What Movies Have You Seen Recently?

Do you do lucid dreaming?

Well, once I dreamt I was a butterfly; I didn’t know I was me. When I woke up I couldn't tell whether I was a butterfly who was dreaming it was me or me who had dreamt I was a butterfly. ;)

...Apart from that I hardly ever recall dreams…

We've got the rest of the year to go...but currently...hands down winner for awards in many categories.

You sure about "many" wil? Looking at past nominees and winners of Golden Globes, Oscars and BAFTAs, I’m not sure Inception is the “sort” of film that the panels / judges particularly like, especially in the main categories (I’m sure it’s a good bet for special effects).

Last movie with an ovation in the theater...sorceror's apprentice

Who is being clapped? Can they hear??!!

s.

Who is being clapped? Can they hear??!!
That strange yanky phenomenon, clapping in a cinema lol. I still find it crazy.
Well, look at it this way Alex, it's one of the few times you can get that many americans to agree on something. :D
Actually I think you've hit the nail on the head there...

How exactly is clapping in the theater (it doesn't happen that often) any different than laughter, or screams, or tears? It is a human reaction to what has transpired on the screen.

No the actors on the screen can't hear our applause, nor our laughs, nor our screams, nor our tears. But we as a group can and do.

We'll laugh spontaneously to things that tickle our funny bone...some stuff we won't laugh at until others laugh and make it 'acceptable'... Applause at the end...when it is a few people...they are showing their appreaciation...when it is 80% of us...the movie has moved us as a group from point a to point b...and we appreciate it...together.

I'd say I've only heard real applause, more than a smattering...80% or more of the theater four or five times in my life.

Now of course that is one of the reasons I like theaters...not for the goo on the armrest or the smell in the fabric, or my shoes sticking to the floor... I go for the big screen, the big sound and the community experience... it is never quite duplicated in the home...and I've been in some nice home theaters.

spending $1200 on a big TV or goin with someone to 50 movies...I'll take the theater...

$1200 For a decent Screen? Wow... I think I'll start buying from America! I got mine direct from Panasonic at a "special price" and that still was a considerable amount more than £600 lol. Could feed a third world village for a year on the cost of my TV I should feel shame perhaps.

$1200 For a decent Screen? Wow... I think I'll start buying from America! I got mine direct from Panasonic at a "special price" and that still was a considerable amount more than £600 lol. Could feed a third world village for a year on the cost of my TV I should feel shame perhaps.
heck to be honest I don't know what they go for... I just hear what people have paid, I don't know how big their screens are...just know it is more than I would pay (at this point in time)

For folks in America, I have heard the best deal on a widescreen is a Samsung sold at Walmart. I have heard it's the best deal for under $1,000. Has anybody bought one of these?

How exactly is clapping in the theater (it doesn't happen that often) any different than laughter, or screams, or tears?

It is culturally-bound, the others are universal. :)

All around the world people laugh at comedies, but all around the world people do not applaud in this scenario.

s.

Who is being laughed at? Can they hear?

The people on the screen and no.

But the difference remains regarding culturally-bound responses and universal (I'm trying to cover for Kim here :eek:)

s.

A laugh be a reaction of your emotions. It just happens :/ A clap be a communication from one to another to show they recognise what they have achieved to be in approval to one's opinion as, good.

It is like; seeing some female actress and thinking while watching the film "Oh gosh you are beautiful." And then an "opposite" being trying to hand her a rose or something.... A gift, a reaction old bean!

Just watched 10 Inch Hero. Great great story. I don't wanna say total chick flick, but...

Well, a hippie beats the crap outta someone. So, not a total chick flick I suppose. But it's awesome. I'd recommend it. :D

Too many enemy tampons, I'm bailing! :p

Back