Fictionalize Yourself

Asami's under "apartment guard". The target of his ire is in the hospital but will be transferred to a jail cell when he recovers.

I know, I know. Why was he ticked?

He was offered a young lady's "services" by her so-called boyfriend. The girl was barely a third Asami's age. Our beloved yakuza boss isn't that desperate. Hell, young ladies twice her age pretty much try to catch his attention for, um, "adult entertainment" (and so do young men roughly the same age group.)

Anyway, the wall that was the recipient of several "boyfriend slammings" will be cleaned at the city's expense (after all of the evidence has been satisfactorily collected) and Asami is to stay at least 1000 feet away from his victim until his (Asami's) trial.

Oh, just for everybody's information, Asami's somewhere between 40 and 45.

Oh, and he's sleeping with several furred purrsons. :D

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

Sakuya's cried himself to sleep.

I made the mistake of introducing the "clan" to Michael Jackson's music through a couple of his ballads, Ben and She's Out of My Life.

Alas, Aine is out of Sakuya's life since she's returned to where they originally came from, and I guess he's still trying to deal with it. Some of the :kitty:s are sleeping with him, making sure he doesn't do anything stupid (like try to kill himself.)

Anyway, on to Asami's case: charges were dropped because the so-called boyfriend was the underage girl's pimp (both the girl and the "boyfriend" are getting three-hots-and-a-cot courtesy of the State for soliciting/pandering.) Asami hates human trafficking of all kinds (no, he doesn't consider legitimate adoption human trafficking, so rest assured lunamoth. :)) The "boyfriend" will be inside for at least ten years due to the fact that all of "his girls" are just girls (none over the age of 15) plus he was "earning" extra money through blackmail/extortion (not that easy to do with "my" yakuza/triad subclan.)

Gotta go. Sakuya's crying again in his sleep, so I should check on him.

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

My "clan" grilled out today, enjoying various buffalo products (including buffalo hot dogs with cranberries mixed into the "mince" and several different types of sausage with different berries/herbs or maple syrup flavoring them) along with several pounds of mushrooms and other veggies/fruit.

Asami and FeiLong both picked up their pen and pencil sets (Asami's being made of bloodwood), trying them out at the man's booth. Their mutual sighs of sheer pleasure caused scores of my "clan" to order sets for themselves. The vendor promised that he'll start working on their orders asap.

Dog got another smoked bone today, too (not that the last one's given up the ghost, but just to "give it rest".) Tesshou and Dog had lots of fun playing with it, and several dog owners bought bones for their canines (free advert. :D)

Gotta go. They're calling me to dinner, and they promised me that Orihime hasn't touched it. She needs cooking lessons. :rolleyes:

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

We checked out the local music festival today (just a small group of twenty.) Tomorrow we're going to go all out (although they're leaving the weapons behind, especially Wren [heavy weaponry vs human targets isn't pretty. *green:p*].) We're going to have a block party starting Wednesday, running through the end of next week. It'll be "dry" so we don't have to deal with drunks, but there's going to be so much music, dancing, free medical care for both the human and non-human populations and lots of ingestables (both food and drink.)

Al went sailing today (had a blast piloting something that didn't require a couple of tugboats to help berth it) and hopes to go out again with the Sailing Club. He exchanged stories with the "old salt" he was partnered with (the club partners new faces with "old salts" until they can prove they can handle the boats [safety reasons]) and realized that they had been in several of the same ports of call (albeit not in the same dimension.) They regaled each other with tales of "brig time", especially the "glorious fights that ended with time in the brig." What is it about some sailors that make them bond with those who have seen the insides of the same jail cells for the same reason, i.e. stupidity? Anyway, Al can take out a boat whenever he wants (as long as he lets somebody in the clubhouse know that he's going.)

Oh, the "clan" informed me that we're also going to wander the Circus Parade grounds when the Great Circus Parade comes to town. They feel it would be more interesting than going to Bastille Days again. I feel that as long as there aren't any incidents like there were last Wednesday at one of the public parks here, I'm ecstatic. I wonder if the police have captured the hit-and-run driver that ran over a young girl when the pool closed due to rambunctious behavior.

Gotta go. Big day tomorrow (Chicago and Earth, Wind and Fire concert, and the "dance team" is going to unveil the new routines. :eek:)

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

Shouko and Suoh are getting along famously, Shouko treating the blond bodyguard to peach melba gelato for getting her safely out of a not-so-nice situation.

You see, the music festival is so big and crowded that it's extremely easy to get separated/lost. Anyway, a few males tried to "pick up" Shouko, cornering her. Suoh, not that far away, noticed her dilemma and stepped in (he included some "promises", one being that if those males didn't leave her alone, they would be leaving the grounds in pieces.) He then suggested that she ride on his shoulders, giving him an advantage in finding others in our group.

First spotted were FeiLong and Tao and, after they rejoined FeiLong and Tao, FeiLong decided to give Tao a ride, too. Both of the youths quickly made a game of "Spot the Community's Members" (laughing with/at each other and their modes of transportation.)

Anyway, right now they're all at the Chicago-Earth, Wind and Fire concert. (probably dancing a bit [and not like the drunks].) I'll try to give an update sometime this week on their reception. :D

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

Two more "guests" *Primal Scream Heard 'Round the World*

Roy Mustang and Maes Hughes just arrived (yeah, two characters from Full Metal Alchemist) and poor Roy got to see an interesting avatar (I'm not going to go any further with the description, trust me.)

Strangely enough, neither of them could fall asleep with :kitty:s, so I had to crawl in on top of their blankets until they fell asleep. I hope they'll be able to sleep either on their own or with a furred purrson.

Hughes has volunteered to watch any and all kids, including those who are already in their teens, and we're trying to find a place for Roy (might even conscript him for kitchen duty if need be.)

The :kitty:s are settling down after the events of the past couple of weeks (fireworks + :kitty:s = chaos) and Nekoyashiki's rather irate with several neighbors ("They know that setting off fireworks within city limits by those who aren't professionals is illegal as well as shooting off guns!") Might ask Wren to fly the onmyoujin somewhere quiet with several :kitty:s to rest and recreate.

Gotta go. Roy's looking over my shoulder, intrigued by the computer.

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

If my words confuse you, please forgive. I have no use for words mosttimes, and I find their descriptive power nebulous and vague, but since I must, I will use them nonetheless.

Who am I, you ask?

Well, that is the question, isn't it....

I can't remember the beginning. As I say this, please know that I do remember the beginning. The beginning of all. I cannot, however, remember my beginning. That is what you are after, I'd wager.

Maybe I have always been. Maybe I never have been.

You can call me John. John is a common enough name, enduring enough, is it not?

I am the narrator. The narrator for all time and existence. The narrator of your life, all of your lives. All of you.

I have been here since the beginning. My beginning, this "universe". Universe... All that vast space and innumerable pieces of matter. All the life. All the wonder. All compiled into one word. A mere eight letters.

I suppose words are as intriguing as infuriating to me. Words among the multitude of such things.

But I digress.

I have seen the rise and fall and rise again of man on this tiny planet. I have seen the repeat of history, countless times, from countless angles. Countless failures, joys.

But man was not the first on this small planet to go through such things. Will he be the last? Who in their wisdom could say? Certainly not me, I control nothing. Not even my own thoughts it would seem at times. If the uncontrolled flow of informative jumble that takes place in my conscience could be called thoughts. You humans are so lucky to have brains. Dampers, they are. Fleshy highways for the control and subordination of thought.

Ah, how I envy this. How I envy you...

But you want something from me, surely.

I cannot give much.

I cannot tell a tale. Which would I tell? That of a star? A molecule of hydrogen? A human?

Ah, a human. You would be interested in that, would you not? But I will not continue. I cannot. I merely introduce myself. Perhaps out of some kind of new curiosity. Perhaps out of nothing.

I fear I have given you little of use, and I must leave you now, as my attention is wandering. I can feel the pull of the untold tale before me.

Ah, how rude, you are still here, and my thoughts are so far now.

I will leave you to your thoughts. Be they about me, or things more central to you.

This place is so fascinating, truly remarkable...

Good day...

GloryToGod stood transfixed in the supermarket yogurt isle like a frightened bunny rabbit, spellbound by the overwhelming presence of yogurt, the shear volume of choice was frightening, what was he to do which yogurt should he choose the fear and dread came down and rested on him like a wet heavy blanket.

Whatever happened to just ordinary yogurt ?

GloryToGod scanned the isle eagerly looking for the plain ordinary yogurt that he remembered from childhood, but alas it was gone, twas no more, no made just yogurt any more :eek:

to be continued.

A star is being born across this Galaxy. It is a beautiful star, so small as these things go. So bright, new.

But it's you. I know you. Have spoken to you before....

Why have you called me back to you? You stand at this window every night, staring up into the pinprick face of the heavens, face so serene...

So serene, peaceful on the surface. But you know that I can see beyond that now don't you. See under your flesh and reveal your boiling turbulent nature.

I see your questions. Why do you ask them of me? Why do you persist?

You will blink out any moment. You know this. You should. I cannot dig further into this. I cannot know you. Know your enduring soul that I am cut off from as soon as it leaves your constriction of skin.

I cannot endure it. But of course I can. I simply do not want to. I do not...

I will come closer my lovely newborn star. My beautiful human flare. I will come close enough to see. To feel your trapped soul, taste it as it seeps from the edges, the cracks in it's soft prison.

I feel your life. I feel your soul. My little star. My frail little, short lived little human.

I cannot stand the blast furnace of your spirit. And I crave it. Can't make myself move away as a tear trails down your living skin, ever changing little pieces of you. I cannot move away. I am enthralled by you. Completely prostrate before your beauty.

Why do you cry, my lovely?

You love another now. Have forgotten me. A sweet faced girl with a soul not nearly as shining as your's. The blazing supernova that you are. Pretty thing. Simply pretty. But your soul is drawn to her, this I know. You haven't forgotten me. But do you want to?

You have outgrown our time together. Pity I can't let go. It is as I feared my lovely bright speck. You consume my attention now. Ah, me. When will I be freed of this?

You have grown older, while I was distracted. While I watched but did not see. You are so constantly changing that I hadn't noticed, hadn't realized.

Will you die? When will you burn out, my little star?

When will you leave me?

What are these little creatures then? Yours I see. Connected to you, as the sweet faced girl is connected. Newborn. They still do not burn as bright as you do my love.

They grow. My, but do they grow. And as they grow, you wither. They sap the life from you my lovely. But they do not dull the white hot glow of your soul. They can not steal that from you. Why do you love these little creatures so?

Have you forgotten me my lovely little star? Why can I not do the same to you?

How do you still enthrall me so?

Will you die soon little one? Your soul burns hotter now than ever.

What will happen to me when you go? Carry on as always I realize. I wish it was not so. I love you, little one. I love you.

Don't die.

What has happened to you now, love? Your little beasts have left. Your sweet faced wife is gone. She left you little one, as you will leave me soon.

It is as if your soul is working to burn free from your body. I see it stretching your flesh, tearing small holes in the paper thin casing. It eats at you love. It uses your body for fuel. It will consume you completely.

I want to save you from this. I want to catch that bright firefly soul of yours up in my hands and hold it fast to my chest. I want to devour it. Become it.

But I have neither hands nor chest. I cannot keep you with me. I cannot save you from what will come.

At the very least I wish I could follow your soul.

I can do none of these things.

But it is happening as I think these things. Must it happen so fast, so quick. I can not stand this quickness all around. I want to love something that lasts. Love a star, a brilliant burning star that will seem dull in comparison to you I suppose.

You are brighter than any star now. More lustrous and attractive.

I love you still, little one, even as you leave me. Even though you cause a pain in me that should not be here. I have no physical body. Where does this burning come from? I suppose that if I had a heart, it would be burned away by this pain by now. Stripped completely.

Your soul just wisped away. It did not move, but was covered, obscured from my vision. You did not disappear, love. You merely went away. Went away so far that I cannot see you. Even I.

You still exist. I could not bear it if you had ceased to exist.

But I would have had to, wouldn't I. Had to endure that torment.

Goodbye my lovely. Goodbye my little star. I wish I had never seen your brilliance. I wish I had been blinded by it at the very least.

Then I could not see the beauty shift and wane in your absence.

Across this galaxy a star was just born. It seems dimmer now, just as I thought it would....

Another day, another farmers market. Roy and Maes got some kettle corn (and Roy got a fried asset, courtesy of Nova.)

Anyway, last weekend, we went to see the Circus Parade grounds (there were more of us than there were of actual participants, believe it or not) and I had to let Emba and Yuuen know that the animal participants weren't on the predator/prey scale (PUT THAT SPEAR AWAY! NO HUNTING!) and the vets caught a few minor ailments with some of the animals in question. Roy and Emba helped stop one of the wagons (Roy set two fires to create a corridor and Emba jumped onto the yoke, then pulled on the reins hard enough to stop the lead horses.) I'm not sure if the Circus World Museum's going to keep the guy who was driving the wagon due to his endangering the safety of others.

Well, I've got to go. Several of my "clan" are clammoring for ice cream (it's in the mid to upper 80s F here.) :D

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

The "clan" had a "melon gorge" yesterday (I prefer to have "birthday cake" on the 19th, which was my mom's b-day.) Yellow watermelon, casaba, crenshaws, Juan Canaries, Santa Clauses, and a couple of other kinds that I can't recall off the top of my head right now found their way down several gullets (and so many of the "clan" never encountered some of them [especially the yellow watermelons].) Alberto asked the driver from the supermarket to send more of the watermelon (something about a yellow watermelon granita) but I'll leave the details to him. :D

We also went to visit my parents yesterday (a couple of the shinigami recognized them) and we had six different rituals performed in their memory (Buddhist, Shinto, onmyoudou, Catholic, Jewish and some ancient religion [didn't think to ask Emba or Yuuen, who led that one].) Oh, and before anybody asks, Al is Catholic. It was funny trying to explain what was going on to the caretakers of the cemetary as well as to another recently bereaved family. There was an attempted feast by an hungry ghost on the funeral procession, but when one has several score of shinigami, many of them seasoned warriors, odds are not in the ghost's favor. :D

I'll update later. Kei and Suoh are "discussing" Midori with Al (and whether to add some to the granita.) :rolleyes:

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

We've been rather busy (as if this place hasn't. :rolleyes:)

I'm "teaching" several score of the guys how to P&P RP (hopefully my friends Ty and America will be willing to GM several games for them, too [perhaps teaching some of them how to run games] so that there's always something going on, even during "down time".)

Kei and Suoh lost the Midori "discussion", but they took it like adults (they've been drizzling some on their own servings. *shrug)

Oh, before I forget, Belinda's home. *happy dance* She'll be going to rehab for quite a while, but she's doing rather well, considering. Hughes is taking extra time with her (I think it is for his benefit as well as hers.) She's partially paralyzed on her right side and she's going to require special casts to help stretch her right leg (perhaps special orthopedic shoes to compensate, too.) The "in-house" doctors are coordinating treatments with the physicians at Children's as well as the PT/OT staff there. Oh, and the :kitty:s are more than welcome to come back (including Chii and Tiger Lily.)

The "clan" is currently working on the benefit for the Humane Society/Hunger Task Force (and are letting the DJs and the press know about it.) Right now, I'm not thinking potent potables: I'm thinking I need a joint! :cool:

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

Last edited:
You guessed it. *starts tying a hangman's noose* This time, it's an LEO/circus ("carnivale" [sp?]) troupe. I feel a bit sorry for Leftenant Yogi (he bumped into Shigure right after she got back from swimming, and she uses traditional Japanese "frillies" for a swimming suit, plus she never goes anywhere without having several discrete/nondiscrete weapons on her person.) At least he avoided getting any extra holes/slits in his person courtesy of her infamous shuriken (those went into the neighbor who lives just above me.)

I've had so many come that I now just have to say, "The routine," and every veteran of my chaos just slides into his/her team function (yeah, we now have teams!) The newbies repaid us with a performance, which several of the veterans participated in (Colonel Mustang amused some of them with his fire alchemy while Emba and Yuuen startled them with some reenactments of past hunts and the like [including the rescue of their son from his biological father].) Tomorrow, we're having a concert in preparation for our next fundraiser.

One good thing about our latest "guests": their sheep aren't the kind we need to worry about (they're AI mechs.) It's just the rest of the group I have to fret over (especially since the good Leftenant has at least three allergies [but they have a doctor or two with them who will consult with our in-house staff. :rolleyes:].)

Oh, and the :kitty:s were a hit with most of the newbies (they met sans greasepaint, so the :kitty:s were a bit more relaxed around them.)

Before I forget, tomorrow is also farmers market day (PtBs help us all!)

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

Last edited:
Ah, that roach was good! :cool:

Sorry, it was a "chicken with its head cut off" day, starting with the mass exodus to get the a$$tard who broke one of my windows (almost 500 "people" at last census) and most of them armed in some way. I think the perps were finally caught by Shuuhei and Yogi (both dual-blade wielders, but not the same type of blade [thank the PtBs!].)

Anyway, we then went to the farmers market and the newbies ecountered the kettle corn guy. Good thing kettle corn is similar to "circus food" (close to thirty pounds of the stuff went down their gullets.) Belinda got a bouquet of flowers from one of the stalls along with catnip socks for the :kitty:s. We also picked up several pounds of honey (again. :rolleyes:)

The "entertainment" was just as sad as the last three (our musical talents took care of that when we got home, singing along with the radio.) We're currently polishing up the stuff we're using for the Hunger Task Force-Humane Society fundraiser (Takaba's taking hundreds of photos, making a Powerpoint presentation to broadcast, including a few photos of Suoh or Belinda playing with Tiger Lily.) Yogi's looking through a costume shop that I've used in the past (he nearly had an orgasm when he browsed through their inventory, moreso when he found out that they do special orders!) He's working with one of the designers to make a mascot costume that he can hide his twin rapiers in that can be shed quickly, if necessary.

Afterwards, we RPed (several of our characters died and a higher propotion nearly died, but they pretty much had a blast and want to do it even more!) Tyler, America and I are going to introduce them to the Dark Heresy universe next (we played D&D 4th today.) *Note to self: fudge Ooze stats/abilities when playing 1st level anythings (the "dead" clerics will be more than grateful!)*

Gotta go. The leftenant wants to consult with me about a cute mascot idea he has.

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

I felt sorry for poor Nai today.

You see, he's got extremely sensitive hearing (almost dog or :kitty: worthy) and the Blue Angels were doing flyovers (yep, fighters.) One pilot came relatively close and Nai passed out from the noise/pressure. When he came to, one of the guys who was going to the target range gave the lad his hearing protection (they look like older style headphones, but they suppress the noise from firearms.) I have a sneaking suspicion that there's going to be a run on hearing protection ranging from ear plugs to the headphone style Nai's currently wearing.

I treated several of the newbies to ice cream pellets (it's ice cream that's made into tiny lentils.) Yogi ate five servings (I wonder if his first or second language has the word "oink" in it in all its various intonations.) He seems to like strawberry cheesecake, Neapolitan, and waffle cone twist flavors. Nobody seemed to care for the cotton candy or the cherry blast flavors. *shrug*

I got a call from the costume shop concerning our favorite leftenant's mascot idea. He has an appointment to be measured for the order (I suggested that he borrow a pair of props instead of bringing his actual rapiers ["security force"] adding a nice little bribe, which will go straight to his stomach.) He showed me his idea, which is a cute Akita puppy. Another one of the members of Circus is going to be a Japanese bobtail :kitty: while still another is going to be a stylized bird. The lady who is helping us is someone I've done business with before (she's setting aside a couple of 19th century style costumes for me, knowing my preferences. ;))

The music groups are practicing on campus, getting constructive criticism from several students. Sado is playing with the college group (they enjoy him sitting in.) Several of the guys have been propositioned :)o all around) as have a few of the girls.

Anyway, the DJs from the Children's Hospital telethon sent over one of their colleagues, who is big with the Humane Society fundraisers to talk with those who are participating in the most recent fundraiser. She met Suoh and his manager, moved to tears when he told her about TL's life with him and why he chose her. He also told the DJ about letting the sleek :kitty: stay a while with Belinda during the girl's hospital convalescence.

Gotta go. Nai's anxious to see the fighters, and he wants me to go with him.

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

Sorry about this update so soon after my previous one, but we had an interesting situation occur at the air show.

One of the pilots was in trouble, so Nova and Wren "scrambled", Wren transforming into a plane and Nova climbing in to act as a "wing walker". When the duo got close enough to the plane in distress, Nova climbed out, then "activated" his "talent" (which is to create a "wormhole") and set both planes (the one that was in trouble and Wren) down safely where nobody was sitting. All anybody "not in the know" could see was a strange ripple in the sky, sort of like when one sees heat ripples closer to ground level. Alas, both of my guys are going to have to fill out a report in quadruplicate about what happened (I suggested that they leave out a couple of things, like Nova's "teleport" ability [I don't think the FAA is ready for something like that] or Wren's ability to transform into almost any aircraft and not require a pilot or copilot].)

Anyway, when we got back to the apartment, the police were waiting (a followup on the broken window [which, for the time being, has a thick wood plank covering it until it can be replaced]) and we were asked several times about concealed weapons. I replied that we don't conceal any weapons because we don't really need to. Heck, why conceal when one wants to let others know that one is armed and can be dangerous? Anyway, I felt sorry for the leftenant, being on the receiving end of an interrogation (oven "fried" chicken and triple English toffee cookies await him when we go back to the apartment.)

Right now, we're all "casing" the campus for decent areas for the upcoming fundraiser, taking into consideration where would be a good spot for the DJ to broadcast and where would be a reasonable place for several wire walkers. :D We're also figuring out where to place the mascots. :D

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

Another day, another farmers market.

Asami and FeiLong introduced Hirato to the pen maker. Who's Hirato, you ask? He's one of the "ringmasters"/commanders of Circus and Leftenant Yogi's immediate boss. When he says jump, one doesn't ask where or how high, just start hopping.

Speaking of Yogi, he overindulged in honey lemonade and honey popcorn, finding he didn't have enough room for buffalo jerky. Good thing several of the veteran members bought the guy out. Emba has an appointment/invitation to hunt in the gentleman's herd.

They also got several quarts of gazpacho from a soup vendor and lots of baked goods from the Amish vendor (a couple of Circus members haggled with the Amish for a couple of quilts similar to the cute ones used in the booth, paying close to $150 for each.)

Another member of Circus bought several quarts of strawberries, golden raspberries and a few pounds each of Yukon gold and purple potatoes. I have a feeling in the pit of my stomach that they won't last til next week (they taste too good!) I promised her that we'll pick up a few baskets of heirloom tomatoes when the stuff she bought today is gone.

This week at the market, there was an Iron Chef-like cooking competition, but we didn't stick around for it (we headed for campus to do some stuff instead.) My "clan" in street clothes turned so many heads that I'm surprised I'm still able to report now from the apartment and not from a jail cell. We filled out the paperwork to hold the combined fundraiser there the second week in August, and Hirato was interviewed by the campus police about Circus's qualifications in security. It was grueling, but necessary. :eek:

When we got home, we put everything away, then started working on the program. I made a few song suggestions for the dancers, playing several of them (they loved Midnight Star's Freak-a-Zoid, gushing about how easy it would be to choreograph an entire routine with it that someone with three left feet could dance to.) Then we turned on my little radio and just let loose with our voices.

Gotta go. Yogi's suffering the repercussions of eating too much "circus food"/honey-laced stuff for brunch. Yes, Yogi, I'm bringing the ginger. :rolleyes:

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

Last edited:
Well, the "clan" has experience in Dark Heresy (and "my girl" is a bit corrupted due to being a rather effective/efficient assassin [a flamer and a hunting rifle against kids who were corrupted by the planet they were on {only two kids survived the entire encounter and the other two members of the party aren't exactly "okay": ie bionics required and insanity gained - guardsman's now hydrophobic and the scum's afraid of the assassin -} and the assassin just might end up going in front of a tribunal for her actions].)

Anyway, someone made the mistake of trying to pick a few of our pockets while we waited in line at the nearby chain store (the last victim was Shigure and she had a couple of her infamous shuriken in the pocket the guy stuck his hand in.) Circus went to town. ;) Good thing that most of "the clan" weren't there or it would've been really interesting!

When we got home, we basically set up a "pizza assembly line", using the ovens in six of the apartments besides mine (14 pizzas baking at the same time sure beats trying to figure who to feed first/how much to spend for delivery (heck, if we got delivery, they would have to send at least three guys to the apartment with several dozen boxes of pizza, and some still might have to be reheated!)

After dinner was undergoing digestion, the choreographers worked a bit with some of the dancers on their routines. One of them is working on a special pas de deux with me (PRAY FOR ME. :eek:) It's short, not really ballet, per se, but I'm going to perform with Hirato, who is much more agile than I, plus younger. Ah, well. It's for a good cause.

Gotta go. The :kitty:s are looking at me, a "Feed me or I'll raid" look in each pair of eyes.

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

Quickie update: I introduced "the clan" to a side that this one small diner here makes (cheesy garlic potatoes) and, well, they went through so much of the stuff that the poor cooks had to make an emergency trip to the store next door for fresh potatoes, fresh garlic and shredding cheese (other customers wanted some, too.) I asked the head waiter if I could make a special order for them (300 trays of the stuff for Friday [yeah, we're pigs]) and he said he'll ask and thanks for the "heads' up".

Gotta go. Major bit of :kitty: herding. :D

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

Didn't go to the market today (and I'll wager the total amount of my monthly grocery bill they [the people running the market] were grateful for that!) Instead, we had an impromptu outing/advertisement for our fundraiser. One of the local chain bike shops rented us four hundred bikes and we're doing a tour of southeastern WI (well, they are while I stayed here to man the home front.) One of the salespeople from the shop joined in as the leader/navigator/tour guide and she was grateful for so many guys protecting the group (although she said she could've done without some of the complaints [I explained that the ones complaining are more "car people" than "bike people"].)

Ukitake also stayed behind (chronic respiratory problems can be a real female canine, y'know.) He's manning the security radio and handing Wren bento boxes whenever there's a pickup. A couple of his underlings wanted to stay behind, too, but he ordered them to go (it sounds like he's fed up with them both.)

Sorry for the interruption, but I'm helping with tech support for a neighbor who needs me for "eyes" (PtBs help us when I've got better eyesight!) Ukitake has already handed Wren two tons of bento boxes (the ones for the :kitty:s and Dog are clearly marked so nobody eats the wrong ones.) Oh, and before anybody gets upset that the quadrupeds went, they are in carriers that are strapped into baskets attached to the bikes. The animals are a real hit from what I hear, too. :D ;)

Well, I'll update you guys when they reach Madison, the state capitol.

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

Last edited:
Back