Fictionalize Yourself

The "old almond tree buddy" composes, "helps" the lyricist (by, um, "inspiring" her), plays keyboards on occasion and is kinda the "Mick Jagger" of the group (you know, the lead vocals.) He's the "face", the "front man" of the group. Speaking of "inspiring the lyricist", excuse me for a second...

Sakuya, if your going to inspire another song, please go someplace private. Thank you. I don't think you want the :kitty:s to intrude in their own curiously painful fashion. I believe 105's empty right now.

Sorry about that. He was getting a bit frisky with Aine, his girlfriend and the group's lyricist.

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

We had an impromptu shindig on campus (no apartment neighbors! :D) The GSA and the Anime Club provided some of the chow (as did people from the Japanese, Math, American Indian, LGBT, and the Ethnic Studies departments [the Navajo fry bread went over quite well with several of my guests as did the Chinese fish balls and the Hmong egg rolls].) Several of my guests exchanged recipes with the food providers (especially the fry bread.)

Here are a couple of the tunes we did (as performed by the original artists):

YouTube - Kenny Loggins & Stevie Nicks Whenever I call You Friend
YouTube - Blues Brothers - Rubber Biscuit

There were a few "gate crashers" but campus security took care of them before Wren "powered up" (fortunately!) I can't understand why one of the crashers hasn't been sent to jail for trespassing since he's been court ordered to stay the fook away (long story. :rolleyes:)

Gotta go. Orihime looks like she's going to start cooking.

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

*takes deep inhalation*

OKAY, EVERYBODY. LISTEN UP. We had more than 400 boxes of cold cereal and 200 loaves of unsliced baguettes we got last night for this week's breakfasts. How come we only have three and a half boxes of cereal and one baguette? Yuki, you are excused due to the fact you and your small family have your own boxes of Oaty Ohs for your son, unless you've been giving him Cocoa Rocks to snack on as well.

Sorry about that. When one gets industrial size boxes of cereal and they are eaten up almost overnight... *sigh* Logistics, logistics, logistics. At least there haven't been any more "guests" dropping in besides a few of Astral's affiliates (long story.) We're getting our deliveries by semi now (the store's loaning it to us while they're in the neighborhood.) All we have to do is go over and pick out the stuff we want, and the semi delivers to the back door (sure beats mechas wrecking the local roads.) Excuse me a moment...

Nekoyashiki, Wren you want to play with Yuki's little one? Ask him. Neither he nor his wife bite. Okay, I'll go with you to inquire.

Sorry, gotta go again. I'll let you guys know who the culprits of the Grand Gorge are later. :rolleyes:

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

Last edited:
The snow spirits are having a field day today helping stuck motorists out (freaking out some of them by going outside sans outerwear [coats, hats, boots, gloves, etc.]) I have snow cones and iced tea for them (they are crazy, that they are.) The rest of my "guests" are staying indoors (they're saner, relatively speaking.)

To give you an idea how bad the weather is here, one of the deejays here has been stuck in the station's parking lots since 3 o'clock local time and she was told that she should expect roughly an 8 1/2 hour wait for assistance. Earlier today, a plow truck (lorry) was stuck, too, as well as a few busses. We have roughly between 8" and 14" of heavy snow. I'm staying in this weekend, especially since the weather forecasters are expecting more snow Sunday. :)eek:) Isn't it supposed to be Spring? :confused:

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

A shot of whiskey, please, with a shot of vodka chaser. Thank you.

I got more "guests" drop in (I just wish some of my guests would leave) "drip drying" from the thunderstorm. At least they avoided the excitement from early Saturday morning (5:01 am Milwaukee time.) Yuki was quite :mad: at the neighbor who set off the smoke alarms throughout the complex (not to mention several of the other guests, including Ukitake [since the smoke set off a fit of uncontrolled coughing].)

The semi made another delivery last night, and one of the drivers brought Yuki's son a plushie (quite a number of the adults had fun watching the little boy playing with the purple walrus toy.) I think the kid has a bigger fan club than the father. Oh, excuse me for a minute...

Guys, we're having chili bread bowls for lunch, okay? Yuki, there's a kiddie spaghetti meal for your future heartbreaker since you know how I make chili. Or do you think a PB&J sandwich would be more palatable?

Better start dishing out chili cause the natives are getting restless. At least Yuu (one of the new guys) is lending a hand and not a foot like Orihime.

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

Last edited:
I just realized something: a rather important holiday/festival is coming up in two weeks and I have to work out how to feed "the masses" (aka my guests.) The local "help" won't give me enough food due to the fact that I have too bloody many people to qualify (I believe the cut-off point is roughly 10 people in a household, and I surpassed that the first or second wave of guests.) Speaking of food, excuse me a moment...

Yoshida, Yuki asked me to thank you for the Hokkaido Snowman and the Fat Potato banks. He knows your appetite. :)

Luckily, things have been a bit quieter this weekend (knock wood) than last weekend. I'm getting the logistics of a huge seder worked out for around 250 people so I would know how many tables, chairs, etc. to rent and how much chow to purchase (I think some of these companies should give me a huge discount due to the volume I buy now.)

Gotta go. Too many "uncles" spoiling the kid.

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

We've silenced the voices of nature. It's not that the wind says nothing. It is that we can't hear the wind over the ringing of our own industry.

The water speaks. Where are we?

The wind blew hard and quickly yesterday, trying to carve itself into our attention. I sat on a rock and listened. The wind blew. It tossed against my hooded head, licked my ear. It spoke in a language of trees and breezes. The hawks hung on the wind, rode its eddies and currents over me, circled. I watched. I sat and watched. I stretched out on the rock and moss and watched.

The plants push up through silence to speak sun languages. We are deaf to them.

When I put my hand to the Earth, it soothes my cells. It tells me this: you are of me, you are being taken care of.

The wind blows hard and cold. The rocks and the trees shelter me. I listen to the language of the wind over the land, and begin to understand.

[not entirely fictional and not entirely metaphorical]

We've silenced the voices of nature. It's not that the wind says nothing. It is that we can't hear the wind over the ringing of our own industry.

The water speaks. Where are we?

The wind blew hard and quickly yesterday, trying to carve itself into our attention. I sat on a rock and listened. The wind blew. It tossed against my hooded head, licked my ear. It spoke in a language of trees and breezes. The hawks hung on the wind, rode its eddies and currents over me, circled. I watched. I sat and watched. I stretched out on the rock and moss and watched.

The plants push up through silence to speak sun languages. We are deaf to them.

When I put my hand to the Earth, it soothes my cells. It tells me this: you are of me, you are being taken care of.

The wind blows hard and cold. The rocks and the trees shelter me. I listen to the language of the wind over the land, and begin to understand.

[not entirely fictional and not entirely metaphorical]

Pathless, In your post I read the language of transcendence...... :)

- c -

Found out I've got more than 300 "guests" (and more seem to arrive. *primal scream the likes nobody on the forum has ever heard, including around those who encounter rats/mice when "they" are severely afraid of those particular vermin*) One of the new guests is a cute little :kitty: with a rather, um, interesting name (she seems to like Liver Lunch and Fishy Feast :kitty: foods.) Excuse me for a minute....

Guys, please eat your burgers outside, or at least the buns. Thank you.

I'm back. The snow spirits are miserable (the weather's been too warm for them so they're staying indoors with the air conditioner on full blast, coldest setting.) They might go into what I call "reverse hibernation" since I don't recall the correct word for when an animal goes to sleep when the weather is too hot. :eek: They've invaded the Passover ice cream stash, which I don't mind too much, but I wish they would've washed out their dishes. Excuse me again.

Chii, you want some milk and Fishy Feast? I'll be right there.

Gotta go. Cute :kitty: is paging me.

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

We're having homemade pizzas tonight (several jars of yeast "gave their lives" for the cause.) I guess that's a good way to get rid of the "I'm gonna KILL THAT B@ST@RD" urge from the news story about the Austrian male who kept his daughter locked up and committed several counts of incest ("fathered" the woman's six/seven children.) I mean, since the majority of my "guests" are proficient in the use of various weapons (mostly swords), and several are capable of combat-magic, it would not be pretty if they went berserk on the male. Excuse me for a moment...

You want the industrial size can of sliced olives and the industrial size jar of sliced mushrooms? They're underneath the sink. Okay. Olive oil is in the cabinet over the refrigerator. Fresh tomatoes are in the refrigerator, ready for slicing.

Gotta go. The "troops" need my attention.

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

Yeah, you guessed it: more "guests". *fills tall glass with single malt Scotch and drinks down before refilling* If I get more guests without any of the current ones moving back to their initial realm, I'm going to start playing chicken with a freight train. At least several dorms and apartments are opening up around campus that are affiliated with the university (summer session's here.) Excuse me for a second...

Emda, please go with Nekoyashiki, Wren and Sakuya. They'll assist you with finding what is considered proper things for your status. A loincloth is too flattering on you and there are too many girls around here that might attack before you know it. If you want to repay them for their efforts, a couple of fish will do.

Chii's been rather busy looking cute (winning hearts around town, especially the vet staff where I bring the cattery.) She's got Nekoyashiki wrapped around her paw, but not too firmly (he still knows when to refuse to give her a bowl of Liver Lunch or Fishy Feast, but he'll let her walk all over him - literally.) She's also wrapped one of the newcomers around her grey tabby paw (poor Shinya had no chance against her innate "kawaii-ness" [cuteness].) Speak of the devil...

Chii, I know your bowl's been filled more than once with Liver Lunch and once with Fishy Feast. That's more than enough. Nekoyashiki? He's helping someone right now, but Shinya's here and more than happy to play with you. I'll let him know his presence has been requested.

*sigh* :kitty:s. :rolleyes: Anyway, we have a pair of physicians (which is a blessing) and several other newcomers (many of the "veterans" have been helping out in acclimating the "newbies", which has helped me a bit) but we still have difficulties with some of the neighbors. *perks ears* Uh oh. Sounds like trouble. Excuse me...

Nova? Thanks.

Gotta go. Sorry.

Phyllis Sidhe Uaine

Last edited:
*stares forelornly at five empty bottles of single-malt scotch*

Yep, more guests, and none of the previous ones have left. One of the "newbies" has left at least a couple of shuriken in the outside wall of my apartment complex (which happens to be brick) and another one has caused no end of trouble with some of my neighbors (zie's a trans that looks quite a bit like a female although zie isn't.) The identical twins are also a bit disconcerting at times (especially when helping their boss. :rolleyes:) Wren has been helping out with Homare (asking to be "taken for a spin" on occasion, especially after logging in a flight plan) and occasionally with Misao (getting him to and from good fishing spots.) It was quite amusing to see the pair try to take him, especially the first time (Homare and Misao = :eek:, Wren = :D.) Excuse me for a moment...

Another fishing excursion? Would you like to have some company besides Wren? Shigure's interested in going fishing, too. Don't worry. She doesn't use regular gear. Says it's too easy. She's bringing her bow and a quiverful. Ah, one more thing, Misao. She's kunoichi, so hands off. Relay that to your brother and the others, okay? I don't want to have to ask where the bodies are. You saw the shuriken in the building? Hers. Thanks.

I better make sure that he doesn't try to steal Wren again (falling into Lake Michigan from 1000 feet without any protective gear tends to have a negative physical impact, especially near the rocks or other shallows.) *looks at the empty bottles of single-malt scotch again, then some of the cattery*

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

:bigcry: DOESN'T ANYBODY WANT TO TAKE SOME OF MY GUESTS OFF MY HANDS? PLEASE! /:bigcry:

*takes a very deep breath* Okay, I have more "visitors" who've "dropped in" (why don't they LEAVE?) and I'm out of all potent potables (alcoholic beverages) courtesy of me. A few are rather amicable teachers and one is a rather interesting swordsman (he's blind, yet can kick his opponent's rear.) Excuse me a moment...

Koshiba-sensei, Chii's been fed already. Why not get the bottle of catnip bubbles for her? She enjoys playing with them. Okay.

*sigh* Misao's recuperating from the injuries he sustained trying to steal Wren (he's lucky Wren wasn't feeling malicious and only dumped him at 500 feet into Lake Michigan, and into deep water instead of the shallows.) Kanou (Misao's employer) tried to intimidate Wren, but found himself in a bit of a mess (he's recuperating, too) so he's learned his lesson, also. Hijikata Mamoru, the visually impaired swordsman, has gone out "jet-skiing" on Wren (Wren drove, naturally) while Hijikata's tech-guy has been perusing the mecha's out back (I heard he's still pestering the mecha pilots with questions, including Ryogo, who is relatively unflappable.)

Genbatsu Edo's being "entertained" by Katsuragi Mikan (a Shinto priestess), Nekoyashiki (Onmyoujii) and Sekiren (Vajrayana vehicle buddhist) while Saizou's been working with some of the guys from the "all-male" talent agency (all of the "talent"s are male while most of the staff is male [there are a few female staffers].) *sigh* The :kitty:s are so busy with the guests that they (the :kitty:s) are truly stressed out, except for Chii, who is too new to this to be able to tell. Excuse me...

Another request for a major delivery? Okay, I call it in. :rolleyes:

Anybody here have some potent potables? Please?

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

Ah, the pleasures watching a water fight during warm weather (especially when surprising a couple of "victims" with ambidexterity [the twins "got it" when I "took them out" {the elder went left, the younger went right, and both fell victim to "water bombs" at the same time.]) Several boxes of water balloons gave their lives for "The Cause" as well as several gallons of water in "Super Soaker" water guns. Alas, now I have to deal with a few hundred wet towels (dryers are running constantly now so that there won't be the unmistakable smell of sour cotton) and too many loads of wet clothes that were casualties of the free-for-all. Poor Chii fell victim to her curiosity (claws + filled water balloons = wet :kitty: ) but she'll survive after a bowl of Liver Lunch. Excuse me a moment...

Emda, the delivery's arrived? Thanks. Oh, Chii will be just fine. I'll let her know of your concern. Nekoyashiki said she'll be fine and he knows her people better than even I do. Okay.

Gotta go. I'm getting a pair of semis delivering now instead of just one. :rolleyes: Thank the PtBs that I'm not being charged extra for the drivers' fuel costs.

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

Last edited:
Even more "guests" have arrived and the weather's rather hot and humid (another huge water battle and the twins are quite embarrassed [fell victim to several "booby traps", much to the chagrin of their boss] along with Emda [the adept hunter].) Mikase and Kotarou are having a bit of a time of it due to the huge crowd but Rune seems to have eased a little, taking them in hand. The entire group is going to listen to Earth, Wind and Fire at Summerfest (a local music festival.) It's a good thing they went when the admission was free (with over 300 people at double-digit ticket prices, plus the price of all the food and drink to satiate them...)

We're also having another "block party" and Sado invited the college band he's become friends with (the original lead singer quit in disgust after being shown up by Sakuya and several members of the talent agency, but the position's been filled by someone with considerably more talent [a freshman from the Fine Arts department].) I'm just setting up some of the stuff so that it won't be too nerve-wracking on anybody due to too many last-minute details. At least it's quiet now with only the cattery keeping me company (they've been less active due to the heat.)

Gotta go. Chii's looking longingly at the bag of Liver Lunch :kitty: food.

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

The "block party" is being "held over" due to too much success (I found out that quite a few of the guys from the talent agencies had a blast dancing at Earth, Wind and Fire's concert [disco's easy to choreograph to, I guess] and the bands along with a stereo system have been used quite a bit at the semi-private gala.) I've had a few "drop in"s from the Mabinogi-verse, too (I hope they'll return, thereby giving a not-so-subtle hint to the rest of my guests.) It's not that I don't like my guests, but...well. *shrug*

The cats have finished the last of both the Liver Lunch and the Fishy Feast (luckily one of the local pet supply stores is shipping a truckload later today.) Malcolm and Lytefoote have hit it off (she doesn't have her usually perpetual cartoon bubble with "Die" prominently displayed when she spots him [she even goes directly to him when he's spotted].) Nekoyashiki's very jealous of Malcolm right now, I guess, but it won't last long (the young shopkeeper's quite an amiable gentleman if I do say so myself. :eek:)

It's relatively quiet right now seeing that it's not-quite six am here and the neighbors are asleep as are most of my guests. I just thought you guys would like an update (something to keep you going for now. :eek:)

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

It's quiet again (for now) as all of my guests are sleeping (I guess reserving the pool today was a good idea.)

I have even more guests *another primal scream that juantoo3 can hear perfectly where he's at* and a standing order for four semis a week for deliveries (might go up, might not.) Several of the :kitty:s are making themselves even more useful than before (one has attached herself to the blind swordsman and has gotten the rest of the :kitty:s to purr when they sense him, while others are going around as therapy :kitty:s to newcomers and veterans alike [smart :kitty:s].)

I've gotten most of the guys registered for school and the like (one of the newbies has an interview at a law firm in a couple of weeks [after he takes the bar exam here so he can legally practice law {what a concept!}] while several others are taking various classes in local high schools and at the same university I attend.) I'm just hoping that their paperwork isn't looked at too closely. Ah, well.

Gotta go. A new :kitty: has arrived, and she's nesting so I'm going to have to call in a quick order for kitten food and vet service.

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

YouTube - Boston - A Man I'll Never Be (audio only)

Ah, sorry. I'm introducing the gang to a new (to them) song. They seem to enjoy it (especially the meeker ones.) Poor Malcolm is beet red (several of us have caught him glancing over at Nora now and again during the song, and a few of them won't let him live that down [typical guys. :rolleyes:]) I think I'll rescue him later.

We found a really neat restaurant here by chance (authentic Indian food) that's only open 3 hours a day Monday through Friday. Next time, I'll go with only a tenth of the guys since we pretty much took up the entire joint. Quite a few were really intrigued by the curries (first time they've had these kinds [I make Punjabi style when I make Indian curry, and the restaurant doesn't make that particular style]) and I have a sneaking suspicion that I'll be trying other regional curry recipes later on (command "performance".) Ah, the things one learns from talking with one's cab driver...

The :kitty:s were also rather busy in their feline ways. The newest one had her litter and the veteran females have taken up defending both her and her brood. I don't know how many males have undergone "wound repair" (a "shot across their bows" with extended claws) but I'm getting more disinfectant later today.

Gotta go. Sounds like another :kitty: battle. :rolleyes:

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

Back