Fictionalize Yourself

Al and Hihara received an open invitation to play basketball when school's out from the guys they played with yesterday (turns out that only one of the players wasn't from the university, so they'll be using university facilities when the weather's not conducive to an outdoor game.) All they have to do is show up and bingo. It was funny when Al chatted with Hihara during dinner, saying that he thought the kid was just a musician, which earned him a dirty look.

Emba got a letter from my friend Tyler's grandparents today, too (hunting season's starting soon and he's been invited to take a few deer on their property.) America's mom will drive him up there during the weekends (if neither party has plans) and Emba can cull the herd as much as he wants. If he wants to take out a poacher or two. . . *shrug* He asked if he could bring his family with him at least once, which was given the green light. The only thing his hosts asked was to give them at least four days notice so they can get everything set up.

It's strange how I seem to be integrated into this huge community of, um, I guess one could say little to nothing in common other than the majority of them are human/oid from all these different times and places. I guess one could say that I'll be bereft whenever one or more of these guys return to their reality. Oh, well. Sorry for this little addition of depressed musings. :eek:

Gotta go. Looks like Seishiro's ready to cast and he tends to go for the kill.

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

Wren and I were discussing the incident concerning the Northwest Airlines flight 188 (the one where the flight overshot the airport by about 150 miles [one of the passengers realized something was amiss when he saw the familiar skyline of Eau Claire, Wisconsin].) Anyway, Wren said it was too bad we (meaning those of us on this plane of reality) don't have "sentient" planes. He also said that a few Wrens might make things easier for everyone involved. I told him that we'll discuss Wrens later. :rolleyes:

Keigo spent some time in the Urgent Care department while I was seeing the doctor yesterday (routine exam for me, nothing much.) The idiot was playing with a pair of rare earth magnets, forgot he had them on his hand when he had a "nature's call", and they slipped. :eek: He's physically okay, nothing ruptured. Mentally, we'll get back to you on that. He's undergoing strict bed rest with ice packs "down there" and ketoprofen.

Belinda got the H1N1 flu shot (since she suffered the stroke plus she's in a "high risk" group [none of the shinigami want that job].) Tao went with her to Children's (his school's closed due to flu, so he was grateful for the outing.) Afterwards, everybody met up at the last Wednesday farmers' market of the season and everybody else at the market demanded our group perform instead of the scheduled person (I feel sorry for any/all future performers while "my clan" remains.) We bought out the honey vendor, the buffalo vendor, the apple vendor and a few pumpkin vendors. Tsukishima got four pink cookies (one was tucked into his sandwich bento, three he purchased separately.) He tried a tuna melt "sub" for the first time and couldn't stop talking about the taste combination of tuna salad and melted cheese, even going through the line a second time just for another tuna melt.

Seishiro, Subaru and Hokuto fell victim to the kettle corn vendor, Subaru falling on his "padded area" twice. I bought them each a small bag of popcorn from the vendor then Hokuto bought herself a large bag later on. Seishiro only had the small bag since he's not as fond of sweets as Hokuto is.

Anyway, I've got an interesting request for lunch today: individual cheesy tuna casseroles along with the Korean green beans that were posted on the Mystery thread and cranberry apple rustic tarts for dessert, so I've gotta go start cooking (need to when cooking for over five hundred. :rolleyes:)

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

Last edited:
A multitude of "my clan" are busy saying prayers/doing rituals for Lennon, a little boy who is in sad shape (shall we say?) due to a combination of strep and H1N1 (yep, tested positive for the virus.) His mother, Meghan, is beside herself with worry since he is five years old (I think) and usually quite healthy. :kitty: delegation is also sending :kitty: vibes, hoping to help, even just a little. It is even worse since Meg's pregnant again.

Ukitake is beside himself as is Keigo (they both want to help the little guy, but can't.) The shinigami is worried he might have a "client" and he hates doing kids with a passion (as do almost all if not all of them.)

Subaru and Seishiro had a run-in with a neighbor (he's still alive, so Subaru was able to block Seishiro this time.) I wonder if Subaru'll be willing to do that a second or third time for the blockhead. :rolleyes:

Rune's been busy playing chess with the Chess Club (and beating the cr@p out of most of them without even breaking out in a sweat.) He doesn't want to join, though (understandable due to the poor treatment he receives each time he sits down at a board.) One jerk threw a tantrum after a legitimate loss in a three-move checkmate (the jerk's still a member, though. :rolleyes:)

He's been practicing with my ceramic set (it's fantasy-inspired with dragons, unicorns, orcs, dwarves, wizards, etc.) He loves the weight (each piece is slightly heavier than the plastic ones a person gets at the local toy store.) He tells me that he's saving up for a wooden set (says that they are far more durable and the heft is better/more comfortable.) He knows chess better than I do, so whatever floats his boat.

Tomorrow's the last farmers market of the season, so everybody's going early (after breakfast, though.) We'll leave some stuff behind so the vendors will have something to sell later on. :eek:

Oops, gotta go. A few of the neighbors are causing a ruckus and none of my guys are in the mood. ENGAGE THE SAFETIES AND RETURN YOUR FIREARMS TO THE PROPER HOLSTERS. SHEATH ALL BLADED WEAPONS IN THEIR PROPER SHEATH, NOT IN A BODY. WREN, POWER DOWN. SEISHIRO, NEKOYASHIKI, CEASE INCANTATIONS NOW. :rolleyes:

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

Last edited:
Yesterday's haul has been divvied up and hidden away as well as the costumes put away for the season. Emba wore a fake cave lion skin (or was it supposed to be cave bear?) along with the authentic garb he arrived in (several young ladies watched him go house-to-house with his brood) and a few older kids who were trying to steal their candy found themselves staring at the business end of a hunting spear.

A few of St. Monster's students were harassed, pulled tails, plucked feathers and the like, but they enjoyed the trick-or-treating too.

I felt sorry for Ranmaru, Tsukishima, Kuroda, and Seya (they were wearing thier "everyday" garb and several people thought that the kimonos were costumes. [Peasants].) A young male of roughly Tsukishima's age tried some "funny stuff" with them outside the complex and found himself staring down the business ends of Shuuhei's sword's secondary form. Man, some of these swords are. . . :eek:.

We held a ritual on the beach after most of the kids were asleep. The only exception was the shinto priestess, but she was put to bed early on since she is so young. She had a fruit leather snack pack before bed (cherry apple) and a :kitty: companion (I think it's Dandelion, lucky kid.)

Gotta go. A few drunks are causing trouble (that's what I get for living near several bars. :rolleyes:) PUT AWAY THE GUNS, SHEATH THE BLADES IN THEIR PROPER SHEATHS, NOT FLESH, AND WREN POWER DOWN AND PUT AWAY YOUR PLASMA CANNON.

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

Ah, the dubious pleasures of explaining ethnic festivals (we got 3-day passes to the local multi-ethnic festival since we're volunteering our services [a lot cheaper than buying individual tickets for over 500 people].) Several of them are looking forward to seeing people they haven't seen in a year and chatting in their native tongues.

Yoh has been telling FeiLong and Tao about the Chinese "booth" ("Avoid their food since it's 'Chinese'. I'd recommend the Native American and the Korean, especially if they serve what they did last year.") FeiLong must be excited since he drew deeper on his pipe (don't ask, long story.) I wonder if they'll like the fry bread that seems to be a staple at the Folk Fair's Native American booth.

Anyway, the Tutoring Center has asked the guys if they'd like to extend their "contract" at least until the end of the Spring, 2011 semester and included our hearing-impaired member in the offer (G!d/dess help us avoid the "fangirls"/"fanboys"!) I can't wait to see what'll happen next year with a new crop of students. :rolleyes:

Oops, gotta go. One of the neighbors just accosted Yogi and Hirato. GUYS, STAND DOWN. NOBODY'S HOME. IT'S :kitty: TIME.

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

Keigo's recovered from his "magnet mishap" (no permanent injury "down there", knock wood.) We're keeping an eye on him to avoid a repeat performance (he's a cashew, let me tell you!)

Unfortunately, Asami had a trip to the emergency room (he was slipped a mickey and reacted badly to it [allergy].) The suspects in the doping "took turns" with him, so he's going to get counseling when he's ready. It took a lot to restrain Kei and Suoh when the first one was caught (never steal a customized item from one's victim or brag about a "conquest" to anyone, especially someone who appears as "innocent" as several members of "my clan".) The perps have been expelled and are scheduled for arraignment tomorrow. Oh, and Rune's staying with Asami, too (since Rune is a survivor of a similar assault) a chessboard set up just for the two of them. Asami's pens and pencil will be returned to him after the trials (it's a good thing he had his kanji carved into the barrel, making the identification a breeze.)

Tiger Lily has practically plastered herself to Suoh (he's that furious with what happened to his boss) and FeiLong's been smoking like a chimney, which Dragon's Wing dislikes. I'm getting a couple of fresh jars of yeast for them to vent with (fresh super-sharp-cheddar-laced bread for dinner. :D)

Excuse me but I gotta go. Suoh looks more murderous than usual. and he's focused on a neighbor. *reaches for a modified gun and a tranquilizer dart*

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

Subaru and Seishiro just got back from the preliminary trials (from what I understand, they were real helpful, especially Seishiro.) Fifteen counts each for the seven guys, eighteen each for the three females. The main trial is scheduled for two weeks from now (the onmyoujin will be there, too.)

Suoh visited Asami in the hospital (let Rune have some time to himself) and gave his boss a few updates. The poor blond was extremely apologetic for being remiss in his duties. Rune (who slipped back into the room) told the man that one cannot prevent all poisonings, and that slipping Asami a mickey was the same as slipping him poison. Rune also showed them his branding (a part of his assault) which took both older men aback. "I was awake, aware, and fully shackled when this happened to me." Suoh realized that the young man meant "through the entire ordeal," then asked if that was why he stayed up until he was literally exhausted.

"Yes."

Rune played chess with both men pretty much through visiting hours, chatting about this, that and the other. He went with Suoh to the cafeteria for lunch (giving Asami some time alone with a counselor), treating the big guy to the special-of-the-day (roast chicken with all the fixings) and a cup of coffee. They talked a bit longer before Suoh returned "home" and Rune went back up to the room.

Oops, gotta go. Suoh's trying to make homemade strawberry ice cream sandwiches using homemade brownies for the outside, and he's asking for my assistance (he's so cute with Tiger Lily perched on his shoulder, apron protecting his immaculate front, but a spot of brownie batter marring the corner of his mouth.)

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

Emba invited Asami to go hunting with him (archery only.) He told me that he finds hunting usually takes his mind off of things since one has to concentrate on each exact moment. I think that, since they're going to use "primitive" weapons, it will get all of the aggression out (especially if Emba packs an atl-atl!) He's extended invitations to Suoh and Kei, too (I think Suoh has accepted, Kirishima's waiting a bit before saying yes or no.)

Seya spent some time visiting, too, along with Tsukishima (Seya was on his way to his therapy session and, since he was a bit early, thought Asami might like to see another face other than Suoh's, Kirishima's or Rune's.) They brought some honey wheat bread and turtle brownies to share with the staff (kinda frowned upon, but they weren't turned down, especially when Tsukishima turned his "lost puppy" eyes on several of the staff.)

Asami should be out Friday (just to make sure he's physically okay and won't try something stupid, like go after everybody involved in his assault [he packs, and keeps at least one extra clip on his person].) The doctor hasn't found any residual injuries to the tachi, but one needs to take preventative measures, especially if there's a possibility of an STD (that would really get Asami steaming :mad:.)

Oh, Suoh's ice cream sandwiches were a hit and he's planning on making several more batches, varying the ice creams (plain strawberry, Neapolitan, mint chocolate chip, New York cherry, a few other flavors) so if anybody wants some. . . :eek:

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

It's a good thing Asami wasn't "packing" today (and his visitors left their weapons behind, too.) He had a roommate move in last night, and he (the roommate) is "two interns short of a scandal". He asked Emba if he believed in Jesus, and was "upset" that our hunter never heard of him. Asami "explained" that Emba was older than the Abrahamic religions although he doesn't look it. The roommate went ballistic that anyone would claim to be older unless he was Satan and he refused to be in the same room as a satanist.

Asami's an atheist.

Anyway, the hospital staff moved the other guy out around lunchtime today and apologized profusely to everybody there for the mix-up. I think it was a good thing that the shinigami didn't tell the jerk that they were minions of the Angel of Death (one might've said that the guy's name was on the top of their list.) It turned out that the guy was "noncompliant" (gonna be transferred to another facility once they find one that'll take him.) From what I understand, Asami got so :mad: at the guy that he forgot how to speak English for a couple of hours. Good thing there was a nurse who is fluent in Japanese on duty (she heard Asami's tirade and called in security to avert a disaster.)

Asami might come home Monday (some of the crucial test results haven't come back) and he's bored to tears. I got a message from him that if he doesn't find something more entertaining to do, he's going to set up a gun-running operation from his hospital bed (might try sneaking in a :kitty: or two later tonight via our poltergeist.)

Oops, gotta go. Phone call from one of the night nurses, and it sounds like Asami's being "witnessed" to by the a$$tard from before.

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

The former roommate is in solitary until the staff at the hospital can find some place that will take him. He waltzed into Asami's room right in front of Unohana and started spouting his bollocks. Somehow, Unohana knocked him out without leaving her chair :)eek:!).

Asami couldn't hear him due to the fact he was taking a shower (relax, Unohana couldn't see him from where she was seated) and Rune was sleeping in the second bed (Unohana claimed "exhaustion", but she's sneakier than a "mole" on assignment.) Asami called for an extra lunch so his female guest could join him (a salad plate along with a cheese plate and tea.) The "host" asked the "guest" if she could heal the sleeping youth's branding, which she shook her head. "Not unless he specifically requests it, and it might be too late for me to do so. Orihime might be able to, though, but only if he asks." Healing him without his permission is just as bad if not worse than the initial assault. The tachi understood immediately.

They spoke about different things, including Takaba's exploits (got Asami to grant her one of his "trademarked" smirks [didn't get him far, though].) Kei and Suoh joined them for a bit, too, giving updates on what was going on with the defendants. Suoh also "snuck" Tiger Lily in for a bit (I think the staff suspected something, but let it slide.)

Oops, gotta go. I believe there's going to be a mass exodus/chase with some buddies of the defendants, and I don't want any murders by my "clan".

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

Asami's "home" (back.) His tormentor from the hospital is on his way to Mendota Mental Health Institution (they have to take him since nobody else will, not even the VA hospital. [:eek:]) He received an interesting "Good Luck" present from one of the staff: a recipe for what she calls Hawaiian Chicken Stir Fry (it has pineapple tidbits, pineapple juice and coconut milk.) I think poh might be interested in it (I'll attempt to post the recipe when I can abscond with it if anybody's interested.)

The "clan" has several volunteer "tasters" for the tachi (he's still a little leery of eating and drinking anything without having proof it hasn't been tampered with, which is quite understandable.) The only thing is that nobody wants to taste any of Orihime's cooking, which Asami takes as being "drugged" (several of the "clan" reassure him it's just because it's plain bad.)

There are several :kitty:s who are staying by his side, too. He's getting adept at multitasking (doling out :kitty: treats while doing other things, like ironing out the details of a hunting trip.) I think he's going to rather popular with the less aggressive :kitty:s since he's caused several of the "bullies" to back down.

Emba's taking him out to an outdoor archery range to teach him how to use an atl-atl effectively (gun season isn't until later, and an atl-atl is a good way to take out one's aggression.) Emba's planning to make the final blow, though (he's used to hunting bigger, more aggressive stuff sans a gun [gunpowder wasn't invented when he was initially around, and he sometimes tackled an ancestor of both alligators and crocodiles that was roughly between 5 and 8 meters long].) Kei, Suoh and FeiLong might join them in the lesson, possibly the hunting trip, too.

Oops, gotta go. Orihime's heading toward the kitchen with a suspicious gleam in her eye.

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

The classically-trained musicians joined me in an impromptu practice session. I know, I know. You play a classical instrument?! Yes, in fact I play two (the violin and harp.) I left the violin stuff to the kids since I received an "interesting" present: a $22,000 classical harp. Yeah, you heard me correctly. I said 22 "G"s. It's beautiful with stylized dragons flying up the soundboard (would've preferred :kitty:s, but beggars can't be choosers, y'kmow.)

The song we played first was Canon in D Major by Pachelbel, followed by Kol Nidre. I played a solo of Schubert's Ave Maria afterward (I know, why was I playing two rather famous Christian compositions? They're soothing, so sue me!) Asami relaxed during the practice (a combination of classical music, warm, soft fur and rumbling purrs nearly had the guy slipping into second-stage sleep. :D) Poor guy needed it desperately.

Ah, I'd better go. A subgroup of the :kitty: delegation wants fed, as usual, and I want to feed them before they use the harp as a scratching post. :rolleyes:

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

Everybody's hyped up for this weekend for two reasons: one is the ethnic festival (which kinda starts today) and the second are the guys going on the hunting excursion will be heading north Saturday (relax, there are plenty of volunteers to work Saturday's festival.)

The school kids are going to the special presentation today with their schools and a few of the guys are going in their regalia (FeiLong in his Chinese garments, Ranmaru, Tsukishima, Kuroda, and Seya in their kimonos.) Can't wait to see the newbies reactions to the Native American and Scottish regalia and several of the ethnic dances (evil:D.)

Takaba's been restricted in his beverages to tea, carbonated soft drinks or rosewater lemonade (I reassured Asami that the lemonade is definitely nonalcoholic due to the region it's from, which is predominantly Muslim [the Middle East].) He (our photographer) put up a bit of a fuss, but I offered to get him an "end-of-the-evening" beer as a reward, which I know he'll enjoy more.

Several of the veterans of the festival can't wait to reconnect with several of their friends from previous festivals, especially the reenactors (a few of the "clan" are going to camp out with them, which they said they'll probably enjoy in spite of the weather.) Narazaki's especially looking forward to the camp out (like many of my "clan", he's of "questionable sanity".)

Oops, gotta go. The upstairs neighbor is crashing breakfast and I have to stop them from making him the entree.

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

Sorry for the delay in updates, but I've been busy with the successful hunt's bounty (they were so successful that we don't need to buy any meat for Thursday! :eek:) Turkey, venison, pork/ham (given to the hosts as a thank you for letting them hunt) and a few other items gave their lives for Asami's recovery and our dinner later this week.

Narazaki had fun during his camp out (his hosts gave me the ENTIRE lowdown on the weekend, including the Japanese gentleman catching someone trying to steal some of the reenactors' stuff.) He's hoping to join them on other events.

Oh, there were several comments about the different costumes worn by the "ethnic" participants from the Aztec outfit worn by one of the Indigenous American participants and the grass skirts the Hawaiian dancers wore to the kimonos worn by the Japanese participants and the kilts the Scottish had on. They had fun watching/learning several of the dances, too :)eek: OM_G, is that even physically possible!? :eek:)

Emba and Yuuen each got two pairs of moccasins and a leather shirt (the guy selling them was impressed by their feet, and his wife has offered to do quillwork decorations on the shoes.) Several people bought Russian and Ukrainian shirts (just adored the intricate embroidery.) There were several pairs of chopsticks (both Chinese and Japanese) purchased along with chopstick rests.

Oh, and Asami was a bit of a pig (as were the rest of his entourage.) He just adored the Navajo fry bread sandwiches. He wolfed down ten the last night, not even bothering to wait for someone to taste them first. Takaba went wild with the different cakes, cookies, pastries, candies and the Navajo fry bread with pure maple syrup. Suoh was funny with his dinner, balancing a plate with his Korean noodles with vegetables and a plate of Polynesian-style pork roast in one hand and a plate loaded with both buffalo burger and shredded venison sandwiches along with a peanut satay combo plate in the other (he apologized profusely to everyone.) FeiLong and Tao pigged out on the Korean noodles with vegetables and peanut satay along with lamb curry from the Indian booth. Several recipes were exchanged along with contact information. :D They want to return next year, practically begging.

Oops, gotta go. :kitty: delegation want fed asap (or there's going to be a :kitty: riot.)

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

Hi there, my name is Ludvig.

I got banned from this site. I think it is because I am German. The Scots have a majority on this site and apparently do not like Dopplebock und Braunwurst :D:D !!

(Phyllis, this thread is fantastic for me, one more strike and I am banned too, so Ludvig and I can post to our hearts content over here on this thread !!)

The prep for tomorrow's feast have started: meats' slowly roasting, Yuuen's vegetables cut up and soaking for "sides", bread dough's rising, Orihime's barred from the kitchen. . . :rolleyes:

The trial concerning Asami's doping/assault was shorter than expected (the perps were sentenced to at least 50 years.) They were lucky: Seishiro wanted to use them for his "rituals" (i.e. automatic death sentences.) Asami cried when he got his pen and pencil set back. It's currently being ritually cleansed by several of our magic-users to remove the "negative vibes" attached to each item. Tiger Lily mewled her concern, but the tachi reassured her that he was crying from relief, that the incident was behind him.

There's going to be another hunt planned for gun season, Asami, Kazumi, Kirishima, FeiLong and a few others are going to my friend Tyler's grandparents' place (they were impressed by the concern for the animals that last weekend's hunters showed.) Asami is bringing a thank you present ("In Japan, it's 'tradition' that a visitor bring something to the homeowner as a thank you for hosting him/her.") I have a sneaking suspicion that Kazumi's bringing something, too. Who's Kazumi? Oh, that's Suoh.

Oops, minor emergency involving Keigo, Shuuhei, the twins, Shigure and a few rowdy neighbors. :rolleyes: BLADES SHEATHED IN THEIR PROPER SHEATHS, SAFETIES ENGAGED AND GUNS HOLSTERED AND MAGNETS PUT AWAY! NOW!

Avi, this thread was started by Pathless, not by me, so both Ludvig and you should thank Pathless.

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

Avi, this thread was started by Pathless, not by me, so both Ludvig and you should thank Pathless.

(Phyllis, Ludvig's reading span is as far as one post in the reverse, so as far as he knows, you are the opinion leader, ein Kolsche und Bratwurst, Faulein ?

By the way Phyllis, where is Juan23 these days, I have seen neither hide nor hare of him ?? I know he was one of your cat sitters, woof woof :D )

We had some unexpected excitement tonight. Our doctors were rather busy with twins (helping a woman deliver them.) Tesshou's acute hearing helped ("Excuse me ma'am, but are you okay?" "Tesshou, don't tell me. Okay guys, this is not a drill!") and Wren didn't mind flying the trio to the hospital she was supposed to deliver at (I have a sneaking suspicion that there's going to be one OB on the receiving end of a long lecture.)

Initially her SO tried to scam us, but after the successful delivery of his offspring, he "came clean" and apologized profusely, thanking Tesshou for noticing something her OB didn't (turned out the lady was a "high-risk" patient and her doctor sent them home saying she was having "false labor" pains [well, there are false twins who beg to differ here].) We threw together a quick bento and watched him go after his family (Hirato offered to fly him to the hospital, but was turned down.)

We finished our feast with celebratory cheesecakes and drinks. Wren got his when he returned. Luckily, everybody's asleep right now, :kitty:s curled up against their chosen "pillows".

Gotta go. Dinner's catching up with me as well as the excitement.

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

Back