Marijuana

I've not experienced hallucinations via mushrooms, although I have seen the "purple haze" cast over my visual field.

That is an hallucination.

hal·lu·ci·na·tion
premium.gif
thinsp.png
/həˌlu
thinsp.png
səˈneɪ
thinsp.png
ʃən/
Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[huh-loo-suh-ney-shuh
thinsp.png
n]
Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–noun 1.a sensory experience of something that does not exist outside the mind, caused by various physical and mental disorders, or by reaction to certain toxic substances, and usually manifested as visual or auditory images. 2.the sensation caused by a hallucinatory condition or the object or scene visualized. 3.a false notion, belief, or impression; illusion; delusion.

I'm intrigued after reading the front page and intend to do some in-depth explorations of the site.

Good to hear.. ;)

For my personal experience, LSD scrambles the mind away from rationality or into a hyper-rationality that gets lost and morphs into some really strange thought processes. Yet calling them "thought processes" is not quite correct, so alien does the mind become. Seems like they are some other kind of happening rather than "thoughts" as we know them in our sober, human, rational state. Not only do the "thought processes" morph, but they become transferred into visual and auditory (and probably other types for other people) hallucinations, so that it becomes a full-on sensory experience.

That and Ether can be an.. Erm interesting time..

Exactly... but, still it made your visual levels change.

It is all -personal- effects.... To one person they can see rainbows and hear noise more vibrant on weed... Me it chills me out, the next person could become an insane laugher.... Or an obsessive eater... And it goes like that with all drugs, pretty much.

Yep. And helped kill the "people who smoke pot are all peaceful" meme for myself. :)

I believe the word assasin has its origins in arabic and comes from one who smokes hash having no conscience.

Yep. And helped kill the "people who smoke pot are all peaceful" meme for myself. :)

There are 60 unique chemicals to the marji plant... They are only in this plant and this alone.. The most favourite is obviously THC but there are many more... Some I cannot recall the name but it can cause people not to chill, infact quite the opposite it can kind of bring on a physcotic rage..... Heh, I'll look into this more as I haven't really given much detail eh? lol...

How​
Safe Is Marijuana?

A number of countries are considering legalizing marijuana, mainly for medicinal use. The drug has been found to alleviate the nausea caused by chemotherapy, and it evidently helps AIDS sufferers to overcome loss of appetite. It has also been used as a pain reliever.
While there is disagreement about the results of research findings, tests that were reported on in New Scientist magazine have established some of the harmful effects of marijuana.
A Harvard University test compared a group who smoked marijuana daily with a group who used it less often. They found little difference on standard mental tests. However, on one test dealing with adaptability, the heavy marijuana users scored much lower.
Another university tested a group of regular marijuana smokers and a group of cigarette smokers, over a period of 15 years. The marijuana smokers usually had three or four joints a day, while the cigarette smokers had 20 or more cigarettes a day. Equal numbers from both groups suffered from coughing and bronchitis. Examination of the lungs revealed similar cell damage in both groups.
Although the marijuana smokers indulged much less often, it was found that a single joint releases three times as much tar as a cigarette. Furthermore, New Scientist reported: "Marijuana smokers inhale more deeply and hold their breath longer."
In addition, immune cells from the lungs of the marijuana smokers were found to be 35 percent less capable of fighting bacteria than were cells from the cigarette smokers.​

Marijuana
and Memory Loss

"In a world first," reports The Sydney Morning Herald of Australia, "Sydney researchers have demonstrated what many people have long suspected—that memory loss and lack of concentration caused by smoking marijuana persists long after people stop using the drug." The research, conducted at Macquarie University, confirmed that the damage marijuana causes is proportional to the amount smoked and the duration of the practice. The news gets worse: "These impairments may not be reversible." The study showed that former users suffered the same "cognitive impairments" as those who still smoked marijuana. More than memory is affected, especially for those who have used the drug for five years or more. Such individuals were found to be slower in processing information and less able to focus their attention and avoid distractions. The report concludes that, according to the combined evidence, smoking marijuana actually changes the brain’s physiology.

Marijuana​
and the Heart

"Middle-aged pot [marijuana] users face a fivefold increase in the risk of a heart attack in the hour after they smoke the drug," says Canada’s Globe and Mail in a report on a new study. "Smoking marijuana causes the heart rate to increase—often doubling it—while altering blood pressure . . . It may also trigger a heart attack by causing the formation of a clot, blocking the flow of blood to the heart muscle." Dr. Harold Kalant of the University of Toronto said: "For older people, the increased workload on the heart will be a risk factor for a heart attack." Cocaine is even more dangerous, says the report, because it increases the risk of a heart attack about 25-fold during the first hour after use.​

Drugs—The​
Bible’s View

Of course, marijuana is just one of many popular drugs. But it well illustrates that there is ample reason to avoid taking any mind-altering substances for pleasure. Says the Bible: "The beauty of young men is their power." (Proverbs 20:29) As a young person, you no doubt enjoy good health. Why even risk throwing it away?
More important, though, we have the Bible’s view on this matter. It tells us to "safeguard . . . thinking ability," not to ruin it through chemical abuse. (Proverbs 3:21) It further exhorts: "Let us cleanse ourselves of every defilement of flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in God’s fear." Really, it is only to those who have ‘cleansed themselves of defilement,’ avoiding practices like drug abuse, that God promises: "‘I will take you in.’ ‘And I shall be a father to you.’"—2 Corinthians 6:17–7:1.
Nevertheless, turning down drugs may not be easy​

Mee, I'm assuming that you don't use alcohol either. I don't indulge myself either in alky or MJ these days. Mj helped to give me mild asthma in my 40's that I still live with, but it also gave me much enjoyment and pleasure in the past when it was badly needed.

My opinion is that it is still the best available self-medication out there to relieve stress and to alleviate certain symptoms of chronic and terminal diseases. That's why it's being legalized, it works. And archaeological evidence demonstrates that it was used as long ago as 100,000 years in tribal ceremonies. Everybody's brains have built-in receptors for the cannaboid chemicals !

I see the same studies that you do, but my experiences with MJ have been diffferent than what you have cited. Until you have trod the territory you should not judge, or don't you recognize that concept biblically ?

Your turn 17th.

flow....:rolleyes:

been there, done that. not any more. I dont want the police banging on my door a 5 in the morning. I dont smoke cigarettes anymore either, but I am only concerned with the legalities of it.

It does seem to be something you tend to grow out of. For me the real question is should the state have the right to interfere in what an individual cares to use to seek pleasure. For me there is only one criteria that should define the answer. Does it harm anybody else. If not then the state should have no say in the matter.
Mee, have you tried it? If not you have no valid opinion. If not get some!! Be healthy, bake some fairy cakes, take them down to your next JW get together and get em all high!!..You never know they might even genuinely start giggling and being truly happy!!

Tao

It does seem to be something you tend to grow out of. For me the real question is should the state have the right to interfere in what an individual cares to use to seek pleasure. For me there is only one criteria that should define the answer. Does it harm anybody else. If not then the state should have no say in the matter.
Mee, have you tried it? If not you have no valid opinion. If not get some!! Be healthy, bake some fairy cakes, take them down to your next JW get together and get em all high!!..You never know they might even genuinely start giggling and being truly happy!!

Tao
If you were a company owner, and you were about to hire an employee, who uses pot, and you had trade secrets you did not want expressed publically, yet at a time, they were, and you knew you had employees that used marijuana (which is illegal), who do you think you would look to first, pertaining to a "mole"?

Cigarette smoker, non smoker, drinker, dope user?

Your bias is to go after the dope user. That is SOP. They already break the law, which means they are suspect in breaking your rules as a company head...

Logical.

v/r

Q

been there, done that. not any more. I dont want the police banging on my door a 5 in the morning. I dont smoke cigarettes anymore either, but I am only concerned with the legalities of it.
I fight the stuff, and other stuff. I've seen the damage it does. I take great pleasure in killing that "weed". If not for medical reasons, I would love to see it go extinct.

It is a controlled substance, and there is a reason for such.

v/r

Q

It really doesn't matter what harm it does... Ask any smoker of weed if they really care what it is doing to them.. lol.

However I feel that I will soon not be smoking myself this week I have been down to four joints a day. NOTE: I am not giving up because of health reasons... I still smoke cigarettes lol.. Just I feel it is time I moved on from it...

When I wake up
Lunch time
When I get home
Bed time

:D That is very good for me...

But yeah Mee wtf? You still accept drink and all that crap and even Jesus(saws) drank! I can't be bothered to get into this argument as I have done thousands of times, but you're calling the pot black. :) End of the day no matter what you do it will kill ya...... And drink is FAR worse than weed (pure weed no tobacco and none of that brown rubbish.) And there are so many freaking good things about weed... That it is a big shame people are so freaking closed minded and wear they stupid blinkers all the time.... No bigger picture... It is a plant of peace ;) And magic wonders... Hmm I'm talking myself into not quitting lol....

And Q...

They are breaking the law? Yeah in yanky land but if they are in Holland? Then what...
And that is bollocks..... You're saying you cannot trust a weed smoker? I don't trust christians then.. Cause they play with little boys..... Q you're a pervert. Ugh that has pissed me off so much....... Such a closed minded opinion which NO good will come from..

FLOW: I would agree... It is an awesome way to remove stress... I found out that I actually was having panic attacks... This plant has helped me over come this.... If anyone knows what panic attacks are like they will know... That feeling of having a heart attack... Not good.

Back