wy do people think jesus was god

Only righteousness we can have comes from Christ.

Q. Who was Jesus Christ?
A." I and the father are one"

Q. What is God defined as in 1 John?
A. "God is Love"

Q. What was/is the word of God?
A. Christ, yes?

Q. Who was Christ again?
A. "I and the father are one" [I and Love are one]

Much Love,

and the love of god was manifested in christ jesus.

So shall it be with men, should they choose to embrace the Love of God, and allow it to manifest within themselves, and bear fruit.

Jesus was "one with Love", and Love is of God. He who knows Love knows God; He who knows not Love knows not God; for God 'is' Love.

Much Love,

That also depends on what you think of the Bible.:)

moses wrote those books right?

and he was taught in egypt. he probably new how to meditate and get in contact with the part of him that had been fed hebrew ideas and he projected that vision onto what he labeled yahweh...

Yes Psalms 82 and John 10:34 which you never read the whole context.
uh, yes I have. surely you are not presuming what I've read and not read...not like you.
Dor said:
Ok so now there were multiple Gods in the Garden of Eden. No 1 God only.See thats is what you call a twist Wil and it is not a good thing to do.

And the LORD God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever:

Says to know good and evil not be gods, but of course you know that good and well.
I'm trying to learn here, please to be patient. I attempted no twist simply quoted my memory of the bible...you posted the whole link, which I emphasized to show that my quote was accurate. Who are the us G-d is referring to? Who else would be like G-d but another G-d? and live forever?

Q. Who was Jesus Christ?
A." I and the father are one" God

Q. What is God defined as in 1 John?
A. "God is Love" among other things and in context.

Q. What was/is the word of God?
A. Christ, yes? the word of God would be the Bible. the Word of God would be Jesus

Q. Who was Christ again?
A. "I and the father are one" [I and Love are one] God can you say that.

Much Love,
"God is Love."
That is in the Bible 2 times and usually quoted out of context.

1 John 4:8 He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love.
1 John 4;16 And we have known and believed the love that God hath to us*. God is love; and he that dwelleth in love dwelleth in God, and God in him.
* This usage of the term "us" refers only to men of faith.

[FONT=Arial, Geneva, Helvetica]1John 1:5 This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all. 6 If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth: 7 Butif we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Geneva, Helvetica]8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. 9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. 10 Ifwe say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.[/FONT]

What we need to remember is what is love to God. Good place to start is look at the cross.

uh, yes I have. surely you are not presuming what I've read and not read...not like you. I'm trying to learn here, please to be patient. I attempted no twist simply quoted my memory of the bible...you posted the whole link, which I emphasized to show that my quote was accurate. Who are the us G-d is referring to? Who else would be like G-d but another G-d? and live forever?
Father, Son, Holy Spirit.....us. call me crazy.

"God is Love."
That is in the Bible 2 times and usually quoted out of context.

1 John 4:8 He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love.
1 John 4;16 And we have known and believed the love that God hath to us*. God is love; and he that dwelleth in love dwelleth in God, and God in him.
* This usage of the term "us" refers only to men of faith.

[FONT=Arial, Geneva, Helvetica]1John 1:5 This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all. 6 If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth: 7 Butif we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Geneva, Helvetica]8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. 9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. 10 Ifwe say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.[/FONT]

What we need to remember is what is love to God. Good place to start is look at the cross.

A better place to start would be his life. He was a shining example of what it means to know Gods Love. His death, the cross, the passion, was because of the 'sins of man'. God didn't kill Jesus, Dor, our darkened hearts did. With that said, I won't argue against your personal beliefs...That is not my place. Realize this, however, the scripture you quoted is quite accurate, when my acount of the Gospel is taken into consideration; so is the entire NT. Christ was/is the word of God [Not the Bible] And God is Love as John so elequently put it.

Christs message, his entire purpose was to spread the Love of God, and bring light into our darkened hearts. He saves us from ourselves, and it is Love that forgives. Have you ever forgave anyone w/o Love? Jesus' blood was his life in the flesh, and his life was the Love of God. Our Salvation depends on the Grace he had...The Grace of God's Love moves mountains, Dor. Think about that...

I haven't the heart to argue, so I won't. I will simply leave you to your own heart, and God shall do the rest, my friend.

Much Love,

A better place to start would be his life. He was a shining example of what it means to know Gods Love. His death, the cross, the passion, was because of the 'sins of man'. God didn't kill Jesus, Dor, our darkened hearts did. With that said, I won't argue against your personal beliefs...That is not my place. Realize this, however, the scripture you quoted is quite accurate, when my acount of the Gospel is taken into consideration; so is the entire NT. Christ was/is the word of God [Not the Bible] And God is Love as John so elequently put it.

Christs message, his entire purpose was to spread the Love of God, and bring light into our darkened hearts. He saves us from ourselves, and it is Love that forgives. Have you ever forgave anyone w/o Love? Jesus' blood was his life in the flesh, and his life was the Love of God. Our Salvation depends on the Grace he had...The Grace of God's Love moves mountains, Dor. Think about that...

I haven't the heart to argue, so I won't. I will simply leave you to your own heart, and God shall do the rest, my friend.

Much Love,

Not an arguement with us I know who killed Jesus, I know who Jesus was, and I dont pick and choose parts I dont like to discard.

Jesus Christ, is God's unique and eternal Son. He is the Alpha and Omega, the Great I AM, the "Mighty God" by whom all things were created and in whom all things consist. Jesus, who is the head of all things, humbled Himself in such a way that the human mind couldn't even bare the thought of it. He came into this sin-cursed world and actively partook in our sufferings. Even as we are flesh and blood, He shared in the same. He became a man and dwelt among us. He shared in the sufferings we brought upon ourselves through our rejection of His holy precepts. And as if that were not enough to convince us of His love and concern for us, Jesus, the immortal God and the Giver of Life, gave up His own life upon the cross in the greatest act of love the world has ever known! In doing so He took our sins away, effectively nailing them to the cross with Himself. Thus, He who knew no sin became sin for us and He who gave life to all, tasted death for those condemned to it.

God is love. God is also wisdom, infinitude, soverign, holy, omnisciense, faithful, omnipotent, self existence, self sufficent, just, unchangable, merciful, good, gracious, eternal, omnipresent, light and life.

Not an arguement with us I know who killed Jesus, I know who Jesus was, and I dont pick and choose parts I dont like to discard.

I'm not asking you to, Dor. I would never tell a believer to reject the Bible. I personaly view some of it to hold error, and that is my right. Please don't judge me for it, for with what judgment you judge, you shall be judged: and with what measure you mete, it shall be measured to you again.

God is love. God is also wisdom, infinitude, soverign, holy, omnisciense, faithful, omnipotent, self existence, self sufficent, just, unchangable, merciful, good, gracious, eternal, omnipresent, light and life.

Angry, jealous, wrathful... This sounds a lot of the darkness described in the NT.

I have nothing against parts of the OT, and I do read it at times, but I have experienced the Love of God, and in that I will put 'my' Faith...

Much Love,

Worship is a funny word, imo. I've always had a view of God, and I have fought with God many times in the past, just as I have fought against Jesus. But, I believe deeply in his Love, and with that I honor him. I have come to appreciate life, and creation, birth, and death. I value life, and I honor God by appreciating what he's given me. Am I a sinner? Yes, we all are...I don't take care of myself like I should, and I've done some/many immoral things, but when you admit, and confess your faults to him, he can/will forgive. It takes heart to embrace him, and it is in ones heart that forgiveness takes place.

Does God demand worship? I don't know, but I do pray, and I do give my thanks, and I do Love my creator. I think he loves us all, even w/o ones worship. God is not a respecter of persons, the sun shines on the just and unjust alike. The Love of God is a wonderful thing, and I truly hope you embrace it, shadowman.

It will be then that things will start becoming clear...

Much Love,

No question about that, pattimax. What I am suggesting is that things 'begin' to come together when God's Love is embraced. No one should ever stop learning, and I would never suggest that anyone cheat themselves by doing so. A closed mind is a self created snare, and this is true for those who put more faith in the Bible than do they in God. The Bible is a guide, inspired by God, by which we can develope. God, however is the life of man, and the light of man is God's Love, by which we can escape the darkness.

Jesus was/is my teacher, and the one who led me to my freedom, [Savior] yet I am now his servant, and I must bear my cross, and spread the Love of God. This is what Jesus told his deciples to do, and these are my plans. [I truly believe this is the will of God.] I love Christ more than myself, and I will honor that which I feel called to do.

My life now belongs to God, and in the name of his Son. I don't want anything more than to stay grounded in his Love, and do his will.

With Love,

Fair enough, pattimax...we all share different views, and that is one of the things that makes the Bible so intriguing. You give it to 100 different people, and you end up with 100 different view points. It amazes me at how complex it can be, yet how simple also.

I'd Love to continue this discussion, as we obviously share different systems of belief. Only, do not expect me to debate with you, for I will not. We can share our views, and listen, and that should suffice.

Much Love,

Right, or righteous? We can never know the full depth of God, but we can be righteous in our quest to understand him, yes?

Much Love,

we are what we believe, and all that we are springs from our thoughts. If deluded thought can call forth ghosts or even death then greed can certainly make a magic wine to corrupt the mind which created it. The world is a trap for fools. Only he who sees goes free

Back