Can you relate?

I see Jesus called the world to oneness.

John 17:21-23 "That they may all be one, just as you, Father, are in me, and I in you, that they also may be in us, so that the world may believe that you have sent me. The glory that you have given me I have given to them, that they may be one even as we are one, I in them and you in me, that they may become perfectly one, so that the world may know that you sent me and loved them even as you loved me.."

Regards Tony
I see Jesus is speaking about 'the world' in contrast to those His sheep who are not of the world?

I see Jesus was not concerned with creating a perfect world on earth, but with the souls of people, bringing hope and comfort of a better world beyond -- especially to the hopeless and the lost.

I see Jesus is speaking about 'the world' in contrast to those His sheep who are not of the world?

I see Jesus was not concerned with creating a perfect world on earth, but with the souls of people, bringing hope and comfort of a better world beyond -- especially to the hopeless and the lost.
That would mean the Lords Prayer is not being prayed in the spirit of its obvious promise.

Especially when we ask, your kingdom come, your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven.

I see it is a prayer of prophecy.

Regards Tony

I see Jesus called the world to oneness.

John 17:21-23 "That they may all be one, just as you, Father, are in me, and I in you, that they also may be in us, so that the world may believe that you have sent me. The glory that you have given me I have given to them, that they may be one even as we are one, I in them and you in me, that they may become perfectly one, so that the world may know that you sent me and loved them even as you loved me.."
Yeah, he was talking to Jews, and referred to the world of Jews. Did you read from the link that I provided? The world idea came later. It was an a religious colonialism. See, what Christians did all over the world including Europe. All Abrahamic religions are but religious colonialists, Bahais too in their own small way - 'Gather under the banner', etc.

Last edited:
That is an interpretation of some Bible verses.
And just how many Bible verses to you need before you understand?
Verses such as 1 Corinthians 6:19 are not a done deal, even if one thinks a declaration makes it a sure thing.
Don't know where you are going with this one. Paul is making a statement! And that statement is to believers.
Ezekiel 36:27 I will put My Spirit within you and cause you to walk in My statutes, and you will be careful to observe My ordinances.
You need to be careful bringing the OT into you thinking. Ezekiel is speaking to Jews and Jews alone. Not you as a gentile.
Faith requires effort and our submission unto all the commands and I see those verses in a different light, especially when one reads about the required deeds.
Faith requires no effort, that is why it is called Faith. And that entire legalist issue you have never worked. You see everything in a different light, all in the light of your buddha. How many miracles did your buddha do?
Have you got the slightest idea of who Jesus is speaking to here????????????
This discourse starts in Chapter 12 of John, can't you follow along and keep the text in context. Your bias leads you to deception.
Especially when we ask, your kingdom come, your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven.
Once again you miss it. God would love for this earth to be like His kingdom in heaven and it will be only through the Believers of Jesus. There is a small piece of the Kingdom alive here and now, but very small.

(several individual posts moved here by moderator to consolidate the page)

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, he was talking to Jews, and referred to the world of Jews. Did you read from the link that I provided? The world idea came later. It was an a religious colonialism. See, what Christians did all over the world including Europe. All Abrahamic religions are but religious colonists, Bahais too in their own smasll way - 'Gather under the banner', etc.
So where does you hate flow from? Misguided for sure.

So where does you hate flow from? Misguided for sure.
Hate flows from the 'woe to unrepentant cities':
"Woe to you, Chorazin! Woe to you, Bethsaida! If the miracles done in you had been done in Tyre and Sidon, they would have repented long ago in sackcloth and ashes. But I tell you, it will be more bearable for Tyre and Sidon on the day of judgment than for you! And you, Capernaum, will you be exalted to heaven? No, you will be thrown down to Hades! For if the miracles done among you had been done in Sodom, it would have continued to this day. But I tell you, it will be more bearable for the region of Sodom on the day of judgment than for you!"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yahwism

300px-Ajrud.jpg
Yahweh and his Asherah (Kuntillet Arjud, Sinai)
It seems Mother Cow was important for Yahwists also. :)

Another image about Yahweism, very similar to Ouranos or the 'Pashupati' of Indus Valley Civilisation. This was the religion that Moses (changed/defiled, according to the views of people concerned):

Yhwh.jpg
Pashupati.jpg

Last edited:
You see everything in a different light, all in the light of your buddha. How many miracles did your buddha do?
@Tony Bristow-Stagg is not a Buddhist. He is a Baha'i. Please check out the Baha'i forum:

Please note that our website is for discussion of different faiths. Many faiths are represented here:
Faiths.png

Code of Conduct
Our group seeks to fulfil a mission of interfaith dialogue and exploration of others' beliefs while being a place to discuss the intricacies of our own belief in a safe format.

1. We aim to uphold a good standard of conduct in the forums. Please respect other members and avoid making posts that may be seen as personally offensive ...

2. We do not allow IO to be used either as a soapbox to aggressively promote any faith or political view, or see any faith or political view to be aggressively attacked.

We're not perfect, but we try. This is the second time in a week the Code of Conduct link has been posted for your attention.

Last edited:
Faith is the foundation .. without it, all our works fail.
A person with faith, knows that they must remember G-d often, and behave accordingly.
It does require effort to safeguard our faith .. to act on it.
The Baha'i Writings offer deeds and not words must be our adorning.

"O SON OF DUST!
Verily I say unto thee: Of all men the most negligent is he that disputeth idly and seeketh to advance himself over his brother. Say: O brethren! Let deeds, not words, be your adorning"

Regards Tony

I see it is a prayer of prophecy.
"when your pray" "forgive us" "lead us" "give us our daily bread" Sure sounds like "prophecy" to any intelligent person.
No man has the Holy Spirit but God's given Messengers, they One and All are Annointed before they are even born, they are pre-existing in the Holy Spirit, the First and Lasts. (The virgin birth is a great meditation)
I do understand that your god is Baha, but he is nothing more than a snake oil salesman. Even though one of the messengers books state that the Holy Spirit resides in all true believers of Jesus, you just ignore the book for your Buddha.

oh, so G-d guides some nations more than others?
The Nation of Israel was and is God’s only Nation, He created it and keep it and the Nation of Israel will be restored in God’s timing. It’s the only Nation that He has ever cared about.

Faith is the foundation .. without it, all our works fail.
A person with faith, knows that they must remember G-d often, and behave accordingly.
It does require effort to safeguard our faith .. to act on it.
“Faith is the assurance of things hoped for”. “Abraham believed God and it was credited to him as Righteousness”. The person who has Saving Faith continually thinks about God in everything that they do. Your religion is a ”works” religion, you work your way to your Garden by prayers and poor tax and wars.

Your religion is a ”works” religion, you work your way to your Garden by prayers and poor tax and wars.
..as opposed to what, exactly?
..just believing that Jesus has saved you .. and then it is so?

On the one hand, you say G-d only cares about the Jewish nation,
and on the other, you claim that works carry no weight.
You seem either confused .. or perhaps fooling yourself in some way .. IMHO.

Back