the person's above you avatar

Mark Twain would have to disagree with you on one point:

[SIZE=-1]"Of all God's creatures, there is only one that cannot be made slave of the leash. That one is the cat. If man could be crossed with the cat it would improve the man, but it would deteriorate the cat." - Mark Twain[/SIZE]

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

True, true. :) My kitty was certainly much cuter and fluffier than humans, as well as friendlier than most humans, without lacking dignity.

If a stray kitty found its way to me, I would, no doubt, adopt it. I can't say no to animals unless I can't afford them or they can't fit into the current family, and then I work to get them to a no-kill shelter or adopt them to friends or family. Animals are my best friends.

At this point, I'm not ready to go looking for a kitty though. Maybe one day. I miss my kitty too much at this point to be ready for another.

I had that cat since I was 9 years old... She sat in my lap while I learned to type, and all through my junior high and high school report writing, and all through my undergraduate and graduate school. She sat in my lap while I wrote my dissertation last year. She would occasionally contribute a word or phrase in cat-language by hopping up on the keyboard and tapping at the keys. Or sometimes we would sit together on the bed or the couch, she in a ball of fluff on my chest, and we would philosophize about life. When I was sick, she would always curl up on my tummy and purr to help me feel better. When it was cold in the winter, she would happily become "earmuffs" around my head on my pillow.

It's days I'm at home writing that I miss her the most. I always expect to feel her little paws on my chair telling me to pick her up and put her in my lap. She was truly my best and oldest friend- my comfort through everything in life from divorcing parents to losing grandparents to the trials of grad school. She was, quite simply, an amazing cat and cram-packed with personality. When my husband's friends would come over and play live rock music in our living room, contrary to most cats' natures, she would come out in the thick of it all... making rounds and politely demanding affection from all concerned, no matter how loud or tattooed the individual, or indeed if they liked cats at all. They would like her, of that she was sure, and... they did. :)

I could never repay her for what she gave me all those years. People say I rescued my animals... Oh, no... They rescue me...

Improve man, being stuck up? I don't think it would.... Mix the attitude and trait of DOG with man, that would improve man unconditonal Love, not pompus "I am better than everyone else" frame of mind... Twain, your wrong. :D If I could be like any other animal it would be the dog.... I would dislike being like the cat.... I have lived like the cat for too long, it did me no favours... And for sure didn't do any for those around me.

I'd just like to say that my favourite avatar is Phyllis' (so don't go changing it ;)).

And a great quote from Mr Twain, too. :)

s.

i was watching on old movies (70's) and they were using a submarine and going where man has never gone before............ very deep. lol. anyway, they found species of fish etc that had grown to unbelieveable sizes way down in the dpeths of the ocean. funny thing was, there was an enormous lionfish and it attacked them, i thought of snoopy. lol. but hes soooooooooo gentle. arent ya, snoopy??

but hes soooooooooo gentle. arent ya, snoopy??

I'm mortified you could think otherwise! :p

It looks like there's also a watery attack going on in your avatar (unless you've changed it back to a parrot or something, in which case ignore this bit).

s.

lol, that is a usual weekend at my house. a million teenagers, in the pool , a thousand towels used and chucked on the floor BESIDE the washing machine. LOL. and usually one runs in crying....."i didnt want to get wet..." (that would be me) lOL

Grey's avatar reminds me of having a blast all day, and then being sorry later for the sunburn and the chlorine sting, but going back the next day anyway.

Path's reminds me of halloween and spooky movies...but in a good way. Like-Elvira, mistress of the dark-or something. :D
I've only glanced at yours I guess. thought it was a peacock feather, now I'm thinking fractal pattern mandelbrot set thingy?

I've only glanced at yours I guess. thought it was a peacock feather, now I'm thinking fractal pattern mandelbrot set thingy?

Uh-huh, close enough. You're not the first to think peacock feather though. Kinda makes me appreciate peacocks more now, maybe they know something about mandelbrot sets we don't?

I see Greymare has changed her avatar once again, I like the frog.

Your avatar Wil is pretty cool, I see the symbols of several major faiths. I remember the dove from way back, but the going around in circles makes me dizzy. I liked it better when she flew "right." I think I get the drift of what you were after though, and its a good thought. Peace between and among us all. Something well worth striving for, as long as the terms do not include surrender.

why thank you 123. I love green tree frogs. I have live ones in the yard and statues and stuff of them all through my house. *whisper* i even have a tatoo of one on my person. LOL

Greymare, did you take that picture? We occasionally get tiny green tree frogs similar to that one. Mostly toads, though.

I've always loved your avatar, YO-Eleven-11. Do you know who painted it? I'd be curious...

Dream's avatar cracks me up. I love signs that are non-sensical.

I've always loved your avatar, YO-Eleven-11. Do you know who painted it? I'd be curious...

Dream's avatar cracks me up. I love signs that are non-sensical.

I do not know who paintd it. Just take it for its worth...

:)

Love ya...

YO-11

In reference to YO's avatar, a few song lyrics:
Whoa-oh we're half-way there,whoa-oh livin' on a prayer...

Just like a prayer, your love can take me there
Just like a mystery, you are a (unintelligible)...

You are the wind beneath my wings...

Papa don't preach...
Alright, that last one is a stretch. A big stretch. But I had to.

:D

Back