Fictionalize Yourself

Suoh's cleaning up a mess he initiated, doing minor repairs to several pieces that lost a battle to a :kitty: or more. You see, he wanted to play with a few of the :kitty:s, so he grabbed a 100-sided die I have and rolled it in front of Tiger Lily.

That began the chaos.

The die survived intact; the apartment, not so much. I mean, the entire cattery got into the game and when one has 150-200 cats and kittens chasing after one "prey". . . .

I think he'll use a laser pointer or a wand toy next time. *shakes head*

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

The "clan" is preparing for another fundraiser (for a good cause, I guess.)

Yesterday, they were listening to a radiothon (telethon broadcast over the radio) for the Make-A-Wish Foundation, a group that grants children with life-threatening/altering conditions (almost) whatever they want, from an all-expense paid trip to Disneyworld or Hawaii for the child and his/her family to a recording session at a legitimate recording studio complete with backup musicians to meeting a sports/movie/recording/media star to a hot tub/spa. The last one was for a young lady who has a chromosomal abnormality with chromosome-13 (one of the branches is missing) and she seemed to enjoy a hot tub that she experienced at a family friend's house, so her parents requested one for her. The conditions "covered" range from muscular dystrophy to cancer to transplant recipients to HIV-positive.

It seems that a young girl's recording that was played caught the attention of the "talents", so they got together and whipped up plans to do a special fundraiser for the charity. Hell, with all of the success we've had with previous fundraisers. . . . Anyway, word quickly passed through the "clan" and Wren sent word to the deejays of the decision. The female wondered how big our group is so everybody except Daiba flew over to the station and stood in the parking lot. It caused to radio station's staff to practically leave a load in their "frillies" (there wasn't a spot that wasn't held by a humanoid, several of the adults carrying children on their shoulders.)

First, the female deejay asked that Wren wave (she wanted to see if the caller was in the group) then the male deejay asked that everybody who was going to be involved in the fundraiser wave (he was bleeped when he saw the over 500 people wave.)

Wren caught one of the Make-A-Wish staffpeople off-guard (his wireless antenna usually does.) He called the person's secretary without using a cell phone. Good thing the mecha pilots didn't bring the mechas (would create a panic.)

Oops, gotta go. I'm helping with the logistics, including treats that the "lion tamer" plans on giving the "lions" during his performance.

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

The snow spirits are having a blast outside (winter storm warning that won't end until Thursday.) Snow, ice, below freezing temps, the whole gamut are making things fun for those nutty "demons". I feel sorry for everybody who arrived around July since this is the first time they've seen the spirits in their element.

Everybody got new mittens (pink ribbon mittens) just in time for the storm. We "initiated" them earlier when we went to pick up some essentials at the grocery store and the pet supply store. Suoh tucked Tiger Lily inside his coat to keep her protected from the cold winds until they reached the inside of the pet supply store (several people inside fell in love with her, giving her treats left and right.) They're going to be featured in a future in-store promotion (hope all this attention won't go to her head, the little diva. :rolleyes:)

Oh, before I forget (if I hadn't mentioned it before) my upstairs neighbors are geting three hots and a cot courtesy of the State. Seems they were selling illegal drugs and had a meth lab going. The yakuza and triad were beyond ticked when they found out (there are so many children and young adolescents here as well as all of the :kitty:s that it would be a catastrophe [no pun intended] if the lab blew up.) Their language noticeably deteriorated when they saw everything removed from the "offending apartments" (before you ask, yes, they are familiar with the drug trade.)

Oops, gotta go. Gotta run interference between the snow spirits and police. *sigh* *shakes head*

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

*looks up from the bottle of 20-year-old Scotch*

Well, we're still eating "traditional" Hannukah foods (have been since 1700 this evening) and the fryers have been going practically nonstop since then. Spring rolls, vegetarian egg rolls, Navajo fry bread, doughnuts, beer-battered fish and chips, fried noodles, deep-fried pierogies, fried pies, deep-fried ice cream, fried candy bars (a couple of the "adults" wanted to try them [:rolleyes:]) and several other dishes.

I've been teaching them how to play dreidl using non-fried candy bars as the "pot" (easier to get around the "no gambling" rules if one can legitimately eat the stakes, y'know) and I've been telling them the story behind the festival in terms they could understand (which isn't that easy.) It's a good thing that I can keep retelling the story until the end of next week (poor Takaba's still wrapping his brain around the idea of getting 192 photos that can be developed from a canister of film marked for 24-shots [I was explaining the "miracle of the oil"].)

Oops, gotta go, We have to make another food run. *scream*

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

We got a new supply of oil for the fryers (needed it desperately since the more one uses oil for frying, the more it breaks down.) We had a simple breakfast (nothing fried just to give our bodies a chance to recover before tonight's pig-out.) Several of the adults who cook are participating in the meal prep this time (THANK THE PTBS!) I don't want to end up behind a hot fryer for hours on end again.

We have a few more newbies to our community. *SCREAM* Another attorney, a locksmith, a "buyer", a pastry cook/salesman*, a cop, a student and a group of guys that I have no idea what they are (eh, wouldn't be the first time, nor the last.) They arrived in time to have lunch with everybody (it's gotten to the point that, if anybody shows up, they get a plate if the "visitor" is accepted by the :kitty:s, no questions asked.) As long as one can contribute to the community, we'll find a spot for you.

* - The pastry cook/salesman sells men's underwear to department stores since his older brother inherited the family's pastry shop.

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

Everybody's looking forward to the "tear open any/all remaining presents" evening "chow-down" (we're getting sick and tired of all the fried food, too.) Several of the guys want to get away from the Christmas "traditional" cuisine (cookies, candy, cakes, pies, stollen, etc.) too since they aren't "into" sweets, especially Asami (he's used a fruitcake he received for trap/skeet practice [there's fruitcake crumbs in the trashcan along with the shot].)

Last night, the guys got jeans and, well, :eek: :eek:. Now we have to find appropriate casual shirts to go along with them. The :kitty:s got scratching posts with spring-loaded toys that attach to the post, which were immediately put to use, much to "the clan"'s delight (several of "the clan" are getting :kitty: stockings for next week, too.)

Oops, gotta go. Several of the guys are being chased by neighbors they hoped to avoid. GUYS, THIS WAY TO SAFETY.

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

Asami helped out his "hunting hosts" today (there are a few less poachers and/or drunkards hunting on their property due to the yakuza boss. [:eek:]) One drunk took a potshot at him and he left a bullet in the a$$tard's shoulder (flown down here for repair.) The instigator might lose the use of his arm due to several factors that I can't get into. Asami hopes that the cops throw the book at him (while some people believe "wrap him in cotton wool," Asami believes "wrap him in steel wool.")

Emba was grateful for Asami's shot, too, since he was shot at, too (first rule of thumb when hunting: make sure of what's on the other end of your firearm before squeezing the trigger!) Their hosts gave him a couple of shots of vodka when he got back for the evening (pretty much knocked him out.) His children are sleeping in his room tonight, keeping him company (Yuuen stayed behind this weekend because he wasn't feeling well, running a low-grade fever.)

Oh, got an update: the guy who was winged is going to be seeing the judge Monday. Seems he and his buddy drained four six-packs before heading out of their camp. Oh, Asami's gonna love that! I'll pack some extra good bento boxes for Wren to deliver along with onigiri. Might get their minds off the a$$tard.

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

Asami's beyond :mad:.

I made the mistake of explaining to him why the judge was ticked with the guy Asami shot last weekend, and I used Belinda as the "example". Now nobody wants to get anywhere near Asami. Well, he did get the guy he shot real good (the doctors had to completely amputate the arm from the shoulder, so the guy has to learn how to live with only one arm.)

We just got back from the store (huge crowd.) The computer system crashed due to all of the "last minute" food purchases made for parties and the like, so my guys volunteered to help out (both on the computer system and security.) Four pickpockets and three shoplifters. . . *sigh* Oh, and someone tried to steal the donation kettle for the Salvation Army (he ran into Kenpachi [not a good idea].) The guy pulled a knife, Kenpachi pulled his sword. The guy was last heard blathering that no matter what he did, he couldn't cut Kenpachi.

Ah, gotta go. Asami's demanding something (should send Belinda, but. . . )

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

Last edited:
The :kitty:s got their "stockings" and Al spent time at Mass (he's Roman Catholic.) I sat with him since it was his first time at this one church (good thing since several "ladies" tried to "match" him [I thought it would be different than a synagogue, but I guess I was incorrect {again} :rolleyes:].)

The :kitty:s are coming down from catnip highs (it was embarrassing watching Dragon's Wing interacting with FeiLong while she was high. :eek: :eek:) The good thing was it took Asami's mind off of the a$$tard he shot, and wanted to shoot again! I got several loaves of honey wheat bread out of him, though (excellent texture, too!)

The snow spirits are miserable due to rain (as is the rest of the "clan") and the possible flooding's not making matters any better. Our priest/ess/e/s are setting up "safety boundaries" for us (I'm setting up "payment" for them, with cute :kitty:s keeping an eye on them. :D)

Oh, one of the "clan" has just reminded me that we're going caroling tomorrow for the students who are Christian and are staying here due to finances. I'm singing Silent Night in German, but kinda in the style Stevie Nicks sang it in English (wonder who's going to sing opposite me. . . :confused:) Ah, well. Gotta practice.

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

Just got back from the caroling on campus. :eek: My performance was fair, I guess (they said it was quite good, but I didn't think so, as usual.) Turned out my "partners" were Yoh and Kanazawa-sensei (Yoh in "the basement" and the sensei singing tenor.) Several of the German students joined in (luckily) and, after we finished, Al sang a carol in Italian (found out there were several Italian students "stranded", too.)

We were treated to good food, warm drinks and pleasant conversation (and a few proposals, too. :eek:) One of the students asked where the :kitty:s were (found out he had a few tins of :kitty: food for them) so we invited him over to spend some time with them. Found out he has a :kitty: waiting back home for his return. *debates whether or not to place the young man in Nekoyashiki's capable hands along with Nekoyashiki's :kitty:s' capable paws*

Suoh was sweet with one student (she couldn't see what was going on because she's a "little person", so he picked her up and placed her on his shoulders.) Kei just looked at him (Kei = Kirishima for those who were curious.) She bought several packages of frozen steamed buns as a "thank you", making one and sending the rest home with them (they didn't mind one bit.) The buns weren't the red bean paste ones, just the vegetable ones. She also threw in a few bags of potstickers, too.

Oops, gotta go. There's a :kitty: battle going on.

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

The snow spirits' spirits lifted considerably (snow storm.) They played with several neighbors' minds while they "celebrated" the snow (went out sans winter wear. :rolleyes:) Had to talk several cops out of sending them in for observation. *shakes head*

The newer guys are looking at the snow spirits like they sprouted a couple of new heads, too (they didn't even venture outside the building's atrium.) Several are huddled inside, bundled up, along with the fox spirits, :kitty: spirits and werewolves (as well as the true :kitty:s.)

Oops, gotta go. A drunk is picking a fight with one of the snow spirits (how dare she play in front of him [doesn't matter that she's on the sidewalk].)

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

The drunk driver from yesterday had the book thrown at him (driving on a revoked license was the least of his offenses!) Anyway, his vehicle lost an argument to a mecha's flail (smashed the hood/bonnet right in twain up to the windshield/windscreen.)

Anyway, we had some visitors today: representatives of the stores/companies we get our supplies from. They couldn't believe we required so much stuff until they saw how many people/furred purrsons/etc. lived here. Turned into a photo op for their respective companies. One fell in love with a couple of :kitty:s, one we "named" Glock (since his pelt is a nice gunmetal grey) and the other is "named" Antebellum (she is a survivor of Katrina, whereas her former staff all perished.)

The drivers showed up, too (except for the one who showed his disregard for felinedom [guess he didn't want a lecture about it].) Once the president and CEO of the store saw the cattery with his own eyes, he made a note to make sure all of the drivers here must be ailurophiles, but could tolerate canines.

Oops, gotta go. A bit of a tiff between one of the neighbors and several of the kids, including Yuki's two, and several of the adults are about to enter the fracas.

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

*looks up, bleary-eyed*

Happy New Year. The kitchen will never be the same.

Fish, "prosperity peas", dragon's beard noodles, several other traditional "luck foods" cooked and down a multitude of gullets as well as beverages of both types (alcoholic and nonalcoholic.) Daiba stayed in his "cave", but accepted his plate graciously.

I loaded up ABBA's Happy New Year and a couple of other videos off of youtube, and streamed them through Daiba's personalized monitor (which pretty much takes up a wall.) They enjoyed the old comedy sketch about the old woman and her butler on her birthday, but Happy New Year got several hundred voices (roughly) singing (almost) together. Anyway, seems a couple of my neighbors didn't appreciate the impromptu concert (interrupted their firing their guns into the air [which got several of "the clan" ticked because the neighbors used live ammo].) Anyway, the cops were called.

Well, gotta go to bed, although I'm dreading the upcoming hangover.

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

Today we're subsisting on Choco Snappies (several of the little ones are gushing about the cartoon snapping turtle character on the front of the package and even more adults are getting a bit sick of it [if not just sick].) None of us wants to even smell cooked food, much less make something hot.

Suoh has relegated the care and feeding of Tiger Lily today to Tao (she trusts him and Suoh knows the youth won't overfeed the :kitty:.) Mixing :kitty:s and the oxidation of alcohol in one's system could be catastrophic (no pun intended.)

Al was especially funny in a pathetic way. He dragged himself to a table, plopped down, weakly opened the cereal, then the soy milk, made the proper preparations without setting anything on fire, then weakly informed his 'neighbors', "Never again." I heard they informed each other, "Until next time."

Keigo learned not to tease Shigure when she's recuperating, too. We're leaving the shuriken in the wall (in roughly his outline.) She's bloody good with them, even when "under the weather."

Well, tomorrow'll be another day.

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

Poor Hitsugaya had a customer Monday. A seven- or eight-year-old boy fell into a local river Monday while sledding with his brother and his body was found yesterday (sorry about this, lunamoth.) Several of the :kitty:s are keeping their eyes on him, ready to take him "in paw".

The snow spirits are ecstatic about the weather report for tomorrow. A winter storm warning is in effect for tomorrow, with accumulations expected to be around 7" by the end. The newest guys are looking at them as if they grew several new heads each. The rest of "the clan" are going to be cooking/baking (easiest way to keep warm imho.)

Oops, gotta go. They want my input on what to purchase for tomorrow's food orgy and the :kitty:s are also demanding my attention.

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

The wanzers are being used today (winter storm warning with accumulations between 5" and 12", depending on who one listens to.) Lets just say that they have excellent traction and would win against almost anything that is on the highways in an accident (plus they can help get stranded motorists out better than a tow truck/lorry.) Wren, on the other hand, has listed himself as "grounded" (doesn't want to chance flying unless absotively posilutely necessary, as in "There's no other way to get there, and someone's life is on the line here.")

The snow spirits are going as well (it is their preferred environment, although they'd rather have it a bit colder.) Most of us are trying to hibernate (we're sane, relatively speaking.) The :kitty:s are conserving energy, cuddling up with their preferred companions and exchanging warmth.

Anyway, just thought I'd update you guys on the "First Winter Storm of 2010" report.

Signing off for now.

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

Tsukishima, Kuroda, and Seya were propositioned today by several girls from the Catholic high school nearby (the girls had just come from Mass, too!) The trio's going to speak with the Mother Superior about their behavior (wish I could be a fly on that wall.) They (the trio) found themselves surrounded by :kitty:s when they got back (shook off the cold and a few stray snowflakes from their outerwear, much to the :kitty:s disgust.)

We've signed up for classes, too, as well as our volunteer jobs for the upcoming semester. Some of the high school-age students are signed up for college classes, too (G!ddess help us all!) We've set lunch aside for everybody to meet up, share bentos, work on our mutual homework and discuss stuff needed for the smooth flow of our "clan". We're "renting" an entire community room, set up for eating (easier than trying to work out eating amidst all of the "thems" [faculty and other students].) "Outsiders" can join us, but we must use the rented room since there are so many of us (guests will receive wristbands for the day, the "clan" doesn't need them because we're so recognizable among the university community.) We're hoping to avoid members of the JAA this semester (it was quite embarrassing last semester with several of them "accidentally" running into the poor "clan" members [who couldn't run away without trampling some poor unsuspecting student].)

Ah, gotta go. The "fan club" has set up camp outside my apartment complex. *searches for the direct line to the "cop shop"*

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

Last edited:
Several of the guys have a "first strike" on them. They were approached by a few con artists who are using the Haitian tragedy as a means to get lucre. The guys kind of pounded the living daylights out of the "vultures", not holding back at all. Unfortunately, a couple of the "victims" had to be hospitalized (the guys were a bit, um, "enthusiastic" in the beatings, I guess.) One good thing about the fights is that none of the berserkers were involved. Kenpachi might've stopped when he got bored, Madarame wouldn't have until his opponent was meeting his ancestors.

Later, Asami was accosted by a homeless man who wanted to "buy" a cigarette. Alas, Asami smokes Dunhills, and only Dunhills. The other guy wanted to buy the cigarette from him for a dime (as if!) I can picture that if Asami smoked Camels or Newports, but he smokes what are considered "luxury cigarettes". Security finally got the bum removed from the premises after the guy pestered a female customer (alas, it wasn't one of the female members of my "clan".)

We're going back to the store later today (gonna take advantage of a sale on cereal that, after presenting a coupon, would have the brand-name cereal cost only $1.70/box.) That and a new kind of apple costing 99 cents is enough to get us out.

Uh-oh. One of the kids is looking a bit green. Gotta get the ginger and the ginger ale.

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

Well, we put the 1,500 boxes of cereal into storage for now (I know, I know. :eek:) Well, it was a decent deal (5 boxes of a name brand for $7 when regular price is close to $5 each) so we took advantage of it. ;) Along with the cereal, we took advantage of a sale on ginger ale (excellent to counteract nausea!) The truck driver was real helpful, too (an ailurophile!) I think his assistance in putting away the groceries was to spend time with the :kitty:s.

Anyway, the "vultures" are facing charges of fraud and larceny. My guys are facing assault and battery (reduced from attempted murder) so I think my guys got the better deal. Would've been better if they had all charges dropped, but one can't expect miracles.

Oops, gotta go. Yogi's having an allergic reaction to something and the doctors want my help.

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

We awoke to some excitement around 4 this morning (luckily none of us were involved.)

There was a four-alarm fire not that far away from us (an entire block was closed off due to it) and the building was destroyed. Four businesses are gone, including an "icon", along with several apartments (luckily nobody was physically hurt.) Alas, the politicians are now posturing, accusing each other for the fact that the fire got as bad as it did. I just want to "flip 'em all off".

Yogi's sleeping right now (the stuff the docs gave him for his allergy has pretty much knocked him out, complicated by the excitement this morning of fire trucks passing by.) He's got living weights pinning him, too.

Ah, gotta go. Several girls from the all-girl Catholic high school are causing trouble. The Mother Superior's going to get an irate call from me.

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

Back