do you know God by name

"All the peoples, for their part, will walk each one in the name of its god; but we, for our part, shall walk in the name of Jehovah our God to time indefinite, even forever."—Mic. 4:5.:)
Have no intention of walking in the name of anyone but Jesus. Either He is God and my savior, or I'm a damned soul. Somehow I doubt the latter...

translations being the operative word. YHWH the unsaid would be the accurate would it not? As we are aware Jews utlized the word adonai and somewhere along the line the vowel sounds from it were inserted into YHWH and we said the unsaid. And then it was translated into Latin centuries later after they started utilizing a J, and then some groups swear that is the one and only name. There are now many names for G!d. "I am" being the (modern translation ) recorded that he told Moses, yes?

still wondering about that castle symbol discussion...
think Jericho and the harlot at the ramparts, whatching for the Hebrew soldiers...

Have no intention of walking in the name of anyone but Jesus. Either He is God and my savior, or I'm a damned soul. Somehow I doubt the latter...
Declare and set forth your case; let them consult together. Who has announced this from ancient time? Who has long since declared it? Is it not I, YHWH? And there is no other God besides Me, A righteous God and a Savior; There is none except Me. So, sing to YHWH! Bless his name! Proclaim his salvation from day to day! However, many live as enemies of the cross of Christ. Their destiny is destruction, their god is their stomach, and their glory is in their shame. Their mind is on earthly things. But our citizenship is in heaven. And we eagerly await a Savior from there, the Lord Jesus Christ, who, by the power that enables him to bring everything under his control, will transform our lowly bodies so that they will be like his glorious body. Amen.

Declare and set forth your case; let them consult together. Who has announced this from ancient time? Who has long since declared it? Is it not I, YHWH? And there is no other God besides Me, A righteous God and a Savior; There is none except Me. So, sing to YHWH! Bless his name! Proclaim his salvation from day to day! However, many live as enemies of the cross of Christ. Their destiny is destruction, their god is their stomach, and their glory is in their shame. Their mind is on earthly things. But our citizenship is in heaven. And we eagerly await a Savior from there, the Lord Jesus Christ, who, by the power that enables him to bring everything under his control, will transform our lowly bodies so that they will be like his glorious body. Amen.
Did I do that Blaze? I thought I was simply speaking my mind on things. I believe unto Jesus. Simple declaration, life time of living such, nothing is boring, and I know God by name (it is Love)...what say you?

Did I do that Blaze? I thought I was simply speaking my mind on things. I believe unto Jesus. Simple declaration, life time of living such, nothing is boring, and I know God by name (it is Love)...what say you?
i was agreeing with you through the scriptures.

And a voice came out of the cloud, saying: "This is my Son, the one that has been chosen. Listen to him.LUKE 9;35

For he received from God the Father honor and glory, when words such as these were borne to him by the magnificent glory: "This is my son, my beloved, whom I myself have approved." 2 PETER 1;17

Jesus said to them: "My food is for me to do the will of him that sent me and to finish his work. JOHN 4;34

because I have come down from heaven to do, not my will, but the will of him that sent me. JOHN 6;38

"I am" being the (modern translation ) recorded that he told Moses, yes?

I WILL PROVE TO BE WHAT I WILL PROVE TO BE :) thats more like it such be .

not I AM

God’s name literally means "He Causes to Become.

I shall prove to be what I shall prove to be." (Exodus 3:14)

Rotherham’s translation pointedly states: "I Will Become whatsoever I please." Jehovah proves to be, or chooses to become, whatever is needed to make his righteous purposes and promises a reality:)

And a voice came out of the cloud, saying: "This is my Son, the one that has been chosen. Listen to him.LUKE 9;35

For he received from God the Father honor and glory, when words such as these were borne to him by the magnificent glory: "This is my son, my beloved, whom I myself have approved." 2 PETER 1;17

Jesus said to them: "My food is for me to do the will of him that sent me and to finish his work. JOHN 4;34

because I have come down from heaven to do, not my will, but the will of him that sent me. JOHN 6;38
He also, oh forget it. Mee, you are a lost puppy. You know less about God than I do, and that is scary, because you talk too much.

Hmmm, indeed. Perhaps you should take heed, particularly pertaining to Christianity.

i have and i do :)

This means everlasting life, their taking in knowledge of you, the only true God, and of the one whom you sent forth, Jesus Christ. JOHN 17;3

Yes the true God is JEHOVAH as the KJV tells me in psalm 83;18. and Jesus is the one that he sent forth as JOHN 3;16 also tells me.

i like to take in knowledge about the true God and his son Jesus christ and its all in the bible .

i have and i do :)

This means everlasting life, their taking in knowledge of you, the only true God, and of the one whom you sent forth, Jesus Christ. JOHN 17;3

Yes the true God is JEHOVAH as the KJV tells me in psalm 83;18. and Jesus is the one that he sent forth as JOHN 3;16 also tells me.

i like to take in knowledge about the true God and his son Jesus christ and its all in the bible .
No ya don't Mee. You follow the Jehovah's witness creedo, and that is your religion and faith. What it isn't, is Christian. Sorry. Psuedo Christian perhaps, but then, nothing most the rest are interested in. You may know God, but you don't know Christianity. You don't even know your God, nor the facets of that God. Like the Samaritan, you believe what you don't understand, and try to tell others they are screwed up and you are the where for all and know all. Foolish and tiring.

And for the cheap seats, according to mainstream Christianity, Jesus is God. So, be quiet concerning telling us what we don't know, because there are those here that know much more than you, and frankly are tired of the garbage you tout as pure and truth according to the bible when in fact it has nothing to do with the bible.

I'm not smiling either...

If you can't control your JW advertisement, I'm going to recommend removal of the same.

v/r

Q

If you can't control your JW advertisement, I'm going to recommend removal of the same.

v/r

Q
my advertisement is the bible , and is this not the book that should be the aurthority for all christians . :)and i am smiling :)PSALM 83;18 . the bible reveals the true Gods name . and as Jesus himself revealed , the father is greater than i am.

YOU heard that I said to YOU, I am going away and I am coming [back] to YOU. If YOU loved me, YOU would rejoice that I am going my way to the Father, because the Father is greater than I am. .....john 14;28

I am Jehovah. That is my name; and to no one else shall I give my own glory, neither my praise to graven images.ISAIAH 42;8

"Also, there was a voice from the heavens that said: ‘This is my Son, the beloved, whom I have approved.’"—MATTHEW 3:17.

I'm not smiling either...

v/r

Q
I am smiling :)
because the GOODNEWS is such GOODNEWS .

And this GOODNEWS of the kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations; and then the end will come. matthew 24;14

and it is also goodnews that the bible tells me the true Gods name .

and now i am happy :)
That people may know that you, whose name is Jehovah,
You alone are the Most High over all the earth. PSALM 83;18

because there are those here that know much more than you,

Q
.:) i am glad that thick ones like mee can gain the truth of the bible . and this verse comes to mind.

"God chose the foolish things of the world, that he might put the wise men to shame."—1 CORINTHIANS 1:27.

so knowing the true God in the right way is what it is all about.

At that time Jesus said in response: "I publicly praise you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because you have hidden these things from the wise and intellectual ones and have revealed them to babes. matthew 11;25

yes i am quite sure many know many things . but being a babe is best:)

Do your utmost to present yourself approved to God, a workman with nothing to be ashamed of, handling the word of the truth aright.... 2 timothy 2;15

according to mainstream Christianity, Jesus is God.

v/r

Q
the mainstream do believe that,

but what does the bible REALLY TEACH:)

is Jesus Christ actually God?

John 17:3, RS: [Jesus prayed to his Father:] This is eternal life, that they know thee the only true God [who alone art truly God, NE], and Jesus Christ whom thou hast sent.

Notice that Jesus referred not to himself but to his Father in heaven as the only true God.

my advertisement is the bible , and is this not the book that should be the aurthority for all christians . :)and i am smiling :)PSALM 83;18 . the bible reveals the true Gods name . and as Jesus himself revealed , the father is greater than i am.

YOU heard that I said to YOU, I am going away and I am coming [back] to YOU. If YOU loved me, YOU would rejoice that I am going my way to the Father, because the Father is greater than I am. .....john 14;28

I am Jehovah. That is my name; and to no one else shall I give my own glory, neither my praise to graven images.ISAIAH 42;8

"Also, there was a voice from the heavens that said: ‘This is my Son, the beloved, whom I have approved.’"—MATTHEW 3:17.

It is "WATCH TOWER" hidden behind scripture. It is the links to the WATCH TOWER you never cease in posting. It is the cut and paste you do because your spirit and brain appear to be lobotomized. It is your constant attack on main stream Christianity, that gets so old, few listen anymore. Yours is the stone people stumble on while trying to find their way. Your message is a second class message. Yours offers Earth, when people want to go to Heaven. Yours places man once again in a caste system, only now it's eternally enforced.

Like telling people the best they can hope for is to move from the ghetto to the middle class environs, for ever, your idea of salvation is little better.

Only one has to "work" to even get to that "middle class" status, because faith isn't enough. But a lucky few (144,000) get the good stuff, because they worked hard enough and are picked? Hardly.

but what does the bible REALLY TEACH
is Jesus Christ actually God?

John 17:3, RS: [Jesus prayed to his Father:] This is eternal life, that they know thee the only true God [who alone art truly God, NE], and Jesus Christ whom thou hast sent.

Notice that Jesus referred not to himself but to his Father in heaven as the only true God.
the bible teaches that Jesus, along with the father, and the holy spirit are the one true living God. you are taking a section out of the bible, misinterpreting it and misapplying it, and this copy and paste of the watchtower doctrine is not explaining the truth about God, but spreads something different than the gospel. yes, Jesus prayed to the father in heaven. this is the side of him that was man for a short time, and he was a man because he emptied himself of his position in heaven so that he could be born under the law and die for our sins as the Saviour. this does not take away from Jesus being God, it adds the dimension of humanity to Him, it allows us to approach the Father though Him as High Priest, and it gives us salvation by our faith in Him, and forgiveness of our sins in His name.

Yours offers Earth, when people want to go to Heaven.

quote]

the bible and what it teaches is GOOD .:)

this is what Jesus said in matthew 5;5
Happy are the mild-tempered ones, since they will inherit the earth.

and psalm 37;11 is nice to think about as well .
But the meek ones themselves will possess the earth,
And they will indeed find their exquisite delight in the abundance of peace.

and not forgetting REVELATION 21;3-4

With that I heard a loud voice from the throne say: "Look! The tent of God is with mankind, and he will reside with them, and they will be his peoples. And God himself will be with them. And he will wipe out every tear from their eyes, and death will be no more, neither will mourning nor outcry nor pain be anymore. The former things have passed away."

:) THE PROMISES IN THE BIBLE ARE VERY GOOD :)

The righteous themselves will possess the earth,
And they will reside forever upon it.PSALM 37;29

Yours offers Earth, when people want to go to Heaven.

quote]

the bible and what it teaches is GOOD .:)

this is what Jesus said in matthew 5;5
Happy are the mild-tempered ones, since they will inherit the earth.

and psalm 37;11 is nice to think about as well .
But the meek ones themselves will possess the earth,
And they will indeed find their exquisite delight in the abundance of peace.

and not forgetting REVELATION 21;3-4

With that I heard a loud voice from the throne say: "Look! The tent of God is with mankind, and he will reside with them, and they will be his peoples. And God himself will be with them. And he will wipe out every tear from their eyes, and death will be no more, neither will mourning nor outcry nor pain be anymore. The former things have passed away."

:) THE PROMISES IN THE BIBLE ARE VERY GOOD :)

The righteous themselves will possess the earth,
And they will reside forever upon it.PSALM 37;29

True, but what you teach concerning the bible, is FALSE. I took the issue up with several ministers and priests concerning the 144,000 (for example). They didn't laugh. They said that the misconstruing of the Bible is the equivelent of leading "children" astray. When one does that, they are either ignorant of the truth, or deliberate in misleading those who are faithful and new, or considering becoming faithful. They also wonder at your mixing with those not of your "flock", when your own leaders have forbidden such "un guided" contact.

Seems you can't even follow your own faith's rules...so why should anyone listen to your "call" to become like Jehovah's witnesses, and disregard the trinitarian view, as false?

The pot calling the kettle "black", is quite appropriate for this set of circumstances.

Back