What Movies Have You Seen Recently?

Aparthied was the tip of the iceberg to me. It brought back Japanese internment camps from WW2, abortion issues, what is human/life to be treated equally, following orders, lying politicians, ends justify the means... Twas incredible, the graphics and incredulousness of it all sucked you into everything.

Yeah there were a couple points where I felt they didn't give the audience enough credit though, like the whole biracial thing. Toward the end you have that guy calling him a halfbreed or something. Seemed totally unnecessary. By that time in the film people are either gonna get it or they aren't. One of the aspects of the film I did like is how they showed that a person who's an all around good guy can still be enmeshed in a worldview that engages in a dehumanizing degree of othering. There were some deus ex machina moments that the film could've done without toward the end. I would've liked to have seen the difficulties resolved without them.

I just watched Out of Africa. Funny story behind it...

My mom and dad went to see it before I was born, and my mom liked the soundtrack so much my dad bought it for her to listen to while she was having me.

And then when I was watchin it, I swear I had some kinda post traumatic stress thing goin on because of the music, lol.

Tis so weird. Alright movie though. Streep's danish accent made me want to smack my head against something hard. Not that it was bad. It was just annoying.

Really good movie for it's time though... It's nice watching a movie that doesn't stretch the special effects as much as humanly possible, and consequently pulls off a rather timeless quality. The movie could have almost been made now. I like things like that.

a. The other 61% thinks that evolution means that we descended from apes.

b. They don't want to think that because they feel the black man is between apes and whites.

c. And that means that we would have descended from Black people and that is just intolerable.

Now if someone sat down and showed them that a. was not true, that the apes and us were on parallel lines of evolution not descended from...that would make them happier. But if you said that sorry, but b. is still true...oh my.

Just went to see 9, and then came home and watched crank 2.

... Does it make me a bad person if I liked crank 2 better?

I mean, 9 was awesome. I just was expecting it to be... I dunno... better.

I think I didn't like the plot. Like the whole time, I was like, why should I care about this. Don't get me wrong, I liked it, but I went in thinkin I would like it more.

Crank 2 was just awesome! I got exactly what I was expecting and then some. It was just as good as the first, which was surprising, lol.

I'd recommend both. Specially the latter.

Moon.

Excellent film.

WARNING! Don't watch the trailer cos apparently it "gives too much away" (how idiotic).

Anyway,,,,

I suppose it counts as a science fiction film but not in the teenage zapping aliens style that goes under that banner these days. Rather think 2001, Silent Running or (the original) Solaris.

juan, Tao...I reckon you'll enjoy this. I definitely want to watch it again...

:):):)

s.

oops yes the trailer really does give too much away. :rolleyes::(

OK you just gotta see this one.

oh and the soundtrack by Clint Mansell is also superb, who apparently also did the soundtrack for the remake of Solaris...

s.

I loved the whole concept....as the end played out you went back thru your mind to see all the info...

Like "New York" and "District 9" it challenged conventional wisdom....

I loved the whole concept....as the end played out you went back thru your mind to see all the info...

Like "New York" and "District 9" it challenged conventional wisdom....

You still banging on about NY? ;)

Films I've seen latley.... Hmmm

"Keeping Mum" Filmed here in Cornwall.... Freaking awesome Film made in 2005 I am not sure how I missed it... I think it may of been because it has Rowan Atkinson in it.. And I tend to really...... Really, dislike him. But he stepped out of his usual characters and played the priest of the village of little Wallop really well.... Great film...... I am POSITIVE this is loosley based on true events as I recall seeing something like "women who kill" about female serial killers that had the same kind of story...

Uhm.... Saw "9" It was ok.... Didn't think that much of it...

Uhm.... What else I seen. YEAR ONE!!! LOL! Great film.... Jack Black... He plays this like cave man/primitive monkey/ hunter from a tribe... And him and his buddy 'OH' Get kicked out the tribe and they go on a journey... They meet Cain and Abel.... lol which is cool... OH and their brother Seth! lol what a goon. They Meet the Jews and Then get bored with that and with the risk of their foreskins, leave for Sodom... lol.

Gamer..... That Sucked badly... I felt Like I had been stabbed in the nuts. I read the idea thought cool... Got the old expectations going.... And it was just a modern version of "the running man" which was poorly done in my personal opinion and any that say different are big fat headed liars. *nods*

The tournament..... *makes fart sounds*

Uhm..... Can't think of much else I've seen latley.... Been stuck on my TV series (V, Dexter, Eureka, flashforward and so on...)

Currently watching the old TV series 'V' lol Marc Singer is a god... Chuck Norris has NOTHING on Marc Singer.

Got a film called Shorts.... Gonna watch that sometime soon.... Oh yeah got moon too. I'll watch that at some point too.

Wish list:

I really want to see, "Men that stare at goats." The dude is a drill SGT... How awesome is that.

PLANET 51: lol awesome.

MOON: Was... ok. For people like me you really shouldn't of used "the one and only" song for the alarm clock that instantly confirmed my thoughts lol....

Still wanting to see men that stare at goats :/

Currently loving season 4 of dexter... Tis f'ing gold. And Legend of the seeker season 2! FTW.

Men stare at goats...fun, entertaining.

Dexter, met the fellow that played his partner the other day...tall bald black guy, real nice, didn't know who he was till others told me long after we met.

Pirate Radio...and the story of radio rock...love to hear from folks that lived thru that over in the UK and their thoughts/memories... can't imagine BBC controlling so much of what you hear (not to say we don't have censorship over here)

Yes, he I was visiting a friend from church who had just got out of the hospital and was in rehab, his son had come home from LA to take care of his dad until he got back on his feet. So the three of us sat and talked for a while, it wasn't till after he left to go do some shopping that he told me his son was an actor. I've enjoyed the show, but didn't make the connection.

Did the same a few years back, getting into a health discussion for over an hour over lunch at a raw food place in DC, in the end we exchanged cards and I looked down in my hand at a card from Dick Gregory...10 years prior I had paid for my seat to watch the guy do standup!

I'm great at not knowing who I'm talking to.

Back