Do serve God...or a 'Trinity'?

Personally for me as a Christian I have trouble with accepting Islam because God inspired real people to write the Bible. To 40 authors over 1,500 years from different walks of life including fisherman, physicians, and shepherds. Islam is based on the writings of 1 man over 500 years later that replaced fundamental teachings Christianity like The Trinity and Jesus' divinity. In all of the prophecies that have yet to be fulfilled indeed no reference to another prophet to replace Jesus Christ' teachings to His church. With all due respect.

Most Muslims will never read the New Testament. The Quran shadow Jesus is all they'll ever know.

Jesus said, "Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls".
Most Muslims will never read the New Testament. The Quran shadow Jesus is all they'll ever know.

Quran 2:285-286
The Messenger has believed in what was revealed to him from his Lord, as did the believers. They all have believed in God, and His angels, and His scriptures, and His messengers: “We make no distinction between any of His messengers.” And they say, “We hear and we obey. Your forgiveness, our Lord. To you is the destiny.”
God does not burden any soul beyond its capacity. To its credit is what it earns, and against it is what it commits. “Our Lord, do not condemn us if we forget or make a mistake. Our Lord, do not burden us as You have burdened those before us. Our Lord, do not burden us with more than we have strength to bear; and pardon us, and forgive us, and have mercy on us. You are our Lord and Master.”
As I am concerned, you are actually running in open doors when you say that is is an error to read only the Quran and reject all the other prophets.

This is not the intention of the Quran.

The scriptures are like a hologram. In a hologram, you find almost all the aspects of the whole in each part, but those that are in the foreground of the perspective are clear, and those in the background are blurred. You find many messages of the Torah in the Gospel and the Quran, but as you would not read the Gospel to find out what is written in the Torah, you should not read the Quran to find out the Gospel.

Reactions: RJM
The scriptures are like a hologram. In a hologram, you find almost all the aspects of the whole in each part, but those that are in the foreground of the perspective are clear, and those in the background are blurred. You find many messages of the Torah in the Gospel and the Quran ...
The Quran has nothing to teach Christians about Jesus, is my message. I wish Muslims would stop doing it, imo

The Quran has nothing to teach Christians about Jesus, is my message. I wish Muslims would stop doing it, imo
I know that Christians all refuse the Quran (if there was a denomination that accepts the Quran and the Bible, I would have joined).

We are here in the interreligious forum, and the Quran says something about Jesus. I have my opinion, you need not accept it.

(if there was a denomination that accepts the Quran and the Bible, I would have joined).
Check Bahai. :)
..and there is none that compares .. the Infinite One, the All-Knowing.
Don't forget Muhammad, otherwise your Shahada is not complete.

depositphotos_653905334-stock-illustration-islamic-shahada-arabic-arabic-calligraphy.jpg

Last edited:
I choose to worship God, the Most High. :)

..and there is none that compares .. the Infinite One, the All-Knowing.
The knowledge of Jesus is part of the worship of God the Most High, for Muslims as well as Christians?

But the Quran Prophet Jesus Son of Mary is a lot different from the New Testament Christ. I've no issue with Muslims venerating their Quran 'Prophet Jesus'.

I know that Christians all refuse the Quran (if there was a denomination that accepts the Quran and the Bible, I would have joined).
To carry on here: by The Bible in the context of Christian scripture, do you mean primarily the New Testament, which includes the writings of Paul?

Is there a way to reconcile the writings of Paul with the Quran? Most Muslims seem to believe that the writings of Paul, and also much of John, are 'corruptions' to the Injeel which was given to Jesus?

Is there a Christian denomination that uses the New Testament without the Pauline writings?

Also just repeating that for all its human failings over time, it is the Catholic Church that preserved the New Testament writings down 2000 years, through all the darkness and wars and social changes -- copied faithfully by generations of monks -- until the emergence of the printing press in Luther's time.

Without the Catholic Church, there would truly probably be no Injeel or Bible memory record of Jesus Christ?

@talib-al-kalim
I understand -- and you have said -- that your interpretation of the Quran may be different from that of 'most Muslims' in that you appear to accept the Incarnation and the Resurrection (therefore the death on the cross) of the Christ in Jesus?

It's understood how the Quran passage 4:157 may be read differently in context from the common Muslim interpretation, so there's no need to re-enter that discussion here, imo:

"and for boasting, “We killed the Messiah, Jesus, son of Mary, the messenger of Allah.” But they neither killed nor crucified him—it was only made to appear so Even those who argue for this ˹crucifixion˺ are in doubt. They have no knowledge whatsoever—only making assumptions. They certainly did not kill him."
https://quran.com/en/an-nisa/157

Thank you

Last edited:
Jesus is the Word of Truth, of divine origin.
He is from God, He made him -
The difference to orthodox Christianity is that the Quran states that he is made, not begotten (as in the Nicene creed), and not consubstantial with the Father. The creed is not confirmed in the Gospel accounts.
Well, my attitude here is that The Christ link between Spirit and nature, God and man, was begotten of Spirit before time began, and was and is therefore part of the (continuing) weaving of the temporal and physical dimension of nature by the eternal dimension of Spirit that surrounds and contains and permeates nature, like a room in a house.

I personally prefer the Apostles Creed to the Nicene Creed:

Apostles Creed

I believe in God, the Father almighty, Creator of heaven and earth, and in Jesus Christ, his only Son, our Lord, who was conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary, suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, died and was buried; he descended into hell; on the third day he rose again from the dead; he ascended into heaven, and is seated at the right hand of God the Father almighty; from there he will come to judge the living and the dead.

I believe in the Holy Spirit, the holy catholic Church, the communion of saints, the forgiveness of sins, the resurrection of the body, and life everlasting. Amen.

Last edited:
To carry on here: by The Bible in the context of Christian scripture, do you mean primarily the New Testament, which includes the writings of Paul?
Muslim should read the Tanach and the Gospel. The attitude towards Paul and the other epistles would rather be received as a comment and a document, not as a prophecy.
Is there a way to reconcile the writings of Paul with the Quran? Most Muslims seem to believe that the writings of Paul, and also much of John, are 'corruptions' to the Injeel which was given to Jesus?
I can reconcile John with the Quran, although he has a very different access, and it seems pleonastic. Paul is not a corruption but some of his explanations may be refused.
Is there a Christian denomination that uses the New Testament without the Pauline writings?
Don't know any.
Also just repeating that for all its human failings over time, it is the Catholic Church that preserved the New Testament writings down 2000 years, through all the darkness and wars and social changes -- copied faithfully by generations of monks -- until the emergence of the printing press in Luther's time.

Without the Catholic Church, there would truly probably be no Injeel or Bible memory record of Jesus Christ?
If Catholic means the whole church,, for sure. The Greek church was probably more important for the preservation than the Roman.
@talib-al-kalim
I understand -- and you have said -- that your interpretation of the Quran may be different from that of 'most Muslims' in that you appear to accept the Incarnation and the Resurrection (therefore the death on the cross) of the Christ in Jesus?

It's understood how the Quran passage 4:157 may be read differently in context from the common Muslim interpretation, so there's no need to re-enter that discussion here, imo:
I have answered this in a post in thread 'Quran says that Jesus Christ died a natural death.' http://www.interfaith.org/community/threads/20038/post-370240

@talib-al-kalim
Thanks for your response post #333 above

have answered this in a post in thread 'Quran says that Jesus Christ died a natural death.'
I agree. No need to continue the point here, imo

Last edited:
The attitude towards Paul and the other epistles would rather be received as a comment and a document, not as a prophecy.
Yet the Pauline writings predate the Gospels?

Foundational not peripheral or apocryphal, in the estimation of the Church that faithfully preserved them down though two millenia

Ok I agree that our bodies return to dust but what about our souls? Jesus told the thief on the cross that he would would be with Him in paradise that day?
1. The Hebrew word for soul is "nephesh" which also means "creature" or "being". Ezekiel uses this same word when he said in Ezekiel 18:4 "The soul who sins shall surely die". I know of no scripture that states that the soul of anyone lives on after death.

2. Luke 23:43 And Jesus said to him, “Assuredly, I say to you, today you will be with Me in Paradise.”

I would assume you already know that commas didn't exist in Greek writings. So an interpreter placed the comma in the incorrect spot.

"Assuredly, I say to you today, you will be with Me in Paradise".

See? Moving the comma changes the meaning. Jesus asserted to the thief that He had determined, today, that the thief would be in paradise with Him. The thief is still dead, as is his soul. Either that or Jesus contradicted the Bible. I think it's safe to say the comma was placed incorrectly.

1. The Hebrew word for soul is "nephesh" which also means "creature" or "being". Ezekiel uses this same word when he said in Ezekiel 18:4 "The soul who sins shall surely die". I know of no scripture that states that the soul of anyone lives on after death.

I would assume you already know that commas didn't exist in Greek writings. So an interpreter placed the comma in the incorrect spot.

"Assuredly, I say to you today, you will be with Me in Paradise".

See? Moving the comma changes the meaning. Jesus asserted to the thief that He had determined, today, that the thief would be in paradise with Him. The thief is still dead, as is his soul. Either that or Jesus contradicted the Bible. I think it's safe to say the comma was placed incorrectly.
I have a few things about this .

You could easily use that same argument by saying someone put a comma in the wrong place.

My next thing is that Jesus is consistent.. nowhere else in ALL His Truly or Assuredly did He add the word Today as if He was speaking for that moment. So your argument changes the entire doctrine of absent from the body present with the Lord. If we didn't have souls how could we be absent from our bodies?

2 Cor 5:6-8 So we are always of good courage. We know that while we are at home in the body we are away from the Lord, for we walk by faith, not by sight. Yes, we are of good courage, and we would rather be away from the body and at home with the Lord.

1 These 5:23 Now may the God of peace himself sanctify you completely, and may your whole spirit and soul and body be kept blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Ecc 12:7 And the dust returns to the earth as it was, and the spirit returns to God who gave it.

Rev 6:9-11When he opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of those who had been slain for the word of God and for the witness they had borne. They cried out with a loud voice, “O Sovereign Lord, holy and true, how long before you will judge and avenge our blood on those who dwell on the earth?” Then they were each given a white robe and told to rest a little longer, until the number of their fellow servants and their brothers should be complete, who were to be killed as they themselves had been.

He 4:12 For the word of God is living and active, sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing to the division of soul and of spirit, of joints and of marrow, and discerning the thoughts and intentions of the heart.

Acts 7:59 And as they were stoning Stephen, he called out, “Lord Jesus, receive my spirit.”

Mark 12:30 You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might.

Deut 6:5 and you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.’

Rev 4:2 At once I was in the Spirit, and behold, a throne stood in heaven, with one seated on the throne.

..according to your own creed, maybe..

The vast majority of Christians and Muslims believe otherwise.
I think perhaps @moralorel is saying (according to scripture) the souls of men are not revived to life until the last judgement? Until then the soul is in a state of suspended animation. But for that soul, no time seems to have passed since death of the body.

Would time have any meaning ?

Last edited:
Why would Jesus tell the story of Lazarus at Abraham's side and the rich man in Hades then? I believe everything Jesus said was with purpose and full of truth. Why would Abraham be able to speak to the rich man if he wasn't a soul without a body... by then his body would have been dust. This story would have made no sense to the listeners if they had believed we had no soul.

Back