FOG

The fog comes
on little cat feet.

It sits looking
over harbor and city
on silent haunches
and then moves on.

BuzzLY said:
I love it when I protect the galaxy from the threat of invasion from the Evil Emperor Zurg, sworn enemy of the Galactic Alliance. Well that and being Bo Peep's "moving buddy" of course.

I love it when super-heroes come with nursery rhymes to save the day!

Jack and Jill went up the hill
To fetch a pail of water.
Jack fell down and broke his crown,
And Jill came tumbling after.

Then up Jack got and home did trot
As fast as he could caper;
To Old Dame Dob who patched his nob
With vinegar and brown paper.

When Jill came in how she did grin
To see Jack's paper plaster;
Mother vexed, did whip her next,
For causing Jack's disaster.

Now Jack did laugh and Jill did cry
But her tears did soon abate;
Then Jill did say that they should play
At see-saw across the gate.

To infinity and beyond.

Jack and Jill went up the hill
To fetch a pail of water.
Jack fell down and broke his crown,
And Jill came tumbling after.

Then up Jack got and home did trot
As fast as he could caper;
To Old Dame Dob who patched his nob
With vinegar and brown paper.

When Jill came in how she did grin
To see Jack's paper plaster;
Mother vexed, did whip her next,
For causing Jack's disaster.

Now Jack did laugh and Jill did cry
But her tears did soon abate;
Then Jill did say that they should play
At see-saw across the gate.

To infinity and beyond.

Isn't that an "oxymoron"? :eek:

No Q...an oxymoron is someone who walks into an oxygen bar and sticks the tube in his/her ear...oxymoron.

flow....:D

I thought that was assinine (not you, the acts in and the concept of an oxygen "bar").

Everybody knows you make friends with a welder and get all the free oxygen you want...:cool:

Oh dear! I can't even say anything, because I have absolutely no idea what you guys are talking about.

Abandon thread!!!

NOT!

Happy New Year's Eve Eve, y'all--

Be safe and warm and happy, and auld lang zyne and all that jazz. :)

The only welder I ever saw that I wanted to make friends with was the heroine in the film Flashdance...mmmmmm....happy new years indeed.

flow....:)

I thought that was assinine (not you, the acts in and the concept of an oxygen "bar").

Sorry again Q, but there are "oxygen bars" operating in most major cities these days. Waay past the concept stage I'm afraid my friend. Just like ten years ago people began to pay for pure water, now inevitably they ( or should I say we ) are beginning to believe that we must pay for a few breaths of pure oxygen. I see a subtle message here, or am I just being weird again ?
Do not answer that question.
Happy New Year !

flow....:)

I love it when I have the perfect excuse for a "long winter's nap", too...

Welcome, Nat! :)

InPeace,
InLove

Happy New Year's Eve Eve, y'all--

Be safe and warm and happy, and auld lang zyne and all that jazz. :)

Heh. And I bet none of you, OR a RARE one here or there actually knows the lyrics to Auld Lang Syne... The song soooo many sing every year... Yet most haven't got a clue about the words.. I find that, funny. Isn't also odd that song is like from the 16th - 17th century from primitive scotish clans.... Yet it's still here, world wide today...

17th Angel said:
Heh. And I bet none of you, OR a RARE one here or there actually knows the lyrics to Auld Lang Syne... The song soooo many sing every year... Yet most haven't got a clue about the words.. I find that, funny. Isn't also odd that song is like from the 16th - 17th century from primitive scotish clans.... Yet it's still here, world wide today...

I was just thinking about that the other day. (And sorry about spelling it with a "z"--it's habit.) No, we really don't, as a rule, pay much attention, do we? I have another set of lyrics somewhere, and I don't think they say the same as these, but here goes:

AULD LANG SYNE

Should auld acquaintance be forgot,
And never brought to mind?
And days of auld lang syne?
And days of auld lang syne, my dear,
And days of auld lang syne.
And days of auld lang syne?

We twa hae run aboot the braes
And pu'd the gowans fine.
We've wandered mony a weary foot,
Sin' auld lang syne.
Sin' auld lang syne, my dear,
Sin' auld lang syne,
We've wandered mony a weary foot,
Sin' auld ang syne.
We twa hae sported i' the burn,
From morning sun till dine,
But seas between us braid hae roared
Sin' auld lang syne.
Sin' auld lang syne, my dear,
Sin' auld lang syne.
But seas between us braid hae roared
Sin' auld lang syne.

And ther's a hand, my trusty friend,
And gie's a hand o' thine;
We'll tak' a cup o' kindness yet,
For auld lang syne.
For auld lang syne, my dear,
For auld lang syne,
We'll tak' a cup o' kindness yet,
For auld lang syne.

InPeace,
InLove

You had to go find lyrics though eh? True we don't pay much attention to detail... Becuase I am sure most people if you asked them to translate Auld Lang Syne... Wouldn't be able to... Yet come every year they sing it.... Humming or mubble the bits they know with all their hearts lol.... It could mean... "I hate this world please make this the last year...."

LOL--well the reason I was already thinking about it is that I got a CD for Christmas that has all the words. So, I was ready to dance to this one! :)

InPeace,
InLove

Edited to add: Now you have me thinking of something my husband (who is quite Scottish in ancestry) says often (he borrows it from Mike Meyers (sp?), of course): "If it's not Scottish, it's c-r-r-a-p!":D

Hi,

I love it when...I still my mind and lose my self.

s.

I love it when Snoopy goes through the lounge and responds to all the threads at lightning speed! (I'm outta coffee again, Snoop--wish I had some of yours!) :D

InPeace,
InLove

Hi,

You make it sound like it's a hobby of mine (The Lounge Rush Tango, not the coffee drinking - that's a vocation:p )

s.

Not at all, Snoop--we know you are just having fun and I'm glad you did it because things were really boring!

Okay--I've got news (in more ways than one)!

I love it when I really get peeved about the local school district making a stupid decision to keep the schools open in dangerous weather and road conditions, and I decide to blog in to the local news station and the conversation I am involved in makes it onto the television reports. Yes! I guess maybe one (or a few, anyway) voices can really make a difference. The school district did not change its policy for the day, but judging by the ongoing reports, they are surely wishing they had by now!

I know that there are probably lots of people reading this who make a difference by getting into the "media mix" all the time. But I haven't made much of an impact in this way in a long time. So, it is very satisfying for me, and maybe next time the roads are dangerous around here, the people who make these kind of decisions will proceed with a bit more care.

By the way, it looks like at least half the States are in a kind of deep freeze, or have been recently, so everyone hang in there. Hope everyone here in CR is okay. And California lost its entire crop of winter fruit, I hear. Bummer.

Brighter days to come....

InPeace,
InLove

Back