What music are you listening to?

Sinéad:
MySpaceTV Videos: An Introduction to Theology by Sinéad O Connor

Sinéad has several peformance coming up this month in Australia:

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Mar 15 2008 - [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]8:00P [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Perth, @ West Coast Blues Festival[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Western Australia[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Mar 18 2008 - [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]8:00P [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Sydney @ State Theatre [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]New South Wales[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Mar 19 2008 - [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]8:00P [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Sydney @ State Theatre[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] New South Wales[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Mar 21 2008 - [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]8:00P [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Byron Bay @ East Coast Blues Festival[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] New South Wales[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Mar 22 2008 - [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]8:00P [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Brisbane @ Convention Ctr [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Queensland[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Mar 23 2008 - [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]8:00P [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Melbourne @ Point Nepean Festival[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Victoria[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Mar 25 2008 - [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]8:00P [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Melbourne @ Palais Theater [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Victoria[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Mar 26 2008 - [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]8:00P [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Sydney @ State theatre[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] New South Wales[/FONT]

I've seen Karl in concert with middle schoolers, 12-14 year olds and High Schoolers 14-18 year olds...they love him. and his music touches their hearts.

Within minutes he has them holding hands and singing...and signing

Angel, Angel
I see an Angel

You are an Angel.

I see an Angel
in your eyes!

Kids that have aversions to expressing love openly, kids that have aversions to close eye contact, holding hands, hugging. All bonding within the first 30 minutes of his concert.

At our youth retreats he is an awesome icebreaker, a great kick off to a weekend, where they get to hear a ton of his stuff by the time its over.

We like to have him attend every few years so they all get the chance to see him once or twice.

Of course we get plenty of good stuff for them inbetween.

They always ask for LeRoy back as well. Take a listen.

Let's see, what goes best with PMS, dark chocolate, a book of Zen koans?
The Ramones, of course! LMAO! Either that, or I just might have to break out the Phillip Glass Ankhnaton Opera CDs. :eek:
{Sometimes absurdity is the best medicine. Better than drugs.} :p

i'm also listening to Enturbulator 009!

they've had their vids removed from most sites as they are, as you can guess, a band that is sort of like Weird Al but their topic is $cientology.

SoundClick artist: Enturbulator 009 - Subversive Subgenii who use humor and music to mock $cientology. Praise BOB, Hail Eris!, and screw L

here's a snippet of some lyircs:

$cientologists call me a bigot. I'm here with the court facts, it's a music picket. It's for all the critics and the lurkers who dig it. Cause we KNOW it gives 'em rickets when we kick it like ths:

Pill poppin', rum swiggin', wife beatin', friend cheatin', check bouncin', ass wobblin, race hatin', goat bombin', homophobic, coke sniffin', chain smokin', salad quizzin', warrant dodgin', no good conman.

L Ron Hubbard was a man of his word, but his words were lies and turds, fat like his thighs. They were so oversized it defies my capacity to measure his insanity. I wonder if he planned to be a fraud like he turned out, all burned out. With no will, then two wills, then dead, with an ass full of vistiril.

Music that mocks $cientology.

He lied for a living, always taking, never giving anything but orders. A hoarder of money and guns and drugs and thugs and intelligence. Its a good thing that his lackeys were incompetent.

Operation Snow White showed right through the disguise of propriety, the mask of legality.
The veneer was stripped away to show us the true face of the Church of $cientology. Their ACTUAL philosophy: Make money, Make more money! (4X)

Mary Sue Hubbard and ten other clams were eventually jailed for a sinister plan to infiltrate and wiretap the world's governments, find info that
could harm them, steal files and documents, and try to sneak away with them.

But guess who got caught in a paranoid plot? WHAT? It was Mary Sue. What's Hubbard gonna do? You think he stepped in to save the day? No f***ing way. That coward hid until his dying day.
Make money, Make more money! (4X)

$cientology. What can be said? sh*** poured from the head of a madman that's dead and gone. There's something very wrong with Ron. His dong don't work. The guys a jerk. His wall of s***: 8 million thick. Charlatan tricks for pompous bi***. For followers who take the fist - El Queso Allstars bring you this:
Make money, Make more money! (4X)

Touchmonkey pops up to p*ss on the clam's crop and drops with the fusion that mocks the illusion. Queso attacks with the facts and the slack that
cause idiot Rondroids confusion.
Make money, Make more money! (8X)

metta,

~v

Last edited:
I listen to everything. I have music in all genres from gregorian chant to the latest head-banging. And music of many different countries. I tend to leave out religious music (and would never listen to music that makes fun of a religion). Altho I do have a love of music that makes fun. I check out any parodies I can find, and I also love cover music (music from one genre done in another). And viral music (dumb ditties that you cant get out of your head after you listen to it)

Just picked up Body of War Songs that Inspired An Iraq War Veteran.
I haven't seen the documentary except for the clips on Bill Moyer's Journal on Friday night. The CD is totally kicka$$ www.bodyofwar.com

Back