1914 ....A significant year in bible prophecy

Very easily. I was reading words. Closing a window. And then typing. I missed them. I am a man I am allowed to make a mistake and all ready admited I did such. If it was purposeful then I will answer to Jesus for it one day.

As for your continued insistance that I purposely left them out. I been around here for a little while and while alot do not agree with things I say, the majority that have been around for awhile know what I do and do not do.

TJ1 said:
I quote from the Bible, not the Watchtower. The only time I do is when someone misquotes it or asks me to.

I have used the NIV, NASB, the American Translation, and the KJV in my replies when proving my beliefs, though the NWT is certainly a fine translation.

So how exactly is it "very easy" to take out six quotation marks which clearly changes the meaning of the article?

Thank you much. :D

TJ

Ignore it. Stick with the Bible. No misquoting allowed there.

Stick with the NWT then, if that is where you are comfortable at. (I personally like the Latin Vulgate, though King James is quite acceptable).

The point is it is an "article" or series of articles, not God ordained scripture. I can show you 16 different versions of an article from a newspaper group all reporting on the same thing at the same hour on the same day. Which is right?

No one is condemning the NWT. But I can tell you for certain, if I were to start quoting Papal Bulls...all of you would go through the roof. What makes one think some other holy post (other than Bible script), wouldn't be considered offensive or ludicrous by others? That's all, nothing personal.

Your faith, must stand on it's own merit according to Biblical scripture (just like mine, and Abogado's, and Dor's, and Faithful's and InLove's, and Wil's, and Kenod's and the newer folk here), and I don't know about Cyperbi. I can't tell if he is Christian or Muslim, or a hybrid (which would indeed be interesting).

That's why we "discuss" points of faith.

Anyway, I've taken too much time up here on the board. Welcome.

v/r

Q

Dor said:
Very easily. I was reading words. Closing a window. And then typing. I missed them. I am a man I am allowed to make a mistake and all ready admited I did such. If it was purposeful then I will answer to Jesus for it one day.

As for your continued insistance that I purposely left them out. I been around here for a little while and while alot do not agree with things I say, the majority that have been around for awhile know what I do and do not do.
I'll take you at your word Dor and assume it was an honest mistake. What I had thought had happened was you copied it from a website where they had intentionally changed the text. This happens quite often. I have actually seen some go as far as making entire false articles which they then claim is from some random Watchtower!

TJ

Hello again TJ1,

I have a favour to ask of you if it's not to much trouble.

Would it be possible for you to also post me the following articles in their context?

As for the time of Christ’s second presence, Daniel’s prophecy is again the one that gives the chronology for it. (Dan. 4:16) It was figured out as pointing to A.D. 1914, and The Watchtower called notice to the significance of 1914 in the year 1879.- Watchtower, Nov 1, 1952

The Scriptural proof is that the second presence of the Lord Jesus Christ began in 1874 A.D. -Prophecy, 1929, pg. 65

Why, then, do the nations not realize and accept the approach of this climax of judgment? It is because they have not heeded the world-wide advertising of Christ’s return and his second presence. Since long before World War I Jehovah’s witnesses pointed to 1914 as the time for this great event to occur.- Watchtower, June 15, 1954

From Mr. Barbour, editor of that publication, Russell also came to be persuaded that Christ's invisible presence had begun in 1874. Attention was later drawn to this by the subtitle "Herald of Christ's Presence," which appeared on the cover of Zion's Watch Tower. -Proclaimers, 1993, pg. 133

Thanks TJ :)

Quahom1 said:
No one is condemning the NWT.
I believe that is exactly what is being done in another thread here. But hopefully I can answer some of those common misconceptions. Still, I personally use a variety of Bible translations. Each one has its own strengths and weaknesses.

Quahom1 said:
But I can tell you for certain, if I were to start quoting Papal Bulls...all of you would go through the roof. What makes one think some other holy post (other than Bible script), wouldn't be considered offensive or ludicrous by others? That's all, nothing personal.
You're right, quoting a pope would do little for me unless he based his statement on the Bible so that I could check it. This is what the Watchtower does, bases its statements on the Bible and directs a person to the relevant parts, but still it is not considered to be inspired or infallible as some claim. But since many, especially online, would get offended or think I'm 'blind' if I quoted from the Watchtower, I wouldn't do that here. I only responded to a mentioning of it to clear up the confusion on what it said exactly.

Quahom1 said:
That's why we "discuss" points of faith.
Witnesses do this daily, both online and off, and we enjoy it!

TJ

I suspect you missed my point entirely...

And you contradicted what your peers have said about mixing with the non believers? According to them, it is not normal for JWs to mix with non JWs, especially on an internet forum.

Not that its needed but Dors my husband and I can testify to the hunt and peck thing.. lol I keep telling him to just get over it and use internet explorer!

Listen... I know JW's get a lot of persecution.. you are taught to expect it so you perhaps see it when its not there.

Peace

Faithfulservant said:
Not that its needed but Dors my husband and I can testify to the hunt and peck thing.. lol I keep telling him to just get over it and use internet explorer!

Listen... I know JW's get a lot of persecution.. you are taught to expect it so you perhaps see it when its not there.

Peace

I think he should take a class in typing 101 (it isn't beneath him...believe me - been there, done that - so grateful).

Quahom1 said:
I suspect you missed my point entirely...
I'm quite sure I got your point, but I'm not sure you got mine. I guess its a draw. ;)

TJ

Faithfulservant said:
Maybe at times, but you have to admit, that's quite a few errors that came together in one post. I don't think I was that far off the mark for suspecting it was deliberate, especially when I have seen it done deliberately like that before.

In any event, there's no harm done, as I posted the corrections. I should add again, I no longer believe Dor did it deliberately.

TJ

In October 1914, Jehovah God set his beloved Son, the Lord Jesus Christ, on the throne in the heavenly Kingdom. At last, the Revelation vision of the Christian apostle John started to become a reality, and the announcement could be made: "The kingdom of the world did become the kingdom of our Lord [Jehovah] and of his Christ, and he [Jehovah] will rule as king forever and ever." (Revelation 1:10; 4:1; 11:15) What glorious news this is and what reason for the greatest happiness on the part of all joint heirs and subjects of that Kingdom!—Revelation 11:17.

While 1914 was not the time for the Kingdom to take complete control of earth’s affairs, it was the time for it to begin its rule.​
Bible prophecy foretold: "In the days of those kings [existing in our time] the God of heaven will set up a kingdom [in heaven] that will never be brought to ruin." (Daniel 2:44) That Kingdom, with Christ as King, started gathering here upon the earth God-fearing people who were desirous of being its subjects.—Isaiah 2:2-4; Matthew 24:14; Revelation 7:9-15.

BlaznFattyz said:
i have the win 3.1 version, lol. it helped me score 55wpm back in the day!

That means you can't have anything newer than a 186 or 286 CPU to run it...man that is old...

1914—The​

Turning Point in History

From the human standpoint, the world troubles and global wars foretold in the Bible were far from the thinking of the pre-1914 world. German statesman Konrad Adenauer said: "Thoughts and pictures come to my mind, . . . thoughts from the years before 1914 when there was real peace, quiet and security on this earth—a time when we didn’t know fear. . . . Security and quiet have disappeared from the lives of men since 1914." People living before 1914 thought that the future "would get better and better," reported British statesman Harold Macmillan The book 1913: America Between Two Worlds notes: "Secretary of State Bryan said [in 1913] that ‘conditions promising world peace were never more favorable than now.’"​
So, right up to the very brink of World War I, world leaders were forecasting an age of social progress and enlightenment. But the Bible had foretold the opposite—that the unprecedented war of 1914 to 1918 would highlight the beginning of "the last days." (2 Timothy 3:1) The Bible also provided chronological evidence that 1914 would mark the birth of God’s heavenly Kingdom, to be followed by unprecedented world trouble. But was anyone living back then aware that 1914 would be such a turning point in history?
Decades before that date, there was an organization of people who were making known the significance of 1914. The New York World of August 30, 1914, explains: "The terrific war outbreak in Europe has fulfilled an extraordinary prophecy. For a quarter of a century past, through preachers and through press, the ‘International Bible Students’ [Jehovah’s Witnesses] . . . have been proclaiming to the world that the Day of Wrath prophesied in the Bible would dawn in 1914. ‘Look out for 1914!’ has been the cry of the . . . evangelists................ yes and how right they were . keep looking and keep awake, the bible is now telling us that False religion is near its end and now is the time to get out of her and let Jehovah take you in . yes its all happening in this time of the end .1914 a very significant date indeed

1914—The​

Turning Point in History

From the human standpoint, the world troubles and global wars foretold in the Bible were far from the thinking of the pre-1914 world. German statesman Konrad Adenauer said: "Thoughts and pictures come to my mind, . . . thoughts from the years before 1914 when there was real peace, quiet and security on this earth—a time when we didn’t know fear. . . . Security and quiet have disappeared from the lives of men since 1914." People living before 1914 thought that the future "would get better and better," reported British statesman Harold Macmillan The book 1913: America Between Two Worlds notes: "Secretary of State Bryan said [in 1913] that ‘conditions promising world peace were never more favorable than now.’"​
So, right up to the very brink of World War I, world leaders were forecasting an age of social progress and enlightenment. But the Bible had foretold the opposite—that the unprecedented war of 1914 to 1918 would highlight the beginning of "the last days." (2 Timothy 3:1) The Bible also provided chronological evidence that 1914 would mark the birth of God’s heavenly Kingdom, to be followed by unprecedented world trouble. But was anyone living back then aware that 1914 would be such a turning point in history?
Decades before that date, there was an organization of people who were making known the significance of 1914. The New York World of August 30, 1914, explains: "The terrific war outbreak in Europe has fulfilled an extraordinary prophecy. For a quarter of a century past, through preachers and through press, the ‘International Bible Students’ [Jehovah’s Witnesses] . . . have been proclaiming to the world that the Day of Wrath prophesied in the Bible would dawn in 1914. ‘Look out for 1914!’ has been the cry of the . . . evangelists................ yes and how right they were . keep looking and keep awake, the bible is now telling us that False religion is near its end and now is the time to get out of her and let Jehovah take you in . yes its all happening in this time of the end .1914 a very significant date indeed

Back