What Movies Have You Seen Recently?

Jew's take an eye for an eye. It is in Judaism doctrine.... To destroy evil. I think the scalping act, was more what the act of scalping is that to make the film more violent, They wished to leave a mark of fear on their enemy as an advantage, alike the indian warriors. It was a scare trophy tactic. *shrugs* But yeah all in all it wasn't that great a film, had a few graphic moments but didn't find it an insanely violent film. And I am comparing that to an extremely wide range of examples.

Jew's take an eye for an eye. It is in Judaism doctrine.... To destroy evil. .
I don't believe so. eye for an eye was the maximum penalty....not the norm or expected. But a method of determining how much punishment could be let IN COURT, the punishment could not exceed the crime. But vigilante justice, I don't think so.

As for the scalping you said earlier you didn't understand what I meant by gratuitous violence....you stated it exactly....adding the scalping to make the movie more violent. What has happenned to directors that they have to use such special effects to create the scene, the good ones could have used a disgusted face and a handful of hair to do even more than what was done with the visuals. Plus you credibility when these guys didn't need to grow into their sadistic roles...yeah, murder mayhem, no problemo....

I don't believe so. eye for an eye was the maximum penalty....not the norm or expected. But a method of determining how much punishment could be let IN COURT, the punishment could not exceed the crime. But vigilante justice, I don't think so.

As for the scalping you said earlier you didn't understand what I meant by gratuitous violence....you stated it exactly....adding the scalping to make the movie more violent. What has happenned to directors that they have to use such special effects to create the scene, the good ones could have used a disgusted face and a handful of hair to do even more than what was done with the visuals. Plus you credibility when these guys didn't need to grow into their sadistic roles...yeah, murder mayhem, no problemo....

lol.... Wil, it was a film? Easy tiger lol.

I hyped you up???

17th speaking on Inglourious Basterds:
In a taunting singing tone...

Some, one's, got, the screener, of, Inglourious Basterds...... :D! Might watch it tonight...

Those that have no idea about this... Basically its a bunch of jews that act just as bad as the nazis.... :D Hunting killing torturing stalking the Nazi soldiers in France (WWII era) Kinda upset to begin with, thought it was going to be a white power film like romper stomper or American history X.

Only down side, Quintons last like 3 movies have been utter horse s***.

I didn't aim with that to get anyone hyped!! Or you mean Imort??? She did This? *screams over his shoulder* "Release the peasants!"

Hey, I liked it, plenty of gore and witty lines. I didn't go in looking for some deep peice of fine art. I went in looking for a good laugh and the shock value stuff is just tarantino style. Have you watched like, any of his movies? What were you expecting, lol, an accurate period peice? It's just good entertainment, nothin fancy. Bit of an aquired taste i guess. I liked the end. I think the scalping was a nice touch. *shrugs* To each their own, right?

guess everyone has a different view of 'entertainment' is all. Scalping and bludgeoning with baseball bats just doesn't suit my palate.

So nice to reinforce white lie stereotypes against native americans....not little white lies...but whites lying.

Yeah, I just read a typo of mine.... lol one letter but makes the sentence a complete different thing...

I think the scalping act, was more what the act of scalping is that to make the film more violent

I think the scalping act, was more what the act of scalping is thaN to make the film more violent

I think we play the native american victim card a bit much too... They ain't all the victims they come across as, Oh the indian was such a peaceful, clean and resourceful people... They use every part of the buffalo! :eek:..... :D

But yeah.... The scalping was a method a plot point to give nortority to the Basterds. Naturally if you are looking for a more realisitic story or a film based on actualy WWII events, they're out there.

But this was (even though it may not have been that great) a fantasy set in reality. I spent most of the film translating however :/ as there was hardly any English subs... The majority was in German, french and some italian.

It thought they were alright. Planet terror, well, any zombie movie with me is just the cats pajamas.... Cats... pajamas... where did that come from? (o_@);

Lol, moving on, death proof was ok. It was a little dragging in the middle, I dunno. It was definitely stylized to the nines. Some parts were wicked cool, others were mind numbing. *shrugs* I dunno. Every movie can't be awesome. Then awesome would get boring...

Ooo, and G2G I love the others too! It's so twisty, in a good way! I think it's marvelous, simply marvelous. (^_^)

Vhat?

*reads 17's post again?*

Seriously vhat?!

Is this me being retarded? What does Quint ann mean? Like Tarantino? Have I gone mad? Is this what going mad feels like?

Are you like saying that I couldn't possibly think either of those movies were less than awesome cause Quentin Tatantino had something to do with them, lol?

Ball park? Maybe? I'm battin in the dark here, man, lol, you know how I can get easily confused... (^_^);

You been loitering in my greens again???? *puts up another Keep outta my greens! sign by his crops and a beware! of peasants sign *image of a peasant with a chain on his neck barking and bearing teeth*

Quint ann! Was my way of saying Quentin,

so basically what we be saying is, it is awesome cause it has tarry tino's touch of lushous on it? We're not biased are we lol.

Should we explore this in a different thread?
I think we play the native american victim card a bit much too... They ain't all the victims they come across as, Oh the indian was such a peaceful, clean and resourceful people... They use every part of the buffalo! :eek:..... :D

ooook, I c . This iz how I got confuseded. Like I said, I liked planet terror, actually I thought it was friggin awesome, though I didn't write that. So that confuseded me...But then I was thinkin, like Quentin didn't really have much to do wit Planet terror, it was written and directed by Rodrigues, so I was like... Vhat?

And then the whole Quint ann thing just was too much for my widdle bwain to handle, lol.
Meh, it happens... It had nothing to do wit ur greens stop hyperventilating, lol.

Loitering, hehehe, i love that word, hahaha. (^_^)

Back