The Rush To Be Right

juantoo3 said:
Kindest Regards!

Isn't this where Schrödinger's cat makes his entrance (or not)? Or maybe, or kinda, or it depends on whether or not you're actually paying attention...

*Curiosity may have killed the cat, Schrödinger only killed half of it.* -(thanks Wikipedia!)

So, in the rush to be right, it depends who is paying attention???
Actually, to me, it seems that if you try to put the cat in the box, you run the risk of killing it....it goes back to leaving something undefined--the stuff we don't know.

To quote Albert Einstein: “Whoever undertakes to set himself up as a judge of Truth and Knowledge is shipwrecked by the laughter of the gods.”

To quote Albert Einstein: “Whoever undertakes to set himself up as a judge of Truth and Knowledge is shipwrecked by the laughter of the gods.”

Hi,

Is this the same Albert Einstein that said…

"The religion of the future will be a cosmic religion. It should transcend personal God and avoid dogma and theology. Covering both the natural and the spiritual, it should be based on a religious sense arising from the experience of all things natural and spiritual as a meaningful unity. Buddhism answers this description. If there is any religion that could cope with modern scientific needs it would be Buddhism."

s.

(shameless bumping)

Hi,

Is this the same Albert Einstein that said…

"The religion of the future will be a cosmic religion. It should transcend personal God and avoid dogma and theology. Covering both the natural and the spiritual, it should be based on a religious sense arising from the experience of all things natural and spiritual as a meaningful unity. Buddhism answers this description. If there is any religion that could cope with modern scientific needs it would be Buddhism."

s.

(shameless bumping)
:D One and the same! :D :p
(It seems he really didn't like the Uncertainty Principle. Didn't he also say, "God does not play dice with the universe?")

Hi,

I also like: "Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts." (Sign hanging in Einstein's office at Princeton)

And thanks for posting the link to youtube for that TV prog.:) :)

s.

Hi,

I also like: "Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts." (Sign hanging in Einstein's office at Princeton)

And thanks for posting the link to youtube for that TV prog.:) :)

s.
You'll never guess who was instrumental to bringing those links to my attention! :eek: ;)

You'll never guess who was instrumental to bringing those links to my attention! :eek: ;)

Hi,
I wouldn't but I've just found out.......

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

s.

Hi,
I wouldn't but I've just found out.......

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
HHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

s.
High strangeness, whacky weirdness, spooky-action-at-a-distance sort of thing, huh? :eek:
{It's as if someone from Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy engaged the Improbability Drive aboard the ship, Heart of Gold}

Hi,

All that money spent on therapy. Now I'm back to square one...:p

<<twitch>>

s.

Hi,

All that money spent on therapy. Now I'm back to square one...:p

<<twitch>>

s.

Square one is better than being over the deep end...

...or the next one to roll dice in the game Jimangi...:eek: :D

Thundering herds of rhinoceri and elephantiases are rumbling through my apartment as I write. AAAIIIIIYYYYYEEEEEEE ! And it all began at a shoe factory in New England... huh ?

flow....:D

For the American audience...

I find it quite appropriate all the double entendre available regarding the words in the title.

And as long as attitudes as such prevail...odd are status quo will continue until the 'bough breaks....

While I am at it I must also remind us all that it can bend quite far and swing right back and not be the worse for wear...nothing a little medication won't take care of anyway...

Oops now I've gone to far out on that limb'....

For the American audience...

I find it quite appropriate all the double entendre available regarding the words in the title.

And as long as attitudes as such prevail...odd are status quo will continue until the 'bough breaks....

While I am at it I must also remind us all that it can bend quite far and swing right back and not be the worse for wear...nothing a little medication won't take care of anyway...

Oops now I've gone to far out on that limb'....

awww party pooper..."oops sorry croc, nice teeth"...:eek:

sg,

Do you do ballet? Do you watch the American version of Strictly Come Dancing? The British one just finished; won as last year by a cricketer but this time with Karen Hardy. Don't know it she does the American one.

Bit off topic this, isn't it?:p

s.

Kindest Regards, all!
Bit off topic this, isn't it?:p
I suppose that depends...do "you" just ballet? Or do "you" rush to do ballet right?

Or is ballet a rush for you? :D <<twitch>> Right?

Has anyone looked to see if the ballet slippers are alive or dead?

I am personally kind of surprised that nobody has brought up the obvious tie in with the thread title to the OT story of Moses...after all it starts out in the "bull" rushes, with baby Moses drifing along the river bank in a rush basket woven by his mother Joshebel. Found there by an Egyptian princess, he is adopted by her and is made a prince of the royal house...you all know the rest. And there is no doubt that this myth is one of the "right" stories of the OT, for it sets up the opening act of the entire saga of the ongoing quest for freedom of Judean-Christian peoples over the millenia.

There also seems to be a tie in with Dauer's choice of material in the story being analyzed in the interfaith textual thread. After all the object lesson in it seems to be that those who have the attribute of "softness" as does a reed (bullrush) have better odds of survival in hostile environments.

Rigid plants like cedars which are in the mountains in present day Lebanon have the tendency to snap off in high winds, while the rivers of rushes ripple and sway with wavelike precision with the winds in the river deltas and marshy areas of the middle east. The analogy of people as plants is also a common thread in many biblical story motifs.

Just thinking out loud.

flow....:)

Back