycle starts over. "More!!" is what her eyes and body language communicate to me.

I love it that I have the opportunity to deeply examine and introspect, and in doing so, find a profound and simple meaning in a hopelessly scrambled and confused environment.

Love it.

Hi,

I love it when I notice that there's no members online and so I take all my clothes off and run around the gardens whooping with joy and hurdling over the little dividing fences, drunk on the freedom of the fresh air. But then I notice that there's forty seven guests online.....:eek: :eek: :eek:

s.

Not to worry snoop...they're probably mostly machines that wouldn't understand your joy dances anyway. Come to think of it, maybe I wouldn't either if witnessed.

flow....:cool:

I love it when I'm right, everyone else thinks I'm wrong and three hours later they're all coming up to me to let me know I was right (happened at work today... aahh, it's a good feeling :)

I love it when hummingbirds return to my feeder for the summer.

flow....:p
I don't. the little suckers stab eachother with their bills, like swords...they're so territorial, and MEAN. I gotta put feeders 150 feet apart just to keep the peace. :mad:

Hi Q...I've only got one feeder so there's no conflict at mine since the little suckers are kind of sparse in the desert. They'll chase each other away from time to time and play hide and seek, but I haven't seen the stabbing stuff. But then... you live in Maryland which borders on Washington D.C. ! Some very vicious stuff goes on there I hear.

flow....:eek:

Hi Q...I've only got one feeder so there's no conflict at mine since the little suckers are kind of sparse in the desert. They'll chase each other away from time to time and play hide and seek, but I haven't seen the stabbing stuff. But then... you live in Maryland which borders on Washington D.C. ! Some very vicious stuff goes on there I hear.

flow....:eek:
um, I was referring to humming birds, not Congress...:rolleyes: :D

I'll take the birds anyday...they make less of a mess most of the time. :rolleyes:

Back